Author Topic: Halal Grass-fed meat source in/near New Jersey?  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Halal Grass-fed meat source in/near New Jersey?
« on: November 11, 2021, 08:19:17 am »
It is a possibility I may soon be converting, marrying into a Muslim family, and moving to New Jersey (from California) and I am a little concerned in how difficult it will be to find grass-fed meats which are also Halal.  I'm not sure if anyone here happens to be Muslim that knows of a way I would be able to get ahold of some Halal grass-fed meat, or to otherwise verify if the Halal meat is grass-fed, especially around the area of New Jersey.  It's already pretty difficult just to find and verify if a meat is Halal or grass-fed individually even here in California, let alone to find meat of that combined, plus I will be in an entirely different state that I know nothing about..
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Halal Grass-fed meat source in/near New Jersey?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 11:11:11 pm »
I am in Germany, and the quality of Halal Beef in Germany is very bad. Same is about the chicken. The quality of mutton is little better.

The best bet is to buy a goat/sheep yourself from the farmer and slaughter it yourself. There are good videos about it (even from the members of this forum too) which helped me in this regard. It is not difficult.

But you are  a female and it would be difficult for you to do it. May be your future husband could help you.

Otherwise, go to the big stores and try to find out the frozen lamb from New Zealand. They are often labelled as Halal too.

A small Advice: Please be careful that it would be difficult to eat any raw meat in a Muslim family, while Quran declared the blood Haram.

I am an ex-Muslim and I started eating raw meat after leaving Islam. But still the best bet is to slaughter a lamb at my own, or to buy the wild hunted animal from the hunters.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 01:49:48 am »
My husband was actually able to find me sources of grass-fed halal beef here in New Jersey!  I am so happy for that.  However it is pretty much impossible for me to eat any meat raw in this family, not because of blood being Haram (it is also forbidden in Christianity which I converted from) since the animals are bled and there is no actual blood left in the meat.  But because the family all believes when doctors tell them it is bad for them.  Plus the whole idea of raw meat makes them queasy and it's not something they're going to change at such an age.  My husband at least will eat sushi with me and I was able to cook a rare steak for him that he liked when before he had only ever eaten well-done steak.  But that's about as good as it's going to get for me for a long time now.  I can't even find any raw milk either.   

These past few months have been difficult for me to try and find a balance between my overly-expensive but limited and plain diet, the overly-spiced and rice-filled curry and other ethnic dishes the family prefers to eat, and the SAD foods my husband loves that I also miss.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 06:12:20 am »
Wolf, you could try introducing them to kibbeh.  It's a raw meat dish that is middle eastern.  I was looking up raw food at one point online and found this.  https://www.mamaslebanesekitchen.com/meats/lebanese-raw-kibbe-recipe-kibbeh-nayyeh/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk