Author Topic: connective tissue  (Read 3902 times)

Offline The Barbarian

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
connective tissue
« on: August 22, 2009, 10:22:40 am »
Since raw meat rebuilds connective tissue I'm wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in their height. Like back to the height of your former years  or maybe you are taller than ever because the discs in your spine are now built up better than ever.

Anyone notice anything like that?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: connective tissue
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 12:04:04 pm »
taller than ever because the discs in your spine are now built up better than ever.

That's me.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 02:40:34 am »
I have kyphoscoliosis and my height measurements at the doctor's office went up 1/2 inch when I cut out gluten and dairy. One measurement was 1.5 inches higher, but I think that may have been an error. I'm hoping for a little more straightening on ZC. My back does feel even better and I do feel a bit straighter, and there are other indications that my spine may have straightened further that would be hard to explain without showing someone. I can't figure out how to accurately measure my height on my own, so we'll see what I come out to on my next doctor's visit.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

William

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 08:30:49 pm »
Haven't measured for height, but I have an old back injury since 1980, so that occasionally (like every month or so) I would wrench that part of the back and suffer a few minutes of agony trying to get out of bed, then diminishing pain for a few days if it was a minor wrench. Major wrench took weeks for the pain to disappear.

Since starting raw zero carb last September NO MORE PAIN! It has never happened!

Common versions of paleodiet didn't do that; only raw zero carb.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 08:32:07 pm »
Hi phil. Got some thoughts on treatment of scoliosis - pm me if you want.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:48:13 pm »
...Common versions of paleodiet didn't do that; only raw zero carb.
Yes, I have also found raw ZC to be far superior to cooked low carb Paleo for me as well and I add that after my initial improvements from cutting out gluten and dairy and adopting a cooked low carb Paleo diet, I gradually experienced some relapses that did not reverse until I eliminated foods like nightshades, winter squashes and the occasional potato and went near-ZC. Going fully ZC and eating more of my meats raw further improved things for me.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk