Author Topic: The Wodg Journal  (Read 100031 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew's Journal
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 05:38:24 pm »
I also met up with a group of friends yesterday and everyone was drinking except me. Still had alot of fun, enjoyed the conversation and feeling great this morning. You don't need to drink to have a good time...trust me you...I hadn't had this much pleasure in a long time...alcohol NOT included! :)

I've heard of people being able to do that :)

I could of had just a good a time without beer of just had 'one' in my hand the whole time. Just got carried away with it the because I've turned down so many invites lately because of the no drinking zero carb thing and almost forgot how much I love house parties!  It's a tough one, all my friends drink and most drink alot.

I'm back on my meat and water now.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 07:37:37 am »
My cramps are still a problem especially since zero carb. Mainly when I'm sleeping (in my legs) back and neck in my feet and hands when I'm resting.
I have no idea why I'm getting these bad cramps.
I have been adding salt and Azomite for months now and also included magnesium & zinc for months also but stopped. I have been eating large amounts of liver in case it's an acetylcholine deficiency.

Started to train aerobically for the first time,  keeping my heart rate in the 146-161 BPM it was tough keeping to a low pace when all I wanted to do was go faster. I'm enjoying this more and recover perfectly fine. Chucked in a few weights too.Other than the cramps I feel strong, endurance is getting there very slowly. I'm using my dad's very expensive!!! MTB bike which is fun and I'm looking forward to summer.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:50:10 am by wodgina6722 »

Albert Camus

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 11:11:04 pm »
Try to stick to zero-carb without any "cheat" days, adding no supplements at all, not even salt. Wait a few weeks. I predict your cramps will go away.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 02:12:06 pm »
I'm back on my meat and water now.

Andrew,
When I tell people that I eat just meat and water the first thing they say (after they say I'm surely going to get sick and die), is that there is no way they could eat the same thing every day, day after day.  I wasn't sure I could do it either, but after several years of just meat and water, I look forward to every meal and I don't find the lack of variety a problem at all.  I've actually found that on the rare occasions when I do cheat, the forbidden treat is not as satifying as I thought it would be and I actually look forward to returning to my daily meat ration.

You've been doing the zero carb thing for a while now, and with this recent fling I wondered if you feel that eating only meat and water makes for an exceptionally dull existence, or was it easy to climb back on the meat wagon?

Lex

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 03:09:32 pm »
Andrew,
When I tell people that I eat just meat and water the first thing they say (after they say I'm surely going to get sick and die), is that there is no way they could eat the same thing every day, day after day.  I wasn't sure I could do it either, but after several years of just meat and water, I look forward to every meal and I don't find the lack of variety a problem at all.  I've actually found that on the rare occasions when I do cheat, the forbidden treat is not as satifying as I thought it would be and I actually look forward to returning to my daily meat ration.

You've been doing the zero carb thing for a while now, and with this recent fling I wondered if you feel that eating only meat and water makes for an exceptionally dull existence, or was it easy to climb back on the meat wagon?

Lex

In the last few years I've had many 'flings' due to my job/holidays and ALWAYS look forward to getting back to my meat mix diet.
I enjoy my meat mix I love the flavours especially after not eating for 24 hours. My brother also eats meat mix and likes the taste but has to make sure that he is REALLY hungry first so doesn't eat lunch or have snacks.

I was reading White Tigers blog and talking to my brother about meat/fat diet and whether a person can go back to 'normal' without more serious problems than before they started, is it once you start you can never go back sort of diet?!

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 03:26:11 pm »
Try to stick to zero-carb without any "cheat" days, adding no supplements at all, not even salt. Wait a few weeks. I predict your cramps will go away.

I think your right, I think the cramps will go away soon too.
This supplemental stuff has never ever done anything positive.

I've been heading in the meat/fat/water/no cheats direction for a while now.

Albert Camus

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 03:02:27 am »
I was reading White Tigers blog and talking to my brother about meat/fat diet and whether a person can go back to 'normal' without more serious problems than before they started, is it once you start you can never go back sort of diet?!

No clue on this one, however, I would guess that since it took several months for my body to adjust to an all meat diet, it would probably adjust back to a more carb rich diet over time as well.

lex

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 12:53:14 am »
Why go back to "normal" and "unhealthy"?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 02:19:36 pm »
I don't want to go back to normal but once you get healthy via raw paleo I think your body may reset itself and detox every time you eat crap. I think most peoples bodies are so full of toxins and due to the constant onslaught they stop detoxing because there would not be enough time in the day (maybe this is the reason why people eat 3-5 times a day and really struggle even missing one meal  the body starts to heal and part of this is the detox, eating more crap halts the detox)

I think this diet could possibly cause problems to some who only wants to do raw paleo for a short while to resolve minor health issues.

I love my diet will never go back. Now all I need is my own farm.

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 07:41:36 am »
I love my diet will never go back. Now all I need is my own farm.

Yes! When/if I get the capital to buy a plantation you're certainly invited. A true paleoland.

About going off the diet, do you notice any difference if you eat certain foods? Sometimes I'll eat something off my diet but stick to paleo foods or raw foods that aren't paleo but it's a slippery slope and sometimes I eat some real junk. I'm not sure I want to spend the rest of my life eating just raw paleo foods, but at the same time I don't want to go through a detox whenever I don't either.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 04:04:26 pm »
Yes! When/if I get the capital to buy a plantation you're certainly invited. A true paleoland.

About going off the diet, do you notice any difference if you eat certain foods? Sometimes I'll eat something off my diet but stick to paleo foods or raw foods that aren't paleo but it's a slippery slope and sometimes I eat some real junk. I'm not sure I want to spend the rest of my life eating just raw paleo foods, but at the same time I don't want to go through a detox whenever I don't either.

I've been looking at farms, I like the idea of growing my own food, It would be good to have a home in the city and my own farm producing food need $$$ but.

I was working a way last year a fair bit, I was still sorting out what worked raw paleo wise, I would bring a couple of days food and would run out.Then I would eat out. I would come home feeling like shite and dieing to get back into my raw paleo, it would take 1 to 2 days and I would feel better and would be back on the wagon. I hadn't really fell off though, more of a fling.

My thoughts - If I was healthy, not married and know what I know now about diets , I would make meat mix a large portion of my diet say 50-80% I would eat cooked food, drink, eat carbs,  so I can be social but get raw protein and fat too so I could have the best of both worlds. Eating by yourself all the time is pretty crap to be honest.

I think you can cheat and I would be careful about going 100% Raw Paleo for a long period,I think it may be dificult to cheat in the future and may be difficult to go back as your tolerance to rubbish food has been lost.

Hmmm

Albert Camus

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 04:45:34 pm »
I've been looking at farms, I like the idea of growing my own food, It would be good to have a home in the city and my own farm producing food need $$$ but.

I was working a way last year a fair bit, I was still sorting out what worked raw paleo wise, I would bring a couple of days food and would run out.Then I would eat out. I would come home feeling like shite and dieing to get back into my raw paleo, it would take 1 to 2 days and I would feel better and would be back on the wagon. I hadn't really fell off though, more of a fling.

My thoughts - If I was healthy, not married and know what I know now about diets , I would make meat mix a large portion of my diet say 50-80% I would eat cooked food, drink, eat carbs,  so I can be social but get raw protein and fat too so I could have the best of both worlds. Eating by yourself all the time is pretty crap to be honest.

I think you can cheat and I would be careful about going 100% Raw Paleo for a long period,I think it may be dificult to cheat in the future and may be difficult to go back as your tolerance to rubbish food has been lost.

Hmmm

I agree 100%.
I don't want to destroy my social life, so I try to limit the damage.

Bye bye

Luigi

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 08:47:11 am »
Only way to save your social life is to have friends who eat raw paleo. I let my nephew taste raw meat and a liitle bit of egg. He is two and gets fed crap otherwise.

Every time my mom eats sweets she says, ohhhhh you loved this stuff before!!!
She is over weight and has many health problems. She thinks blood pressure medicine and doctors will cure her.... l) I feel sorrry for her, but there is not much I can do.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 09:04:20 am »
No, there is not much you do. Even when family members are dieing and the doctor's are feeding them sugar water. It's a really tough one and something I still question myself over. I think it is not my place to say anything at all unless it's my immediate family.

You can always show yourself as a an example of health and when people ask just tell them what you do.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:17:56 am by wodgina6722 »

Albert Camus

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 05:50:38 pm »
Yes, but if I've found a way that is safer and healthier, I tell it to the people I love.
Then they are free to try, or keep on doing what they do.
Bye bye

Luigi

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 04:15:37 pm »
Andrew, I remember of read about a so called "meat mix".
Where can I find more infos about it ?
Bye bye

Luigi

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 07:31:12 pm »
Check out Lex's journal, he was the one who started it. He gives instructions for his recipe.

My current meat mix recipe is:

400-500 grams of 100% grass fed ground beef
100 grams of heart
150-200 grams of suet
1/4 tsp of Azomite
1/4 tsp of Sea salt (my next batch won't have salt in it, owing to cramping issues)
* I will add other organs meats as I get more adventurous.

I put this in a food processor and grind it up put it in a bag and freeze it it.
I currently make up a batch the fortnight ahead.

I love having all my meals sorted for the fortnight ahead it works for me because it's less mess, I work weird hours and work away so it's handy having it in the freezer.
Andrew

PS I never get bored of eating this way, It maybe hard to believe but there's different flavours every time I eat it and I'm usually ravenous!

Albert Camus

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 09:18:33 pm »
Sound good !!
I'll check it out.

Can you buy suet alone ?
Or do you mean rendered suet ?

What's the purpose of Azomite ?

thanx
Bye bye

Luigi

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 01:39:12 pm »
Sound good !!
I'll check it out.

Can you buy suet alone ?
Or do you mean rendered suet ?

What's the purpose of Azomite ?

thanx

I get an order which contains is all the organs as well as suet.

It's raw suet, most people on here refer to rendered suet as tallow.

Azomite contains minerals and trace minerals, I added it originally to help my cramps. It didn't do anything I may remove it it to see if there's any difference.

Good luck, it's handy to have some prepared meals in the freezer in case your too busy or tired to make dinner.

I'm also drying meat at the moment for pemmican using Lex's jerky maker design. I'm going to Queensland next month for work and need a source of food which doesn't need refrigeration and can handle high humidity. It's looking good so far!

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 06:54:57 am »
My all meat is going really well. I definitely enjoy sticking to it. I've been eating pemmican as well so not all raw but it's the only way to avoid eating crap when I'm away from home. I like pemmican but I do get thirstier.

Ive cut out salt out of my meat mix (got rid of magnesium a while ago too). Cramps are getting better every day.

Were also going through a really bad hay fever season here which I always dread, everyone else seems o be suffering besides me which is great. Last year, for this time of the season I was dosed up on hay fever meds.

Trainings going well and have joined a running club, which has taught me a lot! I never knew how much more I can get out of my body. Been doing interval training...beach sprints etc. Eating raw has really helped with the springyness in my legs which I notice when sprinting. I'm one of the faster guys.

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2008, 09:20:51 am »
I've been changing things lately. I thought I would add some thoughts.

It's becoming clearer to me that 'diets' can be an obsession created when people are not dealing with some sort of trauma, whether it's a passing of a loved one, stress, doing a job they hate, not fulfilling a dream, following someone elses dream or even procrastination.

When I'm upset I tend to not deal with the problem and it comes out in physical symptoms like cramps/panic/candida/fatigue/obsessing/allergies etc . These symptoms get so bad they totally distract me from dealing with a problem. The symptoms do their job...
I'll swear to god that my issues are health related so as to not clean my house/avoid breaking down over someone passing away or avoid confrontation.

I'll do anything I can instead of actually dealing with what ever's troubling me.

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2008, 02:10:41 pm »
I'll do anything I can instead of actually dealing with what ever's troubling me.

???? My engineering logic tells me if something is troubling me I'd better fix that problem because it remains a problem.  Unless one of the choices is do this... do that... or do nothing / ignore.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2008, 04:47:55 am »
I've been changing things lately. I thought I would add some thoughts.

It's becoming clearer to me that 'diets' can be an obsession created when people are not dealing with some sort of trauma, whether it's a passing of a loved one, stress, doing a job they hate, not fulfilling a dream, following someone elses dream or even procrastination.

When I'm upset I tend to not deal with the problem and it comes out in physical symptoms like cramps/panic/candida/fatigue/obsessing/allergies etc . These symptoms get so bad they totally distract me from dealing with a problem. The symptoms do their job...
I'll swear to god that my issues are health related so as to not clean my house/avoid breaking down over someone passing away or avoid confrontation.

But what about (from "How many carbs do you need)

The winner is an international professional athlete did 14km in 75 minutes which goes to show how tough the course was.

Obsession? Healthy? Why not have a look at Charles forum (his blog and Charles running journal)

http://www.zerocarbage.com/

I like the Idea of being able to run this type of event

Why, do you think you will be any happier for it? Or healthier...(dealing with a problem?)

I felt terrible during the race and craved carbs about half way through. I recovered very badly and could not think for about 20 minutes after the event. My brain had zero energy.

So now it's "the diet" when your body doesn't do what you expect and see how others make life worth living...

What about alkaline ionized water; for lots of energy http://www.ionlife.info/

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2008, 07:57:11 pm »
A long while back, I too used to think that one's  "state of mind" was the sole or primary key to health. So, when I was in dire straits re dairy-allergies, chronic fatigue, I would go around smiling and trying to be cheerful Pollyanna-like. It may have cheered me up slightly, but it didn't do me a world of good as regards improving my health. Then, after I'd recovered on this RPD diet, I noticed something wonderful:- often, even when things were going wrong, I would feel dead-calm about the issue, and not agonise about the relevant crisis in any way, whereas, pre-RPD-diet, I would be constantly nervous and jumpy until the problem was sorted out.

I do agree that one's state of mind can influence one's health in  certain small ways, I just don't think it's all that powerful.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2008, 06:18:09 pm »
Nocola, I don't know if I misunderstood you post (maybe), but I think that if you don't understand/agree with one sportsman mentality, it doesn't mean it's all buillshit.

OR

It doesn't mean if I can't bear the event on zerocarb, than it's not worthy/healty/enjoyable.
Diet is a help for life, not a reason for life.
Bye bye

Luigi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk