Author Topic: Blood Type Diet  (Read 15898 times)

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
Blood Type Diet
« on: July 09, 2009, 02:31:10 am »
What do you think about the blood type diet? I have recently found out that I am an O blood type. I found this out right after starting the raw paleo diet, after being vegetarian for 15 years.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Type Diet
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:38:21 am »
I don't think much about it, never researched it. It doesn't make very much evolutionary sense, since all the people in a tribe would be eating basically the same things yet have a few combinations of different blood types.

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 07:04:01 am »
From what I understand, according to the book, blood types has evolved with time. All (if not most) hunters and early tribe peoples were of O blood type.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:14:45 am »
So that's a neolithic evolution then, blood types? Because as I understand it there were pretty much only hunters until the agricultural revolution which ushered the neolithic.

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:20:32 am »
Raw Kyle, you're talking out of your ass.

You have no idea what you're saying. Read D'Adamo's books or shut the **** up about it.

Even say it's pseudoscience if you want, but your logic is all skew-ways. We're from different ancestry and we did and could have eaten totally different things, then we interbreeded again.

D'Adamo's theories are controverial, but at least get half a CLUE what the theory is about before you talk nonsense and try to debunk a life's worth with your infantile ignorant statements.

William

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 09:51:40 pm »
Tried it, it did no good for me.
I'm type A, and the diet had me eating beans. BEANS!!!

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 12:32:30 am »
your infantile ignorant statements.

Are they super infinitely infantile?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 04:06:25 am »
To SuperInfinity--

For a long time, maybe 2-3 years, I thought that eating fruit was still very important.  However, when I re-read this passage about the Masai and the Kikuyu from Chapter 10 of Dr. Price's book, it totally changed my pespective:

"In the Masai tribe, a study of 2,516 teeth in eighty-eight individuals distributed through several widely separated manyatas showed only four individuals with caries. These had a total of ten carious teeth, or only 0.4 per cent of the teeth attacked by tooth decay...

In contrast with the Masai, the Kikuyu tribe, which inhabits a district to the west and north of the Masai, are characterized by being primarily an agricultural people. Their chief articles of diet are sweet potatoes, corn, beans, and some bananas, millet, and Kafir corn, a variety of Indian millet. The women use special diets during gestation and lactation. The girls in this tribe, as in several others, are placed on a special diet for six months prior to marriage. They nurse their children for three harvests and precede each pregnancy with special feeding....The Kikuyus are not as tall as the Masai and physically they are much less rugged... A study of 1,041 teeth in thirty-three individuals showed fifty-seven teeth with caries, or 5.5 per cent. These were 36.4 per cent of the individuals affected."

The Masai ate almost nothing but meat, milk, and blood.  The Kikuyu ate mostly plant-based carbs.

Here's the link to chapter 10-journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/price9.html

When I re-read that passage, and thought about what it meant, and thought about my teeth sensitivity problems (which were caused by eating lots of fruit), I made some changes.  Those changes have helped my teeth.

There are other things you can do to help your teeth, and I'm not totally against eating fruit, particularly in hot weather.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 04:21:00 am »
    There are a lot of holes in his theory.  His diet doesn't work for me either.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 04:49:38 am »
Hello,Haida! I have blood type O too ;) and raw vegan diet nearly killed me ( I only did it for less than a year)
Now I eat raw meat, fish and organs and feel great, so the theory about blood types worked for me and for my family ( most of them have blood type O). My mother started eating raw meat and liver and her health has improved a lot!
I try to avoid carbs and stick to raw protein meals. And I prefer vegetables to fruits.
Thanks for bringing such an interesting subject into the forum.
Haida, what's your experience with raw dairy? To eat or not to eat? I crave raw cream even though it's a big no-no for our blood type. :'(
Eating raw fish and meat since 17.11.08. 99% raw since 25.04.08.

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 04:56:58 am »
You have no idea what you're saying. Read D'Adamo's books o

+1
I really enjoyed his book, it saved my life by pointing me to the right direction ( towards raw paleo).
Thank God for his theory, the guy is a genius!
All of my family members found his theory nearly 100% correct, my close friends benefited from it too.

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 03:29:37 pm »
Raw Kyle, you're talking out of your ass.

You have no idea what you're saying. Read D'Adamo's books or shut the **** up about it.

D'Adamo's theories are controverial, but at least get half a CLUE what the theory is about before you talk nonsense and try to debunk a life's worth with your infantile ignorant statements.

I think that this comment needs to be deleted as it's very rude and offensive.
What do the moderators think?

SuperInfinity, you need to stop eating too much fruit, you behave like a monkey. Monkeys don't have any manners, do they? If you eat the same diet as them you will start to behave like them.
It's very dangerous.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 11:27:41 pm »
+1
I really enjoyed his book, it saved my life by pointing me to the right direction ( towards raw paleo).
Thank God for his theory, the guy is a genius!
All of my family members found his theory nearly 100% correct, my close friends benefited from it too.

Why does raw paleo working for you and your family have anything to do with that book? Maybe raw paleo is just the proper diet for humans? If I wrote a book about people with blue eyes doing well on meat and not on carbs, and you happened to have blue eyes, does that make my theory correct?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 11:59:58 pm »
I think that this comment needs to be deleted as it's very rude and offensive.
What do the moderators think?

SuperInfinity, you need to stop eating too much fruit, you behave like a monkey. Monkeys don't have any manners, do they? If you eat the same diet as them you will start to behave like them.
It's very dangerous.

I think he's edging his way toward a permanent ban, but I'd like to give him a little more latitude first.  I'm not married to the idea of giving more latitude, I just think that we've given him a lot of research to look through, and he needs a little time.

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 12:36:47 am »
Hey, Kyle! What's your blood group? And have you ever read the book at all? :-))))))))))
I'm type O and all my best friends are blood type O too, including my ex-partner of 9 years  ;)
I was surprised to find out that subconciously we tend to like people of the same blood type.
By the way I get on with any people but tend to get really close only to those who have blood type O ( close friends, lovers, partners, I can write a book about it).:-))))))))))
In Japan you have to disclose your blood type if you want to apply for certain vacancies, and Japanese people believe that relationships/marriages last longer if both partners share the same blood type ( and I totally agree with that).

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 12:39:19 am »
I think he's edging his way toward a permanent ban, but I'd like to give him a little more latitude first.  I'm not married to the idea of giving more latitude, I just think that we've given him a lot of research to look through, and he needs a little time.

A Leopard never changes its spots  l) but I think that permanent ban is too harsh!? do you believe in giving people another chance?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 01:11:52 am »
A Leopard never changes its spots  l) but I think that permanent ban is too harsh!? do you believe in giving people another chance?

I was just predicting what we'd end up deciding among the moderators, if he keeps up the abuse.  Right now he appears to be taking a break, which could mean that

1.  He's asleep
2.  He's Working
3.  He's doing some other daily activity

Or he could be actually doing the thing that would definitely avoid a permanent ban, which is actually doing the reading that many of us suggested.  I think that my links to Dr. Price's work are pretty persuasive, and I definitely hope he's reading those.  I think that particular passage I linked is probably one of the most powerful and useful bits of published dietary research, anywhere, anytime, by anyone.  The thing that moved me away from daily fruit consumption (which I was still doing for health) and into a higher-fat diet was that passage, plus my personal experience of tooth damage from fruit, and other peoples' reports of tooth problems on a fruity diet.  It was a big, big thing for me.

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 02:08:39 am »
I was just predicting what we'd end up deciding among the moderators, if he keeps up the abuse.  Right now he appears to be taking a break, which could mean that

1.  He's asleep
2.  He's Working
3.  He's doing some other daily activity

Or he could be actually doing the thing that would definitely avoid a permanent ban, which is actually doing the reading that many of us suggested.  I think that my links to Dr. Price's work are pretty persuasive, and I definitely hope he's reading those.  I think that particular passage I linked is probably one of the most powerful and useful bits of published dietary research, anywhere, anytime, by anyone.  The thing that moved me away from daily fruit consumption (which I was still doing for health) and into a higher-fat diet was that passage, plus my personal experience of tooth damage from fruit, and other peoples' reports of tooth problems on a fruity diet.  It was a big, big thing for me.

I'm actually a huge fan of Dr. Price's book. However taking one passage out of it and using that as evidence is not very persuasive.

Also most forums give some warning before banning someone. I think it's a bit ridiculous to just ban someone without warning or deleting any of their posts. But then I guess if people believe an obese doctor known as Atkins with chronic heart disease giving dietary advice on how to lose weight and feel great they'll believe anything.

Yes I have some animal protein in my diet. No I don't think it's necessary, I just don't want to take a CHANCE of being "very wrong", you are all taking a huge chance of being very wrong.

On behalf of actual paleo man, I urge you to rename this forum to "rawneoforum.com" and say you're following the Neolithic diet.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 02:10:55 am »
Hey, Kyle! What's your blood group? And have you ever read the book at all?

A+ and no I haven't read the book. I did have some people tell me some things about it when I posted on a raw vegan forum years ago, but I don't remember much.

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 02:13:24 am »
Raw Kyle, I don't like your avatar. It makes me feel sick.  -v

Not trying to be rude, just saying.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 02:26:07 am »
I'm actually a huge fan of Dr. Price's book. However taking one passage out of it and using that as evidence is not very persuasive.

Also most forums give some warning before banning someone. I think it's a bit ridiculous to just ban someone without warning or deleting any of their posts. But then I guess if people believe an obese doctor known as Atkins with chronic heart disease giving dietary advice on how to lose weight and feel great they'll believe anything.

Yes I have some animal protein in my diet. No I don't think it's necessary, I just don't want to take a CHANCE of being "very wrong", you are all taking a huge chance of being very wrong.

On behalf of actual paleo man, I urge you to rename this forum to "rawneoforum.com" and say you're following the Neolithic diet.

You may want to re-think that stance.  I'm a moderator.  You're being rude to a number of people, and you're basically trolling.

Not only that, you're not even doing the research.  The Kikuyu had 13 times the cavities as the Masai.  I didn't say 13%, I said 1300%.  Think about that.  I'm not saying a pure meat diet is the perfect one (although the the traditional Inuit diet was almost all meat, fat ,and fish), I'm just saying...the numbers don't lie.   

Not only that, if a particular food aids tooth health, it will almost certainly aid bone health.

What else do I have to say?  Quit

1.  being ignorant

2.  trolling.

Please.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 02:26:44 am »
it's nice to see we can have mature and intelligent discussion
you fail at this ^

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 10:17:55 pm »
Hi Cosmo, I have found such a remarkably, positive change from following some of the blood type diet. Especially psychologically! Although I do not believe all of the book, I have found a basic truth to the difference in blood types. As far as dairy, it is better for me to stay away from it. If I have a little, once in a while, it does not bother me as much.

Thank you for your responses. It is an interesting topic. I have studied diet and how it relates to health for about 10 years. And the one truth I have found is that there is no one diet that is good for everyone. As far as fruit goes... my body does not appreciate alot of fruit. I do eat more fruit in the summer when its hot. But so far I think a diet of meat, dark-leafy greens, and berries suits me fine.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 07:11:49 am »
I know a couple who follow that diet. The wife is type O (what D'Adamo calls the hunter-gatherer / predator blood type) and so follows the type O meat-based diet and is slim and relatively healthy. The husband is type A, so he follows the near-vegetarian type A diet and is obese and suffers from sleep apnea and other health problems. I've also noticed this on the Internet--every person I saw who reported remarkable benefits from the diet and proclaimed it was doing the type O diet, which is similar to a Paleo diet. That's not to say that no one does better on the other diets--it's hard to do worse than SAD--it's just that I've noticed a tendency for the type O dieters to do best.

Has anyone here done really well on any of the blood type diets other than O (and I don't mean just eliminating dairy--I mean the whole diet)? For clarity, instead of reporting that you did well on "the blood type diet," please specify which blood type diet you did well on. My guess is that most people will say type O if we have a significant number here that tried it and did well.

The real kicker is that D'Adamo himself essentially abandoned the Blood Type Diet and is now promoting a "Geno Type Diet." Here is how one perplexed BDT fan responded:

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Digest When Such a Huge Fan of the BTD, January 6, 2008
By    Jane Elizabeth Haddad (REAL NAME)   

I have been a huge fan and advocate for the blood type diet for years. I swear by it, and recommend it to many of my family and friends. It made a big impact on how myself and my husband eat and excercise. The Geno Type diet honestly has me a little thrown off (although I am trying to keep an open mind) because some of the changes in my diet are pretty significant. I am a type A- and with the Blood Type Diet I was to avoid most dairy, which I honestly felt was very beneficial for me and I saw results. Now, by the GenoType Diet I can all of a sudden have all this cheese, many are now actually considered superfoods for me. And the cheese I could eat before is now toxic. When you have been living and believing a diet for years... it kind of turns your world upside down. I also noticed Ezekiel bread which is a staple in my house because of the BTD is not even mentioned in the GenoType. There is also a lot less stressing of soy. I really don't know what to think. Many other things are the same, but I do feel a bit puzzled. I would also like to mention that the website for the Genotype diet is pushed throughout the whole book. It costs 65 dollars to sign up for it (although I did get a special discount e-mail today). The book refers you to the website quite often and the book does not explain why things are good and bad for you, like the BTD book does. I can't help but feel, that Dr. D'Adamo is really out to make a buck here. I feel the book is not as informative as his other work.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:32:21 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »
Interesting observation. And ya, when the author himself turns around and makes another "perfect diet" book that contradicts the first, you can surmise there is an overwhelming chance that their motivations are monetary and not altruistic or even scientific.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk