Author Topic: Merged DR discussions...  (Read 56119 times)

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: durianrider on youtube is a fag...
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 08:32:22 am »
hey djr 81 I did not mean that I hated the kid, just dont like the fact that he posts anti raw paleo and primal videos and gets away with it. Is there something wrong with that? And yeah, I know what your talking about with gossip as a typical destructive human behavior, but that was not my intent. I am a newbie to this website and wanted to raise awareness of anti paleo/ primal people. Had I searched this forum before my post, I would have seen that there are already numerous posts about him and would not have posted mine. I can see from your point of view that I am new to this website, so what do I know about the material? My intent must be to make friends with others to fill my emptiness and loneliness right? And the only way to do that is to gang up on others as a bully. Dont judge too quick, I am aware of the use of my unkind words towards durianrider and the immaturity with it, but how is calling me a troll any less mature. Just saying. My intent with this forum is only to learn more and more from others while simultaneously giving my own advice and testimonies to others. To help and be helped.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 09:05:31 am »
hey djr 81 I did not mean that I hated the kid, just dont like the fact that he posts anti raw paleo and primal videos and gets away with it. Is there something wrong with that? And yeah, I know what your talking about with gossip as a typical destructive human behavior, but that was not my intent. I am a newbie to this website and wanted to raise awareness of anti paleo/ primal people. Had I searched this forum before my post, I would have seen that there are already numerous posts about him and would not have posted mine. I can see from your point of view that I am new to this website, so what do I know about the material? My intent must be to make friends with others to fill my emptiness and loneliness right? And the only way to do that is to gang up on others as a bully. Dont judge too quick, I am aware of the use of my unkind words towards durianrider and the immaturity with it, but how is calling me a troll any less mature. Just saying. My intent with this forum is only to learn more and more from others while simultaneously giving my own advice and testimonies to others. To help and be helped.
Re-read it. I didn't call you a troll, I said the behavior could be construed as trollish.
I'm all for people coming here to learn and help us all further ourselves with their own anecdotal experiences. I just want you to know we do get our fair share of trolls and many follow a similar tact to this thread. That's all.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 09:17:15 am »
Oh ok I see now. Yeah usually that happens in forums, people try to gossip all of the time. My fault for misinterpreting you. most of us catch ourselves from time to time acting rude and like idiots, but at least we catch ourselves. Some people go through life never learning from their wrongdoings and bad behavior/ mistakes so they never build their character. It is those people I truly pity because they are truly blind. Thanks for the clarification.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- women's health member

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 05:34:20 pm »
LOL this guy is such a clown.  I can't hate him he makes me laugh too much

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 04:07:18 am »
I would like to send a mail to him with the attachment of my flying elbow landing directly on his solar plexus.

But hey, that's just me.  l)

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 08:54:38 am »
his purpose it to try to annoy non-vegans/entertain vegans...he is not a source of information. If you don't like it don't watch. Don't give attention to irrelevant things. He recently trolled this forum and got little response, so resorted to making that video about "raw paleo experience".

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 09:13:36 am »
I'm thinking this thread should be removed. The title is offensive and the content is a poison for forums. I remember when the guy was here and I argued back and forth a few times, but some people got so caught up with it, as if it matters what he says or thinks. His video is stupid, even without the makeup he wouldn't look good, he's too skinny and his facial structure looks weak.

Mostly I think that this thread makes the raw paleo community look about on his level, and I don't want to participate in that.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 09:36:02 am »
yea, delete or rename at the least

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: durianrider on youtube has holes in his food theory....
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 09:58:07 am »
OK, I renamed this thread.  Do you guys like it?

We really need to avoid calling people names. Former forum trolls, like DurianRider, are no different, OK?

Why? The guy isn't even worth discussing anything with, at least not at this point.  His theory doesn't even really deserve to be discussed here, because most of us are so far beyond him, in terms of dietary knowledge.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: durianrider on youtube is like...soooooooooo fab...
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 02:03:56 pm »
I was thinking.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Furion

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 02:55:44 am »
lol I actually like him... he makes me laugh.

I like how he teases David Wolfe's clothes for dressing up in those little "Robin Hood costumes."  And how he imitates Matt Monarch.  If you follow the different raw food guru's he pays out on just about all of them in a pretty funny way.  I laughed at his Aajonus video too.

I'll tell you what I like most about him though? He is an example of someone on a 80/10/10/fruitarian diet.  If it was not for all the fruitarians I would not know that it's not the diet for me and may have even tried them myself.  I look at them all and see they have barely any muscle mass at all so I am thankful for the example they provide.

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 05:40:34 am »
Maybe the admin could do that thing which makes it so that anytime DRs name is mentioned it shows #@%##. We don't need him here or anything he has to offer. He is spreading lies and disinformation about something that is deadly serious. He is discouraging people from consuming raw animal meat and making up lies how it has killed numerous of his 'housemates'. Like he would share a house with a raw carnivore. Many who are managing symptoms of disease are extremely desperate and fragile anyway and that advice is absolutely detrimental in their case because they will never try the one and only thing that could heal them, RAW MEAT. 

He posted pictures of what must be a crack addict with totally destroyed teeth and told everybody how it was caused by eating raw meat. We know from experience that this is complete bullshit. Also his videos about bloodtests are false. He had chronic b12 deficiency for years because of veganism and had to take b12 shots to stay functional. When confronted about this he made up some bullshit story how he can't absorb b12 from food because of drug abuse and past bulimia. Since when has fruit b12? Seriously this guy is one messed up individual.

A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 05:51:19 am »
Lol, I was wondering why he wasnt deficient. I bet hes anemic too. Either way, hes not getting any fat soluble vitamins which is huge; hows he gonna make hormones without em?

- women's health member

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 05:54:13 am »
Maybe the admin could do that thing which makes it so that anytime DRs name is mentioned it shows #@%##. We don't need him here or anything he has to offer. He is spreading lies and disinformation about something that is deadly serious. He is discouraging people from consuming raw animal meat and making up lies how it has killed numerous of his 'housemates'. Like he would share a house with a raw carnivore. Many who are managing symptoms of disease are extremely desperate and fragile anyway and that advice is absolutely detrimental in their case because they will never try the one and only thing that could heal them, RAW MEAT. 

He posted pictures of what must be a crack addict with totally destroyed teeth and told everybody how it was caused by eating raw meat. We know from experience that this is complete bullshit. Also his videos about bloodtests are false. He had chronic b12 deficiency for years because of veganism and had to take b12 shots to stay functional. When confronted about this he made up some bullshit story how he can't absorb b12 from food because of drug abuse and past bulimia. Since when has fruit b12? Seriously this guy is one messed up individual.

Its true his blood tests are bs.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 06:03:44 am »
I can't find videos where he claims deaths and disease from raw meat. OK if he's done that he's crossed a line, he's a strange guy, whatever.

But what I and other people said still stands...just leave it, a diet war isn't going to help anyone. The best way to help people discover raw paleo is to have a friendly forum where we talk about things in a rational and measured way and let them make their own mind up.

To be realistic, the vast majority of people will never convert to raw paleo despite health issues as their visceral dislike of the idea will prevent them looking at the arguments for it, and they'll rationalise eating other ways as better. To be honest, I found this forum looking for cooked paleo info and thought raw meat eaters were fringe nutters and I consider myself lucky that I got to see some of the intelligent posters on here, which led me to accept the idea.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:25:16 am by Josh »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 04:56:58 pm »
Well, most people I've talked to are too set in their ways to change their diet at all - some even willing to die rather than try a raw-meat diet, even when their own health-problems are obviously going to be fatal very soon. But once people start experimenting with diets, they tend to be more and more responsive to the notion of a raw, palaeolithic diet. As a result of my mentioning my diet in passing(not preaching) I've had acquaintances turning mainly to sushi for takeaways, aiming for 100% grassfed meats at farmers markets(albeit cooked), so that, at least, is a start.The kind of people we mainly get as new members tend to be those whose conditions were severe enough to disrupt their life so that they had to wander through most dietary combinations before coming upon raw, palaeolithic diets as a last resort.It is true that some other diets have been helpful for some people(eg:- cooked, palaeolithic diets a la Cordain have shown some mild improvements re certain auto-immune diseases, as, I'm sure, have similiar diets involving non-palaeo foods. But most such non-RPD diets can only help people in limited ways - I, on the other hand, have seen endless reports re curing of cancer or getting rid of the symptoms of Grave's disease(a genetic, inherited illness) etc. as regards raw-meat diets, which is a major incentive.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 09:14:00 pm »
how can he be any healthier or any unhealthier than someone eating a standard junk food diet ?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 02:09:40 am »
how can he be any healthier or any unhealthier than someone eating a standard junk food diet ?
Even a SAD diet provides nutrients that are completely missing on a raw vegan diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 06:10:00 am »

Durianrider can survive on vegan / fruitarian simply because he relocated to THAILAND, a country where they have the best and most abundant durian.
If you have eaten DURIAN, you will experience how delicious and nutritious that fruit is.
Take away durian and he will be forced to beg for raw meat.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Joanne Unleashed

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 09:48:11 pm »
I'm grateful to durianrider. I was doing the 80/10/10 diet and joined 30bananas. I made a comment about eating meat and was ganged up on by those folks.

It was durianrider who finally convinced me that I no longer wanted to be associated with those people, and I turned to the paleo diet. So I have him to thank that I'm back to eating meat.

Offline mark

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 02:21:28 pm »
Durianrider doesnt live in Thailand as I went to his latest talk in Byron Bay and asked him about it. He does visit Thailand each year though. He said that whilst durian is great, its too be eaten in season only as the fat content is too high to be a year round staple.

He is a funny cat but a bit out there I agree. He says that he trained with Lance Armstrong and Oscar Pereiro last year and learnt that they do b12 injections on a weekly basis so he decided to give it a go. I bet Durianrider is on some steroids or blood boosters cos his blood profiles look very suspicious for someone claiming to eat 'natural'. His high red blood cell count, low homocysteine, high testostorone and hemoglobin are suspicious and the fact he is racing Div 1 on his road bike in Australia proves he is on some sort of dope.

I dont think making vids about him will do anything as he seems to fuel his fire on drama that gets created about him. Have you seen the latest video he posted on youtube? He claims its his mate in North Queensland. Bull shit!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZzbREplf40&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZzbREplf40&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Anyway, i will keep watching his vids cos he does have a hot girlfriend and I like to watch her eat durian!! I just cant imagine how a scrawny vegan cyclist marathon runner gets a lusty chick like that. He must have a lot of money or a donger like a horse! Or maybe Freelee feels sorry for him..Yeah that sounds more like it..

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »

Hi Harley, welcome to our forum.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Merged DR discussions...
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 10:41:31 pm »
http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/what-would-i-look-like-on

He posted some pics (you'll have to scroll down below the manipulated one)... doesn't look that bad at all. I guess the amount of calories he eats do give him an edge over the stick-man vegans.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 02:32:27 am »
he looks great
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 04:35:44 am »
He's half raw paleo.

But he's missing raw meat so that's why he has to inject b12 to stay functional.

Does anyone know what's it like to eat 3000-8000cal from fruit every day?

I do. It's not fun trust me.

You stuff yourself until you feel like a preggo and a couple hours later you're hungry again.

I've been both 80/10/10 and Zero Carb Carnivore. The fruit diet doesn't even come close.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk