Author Topic: Almost every kind of wild fish is infected with worms  (Read 30752 times)

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 12:55:53 pm by MaximilianKohler »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Almost every kind of wild fish is infected with worms
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 01:52:44 pm »
This is usual hysteria, no doubt propagated initially by environmentalists.  Many of us  RPDers have bought raw wildcaught fish en-masse for years without ever getting worms so it is absurd.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 02:28:40 pm »
I did get worms though. After eating raw for a couple years.

>no doubt propagated initially by environmentalists

That seems pretty baseless... The article is citing a person who works in the industry.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 08:37:45 pm »
Ummm... parasites are everywhere.

Whether in carnivores or snails or in pets or plants or in the water on in the air, etc.

It is the way life is.

Hulda Clark was in the extreme end of being parasite phobic she would zap every food she consumed and her patients consumed... you can be too parasite clean you know... this is why there is a yahoo group called Helminthic Therapy.

Then there is Aajonus Vonderplanitz who says all parasites are good for you for detox.

I'm somewhere in between and judge by each case if I'm going to deworm or not.  Nothing is black and white.

Livestock gets dewormed, pets get dewormed... people should get dewormed too... does not matter whether they are on raw or cooked diets.

I love my sashimi and clams and shrimp and squid.  Tons better, more effective, much faster acting than any processed fish oil.

No one can scare me out of my senses... and starve?

My 2 cents about this issue is... identify the fish you get and find out which are infested / bad... do not buy those.  There is a big variety out there.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:45:50 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 01:46:12 am »
I too once got parasites after eating tons of raw wild game, rotting meat and raw wildcaught seafood over a 14 year period. They were harmless, if a bit unaesthetic. After a few months, I simply got hold of anti-worm drugs from a doctor and got rid of them. In short, judging from reports, RPDers are only very rarely affected by them; when it does happen, it is almost always of a minor, harmless nature, so who cares?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 02:41:02 am »
Obviously, I agree with TylerDurden. I do recommend being very careful with eating raw shellfish. I've gotten pretty sick a couple of times from those.

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 04:16:20 am »
Almost all animal meat we consume will have worms or parasites, and almost all cultures who consume raw animal products go to length to avoid them. Take for example, the traditional way to eat suhsi... Fish was fermented, then dipped in fermented soy sauce, mixed with wasabi, and then eaten with ginger, all these methods were taken in precaution of parasites.

"The word "sushi" originally meant fermented fish, and has its roots in Southeast Asia."

"Nare Sushi took a couple months to prepare, and eventually becomes consumed before the fermentation process is complete."

Source: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2010-jul-primitive-funa-zushi-the-horrid-roots-of-modern-sushi

Other cultures, after the fresh kill, eat the meat raw, but not before dipping it in the sour, and acidic bile sac of the animal.

"Just when I thought things couldn't possibly get any worse for Andrew on this E. Coli inducing bar-b-q trip from hell, someone yanked out the animal's gall bladder, spilled the contents of its bile sac into a bowl of spices, and told him to dip raw pieces of liver into it and eat it. Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis!?:

Source: http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/04/andrew-zimmern-bizarre-foods-season-4-episode-1-opener-tv-recap.html

As we all know, spices themselves, have anti parasitic properties.

And finally we are all familiar with cooking methods... which helps prevent people from parasitic/worm infestation.

In conclusion, it is foolish to consume meat we know harbors parasites/worms, and think there could be no possible negative effect. Of course not every consumption will be problematic, but if one consumes raw animal product, consider yourself susceptible to infestation.

Still not convinced?

Witness your death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9F1EhfvYpA

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 04:26:48 am »
Tribe, do you eat raw? If so, what precautions do you take?

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 04:45:01 am »
Still not convinced?

Witness your death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9F1EhfvYpA

I could not watch the video due to youtube restrictions regarding graphic videos, and because I always forget my login password. One commenter said the parasites were actually "Ascaris", which are found in contaminated soil. So the guy likely got infected when he ate raw vegetables, not raw meat!

Perhaps people who eat a traditional diet which includes grains and cooked food must limit their exposition to parasites because their immune system is weaker, and their body "dirtier". Worse is when their body never had the chance to develop a better immunity because of low exposition to them during childhood.

Anyways, as GoodSam says, parasites are everywhere. You get them by walking barefoot on soil, drinking spring water, swimming in a lake, breathing...
Nowhere is safe.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:54:00 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 04:49:18 am »
I got the privilege to get my first Amish Raised sheep the other day from a man named Elijah.

He told me about how parasites cannot live in healthy tissue, and only animals with sick and deficient tissues, which is very interesting hearing A.V. theory retold to me from a man who never did a web search in his life. He went on to say that mineral balance is real important to maintain health and that once he started supplementing his flock with mineral supplements the worm issues went away.

Even if you do eat an animal with a worm, most worms do not transmit very easily to humans( unless there is already an underling issue which would make one prone). The anecdotal accounts of people with worms do not mention the fact that most of them live heavily if not entirely on cooked foods, and that raw meat is rarely the source of infection. The bulk of these accounts are of third world people , who are malnourished and living in filth.

In this raw foods community there have been only a few cases, like Tyler tape worm, which didn't cause any problems and was easily treated. Many people have inquired about and convinced themselves that they have gotten a worm from eating raw meat, but there is very little in the way of proof to back up the claim.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 06:08:03 am »
No disrespect guys, but you both are not referencing any confirmable events, data, or research...

One of you is making a decision based on a youtube comment, and the other about an experience with an amish guy.... Not greatest sources in the world...

In the rare event that the worms in the video were from contaminated soil, it is more likely it was consumed from ground beef, not a vegetable... Look up how ground beef is made... disgusting.... the cow, covered in dirt, and layers of its own feces. its ground up with thousands of other cows just like it...   

I think its safe to assume the healthier the person, the easier the body will deal with parasites/worms... Just cause the body can deal with them, doesn't mean we can freely consume them disregarding possible negative outcomes...   

I do eat raw... usually the meat is cured, or i just add spices, onions, garlic, like a tar tar style dish... but now always... i dont eat as much meat as many people on this forum so my risks are much lower.

Clearly parasites are a problem, and its wise to do everything u can to avoid them. IMO its foolish not to.. like you guys said, you can even pick them up walking barefoot... why would you knowingly increase your chances of parasitic infection when you know there are methods invented specifically to avoid them.... To do so would be denying the collective knowledge of cultures round the world

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 06:50:49 am »

" Ron Paul.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 07:58:33 am »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 08:34:25 am »
I don't know whether you are trolling or not. However, be aware my user title,"one who bans trolls", is VERY much based in fact, as any longtime member here will tell you.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 09:04:50 am »
I don't know whether you are trolling or not. However, be aware my user title,"one who bans trolls", is VERY much based in fact, as any longtime member here will tell you.

i dont see how anything i said could be misinterpreted as trolling... I made a few claims, i backed them up with other sources...

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 09:40:15 am »
i dont see how anything i said could be misinterpreted as trolling... I made a few claims, i backed them up with other sources...

You're too uninformed on these issues to even know why your sources are flawed, and what exactly causes those flaws. In addition (and this is the only deadly sin you're committing, but it IS deadly) you lack the necessary burning curiosity that people like me have.  You will never find the trutb about nutrition, because you just don't care enough. You refused to even read one chapter of Dr. Price's book. I read the fucking thing TWICE, all 569 pages.  Why? Because I wanted to prove that raw veganism was the ideal human diet, and I knew Dr. Price had found that modern diets caused crooked teeth and other problems. However, I didn't realize that Dr. Price's hypothesis was the same as mine, basically. He thought veganism was ideal, and was hoping to prove it's value by studying traditional tribes. His research convinced him otherwise, and it convinced me too.

But you'll never read the book, because you just don't have the passion like I do. That's OK, though. Few do, so no shame in that. Don't expect to fit in with wild-eyed mad scientists like us, though. You're too conventional for us.  You're a rule-follower, and we ...aren't.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 09:51:05 am »
You're too uninformed on these issues to even know why your sources are flawed, and what exactly causes those flaws. In addition (and this is the only deadly sin you're committing, but it IS deadly) you lack the necessary burning curiosity that people like me have.  You will never find the trutb about nutrition, because you just don't care enough. You refused to even read one chapter of Dr. Price's book. I read the fucking thing TWICE, all 569 pages.  Why? Because I wanted to prove that raw veganism was the ideal human diet, and I knew Dr. Price had found that modern diets caused crooked teeth and other problems. However, I didn't realize that Dr. Price's hypothesis was the same as mine, basically. He thought veganism was ideal, and was hoping to prove it's value by studying traditional tribes. His research convinced him otherwise, and it convinced me too.

But you'll never read the book, because you just don't have the passion like I do. That's OK, though. Few do, so no shame in that. Don't expect to fit in with wild-eyed mad scientists like us, though. You're too conventional for us.  You're a rule-follower, and we ...aren't.

once again... i never said people should eat vegan... idk where your getting this from...i eat raw paleo... ive posted on here before that im skeptical about the WAPF because they are currently funded my the meat and dairy corporations.

You havnt really gave a real reason why you dont like my sources... there are many others like them out there as well... but to each is own 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 09:59:54 am »
So what does your "paleo" diet look like? Dude, veganism isn't paleo. Humans have never been vegans. Ever. Sure, there are a few supposedly vegan Buddhists in China (who are eating insects unknowingly in their food, no doubt), but we evolved as omnivores. Period. PERIOD. And nobody but a vegan troll would start a thread with this thread's title.

So exactly which animal foods are you eating? LOL

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 10:13:38 am »
So what does your "paleo" diet look like? Dude, veganism isn't paleo. Humans have never been vegans. Ever. Sure, there are a few supposedly vegan Buddhists in China (who are eating insects unknowingly in their food, no doubt), but we evolved as omnivores. Period. PERIOD. And nobody but a vegan troll would start a thread with this thread's title.

So exactly which animal foods are you eating? LOL

I know we evolved as omnivores... im not disputing this. the animal foods i eat are eggs, and fish that i catch off the coast of san diego, spear fishing and deep sea. I eat meat, just not as much as a lot of people here. i dont eat any dairy.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 10:40:22 am »
So when's the last time you ate a piece of meat or fish? And I hope the eggs you eat are from chickens that actually get to forage for insects. They're not worth eating, otherwise.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 12:20:36 pm »
So when's the last time you ate a piece of meat or fish? And I hope the eggs you eat are from chickens that actually get to forage for insects. They're not worth eating, otherwise.

Today, and before that i think sunday night. i have it whenever i have time to get it. I get more when i go deep sea fishing. Yes the eggs are fertile and pasture raised. They are covered in bloom and feathers.

Im not resistant to eating other types of meat... place by me sells wild game(Elk,deer, boar i think), but its rare they have it in stock.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 09:21:10 pm »
Well, as long as you accept that we have several members who are very healthy eating 100% carnivorous, I don't see a problem. It didn't work well for you, but that's just one data point.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2015, 12:07:12 am »
I still stand on my statement regarding how the majority of worm infections are in people who eat cooked diets, and eat foods which are produced in sub quality conditions. The reports of people infested with worms most likly are of people who are not following the basic guidelines of a raw paleo diet.

In fact if these worms were so prevalent in raw meat, and their infection so pernicious then you would expect everyone of the veterans here to be infested, but this is not the case, so as a group of many people who have eaten raw meat for extended periods, without such issues, we place the burden of proof on anyone who claims that eating raw meat poses a greater risk of parasite infection.

I see all of those parasite mitigating methods of dunking in lemon juice, ginger, and using spices to clear away parasites, as a desperate attempt to   re-mediate a situation caused by unbalance in the diet and environment( post neolithic practices). Groups of people who are practicing these methods, are not raw paleo, many of them use grains, they cook much of their food, and they often raise their animals in less than optimal ways.

The idea that a healthy body with healthy tissue will repel parasites is not just some theory concocted by the Amish Mystic I meet, or by AV the great, it is something that is noticed by virtually all the sheep breeder, worth their flock, I have known. They breed sheep to be resistant and they are aware of conditions which promote natural resistance. As a carnivore if I only consume animals whom are healthy and have a high level of health and natural resistance, then those qualities of health immunity and vitality will be transferred to my own Body.

Parasites are a symptom of an unbalanced animal, if the animal cannot become resistant to the pest in its environment, then people should be wise enough not to breed and use those animals for food. Where on the other hand if the animal is in prime condition and is parasite resistant, then it is fair game.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 03:13:16 am »
I did get worms though

What kind?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 03:18:39 am »
I got the privilege to get my first Amish Raised sheep the other day from a man named Elijah.

My first 3y old ram from Amish had lung worms, very small, thread like.  I ate some of it before I noticed it.  Did not eat the rest of lungs.  Just lost my appetite thinking about it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk