Author Topic: Raw Eating on Superhuman Radio Everyone should hear this  (Read 33295 times)

Offline Ouchburns

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Raw Eating on Superhuman Radio Everyone should hear this
« on: February 25, 2010, 05:08:03 am »
Hey Guys,

These are my friends Randy Roach, and Joshua Trentine (Pro Natural bodybuilder) Who use raw food for bodybuilding!

There are two shows to listen two, and they are quite amazing, you will be suprised at the results the Joshua has seen in as little as 5 months.

Click this link:

http://www.superhumanradio.com/core/shr_archive.htm

Select shows: #420 and then #440

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Tristan
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:07:16 am by Ouchburns »

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Eating on Superhuman Radio
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 06:18:49 am »
Wow, this was actually pretty good. When I see the word bodybuilder  I expect the worst. Even after endlessly reading the posts here on raw food its still very shocking to physically hear anyone else talking about eating raw foods. I feel so alone and its really nice to finally hear someone else doing it. Makes it seem real.

Offline Ouchburns

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:06:39 am »
Wow, this was actually pretty good. When I see the word bodybuilder  I expect the worst. Even after endlessly reading the posts here on raw food its still very shocking to physically hear anyone else talking about eating raw foods. I feel so alone and its really nice to finally hear someone else doing it. Makes it seem real.

Good stuff Paleo Donk! I know how you feel sometimes. We raw eaters are few and far between, just know that what your doing is right! Randy and Josh (the interviewees) are extremeley intelligent people. Randy is an exceptionally brilliant man, with a wealth of knowledge in nutrition and bodybuilding. He is actually a published author, his book is called muscle smoke and mirriors and catalogues the history of physical culture and nutrition. Some of the old time bodybuilders practiced eating raw meat and consuming massive amounts of raw dairy!

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:30:42 am »
I knew the name sounded familiar, I remember reading about the Muscle Smoke and Mirrors book, and the loved hearing about what the old-school guys did, I wish he talked about that more in the interviews.

some of the commercials are a hoot: the legal representation for preempting steroid prosecution. I give the host a lot of props to his integrity, as he's featuring and representing a lifestyle that goes counter to some of his advertisers. I think in the first one Randy had just mentioned something like "as long as its not frozen" and immediately after was an advert for Uswellness.com. although I guess in the second one I'm listening now he just mentioned they they will ship unfrozen, which I've never heard of and will look into.

I thought the more recent one was a bit awkward, but probably answered questions for people that haven't given alot of thought to how to eat raw.

Offline Ouchburns

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 10:13:58 pm »
I knew the name sounded familiar, I remember reading about the Muscle Smoke and Mirrors book, and the loved hearing about what the old-school guys did, I wish he talked about that more in the interviews.

some of the commercials are a hoot: the legal representation for preempting steroid prosecution. I give the host a lot of props to his integrity, as he's featuring and representing a lifestyle that goes counter to some of his advertisers. I think in the first one Randy had just mentioned something like "as long as its not frozen" and immediately after was an advert for Uswellness.com. although I guess in the second one I'm listening now he just mentioned they they will ship unfrozen, which I've never heard of and will look into.

I thought the more recent one was a bit awkward, but probably answered questions for people that haven't given alot of thought to how to eat raw.

Yes the commercials are terrible lol! KD, if you search through the archives there are more interviews with Randy about the book! Also if you are interested in buying the book I think that it is on Amazon are it can be purchased directly through authorhouse. If you want a good deal on it, I think Randy takes paypal and ships is USPS and marks it as a gift so you dont pay brokerage.

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Eating on Superhuman Radio Everyone should hear this
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 01:30:27 pm »
Nice! exactly the radio interview that got me started on Raw Diet

Offline letifer

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 04:53:58 am »
Anybody have the mp3 for the #420 show? Looks like the link is dead on the website (maybe we took it down? hehe)
Good things come to those who take the initiative.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 04:57:15 am »
    I think both 420 & 440 are down.

Wait, 440 is working now.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 07:27:35 pm »
Could a mod perhaps create a sticky thread for this and any other important preserved radio interviews(always assuming that they are kept for decades online, of course).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 12:58:23 am »
Could a mod perhaps create a sticky thread for this and any other important preserved radio interviews(always assuming that they are kept for decades online, of course).

I might be able to if someone moves it over to the primal diet section.

Edited 3 hours later-
Thank you whoever of you who moved it to my section.  As you can see, it is now a sticky. I devised how.    
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 03:53:54 am by reyyzl »
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline maxscan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 04:10:29 am »
Hi

Does anyone have show #420 as an mp3 file to download?

Their archive doesn't seem to be working past #430 any more - I've listened to #440 and there's some really good stuff in there, would like to listen to the first one...

Thanks in advance

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 08:10:26 am »
yeah I'm looking for the shows as well, they're no longer there :/

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 04:23:09 pm »
Thanks man.That was good.I didn't realize Randy ate that high of a percentage of raw.Also,it seems that Josh had consistent gains on raw wheras a lot of people on this forum seem to have a problem gaining weight.Why is that?Josh did seem to eat a lot of meals per day,7-8 meals,is that the trick? ???
Also,they didn't mention in the show as to how much fruit/veggies they eat other than green juice.Any additional info on that?
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 02:01:14 pm »
so is 440 and the rest of their old ones on this site http://www.podfeed.net/episodes.asp?p=22&id=5222&ct=1

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 04:11:06 pm »
Actually, only a few RVAFers overall claim to have a problem with not being able to gain weight. I wonder if this is more a question of self-image, rather than that such people are actually underweight, though.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 01:56:11 am »
Actually, only a few RVAFers overall claim to have a problem with not being able to gain weight. I wonder if this is more a question of self-image, rather than that such people are actually underweight, though.

I have a male friend who is romancing raw animal foods because of pre-existing severe illness.  He has gone almost all RAF and is only doing a little at the moment but picking up again.  I don't think he's gained any weight.  He's very thin.  I'll have to ask him.  I'm going to suggest to him to go more paleo for this and see what he says.

I wasn't sure where to put this, but it may be taken down soon, and another young man asked me to spread it.  It's a great video:

Interview with Dr. Aajonus Vonderplanitz on The Primal Diet - Raw Meat and Fats

http://superhumanradio.com/components/com_podcast/media/mp3s/SHR_Show_420.mp3

Show 420 is up

Thank you Sven, I'm listening to it again right now thanks to you.  SAD that it was down for a while.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 03:25:55 am »
I suggest Tyler go on video as the driving force behind the raw paleo diet movement.
Yo consciousness media!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 05:40:38 am »
I suggest Tyler go on video as the driving force behind the raw paleo diet movement.
Yo consciousness media!
I haven't the technology, having no video-camera etc., and I am also aware of my own limits. Charisma/"working" the crowd etc. is not one of my strengths, to put it mildly. On video, I, unfortunately, come across like a dull, absent-minded professor.Plus, I get stagefright during such occasions.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 10:25:08 pm »
Yo consciousness media!

We don't need a movement leader.  GCB's unfortunate legal problems and AV's conspiracy theories do not make us look sane or stable, as a movement.  In my opinion, it's somewhat dangerous to make one person our public face.  We risk alienating some people/groups.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 12:26:12 pm »
Wow.

After listening to that show I've come to realize the importance of fresh, un-frozen meat. The freezing process is similar to the pasteurization process accomplished through heating the food.

Although I've never eaten fresh meat I'm entirely inclined to pure my diet of frozen meat after hearing that radio interview. I'm convinced that the consumption of frozen meat is akin to eating meat that has been cooked. Dropping the temperature to freezing temperatures will partially destroy the benefits of raw, fresh meat.

Thank you for sharing that radio show!

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 10:26:23 pm »
I e-mailed Joshua Trentine to ask him if he continues to practice a raw food diet and how it has changed over time, this was his response:

"Hi Justin,
The Raw food Shows really ignited a stir, so much so that we decided to do low price point product to introduce people to this type of eating.

I've been eating exclusively raw now for just about 3years...and while I don't think it's for everyone, it is the single most important thing I've ever done for my health, bodybuilding and efficiency of practice.

http://rawfoodbuildsmuscle.com/the-rawmnivore/
 http://rawfoodbuildsmuscle.com/
Joshua Trentine

ps; I've included another raw food show to help you gather more info:

http://maximusmark.com/media/rawfoodsbuildmuscle.mp3"

Looks like he capitalized on the trend and started a consulting offshoot, too.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 09:07:50 am »
Tried to listen to these podcasts, only to find that they've both been deleted from the website. Probably don't deserve a sticky anymore.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 08:24:36 am »
These links worked for me:
http://www.superhumanradio.com/archive/85--440-raw-food-follow-up.html
http://www.superhumanradio.com/420-raw-food-as-effective-as-anabolic-steroids-in-building-muscle.html
[Warning: there are lots of ads, but you can skip through them, albeit awkwardly, if you choose the "download episode" link, which unfortunately is only available for episode #420.]

And in addition to...
http://rawfoodbuildsmuscle.com/the-rawmnivore/
http://rawfoodbuildsmuscle.com/

There's also...
Early Bird List for Raw Food Builds Muscle
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 03:15:14 am »
    I wasn't sure where to put this, but it may be taken down soon, and another young man asked me to spread it.  It's a great video:

Wow, great video. Thank RawZi!

Löwenherz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk