Author Topic: How to chew raw meat.  (Read 2917 times)

Offline alvinsujinkim92

• Forager
    • View Profile
How to chew raw meat.
« on: May 18, 2020, 06:09:07 am »
Do I really have to bolt down the meat? What's the pleasure of eating without being able to chew and taste the food enough? I've had raw beef before but it was so difficult to chew so I quit. But now I'm back. I know that there is ground meat but I want to know if there's any cuts that are chewable.

Offline Bradley David Good

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: How to chew raw meat.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 09:38:00 pm »
I felt that way at first but now I cut small pieces and bolt them down after a couple of bites like my dog does.  I learn a lot from my dog.  After all, we have basically the same digestive tract.  Now I enjoy eating like a dog and bolting it down.  It feels primal.  I think it is just programming - we were told to chew our food etc.  I still chew a couple of times and taste it and it's good.  No need to chew 30 times like before.

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 02:30:06 am »
There are cuts of meat that are more chewable than others. Usually the pricier cuts like some kind of steaks, filet have a tender texture and therefore are easily chewed. The most tender cut is tenderloin. But I think also the most expensive.
Then there are cuts that are tough and very hard to chew, even when cooked, which is why they are sold as meat for soups and stocks, being cooked longer to become tender. Like soup meat, the parts around the leg bone. Gulash meat usually is a little chewier as well.

Offline Bradley David Good

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 03:03:40 am »
Also, I'm very happy with this meat mincer - very high quality - I like to grind it right before I eat it most of the time....it's like cooking!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BDGMAE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline alvinsujinkim92

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 08:39:34 am »
Thanks for the reply guys. Sorry it took so long to answer. I apparently gave up on this diet only to have come back. I haven't came back to this forum until now. I'm trying to find out the cure to my intracranial hypertension... But that's another topic that I posted for few minutes ago.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 05:28:41 pm »
If you cut it small enough you have the choice of chewing or swallowing.    You can buy small quantity of quality meat, or larger amount of poorer meat which needs more work.    Why not try Chicken or Fish which can melt in the mouth?   If it is     fermented it generally needs less chewing, and leaving it outside lets it rot uniformly throughout.    Even tough meats are usually worth the effort if you really want to chew.

Offline alvinsujinkim92

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 07:17:34 pm »
Ah. Chicken is something I definitely should try. With lemon juice, just as Aajonus Vonderplanitz recommended. Thanks for the idea.

Offline alvinsujinkim92

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 07:38:13 pm »
Would you recommend a part that is good? Like the breasts or boneless legs, etc?

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 01:19:21 am »
Breasts are fine and, in other raw Chicken sections of this Forum, you will find enthusiastic fans of legs and even whole Chickens with the skin on.    Also raw Duck and Turkey and other poultry worth trying - I once had a 'fowl' Christmas with all three on offer, and enjoyed them for their different flavours and textures.    Presently enjoying plenty of raw Fish and also a fan of fermented Fish, kept for a long time, thoroughly rotten, very rotten, or extremely rotten with sharp strong flavour.   Try your own experiments and find what you like.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk