Author Topic: Unsalted Raw Cheese in Uk  (Read 149 times)

Offline supajohnboy

• Forager
    • View Profile
Unsalted Raw Cheese in Uk
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:15:49 pm »
I cannot find unsalted raw cheese anywhere in the Uk. Neal's yard no longer produces unsalted raw cheese. Does anyone have any intel regarding sourcing raw unsalted cheese?

Online TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Unsalted Raw Cheese in Uk
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 11:42:31 pm »
I know. Years ago, when I first went RVAF and had not gotten out of the initial raw-dairy phase, I used to go to Neal's Yard and the man there. once actually complained when I specifically asked for unsalted raw cheeses. At the time, something like 60-70% were salted. All I can think of is to google online and phone lots of raw dairy selling farms to see which ones would be willing to deliver unsalted raw cheeses to your door. If you are rural and have a car, it's even easier to just visit the relevant farm once a month or so and collect the raw cheeses. Other than that, the LFM farmers' markets had a great reputation vs the customers when I was still in the UK in 2010.

Offline supajohnboy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 12:20:27 am »
Thanks for the info. I wouldn't succeed on this diet without raw dairy. I've tried a few raw cheese producers but none are willing to make it just for me. I live in Somerset and have been to a few local farmers markets but none of the raw cheese producers are willing to make it. One even went so far as to say it's impossible to make a hard tasty raw cheese without salt. I was hoping someone had a source, I'm happy to order from Europe too. More research required.

Online TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 12:26:52 am »
I have been told nonsense before by farmers about the impossibility of providing something or other. I always found out in the end that they were lying through their teeth. Salt only prolongs the lifespan of the cheese, nothing more. Just keep on looking online and phoning etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk