Author Topic: Parasites: Monsters Inside Me  (Read 11626 times)

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
Parasites: Monsters Inside Me
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:29:51 pm »
Some excerpts from a show on parasites:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_playlists&search_query=animal+planet+monsters&uni=1

There's a bunch of scary stuff like parasites eating lungs, brains, making a child blind in one eye.

The victims weren't RAFers of course... There is some mention of undercooked pork, but otherwise they got the critters even though they ate SAD and lived sanitary lives I guess.

An interesting point is that they repeatedly mention that the parasites live in their animal hosts without causing much harm while they are very harmful inside humans. One might wonder why that is so...

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Parasites: Monsters Inside Me
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 07:29:46 pm »
I don't want to watch it...don't really want to think about it. Noone in the community seems to have any problems so hopefully we're not any more likely than anyone else to get taken over by the body snatchers.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 01:35:46 pm »
i simply realize, raw paleo dieters don't freak out of parasites. i'd them before when i wasn't raw paleo. after having raw paleo, i don't even know if they're exist. 
bugs or country chickens

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 03:54:08 pm »
I believe that most of the raw paleos on this site are from 1st world countries, so their meat will have been carefully inspected, there are a lot of laws on hygiene etc. It might be that this is a reason why nobody is complaining about parasites. It would be interesting to hear from raw meat eaters in the 3rd world. On the other hand, AV might be right and raw meat actually protects from parasite damage.

Anyhow, not all parasites are the same and I definitely wouldn't want one of them to eat my organs or whatever. AV says they only eat degenerate tissue, but that doesn't seem to be the case really if they eat peoples brains and eyes.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 06:05:01 pm »
It would be interesting to hear from raw meat eaters in the 3rd world. ... AV says they only eat degenerate tissue, but that doesn't seem to be the case really if they eat peoples brains and eyes.

I can't say I've come in contact with every single parasite that might inhabit meat one gets to eat.  I have visited the third world, and while doing so I smelled meat that smelled so horrible that I thought the smell was a sewer and not meat, yet the people sitting down to eat acted like it was every day good fare.

I don't keep clean anymore though.  I mean, before .. I used to wash everything well very regularly and keep things separate.  I'm not careful in many ways as to what I eat now.  I don't really eat "regular" foods much.  Much of my meat is high-meat etc.  If and when I visit third world again, I WILL eat RAF there.  I won't eat the "sewer" smelling meat though  -v

Oh, they served cow brain, and THAT didn't smell bad.  It wasn't the same people though.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 07:30:20 pm »
I live in a 3rd world country.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 08:18:16 pm »
I live in a 3rd world country.

How about regulations? Is the meat you get inspected for parasites etc?

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 12:43:22 am »
I believe that most of the raw paleos on this site are from 1st world countries, so their meat will have been carefully inspected, there are a lot of laws on hygiene etc. It might be that this is a reason why nobody is complaining about parasites.  
That's not necessarily true.
I've got very good quality mutton, lamb, goat meat, beef, ducks, etc. from one guy, who do not use any vaccinations, any inspections for parasites, etc. The animals live in natural environtment -

He comes from Dagestan and is a Muslim.
That's one sheep that was killed for me and couple of my friends -

And in my opinion that kind of meat is very safe.  :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 07:31:11 am »
i simply realize, raw paleo dieters don't freak out of parasites. i'd them before when i wasn't raw paleo. after having raw paleo, i don't even know if they're exist.  
Well, based on Tyler's experience with tapeworms from horse meat, they sure do seem to exist, and I can't say I'd want to duplicate Tyler's experience, so I eat some ginger and wasabi now and then and keep other natural antiparasiticals/antibacterials on hand.

This happened in the good ol' USA. Luckily, crayfish aren't sold around my area anyway:

Dangerous Lung Worms Found in People Who Eat Raw Crayfish
ScienceDaily (May 26, 2010)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100525171319.htm

"Some of the patients had been in and out of the hospital for months as physicians tried to diagnose their mysterious illness and treat their symptoms, which also included a buildup of fluid around the lungs and around the heart. One patient even had his gallbladder removed, to no avail."
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 02:09:53 pm »
I believe that most of the raw paleos on this site are from 1st world countries, so their meat will have been carefully inspected, there are a lot of laws on hygiene etc.

Plenty of laws, not enough officials to control everything. We have a consumer program here on tele that targerts people who swindle others or make noise whenever the draconian EU wants to overwrite our local laws on additives (we dont like them, they do like them). They have targeted so many super marked butchers and found stuff that turns stomaches. Brand, high deli price supermarkeds even.

When I have been traveling to poor nations, I have never gotten sick from eating meat. Most of the meat I eat is slaughtered on the spot. It is not like in our 1st world country laying for days in a fridge only to be repacked, and repacked to extend the last date for sales. Here is how a piece of meat goes through the store: It starts out as large cuts. Roasts eg. Then when the roast is past last legla day for sale. it is turned into steaks which when they are done are turned into meat pieces and spices steaks, which....ground beef etc.. its nasty. So just because we live in a place with money does not mean we get the good stuff. In fact, I find often that it is opposite. We eat old milking cows, unripened fruit and veggies with no nutrutional value. Hoooray for all my money. What I am getting at is that I would not use the fact that we live where we live as a carte blanche of trust in the supermarked butchers.

They do it because they get away with it. 95% of the time. So it pays to speculate in it. You are cought every so often which cost you so much, but you make more by cheating and paying the fine.

Never gotten infected though. But just yesterday I read how some poor bloke found a large infected boil in his ham roast. So much for checking.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 03:10:24 pm »
I need to make clear a couple of points:-

1) I only had 1 parasite-infestation after 9 years of RVAF diets. This shows that the issue is very rare, IMO, especially  given that I eat a lot of raw wild game as a percentage of my diet.

2) The only negative effect I got was a very temporary pain in the bladder which swiftly went away after  3 days. After that I experienced no negative symptoms as such. Tapeworms are known to be notoriously benign so I reckon even that painful episode right at the start was just  an aberration.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 04:29:57 pm »
Tyler's experience did make me think.

I'm not giving up raw paleo as the benefits are great and seems like most parasites aren't a big deal, but think we should change the stance from 'it's never an issue' to 'what could happen and how do we deal with it'....maybe we could share info here?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 03:54:12 pm »
There are plenty of anti-parasite drugs around, not to mention herbal remedies, so it`s an easily solved problem.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 04:16:42 pm »
we should change the stance from 'it's never an issue' to 'what could happen and how do we deal with it'....maybe we could share info here?

Wormwood tea, black walnut oil and freshly ground cloves or clove oil, taken for two weeks can clear and expunge all types of parasite infestations.
( heh given how Wormwood tea tastes, I don't think many critters can survive that...as a bonus it makes you high like absinthe  O0 )
Taking some apple cider vinegar with foods you're not sure of has preventative properties.
Eating fresh pineapple and pumpkin seeds, as well as fresh garlic, also hurts many parasites.
Also I heard most parasites like to feed on sugar and fat, so eating more fiber and protein (veggies and lean meats/muscle) while you have the infestation should help too.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 04:21:17 pm »
Wormwood tea, black walnut oil and freshly ground cloves or clove oil, taken for two weeks can clear and expunge all types of parasite infestations.
Including that cyst?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 04:31:56 pm »
Including that cyst?

ewww, that I don't know - something on this level looks like it may require surgical intervention  :o
but it is effective against a lot of parasites that people usually get...

Offline Waldpfad

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 09:56:44 am »
I'm from the country side of central europe and regularly eat garlic and parsley to naturally deworm. Garlic is a very effective dewormer, I load up on it every year during farmer's market sales.
If your meat is from a wild source, chances are it carries parasites...especially pastured hogs. Deep freeze it for 3 weeks before consuming it raw. It needs to be below a certain freezing temperature though, some parasites survive mild freezing.
But if in doubt, eat raw garlic.

Offline RAW12

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 03:14:58 am »
But, then one has to ask, could the parasites really be GOOD for us???
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=helminthic-therapy-mucus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk