Author Topic: Heelo All  (Read 6955 times)

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Heelo All
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:57:05 am »
Just sayin  hi  as I joined up today. It's my 3rd day of 100% raw meat/no carb and I'm excited to be on a path of indestructible health and vitality. I'm an MMA fighter (currently recovering from a dislocated elbow). I've consumed raw meat for a few years now but also cooked meat and carbs which has hindered me from getting as lean and healthy as i want to be. Anyway the extreme cravings for carbs over the last few days have confirmed for me that I'm on the right track finally! I don't like weakness and my carb addiction is a weakness, therefore it must go. I am of mostly viking decent so my ancestry lived where it was far from tropical, therefore it only makes sense that sugars would effect me in an ill way and they do. Any carbs stick to me like glue and I have had enough of that. I'm eating raw grass fed beef, raw cage free eggs and cod liver oil. Already my mind seems more stable and even though I havn't been able to work out for a month (because of injury) my muscles have improved in the last few days and my little inch of stubborn belly fat is shrinking, this is awesome, when I get back to my MMA training and strength training there will be no more pinch an inch for me lol   bout time. I think I'm gonna go post in other categories now so anyway  hi,  nice to meet you all,  glad to see theres other hardcore primal beasts out there like me, willing to step outside the hurd of sheep and be the lions we really are :-)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Heelo All
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:51:02 pm »
I would be careful re the notion of carbs/glue etv. Many people don't do well on zero-carb(but do fine on low-carb). I'm such an example(despite hailing from Viking ancestors, originally). What I mean is if, while transitioning to zero-carb, you're just feeling a few aches and pains, then carry on with it. But, if you start feeling more like a desperate need to visit the hospital(re bleeding gums, unquenchable thirst, weakened teeth or whatever it might be), I would suggest readding carbs, forthwith.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 01:18:04 am »
 Agreed,  and no offence to those consuming carbs in a raw state, it's more the type of carbs I was eating that were acting like glue on me. And for sure if my health goes down hill I will reintroduce some carbs, only raw veg. and a little fruits most likely. However after 5 days I feel like my body is starting to convert fats and proteins into glucose more efficiantly, my energy was a lot lower 2 days ago than it is now :-)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 08:05:47 am »
Hello, I am a fellow bloodthirsty ZC barbarian savage. ;D
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 08:25:21 am »
coool mma fighter. let us know how you do. Yeah the changes are cool to go through huh!

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:04:04 am »
Hello, I am a fellow bloodthirsty ZC barbarian savage. ;D

lol  nice to meet you  you savage you  lol

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:05:41 am »
coool mma fighter. let us know how you do. Yeah the changes are cool to go through huh!

for sure man  i can't wait to see where im at in a month, a year, etc.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 05:53:26 pm »
I was never an athlete, I just played football / soccer just for fun in school.
I do watch some MMA on YouTube and the local Philippine MMA matches.
Wow, MMA fighter.  :o
Can we preview your fights on YouTube?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 04:23:14 am »
Hello!

I don't eat carbs at the moment either. Presently that seems to be working for me.

I look forward to reading your experiences as they unfold!  What does your wife think about your eating raw meat?

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 12:23:24 am »
Hello!

I don't eat carbs at the moment either. Presently that seems to be working for me.

I look forward to reading your experiences as they unfold!  What does your wife think about your eating raw meat?

She wishes she had the strength to be as uncompromising with her diet as I am,  she is supportive and after watching my physical and mental improvemeants I'm confident she will eventually be doing the same or similar.

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 12:26:41 am »

http://www.nmefighting.com/content/view/74/32/

If this link works look at the Ison vs  Harness fight.   I'm Ison.

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 12:34:04 am »

http://www.nmefighting.com/

go to the link  ( No Mercy Extreme Cagefighting)   you may have to sign up to become a member (it's free)
then click on fight videos,  then click on past events, go to Anialation 15  and click on the Ison Harness fight. It's an older fight, it goes close to the 3rd round before I knock the guy out. It's one of the only videos I have acess to right now of my fights. I could show you the one where I won my title belt but it's actually a very boring fight. This one is more entertaining overall. Hopefully you can access the site and see it. Let me know if it works out.

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 07:58:52 am »
yeah that works. good fight mate. that last punch just completely shows you why you protect your chin huh?

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 08:33:31 am »
yeah that works. good fight mate. that last punch just completely shows you why you protect your chin huh?

thanks

lol ya,   basically the guy was getting lazy because I never showed him any dangerous punches throughout the fight so i lulled him to sleep and then got the easy shot lol

I love standup fighting because I can take anybody's shots (not that that guy could strike but i have been whaled on by some real big boys) and smile but now that I've had my but handed to me by a gracie ju-jitsu guy my focus is the submission game. If you cant beat em join em, and then beat em lol.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 08:11:51 pm »
Now I'm even more interested in MMA.  Rooting for an RPDer!!!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:07 am »
Yeah, I may have to start following MMA myself now.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 10:17:14 am »
Thanks guys :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk