Author Topic: Lex's Journal  (Read 824254 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Lex's Journal
« Reply #1625 on: September 25, 2012, 10:48:56 pm »
PP,

definetely, folate seems to be a key factor in all meat based vlc diets. A folate deficiency could even cause heart problems via elevated homocystein levels. Thanks for the reports and links. According to nutritiondata.com you would have to eat at least 140 grams of beef liver daily to reach the RDA of folate.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3468/2

Other organs like kidneys also contain folate but only relatively small amounts.

For me, this means that a meat, fat, organs plus greens VLC diet should be the 110% perfect nutritional approach. Hunter gatheres in Africa eat the fermented intestinal contents of ruminants, still today. Such wonderful compressed "salads" could be extremely high in folate.

Löwenherz

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: September 26, 2012, 02:50:47 am »
Hunter gatheres in Africa eat the fermented intestinal contents of ruminants, still today.

Which HGs, for example? Or where do you have this information from? Link?

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: September 26, 2012, 03:25:00 am »
Well, I don´t find any information about African hunters eating the stomach content of animals, just claims about the Inuit doing this.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: September 26, 2012, 06:04:23 am »
Well, I don´t find any information about African hunters eating the stomach content of animals, just claims about the Inuit doing this.
Yup, multiple folk have reported that Inuit Eskimo eat stomach contents, and I saw a video documentary in which Inuit hunters dipped chunks of liver into caribou stomach contents. My guess is the practice would be more common among Arctic folks, for whom fermented greens would be more of a treat and more nutritionally important. It would presumably be less important for peoples who normally eat green veggies.

The Wealth of the Caribou
By Martha Taylor
http://www.nahanni.com/newsletter/archive/?page=14
"Every piece of flesh is edible and even the fermented stomach contents are consumed. Considered a delicacy, the contents are rich in plant nutrients required to stay healthy in an environment where plant life is not always available."

Did Eskimo/Inuit people really eat the stomach content of mammals?
http://www.arcticblast.polarhusky.com/eskimoicecream
"Nirukkaq is the content of caribou stomach. When you butcher the caribou, carefully remove the stomach content and put them inside of a container. Freeze it until ready to be used. Thaw it out and clean the contents very carefully with kneading motions. Pieces of grass, leaves, lichen and lumps are removed. When smooth it is ready to eat. Why do you want to know? The inuit ate just about everything they got their hands on, often uncooked, as in the case above. The alga content of seal and other sea animals was thought to contain some of the very little nutrients taken directly from plants, during the time of year plant life was dormant."

nirukkaq: the contents of the first stomach (qisaruaq) of a ruminant (caribou, musk ox, etc.) (from nirijuq). (Ulirnaisigutiit: An Inuktitut-English Dictionary of Northern Quebec, Labrador and Eastern Arctic Dialects With an English-Inuktitut Index, May 1986)

Nunavut: Fauna and gourmet! snippets from the north
"The third dip is called nirukkaq. It requires special care. Nirukkaq is the contents of caribou stomach. Here is my Uncle Annowalk's recipe: The hunter, when butchering the caribou, carefully removes the stomach contents and puts them into a container. The contents are frozen until ready to be used. When the time comes, the contents are thawed and a process called siingijaijuq is begun. This involves cleaning the contents very carefully with kneading motions. Undesirables like pieces of grass, leaves, lichen or lumps are removed. When smooth, it is ready. Caribou meat is used for dipping." http://www.sacanada.org/topic/232-nunavut-fauna-en-gourmet/
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: September 26, 2012, 12:49:29 pm »
According to the ND site to get the RDA of folate from broccoli would take 6 cups / 600 grams, suggesting it is a good idea for us to eat lots of greens.

Maybe this is one of the reasons hens are always eating grass ?

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: September 27, 2012, 02:44:51 pm »
If one wants to reach optimal fast, Seaweeds are the ultimate choise.
It has lots and lots of Iodine in its natural package (which means optimal absorption and assimilation) and Folate too...
Check here about Folate / Seaweeds;

http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-011112000000000000000-w.html?maxCount=123

(your body will not absorb Iodine if it is full of the other lighter Halides like Chlorine.. Fluoride..)

A narrow mind will be your most harmful thing you’ll ever own………….

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance.  It is the “illusion of knowledge”.  When you know better – you do better.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: September 27, 2012, 04:43:08 pm »
Which HGs, for example? Or where do you have this information from? Link?

A friend of mine reported this. He goes hunting in Botswana, Zimbabwe and Zambia every year. Hunter gatherers and village people there eat some parts of the intestines of grazers, well cooked, however.

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:07:24 pm by Löwenherz »

William

« Reply #1632 on: September 27, 2012, 09:08:19 pm »
If one wants to reach optimal fast, Seaweeds are the ultimate choise.
It has lots and lots of Iodine in its natural package (which means optimal absorption and assimilation) and Folate too...

Not true. Been tried, didn't work. And seaweed is like a sponge in that it contains all the stuff we don't want, like arsenic, mercury etc.

(your body will not absorb Iodine if it is full of the other lighter Halides like Chlorine.. Fluoride..)

Lugol's (or Iodoral - Lugol's in pill form) iodine is the antidote to poisons such as chlorine and fluorine, but it needs large amounts not possible from seaweed to overwhelm the more electrically energetic halogens. See breastcancerchoices.com and the work of Abraham and
Brownstein who actually cured disease with iodine after doing extensive science.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: September 28, 2012, 11:42:56 am »
OK, I’ve done a good bit of research (thank you for the links to get me started William), and have decided to try a basic iodine protocol for two main reasons:

1.   My PSA is rising and it is only a matter of time before my doctor and healthcare provider will want to do major intervention with powerful drugs with nasty side effects, and/or physical cutting and hacking, again with nasty side effects.  There seems to be some evidence that iodine supplementation at high levels can have a positive effect without long term side effects.

2.   In the research info there was some good indication that once the body has absorbed as much iodine as it can, it will discard the excess through the kidneys and urinary tract.  Since I have a well documented history of urinary tract infections, and iodine is well documented as an antibacterial agent, might the discarded iodine solve my UTI issues as well.

I’ll be following the same protocol that William says he’s following (William, let me know if I get something incorrect below), with a few minor changes.  In reading about starting iodine supplementation it seems that as iodine displaces other elements, these displaced elements (toxins?) can create some problems like rashes, headaches, etc.  The recommendation is that you slowly build up iodine intake over several months.  Also in my research I ran across a couple of people that just jumped in with both feet and toughed it out.  I’m an all or nothing type of person so I’ll be starting high.  The recommendation is 6mg or less per day for the first week, adding an additional 6mg/day each week until you reach 100mg/day.  I’m going to start at 50mg/day and move up from there to 100mg/day which seems to be where there is a solid measurable therapeutic effect.  At 50mg/day it is said to take 6 months to reach iodine saturation but at 100mg/day it might only take 6-8 weeks.  Things are rather fuzzy as there is really little actual objective research that I can find but lots of anecdotal evidence.  Anyway, my goal is to get to the therapeutic level as fast as possible.  If there are a few unpleasant side effects along the way, so be it.

Next, it appears that supplementation with several co-factors are critical to success.  Again, not much in the way of objective peer reviewed research, but the anecdotal evidence is rather strong.  I’ll be taking the following supplements:

50mg/day Iodine as 5% Lugol’s solution (split 25mg in morning butter drink & 25mg in water at main meal)

200mcg/day Selenium as L-Selenomethionine (at main meal)

400mg/day Magnesium as Magnesium Glycinate (at main meal)

2,000mg/day Vitamin C as Calcium Ascorbate Ester C (split morning and main meal)

100mg/day Riboflavin (B2) (at main meal)

500mg/day Niacin (B3) as inositol hexanicotinate (at main meal)

There are several forms of iodine and it appears that the body needs two different types to get full effect.  The thyroid gland needs potassium iodide, but most other organs and cells need elemental iodine.  There are two commercial sources for the appropriate mixture of these two forms of Iodine: Lugol’s Solution which is a liquid, and Iodoral which is a solid pill form of Lugol’s with the same proportions of elemental iodine to potassium iodide.  There is a good bit of debate of which form is better and from what I can determine there is no clear winner.  Some swear by Lugol’s and others Iodoral, but from a cost perspective old fashioned Lugol’s wins hand’s down at less than half the cost of Iodoral.  I’ll be using Lugol’s.

It also seems that Lugol’s works better when the liquid it is mixed with is acidic.  To accomplish this I’ll be adding a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to my morning drink with Lugol’s as well as some vinegar to the water with Lugol’s that I’ll be consuming with my daily afternoon meal. 

The acidic water, magnesium, selenium, and high levels of Vit C seem to be critical to the success of the iodine protocol, at least from empirical and anecdotal evidence.  The need for the B vitamins is less clear.  Most people saw significant improvement without the B vitamins, but when they were added there was further improvement for some, especially those with Fibromyalgia.  In my case, I’m going for the whole enchilada and leaving no stone unturned.  I see little risk in adding the Bs and if the entire protocol with the B Vits gives me the best chance of improving my BPH and PSA levels then I’m going for it.  At my age I don’t have a lot of time to waste.

I received my order of Lugol’s and the other supplements today so I’ll be starting this mad hatter adventure tomorrow morning.  Will report as appropriate when something noteworthy happens or changes.

Lex
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:51:56 am by lex_rooker »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 28, 2012, 12:57:48 pm »
Not true. Been tried, didn't work. And seaweed is like a sponge in that it contains all the stuff we don't want, like arsenic, mercury etc.

Lugol's (or Iodoral - Lugol's in pill form) iodine is the antidote to poisons such as chlorine and fluorine, but it needs large amounts not possible from seaweed to overwhelm the more electrically energetic halogens. See breastcancerchoices.com and the work of Abraham and
Brownstein who actually cured disease with iodine after doing extensive science.

William, that is intresting. You tried seaweeds and it did not work? Did you have a diet high in seafood too, at the same time? Because that is needed too, the nutrients in seafood + the seaweeds. Seafood all inclusive, eyes, skin..
If you did this, and it still does not worked.. it do might very well be that when one is very deficient, only Lugol's will do.
I do believe Lugol's and the like can do a lot of good too.

I do eat seaweeds from clean oceans, most of the time.

I am curious to see how Lex will do. I still relay on my (strong) intuitive feeling a heavy seafood diet + seaweed is superior to Iodine drops.
But each to his own.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:53:17 am by TylerDurden »

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: September 29, 2012, 12:27:02 am »
We're off to a running start.  One of the simple measurements suggested is checking body temperature first thing upon arising in the morning.  According to the iodine gurus basal temperature should be 97.6 or above.  Mine was 96.5 this morning suggesting that my metabolism is running slow and is a good indication that I'm most likely iodine deficient - at least that's the theory.

Had my morning drink of 10 oz of hot chicken broth, 4oz grass-fed butter, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, and 4 drops of 5% Lugol's solution (25mg iodine).  Also took 1,000 mg of Ester C suggested as a necessary iodine protocol co-factor.

Lunch will be my normal meat mix supplemented with the following:

16oz glass of water with 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, and 4 drops 5% Lugol's solution(25mg iodine).
200mcg selenium
400mg magnesium
100mg B2
500mg B3
1,000mg Ester C

This will be my basic routine for the rest of the year.  There will be some minor adjustments to the amount of the supplements as I increase iodine intake from 50mg/day to 100mg/day.  Not sure yet if I will just jump from 50mg/day to 100mg/day or if I will ramp up more slowly.  I'll wait and see how my body reacts to this current level and then go from there.  If I have severe detox (I hate this term) symptoms then I'll probably stay at 50mg until things calm down and then ramp up.  If I don't see any symptoms over the next week or so, then I'll most likely jump directly to 100mg/day.

Lex

William

« Reply #1636 on: September 29, 2012, 05:37:51 am »
Looks good, Lex.
I should add that I eat at least 4 raw egg yolks with the evening meal; this might be because they contain some folate (?) and supposedly lots of B vitamins - I haven't yet supplemented with B2 and B3, but might start.
Supported by Bear's words of wisdom, and is a substitute for the innards mix you get.

Suggest you consider doubling the selenomethionine if  you feel the need - I don't know how to calculate the balance with Lugol's.

I'm not sure about taking acid with Lugol's - there is a chemical reaction shown by it becoming colourless - I've always taken Lugol's alone, although some take it with food and still do OK.

Please keep in mind the salt flush just in case you get an ugly detox reaction - 1/2 tsp. Celtic/Redmond's in 1/2 glass water, followed by at least a pint of pure water. Daily salt dissolved in water at 1/2 to 1 tsp./day is part of my protocol, supposed to help the bromine through the kidneys.

I often drink 1/2 lemon or a splash of ACV squeezed into 1 cup water with a pinch of salt after supper.

William

« Reply #1637 on: September 29, 2012, 05:47:26 am »
William, that is interesting. You tried seaweeds and it did not work? Did you have a diet high in seafood too, at the same time? Because that is needed too, the nutrients in seafood + the seaweeds. Seafood all inclusive, eyes, skin..

20 years ago I used to always put some powdered seaweed in stew or soup, theoretically supplies needed nutrients, but it's impossible to get fresh and raw seafood where I now live.
I will not buy the available stuff, mostly from China and SE Asia.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 29, 2012, 07:18:30 pm »
20 years ago I used to always put some powdered seaweed in stew or soup, theoretically supplies needed nutrients, but it's impossible to get fresh and raw seafood where I now live.
I will not buy the available stuff, mostly from China and SE Asia.

I see. For you it might indeed be better to use Lugols. I get fresh fish here (but I am not too religious about it beeing raw.. I eat some lightly cooked too at times and I do eat a can of smoked cod liver once in a while..lol.. I am still alive), and I get seaweeds from Europe (France).
I still wonder where the balance lies with win/loose.. when it comes to natural/any other form. I honestly do not know. Only experience will tell and if you had good experience with what you do it is much worth though. Thank you for sharing, William.
I would be happy to read more about your experiences for sure!

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 30, 2012, 12:06:56 am »
Day one is in the can.  Nothing momentous to report.  No side effects but it is early in the game.  I expect that it may take a few days for side effects to show up, if they are going too.  If all is well after a week or so, then I'll up the dose as the goal is to get to 100mg/day.

This morning's basal temp was 96.7

Up 4 times last night to use the restroom.  This depends on how much I drink in the hours before going to bed.  Since the kidney stone incident I decided that getting up every 2-3 hours to urinate was better than risking a kidney stone so I usually drink 32 oz (1 liter) of water a couple of hours before going to bed.  It will be interesting to see if this improves on the iodine protocol.

Urine is bright yellow from the B vitamins, but that was expected.

I'm looking for a less expensive source for Lugol's.  J.Crows is about $25 USD/ oz. (30ml) for their 5% solution.  There are a couple of chemical suppliers on the web that supply labs and they are selling 500ml (about 16oz) of 5% Lugol's for the same $25.  With the restrictions here in the US, I don't know if I'll be able to purchase from the chemical supply houses, but I think it is worth a call to find out.

Lex

William

« Reply #1640 on: September 30, 2012, 12:51:38 am »
If you have a traveling friend, a Mexican or Canadian source would do for Lugol's.

BTW good advice on supplementing is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t_6oprpjmDCMqwCXP_6BMf0Mbr9DivmOSALeJTjReuY/edit#
or
http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Supplements

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 30, 2012, 04:44:52 am »
A friend of mine reported this. He goes hunting in Botswana, Zimbabwe and Zambia every year. Hunter gatherers and village people there eat some parts of the intestines of grazers, well cooked, however.

Löwenherz

Interesting.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 30, 2012, 11:40:37 pm »
GS was finally able to post my lab results to the first entry in my journal so it would be convienently availiable with all the others.  Apparently it wasn't a simple task as there was a limit to the number of attachements to any single post and my first journal entry was aleady at the limit.  GS fixed the problem and now my 2012 labs are in good company with all the previous labs. 

It seems that GS changed a at least one other parameter as well.  My journal used to have 167 pages but now shows only 66.  From what I can tell, there are now more posts per page which I think is an improvement.  It is much easier to scroll down a page than to constantly have to keep switching pages.  From what I can see I think GS has struck a good balance between number of pages and posts per page. 

Thanks GS!

Lex

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: October 01, 2012, 12:04:17 am »
Made it through day 2 of the Iodine adventure without problem.  No signs of detox or other issues.

This morning's basal temperature was 97.2.  I think it is way to early to attribute this rise to iodine intake.  I find that my morning temperature varies depending on the room temperature and how well covered I am.  If I only have a sheet over me then temperature is often lower than if I have a light blanket - depending on room temperature of course.

I was up only 2 times last night.  Again I doubt that iodine had anything to do with this as on occasion I only get up once even though my average is 3-4.  It all depends on what I ate and how much I had to drink and how close my fluid intake was to bed time.

For basal temp and nightly trips to the restroom, it will be the long term average that counts as any given day may vary widely.  The big goal is to lower PSA and it will be next year at this time before we know how successful this has been.

Bright neon yellow urine from the the B vitamins.

Found some Lugol's solution for about 1/3 the price of J.Crows.  It seems that people that have saltwater aquariums use Lugol's to keep their coral healthy.  Kent Marine's 5% Lugol's has a street price of about $9 USD/oz (30ml).  It is clearly labled "Not for human consumption" but the listed ingredients are only distilled water, potassium iodide, and elemental iodine.  This is exactly the same as J.Crows.  The only thing I can think is that J.Crows probably uses USP pharmaceutical grade chemicals and Kent's may use an industrial grade which doesn't have such tight purity specifications.  Not sure how much this would matter as any impurities should be very small on the order of less than 0.1%.

Thoughts?

Lex
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:09:27 am by lex_rooker »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: October 01, 2012, 12:27:37 am »
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, Herb Healers' Lugol's seems to be slightly cheaper than Kent Marine's (without considering shipping costs):

Lugol's Iodine (7%) - 1fl.oz.(29.5 ML.)   $9.75
Lugol's Iodine (15%) - 1 fl. oz. (29.5 ML.)   $16.25
Lugol's Iodine (2.2%) - 8 fl. OZ. $14.65
http://www.herbhealers.com/store/lugol-s-iodine-quick-order-form.html

Lex, I'm guessing that you won't want to confound your iodine experiment, but a high glutathione level reportedly also lowers PSA, fights prostate cancer and even reduces hair graying. I have info on it, if you're curious. One guy even claimed that a glutathione-promoting supplement reduced his PSA from 128 to 2.7 and cured his prostate cancer (http://www.cancercompass.com/profile/Wolfmont?tab=user-messages).
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

William

« Reply #1645 on: October 01, 2012, 02:44:08 am »
Today while reading http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815 I found a reason to not take iodine and vit. C together, it's at: http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1991551

"Dr. Jonathan Wright explains that iodine helps eliminate fibrocystic disease and ovarian cysts, in part, because of iodine’s interaction with estrogen. There are three estrogens in the human body and iodine helps to metabolize the two dangerous estrogens (estrone and 16-alphahydroxyestrone) into a neutral estrogen (estriol) thyroid hormone T3 (triiodothyronine) and then T3 to T2, are requiring or dependent on selenium. Selenium also plays a role in thyroid metabolism as part of a detoxifier known as glutathione peroxidase (GPX) that limits the excessive production of T4 by degrading hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) that is produced during the production of thyroid hormone. If GPX were not present to degrade H2O2, the levels of T4 would be excessively high. The degradation of H2O2 also protects the cells of the thyroid gland.

This oxidation-reduction reaction is the reason that Iodine and Vitamin C should not be taken together, Leave at least one hour between taking Iodine and any anti-oxidant supplements."

Note the mention of glutathione.
I don't know if pure carnivores need any vit. C, as there has been some research to the effect that there is another substance that our bodies use for the same effect. -Ref. another paleofood forum years ago.
I've thought that I feel the need for it because I smoke lots of tobacco.
For a good reason to smoke tobacco: https://jenniferlake.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/emf-killing-fields/
"A note here about the campaign against tobacco is suggestive in the role of nicotine as a potent ‘agonist’ in the protection of nerve cell membranes against depolarization– in other words, nicotine (nicotinic acid) is radioprotective and highly sought after in pharmaceuticals today. Read more here: www.polioforever.wordpress.com/electromagnetism ."

Beware those supposedly Lugol's iodines that are other than 5% I and 10% KI and 85% distilled water (this proportion of I:KI is the definition of Lugol's).
There may be some trickery in the calculation, and AFAIK nobody is using them successfully.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: October 01, 2012, 04:18:48 am »
Indeed, there's glutathione yet again. It truly does seem to be the "miracle antioxidant," much as I normally don't care for language like that. Thanks for the link, William.

Does the 5% Lugol's concentration matter much given that Lex is diluting it with "16oz glass of water with 2 tsp apple cider vinegar"?

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: October 01, 2012, 11:04:05 am »
Phil,
Thanks for the info on glutathione.  I'll check it out. 

The only value of 5% solution is that you need less of it to achieve the total amount of iodine intake you are shooting for.  Using 5% solution I need 4 drops in a glass of water twice a day.  With 2% I'd need 9 drops twice a day.

Since much of the cost of small bottles of iodine is the packaging, the 5% solution usually works out much cheaper per mg of iodine than than the weaker solutions.

Lex

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 01, 2012, 11:49:30 am »
William,
I read about the possible issue with taking Vit C at the same time as iodine, however, there is some controversy about this.  Some say that in theory you shouldn't do it.  Others say that they've seen no difference one way or the other in patients actually following the iodine protocol.

In my case, I have a butter broth drink in the morning followed by my afternoon meal about 8 hours later. These are the only two times that I can take supplements with food which all of the supplements, including the iodine, recommed.  If I separate the vitamin C, then I'd have to take it by itself.

Guess a little more research is in order,

Lex

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 01, 2012, 07:23:11 pm »
Phil,
Thanks for the info on glutathione.  I'll check it out. 

The only value of 5% solution is that you need less of it to achieve the total amount of iodine intake you are shooting for.  Using 5% solution I need 4 drops in a glass of water twice a day.  With 2% I'd need 9 drops twice a day.

Since much of the cost of small bottles of iodine is the packaging, the 5% solution usually works out much cheaper per mg of iodine than than the weaker solutions.

Lex
So wouldn't the 15% solution be the best deal, or would it be too risky because an accidental overdose (not diluting enough) would be too easy?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk