Author Topic: What about roots and root vegetables?  (Read 15562 times)

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: What about roots and root vegetables?
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 07:48:30 pm »
raw meat man, I have a feeling that eating only oil probably isn't the most natural thing to do.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 10:09:35 pm »
What do you think about blended vegetables? Stanley Bass said that's very good option.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 11:58:36 pm »
Pay no attention to the raw meat man posts. It was a raw vegan troll who was banished. He was being sarcastic.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 09:18:22 am »
Okay I was wondering it sounded like bull to me.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 10:22:35 am »
What do you think about blended vegetables? Stanley Bass said that's very good option.

I'm not sure who you're asking, but I'll give a little of experiences on me:

Energy soup the way Ann Wigmore made it?  ok, decent energy (no root vegies)

Raw green soup made by blending tomatoes first then blending other vegies into it?  ok, moves bowels, nourishes teeth, I didn't use root vegies

Green smoothie(mango, kale, water something like that)?  Never again! (wasn't with root vegies)  

Green smoothie with kefir or egg added?  Disgusting :p (also were not with root veges)

So, I would do a little energy soup again or green soup as described, but not the others, not worth illness etc.

Oh, one more

Vegie Kraut (a la CHI blog): Nice, but better when eating a vegetarian diet (up to 50% carrot or daikon)

Also
Grated carrot alone or turnip: also ok with a vegetarian diet

I've met Stanley Bass too.  He lured me with promises of a Vitamin D supplement even though he knew I was fully primal for years, then when I got there he gave a vegetarian diet ... etc ...  and handed me a huge bill for the blather.  I wish him well, but I eat meat and I eat it raw.

Brian Clement says much of the nutrients are lost blending on a raw vegan diet
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 02:42:45 pm »
Brian Clement says much of the nutrients are lost blending on a raw vegan diet
Have you got some more information about this? Maybe some data?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 10:19:02 pm »
Have you got some more information about this? Maybe some data?

Brian Clement has data.  Call his center and request them mail you a subscription or any other information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJJzy8i8wY
    (some of his more recent words on blending in his experience at his vegan center)  

There are quite a few other vegetarian groups who have always been opposed to blending, as blending oxygenates, which is not good for their food's bacteria.
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 06:46:03 am »
   There are quite a few other vegetarian groups who have always been opposed to blending, as blending oxygenates, which is not good for their food's bacteria.

I wonder if this also happens with raw ground beef?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 07:42:41 am »
The Inuit, Tyler and Aajonus say that oxygen is good for promoting healthy bacteria in meat and I haven't found anything to contradict them yet.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:36 am »
The Inuit, Tyler and Aajonus say that oxygen is good for promoting healthy bacteria in meat and I haven't found anything to contradict them yet.

Aajonus says to eat less meat in the Summer.  Inuit live in almost chronic Winter.  Tibetans believe in eating red foods in Winter (meat) and white foods in Summer (koumiss-like preparations, yak butter).  Small time farmers everywhere know when the most natural part of the solar year is to milk, and when the most logical parts of the solar year are to slaughter. 

Meat is animals, it is life.  Humans do well on life foods in Winter.  Cream, fruit and salad cools.  Humans like refreshment in Summer.  In Summer the greens are growing everywhere giving oxygen more or less.  We don't need more in a natural environment.  In Winter all the leaves have dried up off the trees.  We need more oxygenation then it seems.

It's just yin and yang, the three four or five elements, depending on your country of origin.  The whole thing is about balance, IMHO.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 12:09:33 pm »
    Aajonus says to eat less meat in the Summer.  Inuit live in almost chronic Winter.
Even most traditional Inuit ate some plants (and therefore less meat) in the summer, so Aajonus is consistent with the Inuit there and he claimed in an interview that they were the ones who inspired him to eat raw meats and fish to begin with.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 01:38:19 pm »
Okay I know this one by AV makes sense so I will follow it but I really don't trust a lot of his health ideas.

William

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 12:18:49 am »
Even most traditional Inuit ate some plants (and therefore less meat) in the summer, so Aajonus is consistent with the Inuit there and he claimed in an interview that they were the ones who inspired him to eat raw meats and fish to begin with.

Those were Alaskan Inuit, who lived in a warm enough climate to have berries, but no root veggies.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 07:30:29 am »
Yah but thats just due to unavailability.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2010, 10:39:02 am »
Okay I know this one by AV makes sense so I will follow it but I really don't trust a lot of his health ideas.
Same here. His latest radio show directed me to some interesting studies re: the hygiene hypothesis, but he also mentioned some odd stuff I didn't take seriously.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 02:26:08 pm »
Its just that he barely ever has any evidence for the assumptions he makes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk