Author Topic: Explain Instincto Diet Fully #2  (Read 118711 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Explain Instincto Diet Fully #2
« Reply #225 on: December 26, 2010, 01:22:49 am »
My vote is to keep the instincto forum clear of all this alphagruis like bashing.

Let's be consistent and keep on topic.

Any anti-instincto bashing, not welcome in the instincto forum, so post these bashings in hot topics.

Just being consistent with other sections such as the zero carbers shouldn't be bashing raw omnivore.

Just as anti-aajonus shouldn't be bashing in Primal diet.

-------------------

I have a personal vested interest in Instincto and I believe we have a lot to learn for the decades of experience of the French.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 26, 2010, 01:56:35 am »
Just being consistent with other sections

-------------------

I have a personal vested interest in Instincto and I believe we have a lot to learn for the decades of experience of the French.

That seems very confusing to me. The discussion deals both with the diets principles as well as the reach of instincto concepts into other forums. The very discussion of 'nature' vs 'healing' I think ultimately impacts much of what you are involved in which go against instincto hard-line policies. Honestly, this seems to be some kind of 'respect' or placation rather than a true understanding of the kind of issues being brought forward. The very reason I'm positing here, as aI already mentioned is the constant inappropriate dropping of instincto ideas into other forums of which primals, carnivores cannot equally get by with. Anyway, cristisms don't automatically equal bashing, and yet far worse bashing does take place in those settings you mention. The only one I have seen enforced is here and in regard to carnivore concepts in the omnivore threads. never in the primal or carnivore forums are people not aloud to criticize such things or bring up personal results and applicable (not ideas pulled from some singular concept of health) issues.

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/instinctoanopsology/explain-instincto-diet-fully-2/msg57461/#msg57461

I said this before but if someone can explain to me how these arn't legitimate points in discussion to concepts related to instincto. the first paragraph to me appears to bare the more 'aggressive' content, with overall nothing particularly defamatory or unfair to individuals or ideas other than pointing out that some information was misgiven on another thread. Quite frankly its very comprehensive to both issues with the diet, and with the proselytizing.  If people are able to express whatever ideas in the common forums without having to defend their ideology - there should be a location people can reference that is easy to find in that ideologies sub-forum. Just as people in Primal or Carnivore forums should be aloud to bring up issues which such, if they have a basis that isn't totally simplistic or equally dogmatic.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 26, 2010, 04:07:42 am »
I’m all in favor of discussion and criticisms. No point to have a forum if everyone agrees.

But attacks against persons, abuse and insults are unproductive and unwelcome. Critics should be formulated serenely, clearly, concisely and be based on verified facts, so that answers can be equally serene and constructive. Once the debate turns into insults, it becomes impossible to progress since one tend to focalize on it and thus forget the sensible criticism, if there is any.

You came into the debate with a whole flaming paragraph. Then you quoted some extracts from  "Manger vrai" Editions du Rocher (1990) translated by “a friend” and purposely chosen to show that I previously wrote something wrong. I wonder why you had recourse to that translator, the whole book being freely available online in English - something you can’t ignore since I posted several times the link to it.

The outrageous thing is that those taken out of context quotes were showing GCB as anti-meat consumption while in context, it’s the best debunking of the vegetarian ideology I've never seen!  

In your reply you state: “By that logic alone it becomes necessary to criticize others who eat meats (…)” as if we ever criticize anyone! People are free to eat what they want without being criticized. Criticizing an ideology is something else. The most hilarious is that I eat a lot of meat and other animal food, almost everyday and as do all the long term real instinctos I know including GCB himself.

I would answer to your questions and critics as I did in my answers to PaleoPhil (the last being still not even acknowledged by Phil. Did  you see it Phil?) but I can’t figure out what are exactly your points and your questions – except that you sought in very long and intricate diatribes to show that I’m trolling, wrong, dishonest and a liar.

Cheers
Francois
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 04:23:26 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 26, 2010, 07:20:57 am »
But attacks against persons, abuse and insults are unproductive and unwelcome. Critics should be formulated serenely, clearly, concisely and be based on verified facts, so that answers can be equally serene and constructive. Once the debate turns into insults, it becomes impossible to progress since one tend to focalize on it and thus forget the sensible criticism, if there is any.

fine, as usual you can argue to some avail that those points were taken out of context and place all your emphasis on that and still miss the point that you used the word 'never' as if to imply that it not possible that meat 'may' be a marginal thing in instincto practice. It was just a jumping off point that said indeed that you will make claims that do in fact dishonestly shape the flow of arguments to protect any smear of your guru or ideology. There was honestly nothing to get defensive about there. as those comments were correct no matter the translation, while your comment to Tyler did include falsity.

the focus on that instead of actually addressing the actual comments is so typical that it indeed leads to massive bickering over nothing of which I won't take all responsibility. You pretend often to not understand complex points, then often respond to the ones that somehow are clearly convenient and you can somehow wiggle out of in some other way. In turn bringing that up is also not slander.

Mentioning that you have in fact made comments on other forums regarding your beliefs not placed as opinions is another absolute fact on my part and this is not limited to the primal forum whatsoever. It unraveled into more such examples which you followed up with honestly more damning comments that you 'only mention that practices are neolithic' - implying there is no judgment or conclusion outside of such. The frustration lies in the very fact that I have to exert maximum effort to prove such things that are than tossed off similar to the the milk in the stomach thing. Admitting in afterthought is not the same as the reticence (endless mentioning of paleo containers and other huge speculation) expressed to defeat such a destructive notion to 'paleo' - which is another huge problem.  THis as with my other comments is what ties it similar to Hygine in needing to defend any possible leak or hole that will bring down such stiff ideas.

Since you often want to dismiss the single 'wins' on my part as inconsequential. if we want to lay this our to rest, I can literally comb every comment and yet this will surely be censored or removed at this point due to shear insanity on my part. I can say for certain that the above point about never criticizing others based on how they eat is sadly false again.

how many posts do you think I could come up with of the form 'but paleo man never did x' (implying peoples situations are so simplistic as if they only have to follow such black and white thinking) before my posting has some validity to be considered?

short of that. let me just say that as I just mentioned to tyler I believe the content of what I am saying is very important regarding a number issues that have nothing to do with you specifically. Clearly you have people who agree with this logic that everything raw and paleo is better than anything documented as bad and that any documentation of proving even paleo foods can also be bad is to be dismissed- so its not exactly like I am unfairly picking on you. Since instincto involves placing huge emphasis on what still amounts to unproven  concepts of how contemporary humans see reality, they are better suited in this forum as to anywhere else. If you then personally take issue with what I am saying or find it confusing. maybe you just should not respond or take it personally or feel like you have to be the sole defender every time someone runs the instincto philosophy through he mud - if that is indeed what I am doing and doing maliciously without reason. wouldn't that equally be another strategy to avoid argument?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 07:26:23 am by KD »

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 26, 2010, 07:22:42 am »

---
Since obviously I am not going to actually do the combing as mentioned, let me just make perhaps might be a final remark to your 'ex-wife' that my interest in physical prowess and athletic matters is only something I would use to criticize people for - again- if they are making absolute remarks on what diet is the best for all situations. In that same first thread I mention:

The reason hominids could get by without crunching nutrients is their environment and pre-existing health was absolutely dependent on a set environment arguably conducive to survival - even when those environments shifted - and not because their instinct choose the best foods from a variety of post-industrial settings requiring no effort, ability or strength immobilized by a modern pretension of a natural diet.

perhaps if we wish to move on to some specific topic, someone can address how it is possible for a type of activity confined by the habits of a contemporary setting can yield the proper feedback loop of desire for nutrition required in nature to acquire such eaten foods without tools. It seems like any arrangement to avoid this problem of relying on some tools and convenience over others is to discuss some equally debatable notion that early people just walked around through paradise collecting seashells and fruits and so forth, in contrast to almost all the current speculation that such early hominds in transition to homo sapiens scavenged mostly fat sources and lived far from oceans and abundance of other such things. That seems fairly singular and easy enough to understand to focus on.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2010, 08:28:14 am »
Sincerely guys.
Please stop polluting this thread.

This thread and this instincto section is for:
- genuine inquiries about how to practice instincto

This is not where you put your gripes, complaints or personal wrong vibrations about instincto. (take it to hot topics).

IS this clear enough?

Real people like me are very much interested in this decades old French version of the Raw Paleo Diet which actually pre-dates the terminology Raw Paleo Diet.

(Will exercise moderator powers along with Iguana from hereon after this thread reply.)
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2010, 08:37:07 am »

This thread and this instincto section is for:
- genuine inquiries about how to practice instincto

This is not where you put your gripes, complaints or personal wrong vibrations about instincto. (take it to hot topics).

IS this clear enough?

if you are now redefining what the thread is about, sure I can respect that from now on. I consider my last comment to be a genuine request for information about instincto in a constructive way as per originally specified, but indeed it is not a request on how I might personally follow instincto, So indeed I will bow out if that is what people want to agree upon at this point as the sole purpose of this thread - in comparison to the previous 25 pages of similar back and forth, sure. I genuinely appreciate the warning of future censorship.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 08:50:54 am by KD »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2010, 06:28:27 pm »
Quote from: KD on December 22, 2010, 12:31:41 PM
The reason hominids could get by without crunching nutrients is their environment and pre-existing health was absolutely dependent on a set environment arguably conducive to survival - even when those environments shifted - and not because their instinct choose the best foods from a variety of post-industrial settings requiring no effort, ability or strength immobilized by a modern pretension of a natural diet.

OK, fine: it looks like the same argument Alphagruis had been telling us all along. I will answer to that while the rest of your personal attacks and diatribes will be moved into another thread. Please wait, I got other tasks to do at the moment.

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 27, 2010, 01:31:57 am »
...I would answer to your questions and critics as I did in my answers to PaleoPhil (the last being still not even acknowledged by Phil. Did  you see it Phil?) ...
Yes, and I appreciate your answers, Iguana. I hope to respond soon and I beg you for patience when my responses are sometimes slow to come. I think you demonstrated in your responses that you tried to reply in a constructive, instructive and polite manner.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2010, 04:43:29 pm »
Ok, Phil, thank you.

Quote from: KD on December 22, 2010, 12:31:41 PM

That’s just a plain unproven and untested affirmation. A priori, it could be true or it could be wrong.

To know, experimentation has been needed. It’s precisely what GCB and collaborators have done since 1965. The tests carried out on hundreds of animals and by hundreds of people have permitted to define the conditions necessary to attain a good nutritional balance without any conventional, external dietary advices. That’s what has been called “instinctive nutrition” or “instinctotherapy”, or in short “instincto”.

Apparently, KD, you did not even read GCB’s book freely available in English on line, and moreover (as you like to contend) you have 0 experience about it.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2010, 05:08:32 pm »

(...) the rest of your personal attacks and diatribes will be moved into another thread. Please wait, I got other tasks to do at the moment.

I just had a look at the previous pages in view to do that, but as there are answers it would kind of spoil the whole discussion. I feel that the thread is readable as is, everyone being free to read only what is relevant, avoiding the task of reading the overflowing, lengthy and futile diatribes.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 31, 2010, 07:14:02 am »
... Since you questioned GCBs “positive remarks about fruits”, my point was meant to ask t if humans are carnivores and  shouldn’t eat fruits, how comes that we are attracted by fruits while carnivores like cats are not ?
Some carnivores are attracted by fruits, such as wolves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmuYTb6ynbg

Carnivores that eat a significant amount of fruits or other plant foods are called facultative carnivores, whereas big cats are obligate carnivores.

I was not trying to make a point that humans shouldn't eat fruits, rather just making an observation that GCB is doing more than just sharing his success story. His writings suggest that he is trying to persuade others. That doesn't mean that doing so is wrong, it's just an observation. I think that "promoting a diet" is accurate wording for this, but perhaps there is a better wording you might come up with?

PP: Since tropical fruits tend to be highly favored by the senses, do you think they must therefore be highly nutritious foods, perhaps the most nutritious, since your senses signal to you and other Instinctos to eat them plentifully?
Yes, I think so. They are sweet and not much acidic. Sweetness certainly means they contain a lot of sugars.
Do you think there is any extra nutrition in the tasty tropical fruits beyond more sugars and if so, do you know what it might be?

Iguana: Using our instinct to know whether we can eat something or not, what and how much to eat doesn’t exclude using our brain to select the shortest way to the bay where there are oysters or how to proceed to trap a deer.

But using our brain to select such or such foodstuff because we know it contains this or this nutrients and avoid another stuff because it’s supposed to contain antinutrients will interfere with our instinctive regulation and distort it.

PP: Do not some wild animals and Hunter Gatherers teach their young which foods to eat and which ones to not eat?

Iguana: Yes, they do. I recon that training is advantageous, time and energy is saved in searching for food and selecting it. Training and instinct work together without conflicting.
I was specifically referring to adult wild animals and HGs teaching their children to eat certain things and not to eat certain other things, not how to just save time or energy. In other words, wild animals and HGs do not appear to rely on senses alone in determining what to eat, so why should we? Are you saying that the instinctive regulation of these wild animals and HGs is distorted by not relying on their senses alone, even though they don't appear to suffer any serious negative effects from their choices in nature?

You’re welcome to ask me whatever you want, but I’m very far from having any kind of  ultimate and total knowledge! So, please don’t get irritated if I can’t answer to every point you raise. And if I try to answer, my answers may be flawed.
Thanks and no problem. I prefer honest errors to well executed cons by "experts". ;)

I don’t know. Most hominids must have had access to some kinds of fruits, but they were probably different than even the wild actual fruits.
Yes, different from the wild fruits of today, and perhaps more different from the cultivated fruits of today and perhaps the fruits available to early hominids in Stone Age Africa, Europe and Northern, Western and Central Asia were also different from the fruits of South Asia, both wild and cultivated?

I don’t know,  but your question applies even  more to the fruits of temperate areas (apples, pears, cherries, grapes, prunes, etc.) which are extremely unlikely to have existed in the Paleolithic era in a form closely alike to their actual form, and moreover in areas were our ancestors lived. It depend also to which ancestors we refer to and all this becomes highly hypothetical.
I was referring specifically to your and my ancestors. I'll use mine as an example. Odds are that none of my ancestors going back to the first hominin set foot in SE Asia, as the evidence indicates that the Stone Agers who populated that area branched off from others and didn't then go to Europe as did some other Asians. So there's no reason to believe that any of my direct ancestors ever ate a SE Asian fruit until the 20th century when tropical Asian fruits became commonly available around the globe, whereas they may have eaten some fruits of Europe and Northern/Western/Central Asia for tens of thousands of years.

You acknowledged that "Plants and animals are in constant evolution," so it's possible that my ancestors may have evolved some while living in Eurasia and eating the fruits of temperate, subarctic and/or Arctic regions. They certainly didn't perish for lack of SE Asian or South Asian fruits. Why should I be more adapted to fruits from a region that my direct ancestors never stepped foot in than an area that they lived in for at least tens of thousands of years? The only possible explanation I can think of is that the SE/South Asian fruits are more similar to African fruits that our ancestors ate, but I haven't seen any research or analysis of this yet. Shouldn't we investigate that before we make assumptions?

The more relevant tropical fruits for my ancestral history would appear to be African tropical fruits, yet they strangely rarely get discussed by Instinctos or Paleos, much less eaten. Why? If plants and animals are in constant evolution and evolution has some sort of role in dietary adaptation this would seem to be an interesting question, not one to be ignored or dismissed.  So much time is spent on fruits from an area that my ancestors and those of most Europeans likely never set foot in and so little on the fruits that they actually ate and the descendents of those fruits. The emphasis seems imbalanced. I think part of the reason is that African fruits are not widely sold outside of Africa, but since some Instinctos order durian fruits via phone or Internet, this doesn't appear to be a complete obstacle.

Anyway,  most fruits contain a lot of common substances such as acids, sugars, vitamins and so on. Therefore an adaptation to various species of fruits is likely to be not so difficult, not as difficult as to entirely new classes of food such as cooked stuff, cereals and dairy.
Agreed.

The common elements among the most favored fruits selected by the senses appear to be sweetness (ex: durian, banana, mango, grapes, persimmons, dried dates) and fattyness (ex: durian, avocado, coconut). Are there any other common elements that you've noticed?

No, I don’t think they relied on their senses alone. Yes, I think there’s transmission of knowledge between the generations. This has already been talked about above :  “training is advantageous, time and energy is saved in searching for food and selecting it. Training and instinct work together without conflicting”.
Perhpas we agree on this. I think the training also applies in selecting which foods to eat--even back in Paleo days--not just where to aquire them and in what ways. It seemed before that you disagree with me on this, but perhaps not?

It’s very probably more difficult today for we have certainly lost a good part of our smell sensibility and today’s foodstuff have evolved  very rapidly. We also have to use our brain not only to find the easiest way to get food, but also to find the wildest foodstuff and the less artificially transformed.
Yes, things have become incredibly complicated by human intervention. This is partly why there is so much disagreement among Paleos. I think personal experience also plays an important role in figuring out what to eat.

You have mentioned cultivated fruit being an issue today. Does this mean we should prefer fruits that are closer to their wild origin and artificially restrict consumption of cultivated fruits?

Yes, sure, I think so. This applies for meats as well.
OK, looks like we agree here too. I think the dismissing of potential benefits of pastured meats vs. feedlot meats by some ZCers relies too much on unproven assumptions and puts too much faith in human intervention and human understanding of the complexities of nature.

Yes, the wildest as possible. Training is also crucial.
That's commendable. It sounds like his view on this is more subtle than his prominent critics portray. 

PP: In my case, my senses have guided me in harmful directions at times. Could this mean that tropical fruits and honey were not plentiful year round in the habitats of my ancestors?

Iguana: We’ve had a whole lot of various ancestors…
It seems like you're avoiding answering my question directly. We don't have the answers to this one but it's curious that both Instinctos and Paleos have put so little effort into finding out. It's as if we're afraid we'll learn that our beloved sweet fruits are not as ancestral as we assume, so we don't investigate. I'm not trying to say that just because our ancestors didn't eat something makes it poison or anything ridiculous like that--just that it would be interesting to know how well the actual facts line up with many people's assumptions. A matter to possibly consider, not a final proof of anything.

You say below you don’t believe in detox reactions, but I don’t have any other explanation to offer, unless the fruits you ate had been irradiated or immerged in a fluid at 55° C, a mandatory procedure to import fruits in US, I think. It’s very difficult as well to find real raw, unheated  honey from bees not feed with industrial saccharose.
Detox holds little meaning any more so I'm not sure what there is to believe or disbelieve. It's a vague catch-all word frequently used to explain away unpleasant realities.

I tend to eat organic fruits raised at local small farms and some organic fruits from FL and California. Basically the best fruits that are available. If they are of poor quality there's nothing better to choose from that I've found. I'm not particularly interested in personally ordering fruits from foreign nations.

There’s a theoretical model of detoxination, nothing magical about it.

When our body receives the proper raw food it should have received  from the start but never got before, these food must be digested first, and then the nutrients molecules must be transported to the cells by the blood and lymph. This process takes a few hours. When the cells receive those undamaged, proper molecules, they are supposed (according to the model) to proceed to some exchanges, expelling  a number of doubtful molecules they were constrained to use because there was nothing better at hand. These molecules more or less damaged by heat or other factors are put into the lymph and blood before being eliminated by the emunctories, some more hours latter.
I detoxination is a possible cause of negative symptoms from fruits, but I don't see a way to prove or disprove it scientifically. It would be more believable if it were at least falsifiable. Not sppearing to be so, it does smack of magic to me. Like Tyler reported with raw dairy and I have experienced with multiple foods, continuing to eat a food we are sensitive to doesn't always resolve the negative symptoms, and even if the apparent symptoms are resolved, we don't know what damage is occurring at the cellular level. So there don't appear to be any guarantees one way or another.

I do still eat some fruits, so I am hoping that I'll tolerate them better over time and if your theory is correct, then I should eventually thrive on them. What is the longest period this "detoxination" should take to finish?

Fradin was a MD who worked with GCB at Montramé. While working there, he promoted the “hypotoxic diet”, which was basicaly excluding grain and dairy but allowing cooked food.
Thanks, do you know what source Kirt was quoting from?

I put it in that metaphoric, caricature  way to mean that so called “instinctos”are not a standard type of persons. They don’t belong to a monolithic sect and there are extremely different ones, eating very different things.
Sure, there are variations within all diets. I was just discussing the rough tendencies. I didn't mean to imply that all Instinctos eat exactly the same diet.

Some are great carnivores, some are vegetarians  (even if excluding a paleo food class for ideological reasons is anti-instincto; should those be labelled “instinctos”?)
Vegetarians? Do you know how they explain what's instinctive about a Neolithic invention of human beings like vegetarianism? 

I’ve never strictly believed  in the instincto theory as I avoid beliefs as much as I’m aware of. For me, it is a very new and interesting theory that I’ve been experimenting, but of course that’s an approximation, like every scientific theory.
OK, I noticed that Kirt liked this about you.

If I remember correctly, this answer  of mine to Kirt’s question means that for non toxic cooked food, he can go and read Jean-Louis Tu, because that guy has his own list of food that himself considers non-toxic, in total opposition to Burger’s ideas!
OK, thanks for explaining the hidden meaning.

Please, don’t aggress me if my answers are obtuse… I promise you I did my best!
Well done, thanks.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2010, 07:19:19 am »
Well, I recall one theory suggesting that Caucasians are ultimately descended from Asians in Siberia(Orientals, to be specific). That makes sense, in a way, as there are many Orientals of Northern heritage who have such pale skin it is basically white.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2010, 07:49:23 am »
Well, I recall one theory suggesting that Caucasians are ultimately descended from Asians in Siberia(Orientals, to be specific). That makes sense, in a way, as there are many Orientals of Northern heritage who have such pale skin it is basically white.
Yes, but the theory is that the Caucasians came from Northern, Central and/or Western Asia, not Southeast or even South Asia, which is why I was careful to specify the different regions of Asia in my post. I have seen no evidence or even a hypothesis of Europeans coming from Southeast Asia. If you have any, feel free to share it.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2010, 08:26:24 am »
Narrator: What is this?
Tyler looks at him, sprinkles the lye on the narrators hand and says:
Tyler: This is a chemical burn.

Narrator: OK. Give me some water!
Tyler: Listen to me. You can run water over your hand to make it worse, or, look at me.
Their eyes meet.
 Or you can use vinegar to neutralize the burn

---

Contemporary humans have demands that go beyond just following nature. When presented with a serious maze of problems, people need to reverse their own maze and every tool should be available to them.

Each individual is unique and thus should have their own unique individual nutrition - perhaps for some being independent of artificial programs is in a sense correct, but only to the degree that these are not based on false idealization of natural paradigms that are in themselves assumptions.

when it came to the high-meat discussion, all that matters is whether high-meat made in modern style preparations is safe and has nothing to do with aged meats or even coincidentally-rotten meats. If it can be 'proven' safe, it matters not at all what people in other periods did to prepare or enjoy meat. They are not us, they don't have the same history of modern foods and antiseptic internal and external environments due to antibiotics and the like, and as pointed out - the very state of bacteria internally will reflect ones taste for both rotten and even fresh raw foods even at times where those foods are beneficial to -yes- force.

While people can use what we know about paleolithic or traditional peoples to prove what were once safe human practices (like eating meat raw), The statement about a traditional or paleo peoples' habits in comparisons to our modern problems - like the chemical burn - has no bearing on all logic and awareness. Often more than modern chemicals shift us outside of natural paradigms requiring unique neutralization, in those cases we need a new solution, or new use for an old one, not just an old one.

The value of such a therapy or any therapy has literally NOTHING to do with anything in the past and has nothing to do with 'nutrition', nature, or desire, and therefore out of the domain of nature exclusively but in the complex area of tools for restoring health.

At the end of the day it is the unfortunate fact that often people have to force therapies and 'diets' that include everything from foods/ratios to specific man-made cleanses to overcome situations so that they can even (i)attempt a natural diet healthfully. People can debate this personally, but they can't deny the number of lives saved and turned around from doing such when simply eating 100% raw foods did not.  Often people can be swayed by such blanket uses of terms like 'artificial' or claims of 'ancestral' over what is necessary today and from this above truth - which is far more real when it comes to complex situations than anything speculative about the way nature works.

The first step to health is indeed removing as many unhealthful practices from one's life as comfortable, but not only are those choices subjective, merely replacing neolithic foods arbitrarily with any paleo foods can be disastrous.

Even through this is a 'paleo' website, even the 'less offensive' hard-line standpoints on cooked food, grain and dairy will always remain disputed issues regarding health on the individual level even if the overall offensive can seem apparent, and are not ingrained or proven as necessities to overcoming problems particularly when such things are still eaten in their raw or relatively undamaged state. It is again, just an incorrect statement that removing such foods will results in good health automatically, or that replacing any of these foods with any 100% raw paleo foods in any combination will so clearly yield good results.  Particularly if it is given such weight over other therapies and practices and 'diets'.

Many of the issues people are coming to from other types of diets deal equally with the over-consumption of various foods per their internal state as with the under-consumption of various nutrients and necessary macro-nutrients which can exist even eating 100% raw paleo food. If we are even able to assume ANYTHING non dairy or grain -like the varieties of fruits and vegetables that weren't even available in the paleolithic - are indeed more paleo than for example pure fats and such form dairy which has always existed in at least some quantity. Again the point isn't whether on can prove these particulars are healthful or not or argue about such here, just the fact that there is discussion to be had about which things are more natural when talking about a shifted landscape and requirements.

The reason this is true, and everyone cannot submit to even such basic characterizations of a natural diet (and discounting the other 'structural' criticism towards the efficacy or superiority of Instincto in ALL aspects of health amongst other 'pure' raw paleo diets is never actually answered) is that most people coming to this forum are not in perfect health and wide open to endless poor reactions even from natural foods with their system which will not necessarily - again - be corrected just following nature or even protocols to reset the balance of natural desire.

These reactions are results from being impacted by states of bacteria/fungus and other internal debris which can then stir around and mix with the bio-active foods creating chaos - that can be avoided (or more likely buried for problems later) even sticking to a SWD diet! Food in is not health-out. Various known foods and abundances of macro nutrients can make this process worse and turn things to shit internally. On the positive, the opposite is also true in that control over the food that feeds internal problems can buffer these situations and have been anecdotally and scientifically proven to both starve out various issues and replace them with healthy tissues.

The reason I can use 'distorted' and 'dangerous' to apply to Instincto and place perhaps a double standard on artificial programs that might indeed be 100% wrong is entirely due to the above paradox, that eating healthy food does more than increase nutrition (if able to be even processed) but triggers all kinds of complex process in the body to the point where the results itself may problematic if not unhealthy leaving people clueless after following such a natural and pure direction that dismisses the therapeutic value of other practices and even types of food or process.

So just stating the idea as a fact - that people just need to avoid neolithic agents - is again simplistic because people giving up such things can end up in no better but worse situations and by 'not following' tactics per their own health needs based on natural pretensions. Often these protocols that are needed do not even exist in nature because true nature does not need them in irrelevant. Nature only has so many solutions for storing and removing -natural- poisons, and largely the systems of creation were designed to store and eliminate only natural poisons effectively by states of fasting (rest/sleep) and the like. Even if someone is driven to some harmful diet or cleanse or whatever based on 'the artificial', this is not as harmful as the idea that following nature trumps such interventions, even in nutritional things (not just for the very ill). Many of these systems to not work on their own (as even one could argue they should), and need particular fuels in themselves then to basic dietary needs.

Anything that takes the form, "paleo man did or did not do x", one should just dismiss outright at having no relevance as it has very little bearing on contemporary reversal of health issues, and better yet should never be claimed. It certainly can be dismissed in any arguments revolving around processing (cooking, juicing etc..) or the consumption of water, freezing foods, salt and the like because again, even if singular arguments can prove almost conclusively to the harmful or 'unnatural'  nature of such things - there will always be individuals using these tools to augment their health over whatever 'all natural' and mediocre-in-comparison-to-our-ancestors' diet they are able to scrounge up in present situations. The odds of improving on the nutrition contained in a pure environment is unlikely, but there may be other types of foods we wouldn't even necessarily eat in nature that can be necessary for overcoming these gaps nutritionally, nevermind for healing. This goes for the idea of man as a carnivore or herbivore and yes omnivore.

Since foods today themselves are not the same and captive of pure nature, this rules out carte blanch dismissals of things like salt and even supplemental/fractured food sources, as well as praising fruits and even pure water and other things which may have indeed been consumed in the past but might cause problems in certain internal environments. This criticism applies equally to Aajonus as well as Instncto. The only thing that matters is whether someone can achieve a beneficial or negative result from a particular practice. Often times that lines up with our ancestors practices, but only remembering that they didn't have to do things above and beyond for health, just be.

The most pressing issue for people that are unwell should be how to make the best choices to backtrack through a unique situation, not to follow a auspicion of a perfect diet. This means people shouldn't be berated for choices which may turn out to be the most healthful for them based on a different way of looking at the world and their goals. As shocking as it seems, some people even on a measurable 'net health' level will do better with cooked 'toxic' starch than modern fruit, and not even necessarily because there is some imbalance that might be corrected in the long term with a perfect diet, just by the nature and trade offs of each and how they work metabolically. One doesn't have to go to extreme mono diets to show that blanket statements about good or bad re: 100% raw are not appropriate or accurate towards newbies OR longer term members.

Time and time again in this thread basic assumptions about the Instincto mechanism producing 'perfect' results of what is the most appropriate nutrition at all moments is overturned , including the dissection of basic mechanism, or  in way of how animals in nature actually behave in choosing or ignoring foods, and other such things. Even if these things are perhaps arguable from either side, these are legitimate criticisms against the absolute certainty of which instincto is presented outside its own sphere about how nature works and just following nature for health.

My characterizations of 'dangerous' have absolutely everything to do with my and others experiences on a variety of raw diets and people being in dangerous situations due to such thinking. This really is not dependent on the other issues raised about Instincto's validity as a diet fulfilling basic WHO minimums nutritionally or whatever, but due to all the above where the mindset itself is so harmful and dismissive of other types of thinking particular to the present reality. Artificiality and programs are not by default bad because they are artificial and are programs made my modern men. All WOE from fruitarian or Primal Diet, to sprout diets or Weston Price makes the same style remarks about bare minimums in regards to being 'free of disease' to rationalize their approaches based on their view of human need and have many seeming success stories. The problem as with instincto and Hygiene over all those 'quesitonable' WOEs is when it becomes disguised in ways that make it seemingly sensical that everyone find their unique path without artificial 'diets'- when in reality the initial variables and assumptions about reality are so skewed as to limit large areas of strategy for health and in disguising all other paths as not optimal when they can be quite necessary.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #240 on: December 31, 2010, 08:51:44 am »
A lot of useless verbiage! But it doesn't really address the fact that rawpalaeo notions, such as those derived from ancient rawpalaeo ancestors, have actually helped us far, far more than they have harmed us.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 31, 2010, 09:13:59 am »
don't even know how to respond to that, other then... yes I did. I addressed that even if people were once in perfect ideal health, that merely doing what we speculate they did (and impossible truly for a variety of listed reasons) while avoiding all other strategies based on assumptions of not being natural- is a harmful mindset, regardless of whether some of us can manipulate it into some arguable form of good health and avoid such harm. Pressed up against the results of other programs within a relatively similar 'paleo' frame, all one has to say is that this mindset blocks some or many possible strategies that are helpful in order for me to accurately label it harmful. Harm doesn't mean leading to outright demise, of which most people will bail out completely before accepting such, and bring themselves back to some kind of stasis likely on some entirely different and likely toxic-defined diet.

So I could agree ALL paleo practices are in themselves healthful without agreeing at all with what you are saying, and without conceding perhaps as before that my statement implicates more than one type of harmful tactic here, or that these epiphanies on what paleo folks did in health represent ALL solutions for modern health.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #242 on: December 31, 2010, 09:47:33 am »
The trouble is that ultimately, the ancient rawpalaeo practices will always win out. Wodgina gave a perfect example thereof in another thread,  whereby really desperate people with IBS etc. might try foecal transplants despite the fact that "high-meat" would have worked far better for them.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 31, 2010, 10:52:47 am »
firstly and lastly, what actually happened is wodg posted something which you dismissed as being irrelevant and less optimal precisely for the reason I am talking about. With no actual evidence or long term trials for that particular afflication, thus again generalizing it to all people. Again I don't even have to disagree that high-meat might be the better alternative, and it is just ultra ironic, considering that high meat is not even 'paleo' (processed and taken therapeutically and not simply aged or rotten) and was dismissed to all those who do find it in good taste -regardless of their need or conditions - as a health strategy again by the same kind of thinking

this isn't just about the extremely ill either or people who can't hack things as I can now wager you assume 100% of the time people make personal changes for health. It applies to all issues, choices, choice in 'diet' etc...

There is no way around it, saying that rawpaleo practices will always win out, is just a FALSE statement. Do we really need to go through all the examples and all the facets of food, health and ALL goals (fitness, weight gain etc..) to prove this definitively? Just skim the board without a 'this is not optimal perspective'' maybe just once and you might see something different for a change.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #244 on: December 31, 2010, 11:04:15 am »
You have already LIED about "high-meat" not being "palaeo". All evidence, given lack of fridges in palaeo times, indicates without doubt that "high-meat is incontrovertibly "palaeo".
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2010, 11:10:17 am »
lied? Taking high meat to cure disorders is a therapy. It was presented as incorrect to eat high meat that was not tasty as food - and not to be used as medicine, and was dismissed as a tool in that way. The ideology blocked a therapy based on its principles and is the reason for much of this. How can you not see that?  of course I believe it is paleo. I just used the same logic above to show how there can always be one other stricter definition of purity and following nature exactly. just because meat rotted however, doesn't mean they made it in jars in a particular method, which was again a huge complaint in that thread in comparison to Eskimos. I think maybe you should show some acknowledgment to this and above before you respond with some other thing which shows that you literally cannot prove the adamant stance on every single issue beyond its purview.

your statements are just getting worse and worse in my opinon and far beyond what even I expect of you at this point. I realize my post earlier was long, but I really don't believe honestly how anyone can disagree with the general message. its just a siimple fact that you can't pas judgment on things and frame everything so simplistically, particularly when you have people right on this forum continuously showing their opposite and positive results choosing alternatives after trying 100% their best efforts to just eat raw to solve their issues.

If you can show me evidence of below, let me know, prior to that i'll have to just let you and mr. burns provide all the answers for every issue is basically to eat any 100% natural food you can buy with good currency and stop reading forums. Heck, that should probably even work better then reading forums telling one that.

There is no way around it, saying that rawpaleo practices will always win out, is just a FALSE statement. Do we really need to go through all the examples and all the facets of food, health and ALL goals (fitness, weight gain etc..) to prove this definitively? Just skim the board without a 'this is not optimal perspective'' maybe just once and you might see something different for a change.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:00:12 pm by KD »

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 31, 2010, 11:35:09 am »

Yes, we have some Russian friends that look very Asian...my parents friends are both very caucasian-european looking but their son I could swear is Chinese, really, he looks Chinese. If I examine my facial structure closely I can see many Asian features, and the yellowish pale skin which I have is a definite common trait. I don't even tan easily, but I don't get burned by the sun either (unless I purposely fry myself in it). I think many caucasians and asians are very close relatives.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2010, 03:39:27 pm »
Thanks Phil, it looks like we can have an interesting and dispassionate discussion. I’ll answer latter.

KD, I've read neither your extremely long post nor subsequent ones: I’ve got a lot of work and there are so many interesting things to read on the web that we have to make a choice. Perhaps someone having read it can make an abstract?

Cheers
François

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2010, 07:49:46 pm »
This issue of "high-meat" as therapy is a bit pointless. I mean , I suppose one could argue that animals which go out of their way to eat specific plants or aged rotting meats for medicinal reasons, but it's still natural. Granted, we store "high-meat" in fridges, hardly natural, but that is solely because we are squeamish about insects laying eggs on the meat which then would become live maggots, and because we don't want to stink out our homes or scare off SAD-eaters because of the smell. HGs just store the stuff outside.

Also, I am not, of course, against using non-dietary methods to heal. I have previously stated many times that a rawpalaeodiet can't cure everything. I just don't buy into the notion that other diets are as effective in the long-term.

*reread past long thread*

Granted, I have also heard of people recovering their fertility after consuming raw dairy and the like; but it is highly likely that they could have got the same or better results from just eating raw meats and especially raw organ-meats, instead.

There is indeed a big tendency among rawpalaeos to say that if something occurred in palaeo times, it should be practised in modern times too. I really don't see anything wrong with that. Of course, some things  that existed in palaeo times can't be reproduced nowadays - we can hardly hunt mammoths or the like, for example.We will have to agree to disagree re this, I guess.

As for the notion of instincts and Instincto being an infinite amount of combinations, I reckon wild animals provide an excellent example of beings following their natural instincts, and doing well therefrom. I accept , though, that modern humans are likely so severed from their natural instincts that they likely can't properly adopt the instinctive behaviour of wild animals properly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:40:34 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 01, 2011, 12:12:01 am »
is isn't pointless in regards to the other discussion as I'm not talking about how distant high meat is due to refrigeration which effects all meats. fresh refrigerated meats were not being criticized, high-meats were.

I asked you there point blank if you thought people that are ill should eat high meat even if it does not smell or taste good to them in their state of illness. This is a concrete issue which can affect a number of 100% raw paleo people reading and not some fantasy debate. You never answered even though you now pitch high meat as a therapy for people not even on a RPD diet (who might find raw meat repulsive) who have IBD over other therapies that you've never even tried or needed to. how can you not see the contradiction? Either high meat is valuable as a paleo diet therapy, just like 'low carb' or 'ZC 'is a valuable therapy within RPD or they are not PURELY because they are artificial by the same logic that nature and desire knows best. And not dependent at all on any measurable success over 'not following' them for these reasons. This is all there is to it and I know for certain that you don't disagree and do believe that such guided versions within paleo are necessary over just eating any 'paleo' food in any combination in all cases, even with mastery over instinct.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:21:50 am by KD »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk