Author Topic: In vitro meat - what hell awaits.  (Read 11024 times)

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
In vitro meat - what hell awaits.
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:03:29 am »
This article literally made my blood boil. Not just the article itself, but the response it's getting, the fact that people still think, after a century of degeneration largely thanks to food laboratories, that you can still discover health in a laboratory. Horrendous:

http://hplusmagazine.com/articles/bio/eight-ways-vitro-meat-will-change-our-lives

Incidentally, isn't the whole cow's producing excess methane pollution just a farcical claim misleadingly based on the fact they're fed grains? Doesn't a grass fed cow not release toxic gases?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: In vitro meat - what hell awaits.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:23:13 am »
    They still pass gas, but it's not toxic.  I still prefer buffalo and chicken. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:00:46 pm »
Grass fed beef is cleaner i would think, and what about the tons of bison that were here before. Anyway I do like bison a lot ;)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 07:55:39 am »
First Animal-Free In Vitro Meat Burger is Ready for Debut
http://laist.com/2013/05/14/in_vitro_meat.php

Indeed, this has the potential to be one of the greatest libtard horrors in all of human history. I predict that the libtards will try to convince everyone that petri-dish-meat is no different than natural meat because it allegedly tastes the same (the concept that meat is very healthy and contains the best antioxidants of all and is not consumed just because of taste is utterly foreign to most of them), and then may use that as reason to BAN the killing of any animal for meat. Omnivorous and carnivorous humans may be endangered species, to be replaced by vegan fanatics. Savor and benefit from meat while you can.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:45:01 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 02:27:59 pm »
Just because the first airplanes weren't especially safe doesn't mean they didn't become safer.  Ultimately, animal studies will show problems with the meat, and I don't think it will be especially difficult to do some good controlled side-by-side studies on animal subjects with this new meat.  It will be probably at least 8-10 years before it's available at the same cost as regular meat, anyway. That's plenty of time to make sure it's nutritionally equal to good grass-fed beef.  If it's not, we're not required to eat it, or to outlaw regular meat.  Not every non-paleo, non-raw person in this country is a raving ethical vegan, Phil. Most of them like their meat, and the average voter in this country is omnivorous.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 10:21:59 pm »
You know where it will probably go is...  they'll make it low low fat, and all those voting meat eaters who are afraid of dying of heart disease will be told they can eat all they want of this new improved version...

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 10:48:14 pm »
You know where it will probably go is...  they'll make it low low fat, and all those voting meat eaters who are afraid of dying of heart disease will be told they can eat all they want of this new improved version...

Custom made meat!  Great idea! Ha ha!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 05:06:31 am »
@Cherimoya
...we're not required to eat it, or to outlaw regular meat.
For now, but are you really sure that governments will do the right thing in the future? Western societies have already started down the slippery slope of taxing and banning animal foods. For example, butter was reportedly already removed from the NYC school approved foods list in 2008 and there was a recent attempt to enforce this restriction when the top dog learned that some schools were still ordering it. If the meat glop manufactures and the politicians they pay for and the vegetarians eventually succeed at convincing enough people that it's "nutritionally equal to good grass-fed beef" then you may find a lot more people becoming "ethical vegetarians," making it easier to pass laws banning the killing and eating of animals as inhumane and unnecessary, which is their longer term goal.

@Van
Exactly! It sounds like that's what they're already doing and talking about as though it were good in some of the articles. I've seen no mention of fat, bones, marrow, brains, organs or connective tissues being put into the meat glop, nor any talk of the benefits for dental health of chewing bones or eating small bones. Western society seems to be moving in the opposite direction of good health on this.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:14:37 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 08:06:30 am »
Come to think of it, this laboratory meat glop is yet another example of the neomania so prevalent in today's modern society, where "New and improved!" is the watchword and "progress" is effectively a religion. Nassim Taleb pointed out that "Nature doesn't have a naturalogist running it," but he may be giving the scientists an idea with that. Given that they're trying to create new and improved meat and new and improved humans (cybernetic transhumans), maybe new and improved trees and flowers will be next and maybe they'll create a science of naturology and lecture birds on how to fly more efficiently?  ;D

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 12:43:43 pm »
LOL! Well said. Sure they will or would but they probably won't be able to before our civilization starts to collapse because of exhausted resources. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:03:13 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 04:40:52 am »
And economic/social/food collapse could come from something so invisible, ignored and undramatic as catastrophic collapse of honey bee populations.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 08:48:39 am »
Phil, it's trivially easy to do side-by-side studies of animals eat grassfed beef versus vat-grown meat.  Until such studies show, convincingly, that there is no difference in the health effects, we are not required to eat it. You far underestimate the average American's enjoyment of meat. Yes, there is a movement toward ethical vegetarianism, but there's also a strong movement toward Weston Price and paleo lifestyles.  You're cherry-picking facts to support your alarmist theories...but feel free to keep doing so. It doesn't hurt me to any great degree.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 09:36:43 am »
I hope you're right. It's not meant to hurt you, nor do your words hurt me. It would be a boring world if everyone agreed about everything.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 10:04:27 am »
It's just another way they can think of to make money.
All things fall into place if we get into the star trek era and figure out how to get rid of the greed with money
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 10:19:46 am »
It's just another way they can think of to make money.
All things fall into place if we get into the star trek era and figure out how to get rid of the greed with money

I would conjecture that money will go away pretty much exactly when all basic resource production and distribution can be handled by robots.  If Moore's Law continues, that will probably be in about 20-30 years. If Moore's Law does not continue, money may never go away.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 08:05:33 am »
The green nazis want to replace red meat with insect eating, poop burgers, and test tube meat. Its gonna be very hard to both eat real meat and pay carbon taxes in the future. Real meat will only be for elites and outlaws if we let the eco fascists get their way.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 08:08:40 am »
I believe there was a time on this earth before money, I may be wrong though.

There was definintly a time before private property though, not too long ago actually. Then the elites figured out they could give us the (con)cept of private property so instead of them having to pay to feed us and buy us the tools of our enslavement wed have to work for and replace it ourselves.

The elites dont ahve this concept of private property that we regular folk do. All their real wealth is in these strange things called trusts and shared amongst their own kind. It is almost like having things be the property of your tribe or people rather than the property of one person.
-----------

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 06:08:08 am »
I doubt it. More and more people also seem to be going in for more heavily processed diets. It would not surprise me at all if most humans end up eating some laboratory-processed gunge made from hydroponic farms.
Sadly, I think you're probably right, and the news in recent years supports you on this:

Eight Ways In-Vitro Meat Will Change Our Lives
http://hplusmagazine.com/2009/11/17/eight-ways-vitro-meat-will-change-our-lives/

First Animal-Free In Vitro Meat Burger is Ready for Debut
http://laist.com/2013/05/14/in_vitro_meat.php

Japanese Make "Delicious", Nourishing Steaks From Human Feces
http://www.dailytech.com/Japanese+Make+Delicious+Nourishing+Steaks+From+Human+Feces/article21932.htm

Hydroponic Meats Inc
http://www.manta.com/c/mm3pt1k/hydroponic-meats-inc

Sure, there will be a growing minority of folks who will revert back to healthier, more traditional ways of eating, but the massive tide toward more and more processed junk foods is sweeping across the globe and inundating the last surviving pockets of traditional societies and it is celebrated by governments, corporations, most scientists and gullible citizens as "progress". They march gladly to their own destruction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk