Author Topic: Gained 10lbs. of MUSCLE in less than a week!  (Read 82563 times)

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Gained 10lbs. of MUSCLE in less than a week!
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2010, 01:12:43 am »
Will do
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:27 am »
Well, I think ForTheHunt was just making what is known as "fair comment" and not directly targetted at a specific individual, just an observation based on his own experience re hunting wild game  - whether it's right or wrong isn't the point.

As for fat in palaeo times, I should add that palaeodiet researchers such as Loren Cordain state that it was precisely because of the scarcity of fat in palaeo times that palaeo hunter-gatherers went out of their way to get hold of fat as much as possible. In pre-agricultural times it was pretty difficult for wild animals to get the kind of fat-layers present in grainfed animals, there were seasonal fluctuations in amounts of fat(winter and early spring(and famine situations) rather reducing sources for obvious reasons) and palaeo humans ,worldwide, were known to hunt a wide variety of wild game, small or large(indeed there was even 1 study which claimed that the neanderthals died out because they, unlike palaeo humans, were too reliant on large wild game such as mammoths; study now since debunked as Neanderthals are now known to have eaten a wider variety of foods).

The arctic reference is a problem as the Eskimoes only came into the arctic some thousands of years ago, so not directly applicable to palaeo humans in general. And arctic species very  high in fat, such as seals, weren't usually a staple in tropical climes.

re my own experience:- I used to go in heavily for raw animal fat( lots of raw marrow with each dish of lean meat) because I was worried re rabbit-starvation issues but I seem to have gone overboard. When I cut back down on it heavily I was still fine. I will concede that I did get some issues which might well be attributed to rabbit-starvation of sorts in 1 case(once or twice I did weeks-long experiments on a 100% all-raw-seafood diet and felt rather weak as a result, afterwards. Made me seriously doubt the aquatic ape theory.

Since I went in for very high fat in my failed RZC trials, I might try it again, though this time with a lower fat-content. Besides, I noticed like Lex did later, that eating high amounts of fat made me fatter/overweight, despite being RZC, so am not convinced that that was good(though I seem to recall that  you have problems with being too underweight so extra mass would be a good thing for you, I presume).

There are no studies on rabbit-starvation that I know of, only the anecdotal reports  that anything of rabbit-size or smaller is not ideal as a primary staple of a (R)ZC diet, due to not sufficient fats being available(though horsemeat was also cited in 1 account which makes no sense). Anyway, I view my raw wild hare carcasses as not being of ideal size, but since  I also eat raw grassfed beef and am not on RZC, I'm not worried.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:42:52 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2010, 03:52:13 am »
Rabbit starvation, from what I have read, is about a relation of protein to either fat or carbs as a total percentage of calories.  Thus one can avoid rabbit starvation by eating either fat or carbs with their protein.  Those eating high protein diets and little or no fat,  are you eating carbs along with your wild lean meats?

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2010, 04:37:33 am »
Yeah, I have the same theory.

I think that rabbit starvation will probably happen a lot faster if you don't eat any carbs either. But I think this forum is a bit crazy on fat tbh, you only need a fair amount of fat. People here make it sounds like you need to be stuffing your face with fat all the time which I think is mostly due to ignorance.

I hunt a lot of wild game, and believe me, fat isn't as abundant as you think. Most of these animals are very very lean.

In my eyes you are right.  I tried eating more fat because I felt it was needed, started to get fevers and indigestion.  I estimate I eat about a handful of animal fat a day and that is more than enough for me.  I'm weighing in at 165lbs.  Fat is not needed in surplus

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2010, 10:07:26 am »
Negative personal characterizations? Not sure where I see that.

But anywho, your whole post is boring and unpersonal.. Not gonna bother replying but I can tell you that I disagree whole heartedly.

Forthehunt, you can characterize your post and mine any way you wish, but if you could phrase things more like this from your more recent post…

I've been in the wild, I've survived in the wild and fat is not abundant. Especially if there was a group hunt. And also I do badly when I eat alot of fat daily. I get fatter, lower energy, brain fog etc. ...

and less like this from the post that I brought to your attention…

... But I think this forum is a bit crazy on fat tbh, you only need a fair amount of fat. People here make it sounds like you need to be stuffing your face with fat all the time which I think is mostly due to ignorance. ...

…that would be helpful, thanks. I appreciate the improvement you made already. Do you see the difference between the two posts? I added emphasis to try to help point out what I was referring to. Notice the difference between the "this forum", "People here" and "you's" in the original post, vs. the "I's" in your newer post. To put it very simply, I'd like to encourage people in this forum to use "I's" more than "you's" and to share your own experience and ask questions rather than talk about "you" this or that.

Anything more like your "you's" post will be moved to the general forum where you can thrash it out all you want. This is the ZC/Carnivorous forum for proponents of ZC and carnivory and those trying those approaches or asking questions about them. I hope you understand that as moderator of this ZC forum that it's my job to maintain the standards here just like other moderators do in the other forums. Disagreeing with people is fine and sharing experience that does not support ZC is fine, but criticizing ZC or ZCers in general is not the purpose of this forum, regardless of whether it's justified or not. We have the general forum and hot topics for that sort of debate (and I actually would encourage folks to stick to evidence and experience, minimize criticism and avoid ad hominem even in those forums).

---------
Well, I think ForTheHunt was just making what is known as "fair comment"...

Tyler, did you not just recently move a post (http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/the-most-overrated-book-ever-written/msg24609/#msg24609) that was linked to a review that was critical of WAP dieters out of the WAP forum to the general forum and didn't even contain any negative text in the actual WAP forum post (so that people could just avoid clicking on the link if they didn't want to see the critical review)? If you just replace “Weston-Price” with "ZC" you get the answer to why I will move future criticisms of ZCers from here to the general forum: “I'm somewhat uncomfortable with threads attacking ZC or ZC proponents in the ZC forum. This forum is meant for people who are fans of ZC.” I didn’t even move the post and I don’t think my request was burdensome.

I wish to encourage rational discussions here and discourage ad hominem and broad-brush criticisms—especially unsupported negative comments about ZC and ZCers in general within this forum dedicated to ZC. Is that too much to ask? The latter just distracts from the real purposes of this forum. Another easy way to avoid the problem is to just put a question mark at the end of your sentences. For example, instead of saying "you" this or that, ask "Do you...?"

Peace and good health,
PaleoPhil
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:48:11 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2010, 06:11:09 pm »
Anything more like your "you's" post will be moved to the general forum where you can thrash it out all you want. This is the ZC/Carnivorous forum for proponents of ZC and carnivory and those trying those approaches or asking questions about them. I hope you understand that as moderator of this ZC forum that it's my job to maintain the standards here just like other moderators do in the other forums. Disagreeing with people is fine and sharing experience that does not support ZC is fine, but criticizing ZC or ZCers in general is not the purpose of this forum, regardless of whether it's justified or not. We have the general forum and hot topics for that sort of debate (and I actually would encourage folks to stick to evidence and experience, minimize criticism and avoid ad hominem even in those forums).
---------
Tyler, did you not just recently move a post (http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/the-most-overrated-book-ever-written/msg24609/#msg24609) that was linked to a review that was critical of WAP dieters out of the WAP forum to the general forum and didn't even contain any negative text in the actual WAP forum post (so that people could just avoid clicking on the link if they didn't want to see the critical review)? If you just replace “Weston-Price” with "ZC" you get the answer to why I will move future criticisms of ZCers from here to the general forum: “I'm somewhat uncomfortable with threads attacking ZC or ZC proponents in the ZC forum. This forum is meant for people who are fans of ZC.” I didn’t even move the post and I don’t think my request was burdensome.

Well, the above may well have been one of my biggest and most foolish mistakes on this website(I'll change the topic back to the wp forum, I'd forgotten about it). You see, at the time, I'd wanted to not frighten away any new members who were primal dieters/WAPFers from those 2 forums, and allowing too many negative comments against AV or WP on those 2 forums seemed a bad notion, so I thought I'd crack down and only allow  AV-/WP-positive posts in those forums. On the other hand, as RawKyle correctly pointed out,  stifling debate isn't a good idea in the long run either,  and I  ultimately came round to his way of thinking. Whatever some of us RPDers think of Aajonus or Weston-Price or raw zero carb diets, generally speaking, few, if any, on this forum view them as  being  absolutely 100% right or 100% wrong in all respects, so it would be wrong to only allow positive threads in the relevant forums and just move negative topics elsewhere.  It would inevitably lead to forums in which everyone was too careful not to say anything contrary to the particular forum ethos/subject and really stifle genuine debate, making people unwilling to post - plus hot topics or general discussions forums would  unfortunately get most of the posts, as a result. And let's face it, a post criticising AV or the Primal Diet is more relevant in a way (and more searchable for others) if placed in the Primal Diet forum than if it was just placed vaguely in the general discussions forum. Same applies to threads with posts criticising raw zero carb etc. Plus, I and some others have, routinely, strongly criticised RZC in the past for various reasons, yet Lex and other RZCers haven't exactly been discouraged/driven away from following their RZC diets, as a  result of such lively debate - if anything, they are more fervent than ever.
While anti-rawpalaeo threads such as advocating cooked foods or whatever, should , of course, be placed in the Hot Topics forum, threads/posts such as FTH's, which are merely critising 1  of many lesser viewpoints held by many rawpalaeos(not just RZCers) are just fair comment. And he wasn't making a wholly unsupported statement, he was claiming this based on his own personal experience re wild animal carcasses.

*1 minor issue:- lots of times I'll click on a link in a post on rawpaleoforum and the rawpaleoforum changes to another page forcing me to open a new google page to get rawpaleoforum back in view, whereas other links I clicked on in the past just created a new webpage. I've noticed this happening every time with your posts but not always others. Maybe there's some technical thing I have no idea of, which could fix this issue?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:48:11 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2010, 08:21:37 pm »
Tyler, can't you right click and select 'open in new tab', or click the middle mouse button on the link?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2010, 02:03:30 am »
Tyler, can't you right click and select 'open in new tab', or click the middle mouse button on the link?
  The first suggestion worked fine, thanks, though not the 2nd.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2010, 10:57:36 am »
---------
...On the other hand, as RawKyle correctly pointed out,  stifling debate isn't a good idea in the long run either,  and I  ultimately came round to his way of thinking.
Thanks for clarifying the forum standards, Tyler. I agree with RawKyle that stifling debate (that aren't flame wars and maintain the spirit of forum standards) isn't a good idea. I don't think you were stifling debate very much just by moving a thread, but I would rather not move threads and posts just because they are critical of their forums, so I'm glad you changed your mind on that.

I'd rather try to use persuasion, at least initially, to encourage folks to be civil and focus more on characterizing their own experience than that of others who they don't have all the facts about. That's why I made a request instead of moving the post I responded to. I'll stick with using persuasion unless things start escalating.

threads/posts such as FTH's, which are merely critising 1  of many lesser viewpoints held by many rawpalaeos(not just RZCers) are just fair comment.
If that's all it was, I would have had zero problem with it. After all, it was only the second post I've ever even commented on from a moderator standpoint, so I have obviously tolerated past criticisms of viewpoints. I welcome them, I just request that people not assume that their individual experience applies to everyone (which another forum that I'm a member of completely forbids and the quality of their debates tends to be quite high as a result). That seems to be where a lot of discussions here at RPF have devolved into unconstructive tit-for-tat flames in the past and I'd like to avoid that in the ZC forum if I can. I also encourage folks not to make broad-brush negative statements about the motivations and reasons of people who follow a different diet for you--at least not without asking them first. If they respond with an ignorant reason, then by all means call it an ignorant reason, but please don't assume that all or most ZCers, Omnivores, WAPFers, AVers, high-fatters, low-fatters, etc. are following their WOE because of ignorance or other negative reasons. Can't we disagree without acting disagreeable? Is it really too onerous a request?

And he wasn't making a wholly unsupported statement, he was claiming this based on his own personal experience re wild animal carcasses.
Again, if that were the case I would have had zero problem with it. What I requested he avoid is this sort of thing...

... But I think this forum is a bit crazy on fat tbh, you only need a fair amount of fat. People here make it sounds like you need to be stuffing your face with fat all the time which I think is mostly due to ignorance. ...

whereas I welcome and applaud this wonderful bit:

I've been in the wild, I've survived in the wild and fat is not abundant. Especially if there was a group hunt. And also I do badly when I eat alot of fat daily. I get fatter, lower energy, brain fog etc. ...

Do you see the difference, Tyler?

[Note: If you want to move this moderating discussion to private messaging, Tyler, feel free, but I think that open discussion may be good too, because I'm new at moderating and other folks may have some good ideas to add and I'm interested in other people's constructive input.]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:10:47 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Furion

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2010, 11:25:35 am »
I just read this whole thread and I'm a bit confused.

So redfulcrum is saying rabbit starvation is really "amino acidosis" which is an excess of amino acids in the blood stream?

So how does raw fat fix that? Does the fat store or remove them in some way?

And why does hitting yourself with a coin fix it?

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2010, 11:29:37 am »
No, the fat will not help if you eat such an absurd amount of protein. The liver can only process 400g of protein a day. More than this and you will be in trouble.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2010, 05:05:45 pm »
^ 400g of protein a day? do you mean on average?

I believe that it can be trained to handle more.

Offline Furion

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2010, 07:44:39 pm »
No, the fat will not help if you eat such an absurd amount of protein. The liver can only process 400g of protein a day. More than this and you will be in trouble.

So you think what happened to redfulcrum wasn't rabbit starvation but he just ate more meat than his body could handle?

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2010, 08:39:43 pm »
MM, yea I'm sure there is a range of protein we can all handle based on type and age and amount of lean body mass. The 400g figure is something I've seen thrown around a few times and could possibly be adjusted upwards if you "train" your liver to handle more, though this would be extremely dumb and have no purpose.

Rabbit starvation to me just means not getting enough calories. If you don't get enough calories you are going to starve. You can probably survive decently long on just a protein only diet provided you get enough calories. The protein will convert to glucose and fat but this takes lots of energy for the body and produces lots of toxic nitrogen waste. People on actual starvation studies or very low calorie diets report that hunger usually declines rapidly after the first few days. You might actually be hungrier on a 1600 calorie a day all protein diet vs a 400 calorie a day all protein diet, since you will be getting so much more glucose from the protein which could trigger hunger. But, of course, you will live longer on the higher calorie diet. So, the percentage of calories that come from protein are not as important as the number of calories.

Offline Bairdo25

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2010, 03:17:17 am »
Is this 400 gram figure coming from people on a normal cooked food diet or field tested rpd on people like rfulc? I think with the quality of raw food hes most likely eating it wouldnt really matter I mean he gained 10 pounds in less than a week thats beastly and his body is putting it to good use any more updates on his progress? 50 more pounds?

William

« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2010, 02:38:34 pm »

Rabbit starvation to me just means not getting enough calories.

redfulcrum got enough calories with his extreme test.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2010, 10:59:55 am »
Rabbit starvation is a combination of problems.  It is not just not getting enough calories.  I think I figured it out most of it though. 

One of the major problems with eating lean meat is taking in too much zinc.  Too much zinc will throw your thyroid off, putting you into hyperthyroidism.  That's why people end up having heart problems.  I had crazy heart problems and couldn't sleep.  I should've known better, I was heating up and not sleeping as much before I broke down. 

That was just one of the problems.  I also had issues with edema, indicating something was wrong with my fluids in/outside my cells.  I had increased intracranial pressure for the first month after getting sick.  It's been two months after and I'm feeling much better, but I still have a long ways to go to repair my body.  I know I damaged my cardiovascular system somewhat.  My kidneys failed and I had to take tons of vitamin D to get them working again.  Bones were hurting more, which I think is osteomalacia.  I think that had to do with my kidneys and the unregulated levels of parathyroid hormones from insufficient vitamin D causing the release of calcium. 

The point is rabbit starvation is not just hunger from not getting enough calories.  It is a metabolic syndrome caused by malnutrition.  Eating a monodiet of anything will cause a toxicity of whatever composition you're eating.  Any vitamin or mineral can become a toxin if you have too much of it.  Any lack of will cause a deficiency.  That's all I can come up with.  Good thing I know the truth of the body being able to heal from damage by good nutrition, otherwise I would've killed myself long ago.  This is not something you want to go thru folks.  I can't believe I went thru this twice. 
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2010, 02:07:33 am »
UPDATE:

I had a workout yesterday, still lifting the same heavy weights, although my energy just seems barely there, strength and speed have not been affected.

Still going with 3lbs of round steak, "surgically trimmed to the leanest", Lost 2 more lbs, morning body temp has dropped to 35.6C or 96F, tired in the morning until I "heat up" then I'm good to go. I suspect this is my body lowering my thyroid so now, I burn less calories when I can, less calories through heat, less calories through slower processing of food, although my temp shoots to 37C or 98.6F after eating 3lbs at once.

This is how your body tries to slow down weight loss for survival and when I eat enough protein like now it spares the muscle (google PSMF or Protein Sparring Modified Fast), performance but lowers Fat and to some extent energy, QUICK!

To the poster above, if excess zinc is an issue, find a girl with a nice ass and face or DIY 3-5 times a day, should keep zinc levels evened out.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2010, 06:20:17 am »
Yea, you think it's funny.  Just wait til you start developing hyperthyroidism.  It ain't fun sitting around with a pulse rate of 100 and a pulse pressure of 70.  Good luck eating lean, I warned you. 

BTW, that poster above is me, the one who started this whole thread. 
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2010, 01:49:08 pm »
Yea, you think it's funny.  Just wait til you start developing hyperthyroidism.  It ain't fun sitting around with a pulse rate of 100 and a pulse pressure of 70.  Good luck eating lean, I warned you.  

BTW, that poster above is me, the one who started this whole thread.  

I wasn't kidding about what I wrote in the last sentence of my last post, I dunno why you think I think it's funny.

I'd be VERY surprised if I developed hyperthyrodism,I am eating a hypocaloric diet, I'm eating very little fat and zero carbs, hell my morning temperature is LOW, no indication that it'll be Hyper anytime soon. You on the hand, were eating carbs? (which DO raise temperature and T3 I believe) and you were eating a hypercaloric diet too right? Both which increase body temp and possibly hyperthyrodism, especially at very large amounts.

You're still saying that at my 3lbs of lean meat a day I will develop hyperthyrodism ? I've already been eating like this for 20+ days, how long till I develop "Hyperthyrodism" and high pulse rate (mine is (49-60) now so high resting would be 70-90?

Around the time you predict I'll come down with the horrifying sickness, I'll take my temp, blood pressure & pulse rate, blood sugar levels, which will all contradict your "theory".

There's a huge difference between a PSMF and hyper caloric monster intake of protein+carbs only, If I was wrong and you didn't include carbs, then I can re-run your experiments and eat as much as I can of lean meat, but when I'm finished with cutting this extra bit of fat.

Anyone else interested in re-running his experiment at the requirements he sets to prove or disprove his "experience" ?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2010, 08:22:05 pm »
+1

Do you find though, Savage, that without fat although you still need water it seems to pass through you 'too fast', that you get dry lips and your muscles ache?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2010, 01:05:58 am »
+1

Do you find though, Savage, that without fat although you still need water it seems to pass through you 'too fast', that you get dry lips and your muscles ache?

Now I usually wake up, workout 1 hour after, drink 1 liter during workout, eat 1-2 hours after workout and drink water 1 hour after that for another 7 hours total, usually my daily total is 3-4 liters.

Water passes through like it did when I was eating fattier meat, no difference in anything, although I'm not 100% sure what you were asking about. No dry lips and muscle soreness is normal from lifting heavy weights, not more or less than on fattier meat.

The only difference than when eating fatty meat so far, that I have noticed:

-Decreased morning and average daily temperature

-Increased feeling of cold

-Decrease motivation for spontaneous movement.

-No strength differences noticed

-Decreased readings on blood sugar, blood pressure/pulse rate.

-Feeling lighter, faster, but I wouldn't mind napping more, the body tries to decrease activity and limit energy expenditure

-Increased taste for fat maybe every other day but only after the first bite when eating, when I'm done or before eating, I notice no more hunger than normal.

-I also feel more relaxed, in a better mood, but I'm also less tolerant if someone steps on my foot.

It's a joke all the horror warning we get from the ZC (cooked+raw) people about low fat meat and rabbit starvation, I thought I would be out of control by now, terrorizing fat people down the street, running after them, trying to get some of the rich, creamy goodness mmmm  :D

They might be right if you're super lean, but as long as you aren't super lean, I see no problems with this, if you naturally or through diet and exercise look like a figure or fitness competitor on posing day, then you need to eat fat because your body needs fat, yours or from food, but if you don't look like that, then you'll just use your own fat.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2010, 01:37:11 am »
I need to eat enough fat to keep warm, especially my feet, because my house is cold =/

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2010, 01:39:32 am »
Now I usually wake up, workout 1 hour after, drink 1 liter during workout, eat 1-2 hours after workout and drink water 1 hour after that for another 7 hours total, usually my daily total is 3-4 liters.

Water passes through like it did when I was eating fattier meat, no difference in anything, although I'm not 100% sure what you were asking about. No dry lips and muscle soreness is normal from lifting heavy weights, not more or less than on fattier meat.

The only difference than when eating fatty meat so far, that I have noticed:

-Decreased morning and average daily temperature

-Increased feeling of cold

-Decrease motivation for spontaneous movement.

-No strength differences noticed

-Decreased readings on blood sugar, blood pressure/pulse rate.

-Feeling lighter, faster, but I wouldn't mind napping more, the body tries to decrease activity and limit energy expenditure

-Increased taste for fat maybe every other day but only after the first bite when eating, when I'm done or before eating, I notice no more hunger than normal.

-I also feel more relaxed, in a better mood, but I'm also less tolerant if someone steps on my foot.

It's a joke all the horror warning we get from the ZC (cooked+raw) people about low fat meat and rabbit starvation, I thought I would be out of control by now, terrorizing fat people down the street, running after them, trying to get some of the rich, creamy goodness mmmm  :D

They might be right if you're super lean, but as long as you aren't super lean, I see no problems with this, if you naturally or through diet and exercise look like a figure or fitness competitor on posing day, then you need to eat fat because your body needs fat, yours or from food, but if you don't look like that, then you'll just use your own fat.

So you're doing this to lose bodyfat?
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2010, 01:48:40 am »
So you're doing this to lose bodyfat?

Solely for that purpose, but I also noticed I feel better without eating fat like I did.

When I'm done with losing bodyfat, I'll eat some more fat to stop anymore weight loss, but not as much as I used to eat before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk