Author Topic: Best foods to break a 48 hour fast on raw paleo?  (Read 2156 times)

Offline rina888

• Forager
    • View Profile
Best foods to break a 48 hour fast on raw paleo?
« on: May 09, 2021, 08:36:22 pm »
What foods do you think are the best to break a 48 hour fast on raw paleo?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Best foods to break a 48 hour fast on raw paleo?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 04:12:44 am »
Any kind of meat.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 04:24:14 am »
I know that there are people that swear on raw coconut water, to replenish the minerals taken during the fast. Especially potassium. Raw meat as dario said might be a good thing, but I´d be careful with things such as raw eggs or raw dairy.

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 08:29:07 am »
I've broken a 7 and 15 day fast with fat and liver in the past few years. At 48 hours, it's really probably not that big a deal how you break it. Anything over say 4 days, you need to start taking more caution.

In retrospect, I ate too much protein in breaking my 15 day fast. Shoulda stuck with avocado, meat fat, a bit of liver or maybe oysters or egg yolks; along with whatever carbs you plan to attune your stomach to digest best.

For example, if you eat alot of fibrous paleo carbs (lets just say, onions, carrots, cucumber, squash, peppers, beets, etc); then you probably want to introduce those pretty soon. If you eat alot of sugary fruit, I'd say then introduce those in small amounts at first, so that you don't just spike your insulin after being in fat metabolism.

But really, the more I learn, the more I realize that, you want to be low carb, but not ketosis, low/moderate protein, and high fat. Best balance of hormone profile and longevity.
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk