Author Topic: Eye color change updates  (Read 27064 times)

Offline californiadreamin

• Forager
    • View Profile
Eye color change updates
« on: June 02, 2010, 08:33:40 am »
Hi everyone, I'm new to Paleo and was wondering about the effects of the diet on eye color change. I've already seen the past topics posted by members and I was wondering if there were any updates. Please explain if your eye color has changed more, or not at all. I'm also curious to know what color you had prior to the diet, what color you have now and how long it's taken you to see a change in color. I look forward to interesting responses. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Eye color change updates
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:17:42 pm »
This has been extensively discussed in the past. RVAFers do experience eye-colour change quite often. I, for example, have gotten light-green around the outer half of my irises with the inner part of the iris being a light brown still. In the past I used to have dark brown irises which became almost coal-black when I was at my worst re illnesses. The lightening of my irises is very slow, despite my having recovered from previous illnesses,  so I'm assuming that while health may play a factor it's not the sole re iris-lightening.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 04:50:48 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 04:35:12 am »
The possibility of eye color change is really interesting. From what i've heard i think it's due to the fact that more glutathione is being produced. Glutathione inhibits melanin. I have a friend who has been eating a raw paleo diet for four months and she has seen more change in her skin tone than anything else. She had a tan meditteranean skin tone but it's lightened since paleo, which i guess makes sense if melanin is being inhibited. Has anyone seen skin color change as well as eye color change ? I for one would be very very interested in eye color change. . . but not as enthusiastic about skin color change because I like the tanned appearence.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 05:31:19 am »
Well I do have paler skin than pre-rpd diet. My skin was slightly darker and more likely to be inflamed in several areas(ie red) in pre-rpd days.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 05:53:34 am »
I tan better now and it lasts longer than it used to.
I've got a lot of northern European heritage which used to result in bad sunburn whenever I spent a lot of time in direct sun. Now I burn a little and then it turns to a tan. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 07:18:00 am »
This is quite a coincidence. I was just about to post in my journal that the green in my eyes has spread a little further and the brown seems to have lightened a bit more. I started out with very brown eyes and now have a green rim on my irises that is sort of bleeding in towards the center at the same time that the brown is fading.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 11:54:53 am »
Paleophil, how long did it take to go from brown eyes to the color you have now ? Would you describe what you have now as hazel ?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 07:31:18 am »
It's been nearly a year now since I went VLC and started noticing the green. I wouldn't quite call them hazel yet.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 01:18:36 pm »
I came across a picture of me in my raw vegan days and my eyes were extremely brown, I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it. I can't see any noticeable brown right now, they're mainly green/turquoise-ish. They were green pre-vegetarianism. I thought this couldn't be coincidence, but I looked at some more pictures and found one from my raw vegan days where my eyes were extremely green but it was taken with flash. Guess it has to do with lightning for me.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 08:54:35 am »
I've always had light brown eyes, although I don't know about when I was a baby or just born, but my eyes are usually look darker brown from far away/poor lighting, but when closer and/or in good light you can see that they are lighter brown, sometimes creamish or gold coloured especially in the sun, that can sometimes look almost greenish or hazel in other lights, or at other times in different light I have noticed almost a reddish hue in the darker brown of it.  My mom and her whole side of the family is white, all blonde hair blue eyes and light skinned, whereas my dad's side is all colombian/south american, with darker skin/eyes and black hair.  I seem to have turned out quite dead in the middle, with brown hair, light brown/slightly hazel eyes, and medium skin that tans quickly and easily, but I've been pretty pale when I stay out of the sun for long periods of time. 

it could just be my imagination, but my eyes seem to have lightened just a tiny bit since I started eating mostly raw(though I haven't been for long), but their colour is best seen in the sunlight.  I have a few good pictures of my eye colour a couple years ago as well as one I took just a few months ago in the sun, before I ever even found out about this diet, and I think maybe I shall keep a record of my eye colour changes using pictures of them only taken in the sun (so that any colour change can't really be blamed too much on the lighting), if you guys are interested in seeing the results, and especially since I've only just started on this diet.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 09:50:56 am »
So what would an iridologist have to say about these shifts?
Cheers
Al

Offline vane2396

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 03:00:05 am »
I just wanted to know what types of food you have to eat when on this diet? If anyone can tell me.

Offline Bairdo25

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 03:07:35 am »
Raw Meat, Organs and Fat of grassfed animals read some of Lex Rookers articles for percentages. He mixes 15% organs and 85% meat to make up the meat part of his diet. While in total the meat makes up 35% of his calories while 65% of his calories are from fat. Remember though that fat is 9 grams a calorie while protein and carbs are 4

Offline vane2396

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 03:10:50 am »
This is quite a coincidence. I was just about to post in my journal that the green in my eyes has spread a little further and the brown seems to have lightened a bit more. I started out with very brown eyes and now have a green rim on my irises that is sort of bleeding in towards the center at the same time that the brown is fading.

By and chance do you know what you have to eat when on a rvaf diet? And does it include pasta foods?

Offline vane2396

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 03:11:45 am »

By any chance do you know what types of food you have to eat when on a rvaf diet? And if so does it include pasta?

Offline vane2396

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 03:14:23 am »
I tan better now and it lasts longer than it used to.
I've got a lot of northern European heritage which used to result in bad sunburn whenever I spent a lot of time in direct sun. Now I burn a little and then it turns to a tan. :)

I would like to know what kinds of food do you have to eat for your color eye to change color and if so does it involve pasta foods?

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 04:09:17 am »
I would like to know what kinds of food do you have to eat for your color eye to change color and if so does it involve pasta foods?

Yes eat lots of macaroni and noodles and your eyes will turn green - LOL

How would an iridologist explain my eye color then, it changes daily with my mood or depending on the weather etc, sometimes its light-hazel-greenish, sometimes light brown.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 05:19:51 am »
By and chance do you know what you have to eat when on a rvaf diet? And does it include pasta foods?
RVAF means raw vegetables and animal foods. It AVOIDS pasta and all grains.

See these links for more info:

http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

Multiple people who switched to raw Paleo or raw vegetarian diets report their eyes becoming lighter-colored (usually more green or blue) after the change.

Offline PaganAngel

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 11:53:45 am »

Whoa, very interesting!  I wonder if this phenomenon applies to Asian people as well?  I'd like to see my dark brown chinese eyes turn a shade lighter  :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 04:19:53 pm »
All I have heard is an unsubstantiated rumour online that nonwhites get amber-coloured eyes after going in for  RVAF diets. So far, though, the only ones reporting iris-colour changes have been Caucasians.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 10:20:14 am »
I'm actually tanning more easily as well. My skin, usually a consistent pale. Is now turning darker as I spend time in the sun.

I'm of cuban decent. Both my parents are pale, brown eyes, brown hair.

I was pretty pale, easily sun burned. Light brown eyes and a nice brown shade of hair in the sun.

My pupils are easily dilated. That started after a phychedlic mushroom experience at age 14.

Upon consuming the mushrooms (an eigth) and sitting alone in my room at night.

I felt this strong sense of belonging. Only to immediately feel unwelcomed. I immediately jumped to my bed and went to sleep.

I remember looking in the mirror puzzled, wondering what happened.

I became very antisocial, having been very social. Permiscuous as well. Only to start engaging in long term relationships.

Now, I'm feeling some what like my old self. Only with a lot more intellect.

I'm aware of problems in the U.S. And globally. I know the soution lies with people voicing their opinions (where possible).

Better technologies are a thing of NOW. Unfortunately big business is still against it. Good food also reduces business for doctors and pharma. So that too is a slow thing.

Most people don't care to heal, or even make good food choices.

In my "neck of the woods" it's fast food chains everywhere, with Whole Foods being viewed as something only for the wealthy.

It's tough making friends with a personality like mine. But the friends I do make are long term.

My version or raw paleo is quite awesome. Basketball being a favorite of mine pre-mushrooms. Now being something I do as a necessity. Along with sun bathing.

I feel better than before. I have yet to experience an eye or hair color change, but my skin is deffinitely getting darker.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 01:36:04 am »
I havent paid attention to my eye color but I have noticed my skin is lighter as well as more pink now. I also sunburn less easily and tan more easily.
-----------

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 05:49:25 am »
That does make some theoretical sense, as the thing that allegedly causes the eye color lightening is decreased melanin in the iris, so decreased melanin in the skin from raw Paleo also sounds plausible, though I haven't noticed others reporting that yet. Thanks for sharing your experience, Troll.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk