Author Topic: Best Organs to eat outside of Liver and Heart?  (Read 8970 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Best Organs to eat outside of Liver and Heart?
« on: August 07, 2010, 11:46:02 pm »
I ordered some bison from North Star Bison and I wasn't sure which other organs I should add to my diet outside of the heart and liver. Outside of those 2 organs, they sell: tongue, kidneys, adrenals, pancreas, thymus, thyroid, and spleen. Should I try to incorporate all of these organs into my diet?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Best Organs to eat outside of Liver and Heart?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 12:40:21 am »
Absolutely.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 04:21:52 am »
The more variety the better.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:08:24 am »
I like tongue and kidneys.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:01:10 am »
I like tongue and kidneys.
I agree, tongue may not be an organ but it is great! Kidneys too! My top variety meats are tongue, eyeballs, heart, kidneys. Kidneys may be #1 for me. Not sure, I like all that I listed . I can eat them everyday.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 03:04:45 pm »
I agree, tongue may not be an organ but it is great!
The tongue is not an organ? o_O
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 03:57:22 pm »
The tongue is not an organ? o_O
    * a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function

google definition, i guess it is right?, they say skin is a organ too i think

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 03:59:32 pm »
Tongue:
The fleshy, movable, muscular organ, attached in most vertebrates to the floor of the mouth, that is the principal organ of taste, an aid in chewing and swallowing, and, in humans, an important organ of speech.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 06:26:56 pm »
Exactly, tongue is an organ just like kidneys/liver etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »
Question: Is tongue equally healthy for us like liver?

How will you classify the organs (healthwise)

No. 1 : Liver
No. 2: Heart

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 06:25:13 pm »
Question: Is tongue equally healthy for us like liver?

How will you classify the organs (healthwise)

No. 1 : Liver
No. 2: Heart
Raw tongue has huge amounts  of raw fat in it which  is , imo, very healthy. It also has plenty of vitamins and minerals in it, like any other raw organ.

I do not think that raw organs are necessarily "better" than any other. However, in the past, when I had some trouble with my heart skipping beats etc.,  I used to eat a lot  of raw, organic 100% grassfed ox heart, which seemed to help, after all "like cures like".
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 08:10:58 pm »
I'm liking brain lately.

Or better yet just eat small tiny creatures so you get it all.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 11:55:13 pm »
Raw tongue has huge amounts  of raw fat in it which  is , imo, very healthy. It also has plenty of vitamins and minerals in it, like any other raw organ.

I do not think that raw organs are necessarily "better" than any other. However, in the past, when I had some trouble with my heart skipping beats etc.,  I used to eat a lot  of raw, organic 100% grassfed ox heart, which seemed to help, after all "like cures like".

Veal tongue tastes amazing to me, even if coming from low quality animals.

I find it funny how vegans often suggest eating things that look like an organ to help that organ. Like they'll say eat walnuts because they look like brains. It never dawns on them that they should try actual brains.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 01:36:42 am »
Don't know about your company but my local butchers don't sell adrenals. They do sell the whole kidney and I think the adrenals are still attached on top of them.

Thymus is my 2nd favorite organ meat after liver with testicles coming in 3rd, tripe and heart tied 4th and 5th, depending on what day it is and kidneys coming in last place. I never tried spleen. Doesn't appeal to me. Not sure if it is even an available butcher shop item. Seems like it would be. We only have chain stores locally and one small shop that can order some of the less common organ meats. None of the local butcher shops sell brains except that one which can only get them in 50 pound cases. Otherwise I would have given them a try.

One of the reasons I favor thymus is because only young animals have thymuses. By the time a human is 50 years old their thymus has shrunk down to less than 10% of it's maximum size. The same is true for cattle at a much younger age. Supposed to be the gland of youth. I ran out yesterday and have 10 pounds defrosting that I will slice as soon as it thaws out a little more and refreeze the slices in baggies to make smoothies out of. Next to my Ninja blender, my slicer is my most useful tool for processing meat. Did I just use the word processing? Does that mean sliced and blended meats are processed?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 04:02:29 am »
One of the reasons I favor thymus is because only young animals have thymuses. By the time a human is 50 years old their thymus has shrunk down to less than 10% of it's maximum size. The same is true for cattle at a much younger age. Supposed to be the gland of youth. I ran out yesterday and have 10 pounds defrosting that I will slice as soon as it thaws out a little more and refreeze the slices in baggies to make smoothies out of.

Thymus is often sold with the name sweetbread, or neck sweetbread (the other sweetbread type coming from around the heart). In Argentina, sweetbread (both types) are more expensive than any cut of beef/lamb, although it's always grilled or sauteed.

Next to my Ninja blender, my slicer is my most useful tool for processing meat. Did I just use the word processing? Does that mean sliced and blended meats are processed?

Technically, yes. But not all processing is equally detrimental.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 10:23:51 pm »
I guess even just killing an animal could be considered processing.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 10:29:57 pm »
I guess even just killing an animal could be considered processing.

It would depend on how it's done.

By the way, when I said lamb, I meant veal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk