Author Topic: raw goats milk/ cheese okay ?  (Read 14822 times)

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
raw goats milk/ cheese okay ?
« on: March 22, 2010, 09:54:19 am »
i hear raw cow dairy is bad in the long run

but what about raw goat dairy

is there much difference between the two ?

also, in milk the deadly poison by robert cohen, what does he say about goat milk

also, will it cause body odor like cow dairy does ?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: raw goats milk/ cheese okay ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 06:08:17 pm »
Raw goat's dairy has less lactose in it than raw cow's dairy but it' still very unhealthy. It still has all the problems associated with dairy such as disruptive hormones in the milk, a too high calcium: magnesium ratio etc. Avoid like the plague.

My own experience showed that raw goat's dairy was not much different from raw cows' dairy giving me body odour, chronic fatigue etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:34:28 am »
so what will happen to me if I eat it

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 01:40:10 am »
so what will happen to me if I eat it

Dairy has so many different side-effects,many of them dependent on the state of il-helath and type of illness a person has, that it's meaningless to cite specific conditions. The most common side-effects are things like excess mucus in the nose, fatigue, hormonal imbalances but there are many more possible ones. But, overall, if one is already in poor health, then one is far more likely to be susceptible to non-rpd foods such as raw dairy due to existing magnesium-deficiencies or whatever, so it's wisest to just avoid it. Very , very few RVAFers, IMO judging from past reports, seem to thrive on huge amounts of raw dairy, with only a minority seeming to do OK on small amounts of it. Better to play safe and try some other source of raw fat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 01:43:08 am »
but , from an economic perspective

its better to milk a cow and get lots of butter/cheese/milk for many meals

than to kill the cow and only get one meal

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 01:44:28 am »
its the only food to eat raw though

maybe fish but its mostly contaminated

what are my choice

i dont like raw chicken, beef, raw cow, raw pig,

what else is there to pick from

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 01:53:11 am »
i agree eating dairy can pacify a person

I imagine a dairy eater as someone who just wants to sit in a chair all day by the fire stroking his cat watching TV

and the horrific body odor it gives

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 01:58:34 am »
Not even AV , who loves recommending raw dairy, pretends that raw dairy is best to eat instead of  raw meats - quite the opposite, he admits that raw meats are absolutely essential re repairing the body. Your best bet is to eat a wide variety of raw meats, find the 5-10% you initially like, start with those and gradually expand the range until in some months/years you're used to most raw meats re taste. Most take c.8-12 months to get used to the taste of raw meats, a few less or more than that. Read the relevant thread for newbies in the info for newbies section in the general discussions forum.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 02:17:55 am »
fuggles, i assure you, if you eat small quantities of cheese, it won't do you any harm at all if you are not allergic to milk.
but if you start consuming pounds of cheese that will likely give you some issues.

as far as consuming milk products in terms of economy, you are correct, it is more economical to have a cow produce tons of milk instead of killing the cow for meat.

but remember, cow milk is intended only for calves.  what's good for calves may not be so good for humans.  while cow's meat is good absolutely for all carnivores out there.

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 02:39:41 am »
im convinced now

im going to replace it with boiled sweet potato to ween me of cheese

is that a good idea

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 02:43:13 am »
i agree

i cant imagine eating dairy on a hot summers day

it just doesnt feel right

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 02:57:49 am »
ive had a runny nose all my life

you think its dairy ?

I lived on standard Uk diet as a child,

I particularly drank lots of hot chocolate, in particular ovaltine , which is basically white sugar and whey powder and aspartame, i must have damaged my body pretty bad, drank it 3 times a day for about 5 years.

Anyway, I gave it up about two years ago and i noticed my runny nose had decreased.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 03:21:08 am »
im convinced now

im going to replace it with boiled sweet potato

You're lucky eating potatoes doesn't blow you up.  It does me.

dairy eater as someone who just wants to sit in a chair all day by the fire stroking his cat watching TV

and the horrific body odor it gives

If it gave me odor like that, I'd quit eating it.  Just do it.  Don't imagine.

its the only food to eat raw though

maybe fish but its mostly contaminated

what are my choice

i dont like raw chicken, beef, raw cow, raw pig,

How are you a RPDer then?  You hunt all your meat?

kill the cow and only get one meal

You have a big appetite.  I could chop that cow up, make high meats of organs etc, drink the blood first, eat the liver, the fat, and entertain friends with food for a year.  I wouldn't eat any though.  Cows, as far as food, smell vile to me.

also, in milk the deadly poison by robert cohen, what does he say about goat milk

He tells people to replace all animal milk with soymilk to cure prostate cancer.  Who cares?  He's a neolithic vegan.  He sells the SoyToy(tm).
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 03:24:58 am »
I particularly drank lots of hot chocolate, in particular ovaltine , which is basically white sugar and whey powder and aspartame, i must have damaged my body pretty bad, drank it 3 times a day for about 5 years.

Anyway, I gave it up about two years ago and i noticed my runny nose had decreased.

I don't know.  I didn't go that route.  Sounds like you may be trying to decrease bad food, so that would be good.

i cant imagine eating dairy on a hot summers day

it just doesnt feel right

I always gave my ice cream away in Summer.  Pasterized ice cream sucks in Summer.  It makes you hot and sweaty.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 03:37:15 am »
even though jameth sheridan is a hardcore vegan,

he says the human body can only digest milk, any kind of it be it breast, human or cow or gat, until up to 3 years old

which i agree with

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 03:47:20 am »
is it just fatty food that makes you stink ??

sometimes, not always, coconut oil can make me smelly

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 04:16:35 am »
is it just fatty food that makes you stink ??

sometimes, not always, coconut oil can make me smelly

Some people are just smelly.  Raw grass grazed butter doesn't make me smelly.  Is it hard to get that in the UK?  How about Daniel Vitalis and raw bison?

gat, until up to 3 years old

which i agree with

Cat?  It would probably work well.  Have you experience with babies on different diets?  Or yourself?

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 05:12:29 am »
i meant goat

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 12:46:44 am »
on a serious note,

when I experimented with raw cow butter from high quality fed properly animals kept in good conditions, i definitely noticed my teeth stronger than ever , and I definitely noticed an increase in strength

the downside was i started experimenting with it in summer , and when I sweated it would stink

But that would mean everyone that weston price would visit would stink, because the most common argument from vegans is that meat/dairy eaters stink.

isnt body odor natural

William

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 03:01:23 am »
The stink is detox - it passes.

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 03:28:51 am »
Really ? ive never heard that theory before

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 06:06:31 pm »
on a serious note,

... vegans is that meat/dairy eaters stink.

isnt body odor natural

Malodorous odor is detox.  Hormonal aroma can be nice, now that I'm not vegan.  I didn't like it sometimes before.  Sometimes I'd feel ill by smelling it.  I'm still not into musk perfumes.  I never knew why so many people enjoy that.  My sense of smell is much keener than when cooked semi-paleo as a kid.

Actually, when I was vegan, some meat eaters smelled much better to me than some vegans smelled to me.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:12:12 pm by RawZi »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 06:37:48 pm »
I had rather bad body odour pre-RPD diet, necessitating frequent use of deodorants plus 2 baths/showers a day. Switching to an RPD diet made it far less noticeable. I'll admit though that my body-odour was a little less on my raw vegan diet.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:36:55 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Roxann

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 02:36:14 am »
I just tried Kerry Gold Grassfed Dubliners cheese for the first time. It is delicious!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 02:58:46 am »
For me, sheep dairy kicks the butt of both cow and goat dairy. Not surprising given that sheep were domesticated before both goats and cows http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestication . Also, fermented milk is supposed to be more digestible than unfermented.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:05:04 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk