Author Topic: GoodSamaritan's Experiments  (Read 173940 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: GoodSamaritan's Experiments
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2009, 02:31:48 am »
My taste has changed.
I now prefer cold beef straight from the refrigerator.
And I now prefer the beef at least 1 day or 2 days up to 2 weeks in the ref rather than totally fresh.

What does this mean?

Well, I chose slightly-aged raw meat mainly due to my teeth. But I, subsequently, loved the softness and the stinkiness was rather like a raw aged cheese(without the negative side-effects of raw dairy).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2009, 06:57:50 am »
Hello Dear, raw,

"meat is becoming dark, black, sometimes gray fat there must be bacteria on it"

dear friend, my questions are , 1)those dark meat in the refrigerators are oxidized meat right? 2)what kind of benefit we can achieve of consuming that black color meat? 3)which is better- the fresh red raw meat or the black colored old meat? 4)my husband often says that high meat is like cooked meat (except, they have some beneficial probiotics than those cooked meat)... is it true?

these questions often bother me, because i'm new in this diet. when i feed my toddler raw meat, i see the black color here and there and i cut them off from the meat. please, help me to find out these questions. thanks. -\

I am a very private person.  Sorry to take so long to answer.  It's a way I tend to be, as I have needs, but not so much other help.  By the way, true fact, I don't photograph, never did but maybe a school pic or so.  

"goodsomaritan experiments". i want to know also how can i make a high meat for baby (little bit tastier way, when he never consumes that before, neither do i) and the amount i should give him. i'm just so gland to find you and i'm dying to see your photo. you just email me , where no one can see you. ...

I add some (unheated) honey occasionally when I'm making high meats.  Not too much honey though.  It dries the meat itself out.  It made it tastier though in the beginning before I was fully used to the idea of high meats.  I would start giving it in very small amount.  Maybe one cubic centimeter each day or week.  I would eat it too first.  People of any age are more encouraged to eat a new food when they see someone they respect enjoying the same food.  It might take two months to make your first batch of high meats.  Maybe a third of that time though, if you make it outside the refrigerator.  I actually really like the taste of high meats.  I can't think of anything but the honey to make it tastier.  I especially like the taste of chicken high meats.

1)those dark meat in the refrigerators are oxidized meat right?
I guess so.

2)what kind of benefit we can achieve of consuming that black color meat?
I don't know.  I don't think I've eaten black color meat.

3)which is better- the fresh red raw meat or the black colored old meat?
For me, high meats are excellent.  I like fresh meat because it works better than other foods as food to my good health.  I like high meats because they are amazing.

4)my husband often says that high meat is like cooked meat (except, they have some beneficial probiotics than those cooked meat)... is it true?
It could be like cooked meat, in that it is soft.  If you stew meat a long time it gets soft.  If you let raw meat sit it gets soft.  Both ways can help release nutrients.  High meats does it better, IMO.  Has your husband often eaten high meats?

Love,
RawZi

edit 7:16 PM EST
reason: mispelling of a word
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 08:16:53 am by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2009, 12:19:57 pm »
dearest rawzi/ you're just awesome!!  :-*

thank you for your GREAT answers. i really want to give high meat to my little one. thanks again.
bugs or country chickens

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2009, 07:47:16 am »
I was working the whole day with a client to do his networking.  He was going to pay good money so I might as well try to be cordial with him: some coffee, a small glass of coke, cooked pork for lunch and cooked chicken for dinner.

BIG MISTAKE.
Immediately the following day I was rolling in pain.  Frequenting the toilet.  Pooping my guts out.  Large intestine inflamed again.  Something like last September.

Ever since the above happened on December 1, my large intestine healed slowly and now that it is healed, it is not the same. I'm getting a flatter, firmer gut. It's hard to describe but now I feel that somehow even older debris has been removed and that my large intestine today at December 19, 2009 has been upgraded to something like new and improved Version 2.0.  I feel I'll be growing fatter as this new large intestine Version 2.0 seems will be more efficient in absorbing nutrients.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2009, 08:34:13 am »
Yay! Ezinearticles published my article:

2 Years on Raw Paleo Diet Testimonial
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: GoodSamaritan's Experiments: 3 day Orange Juice Fast is Too Easy
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2009, 08:37:37 am »

I’m on my 3rd day of orange juice fasting and it is too easy. My 8 year old boy called for this fast but stopped after 1 day. My mindset was on 3 days so I continued on. This is too easy. I would like to gun for a 21 day orange juice fast in January or February.

On my 2nd day of orange juice fasting yesterday morning I decided to buy a fresh raw coconut. Malakanin consistency aka with some thick but scoopable raw coconut meat / fat because I want to use this raw fat to make my bowels move instead of those dreaded chemical epsom salts. As a principle in orange juice fasting, you want to move your bowels daily. So the coconut meat / fat did the trick, I moved. And this 3rd day in the morning I moved again so no need to eat more coconut meat. And yesterday on the 2nd day I did some pool swimming with my kids.

This 3rd day at lunch I have a meeting with a customer who flew in from out of the country. The staff is eating, I’m just there for the meeting, I made it clear with the customer that I’m on a 3 day fast and this is my last day.

What can I say about this fast? It’s too easy. I think my adaptation to a high fat low carb raw diet has allowed me to have steady blood sugar levels. I don’t get hungry, I don’t get hypoglycemia symptoms. I’m now confident I can attempt a 21 day orange juice fast. I don’t like enemas so I will be using coconut meat fat as a bowel moving aid as I see fit.

I’ll fatten up some more and then attempt a 21 day orange juice fast. Maybe when I hit 135 pounds I’ll do the next long fast.

from my blog: http://www.myhealthblog.org/2009/12/28/3-day-orange-juice-fast-is-too-easy/

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: GoodSamaritan's Experiments: 3 day Orange Juice Fast is Too Easy
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2009, 07:23:07 am »

I’m on my 3rd day of orange juice fasting and it is too easy. My 8 year old boy called for this fast but stopped after 1 day. My mindset was on 3 days so I continued on. This is too easy. I would like to gun for a 21 day orange juice fast in January or February....
That doesn't sound too healthy, GS. Why not seek some other opinions--like Lex's--on that first? He had bad results from long fasts in the past. If you're determined to do it, at least monitor your health stats, like fasting and post-prandial blood sugar and weight, during it. Why do you want to do a long "juice fast"?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »
21 days seems rather long. I've heard of people dying after just 13 days on a water-only fast and as PP said, Lex did 30 days which was disastrous.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2009, 08:31:31 pm »
AFAIK, the fasts are the best, when they don't exceed 3-4 days.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2009, 01:34:55 am »
Thanks for the concern, you guys are the best.

I want to study the different kinds of fasts and what they are good for.  I will try a 1 day and a 3 day water fast eventually just to see what they are good for.  I have to read up and be guided when I do the fasts. I wish to be an accomplished healer with many tools in his arsenal so my family will never fear diseases ever.

I owe Barefoot Herbalist MH for teaching me the 14 day orange juice fast which reset my body and made me get rid of rice and cooked meat addiction.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2009, 10:28:46 am »
I've done up to 5 days with no problem, myself.  It definitely can be overdone, though.  I did about 3 or 4 3-5 day fasts in one month, one time, and it took me about 3 or 4 days to fully recover from the last of those fasts. 

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2010, 12:50:07 am »
I've done 12 days of water only.

I think fasting is great for you and my health improved significantly. I released insane amounts of mucoid plaque. One improvement I saw straight away was the skin on my elbows always used to be dry, red, crusty and covered with warts, but after the fast it was totally gone.

But I think doing 5-6 days twice would've been healthier. A lost a looooot of weight. I went from 75kgs to 60 and lost almost all of my muscle I had worked very hard for for about 4 years :)

Thankfully after reintroducing meat to my diet they're coming back quickly.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2010, 02:51:22 am »
... I think doing 5-6 days twice would've been healthier. A lost a looooot of weight. I went from 75kgs to 60 and lost almost all of my muscle I had worked very hard for for about 4 years :)

Thankfully after reintroducing meat to my diet they're coming back quickly.

Do you recommend going straight from wateronly 5 days fast to raw meat?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2010, 02:55:38 am »
... I did about 3 or 4 3-5 day fasts in one month, one time, and it took me about 3 or 4 days to fully recover from the last of those fasts. 

I take longer to recover, but my fasts were longer too. 

I take a ridiculously long time to recover, but I'm still glad I have the experience of it.  The fasting was helpful too in my health and life.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2010, 05:05:44 am »
    Do you recommend going straight from wateronly 5 days fast to raw meat?

I'm not sure. I was a raw vegan when I did this so I ate raw vegan food.

They recommend you just eat light salats and stuff for a few days afterwards, because at first your colon has no bacteria.. I just had watery diarrea and I saw undigested bits of fruit and stuff coming out. But eventually it will balance out.

If I was doing a fast right now I'd probably eat stuff like eggs, high fat and a small chunk of lean meats afterwards
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2010, 09:22:09 pm »
Taken under the wing of Dr. Michel Tetrault - Chiropractor.

Dr. Tetrault set up a health and lifestyle coaching business and is on test run.  I'm one of the test run subjects and get free consultation.  Regularly a nurse handles the client.  But in my "advanced" mindset Dr. Tetrault felt it good to take me under his wing personally.

Wow, joy of joys, a new teacher!  And I get to meet him weekly.

I want to gain muscle. 

Initially he wants me to list down exercise activities I can do.  He thinks I should eat more vegetables.  So today I blendered some celery and carrots together.  He thinks I eat too much fat.

I'm now recording my daily meals.  Tedious, but this may help me achieve the next level.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2010, 11:02:25 pm »
The next level of what? How could this guy know what you should eat?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2010, 11:13:32 pm »
The next level of what? How could this guy know what you should eat?

I was immensely sick in 2005 as you can see in my website www.eczemacure.info

All I ever wanted was to get well.  And yes I am well now.  Healthier than I have ever been.

Next level for me is to have real muscles, strength, have athletic ability I never ever had.  I want something like Vlad in his video.

Tetrault is a wise and experienced chiropractor and health coach.  

http://www.chiropractic.com.ph/

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2010, 04:15:32 am »
... He thinks I should eat more vegetables.  So today I blendered some celery and carrots together.  He thinks I eat too much fat....
Of course he does. Nearly everyone thinks that anything over the ridiculously low fat recommendations of government authorities is unhealthy.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2010, 10:58:02 am »
GS,  you know you are going to have to lift heavy weights to gain muslcle?  Yes?  It sounded like you wrote that all you needed to do is eat more vegs? 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2010, 11:04:26 am »
I need exercise yes.  I'm looking for fun ways to do it. 

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2010, 01:06:01 pm »
I need exercise yes.  I'm looking for fun ways to do it. 

Heavy weights will take you to the next level. Find a real weight lifting gym and get personal instruction. This will help with motivation and results.

You have asked a few times about increasing testosterone well for me lifting heavy weights increases my mine I'm cockier when I lift, same with HIIT. I now need to learn to fight, something like the way Sully attacked that punching bag in his YouTube videos would be good.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2010, 03:57:49 am »
Hi, in your blog you talk about an experiment with "China Slim Tea"

http://tinyurl.com/ykczr34

To find out more I "googled" this tea and found out more

http://www.healthandbeauty.net.au/china-slim-tea/

Is this what paleoman would have used herbs for; can you see humans cramping and cleansing...perhaps they didn't drink tea, perhaps they just ate herbs???

Nicola

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2010, 06:38:28 am »
Hi, in your blog you talk about an experiment with "China Slim Tea"

http://tinyurl.com/ykczr34

To find out more I "googled" this tea and found out more

http://www.healthandbeauty.net.au/china-slim-tea/

Is this what paleoman would have used herbs for; can you see humans cramping and cleansing...perhaps they didn't drink tea, perhaps they just ate herbs???

Nicola

MyHealthblog.org is not a paleo blog. 
I put other stuff in it.
That herbal colon cleanser is not for me.
It's for the people in the household who have trouble pooping because their diet is too low on fat and they keep eating constipating wheat products: maids, driver, mother in law, etc.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2010, 08:49:49 pm »
MyHealthblog.org is not a paleo blog. 
I put other stuff in it.
That herbal colon cleanser is not for me.
It's for the people in the household who have trouble pooping because their diet is too low on fat and they keep eating constipating wheat products: maids, driver, mother in law, etc.

If we are eating a lot of fat and raw meat then that is all liquid - you may be eating a little fruit which should not have much to it...how the hell is one able/need to poo??? The whole picture does not make sense to me...that's how I could understand that Delfuego (the man who eats pemmican) only has a runny discharge every now and then!

Then again when I read about this colon tea...are we meant to be full of ??? and drinking that tea just upsets the whole system?

Nicola

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk