Author Topic: popeye's journal  (Read 15748 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: popeye's journal
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 01:21:33 am »
The trouble is that craig, a ZCer, did once suggest that adrenal-related issues might become a problem on ZC, as ZC might over-stress the glands.
Yes, but not all ZCers experience this. Lex isn't experiencing it and my adrenal-related issues actually improved as I cut back carbs.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

William

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 04:10:28 am »
This suggests that the need for carbs is not due to a lipase insufficiency, but more likely a problem with neoglucogenesis.

Offline popeye

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 08:58:43 am »
It can take a while for the body to adapt to burning fat for fuel, particularly when it has been fed carbohydrates for most of its existence.  I have heard of people taking months to fully adapt.  The best advice is probably to gradually reduce carbs to a level that you are comfortable with, and then you can eat more or less as you wish.  At this point I am not of the opinion that you have to go ridiculously low to get the benefits.

Offline popeye

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 11:34:46 am »
Here's the thyroid panel and cortisol test.  Everything appears typical as far as I can tell.  TSH is on the low end so that means the pituitary gland is not attempting to stimulate additional thyroid hormones.  This was before I had started taking thyroid extract, but after I had started adrenal extract.  I discontinued the extract for a few days before I had the test done, so it wouldn't fudge the results.

Offline popeye

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 03:39:32 pm »
Wow, I don't know if this is a coincidence or what, but I got the thyroid extract and have been taking it for a couple of days along with adrenal cortex and my energy and concentration are significantly better.  I had a thyroid and adrenal blood panel right before I started taking either, and when I get it I will post.  If this is due to hypothyroidism I would expect to see some kind of abnormal reading.

By the way, does anyone think it's at all likely that one could receive subjective benefit from eating raw glands after only a day or two that is not placebo?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 09:56:55 pm »
By the way, does anyone think it's at all likely that one could receive subjective benefit from eating raw glands after only a day or two that is not placebo?

Anything's possible. I've, in the past had almost instant benefits from eating some raw foods like raw oysters, for example.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline popeye

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 10:22:38 pm »
Anything's possible. I've, in the past had almost instant benefits from eating some raw foods like raw oysters, for example.

Well, I took some more thyroid and adrenals, and am experiencing a resurgence of the effect.  I've taken them 3 times and a few hours after each I notice at least subtle subjective improvement.  This seems to be amplified by waiting long stretches between meals.  Perhaps something in the glands is stimulating something in my own glandular system.  If anything I'm closer to hyperthyroid than hypothyroid, but I would think eating glands would help with a diseased gland or organ in general, whether it is over or under functioning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk