Author Topic: Liver Pate: How to Make Raw Liver Pate for Maximum Nutrtition  (Read 31948 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Liver Pate: How to Make Raw Liver Pate for Maximum Nutrtition
« on: August 19, 2010, 01:59:23 pm »
Healthy fresh organic beef or better yet calf liver is one of those ultra high nutrition foods out there.  We are talking B12 vitamin content to the max over and above any muscle meat.  We are talking about anemia cure, cancer cure, malnutrition cures, you name it, raw calf liver is the tops.  The availability is low and the demand for calf liver is high.  But mature beef liver will do as well, just choose the bright red healthy looking livers… you have the power to choose, do not get brown muddy spent livers, yuck.

So why make liver pate?  Well, the modern urban human is just so far removed from his natural humanity he has forgotten how precious raw liver is and fails to appreciate a freshly killed animal’s liver.  His idea of liver pate comes from a can full of chemicals, preservatives and flavorings and is spread on junk food crackers or junk food bread.  So we make raw liver pate to somewhat simulate that texture and taste.

How to make raw liver pate.

Dice your raw organic liver.
Chop your red onion.
Put in blender.  Blend for a few seconds.
Put in bowl.
Add salt and pepper – optional.

Now wasn’t that quick and easy?  I give this to my children as vitamins.  My wife too.  B12 deficiencies begone!  Cancer, malnutrition, anemia?  These are the best vitamins baby… no store bought supplement can match this amount of power.

Gallery of pictures here http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/08/19/liver-pate-how-to-make-raw-liver-pate-for-maximum-nutrtition/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Liver Pate: How to Make Raw Liver Pate for Maximum Nutrtition
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 05:35:34 pm »
Well, yes, except the result would presumably be more liquid being raw, right? I wonder how they get the processed liver pate to be so solid in supermarkets etc.?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:22:33 pm »
Well, yes, except the result would presumably be more liquid being raw, right? I wonder how they get the processed liver pate to be so solid in supermarkets etc.?
They probably use thickening binders (flour, starch, etc.).
You could conceivably add raw marrow to the pate in the food processor though and put into the fridge once processed. This will keep it thicker like a commercial pate and will add a nice mouthfeel IMO.
I might have to make this for my wife and see how she likes it. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 11:36:13 pm »
Excellent idea GS!
raw liver is not my idea of tasty >: I would substitute the onion with say fat or something else, maybe some herbs. Onion is bad news for me.
Cheers
Al

alphagruis

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 02:20:16 am »

Traditional liver paté recipes in France usually mix eggs (no or very little starch from carrots for instance) into the GS's-like liver preparation which remains fairly liquid until it is... cooked.

It's cooking that converts the whole mix into a "solid" form, technically into a gel as precisely the liquid egg white when heated to 60-70°C because of protein denaturation

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 02:36:34 am »
I see, that does make sense as I now remember that the cooked liver I ate as a child was  very dry and solid.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MXV

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 04:23:55 am »
Wouldn't putting the liver in a blender damage it at a cellular level?  In juicing it's recommended to use masticating juicers that crush rather than cut the fruit/vegetable at high speed like a centrifugal juicer or blenders do .  Does this concept apply here?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 09:51:17 am »
Wouldn't putting the liver in a blender damage it at a cellular level?  In juicing it's recommended to use masticating juicers that crush rather than cut the fruit/vegetable at high speed like a centrifugal juicer or blenders do .  Does this concept apply here?
Theres a YouTube where a lady uses a masticating juice making raw beef liver spread.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 09:54:27 am »
They probably use thickening binders (flour, starch, etc.).
You could conceivably add raw marrow to the pate in the food processor though and put into the fridge once processed. This will keep it thicker like a commercial pate and will add a nice mouthfeel IMO.
I might have to make this for my wife and see how she likes it. :)
Better yet  a good amount of raw grassfed chopmeat. I like it better with a little cream than marrow.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

CitrusHigh

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 10:17:27 am »
dammit GS, that is what I'm talking about, thank you!

Offline mhikl

• Egg Thief
  • Know History, not just your folklore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 02:12:19 am »
Healthy fresh organic beef or better yet calf liver is one of those ultra high nutrition foods out there.  We are talking B12 vitamin content to the max over and above any muscle meat.  We are talking about anemia cure, cancer cure, malnutrition cures, you name it, raw calf liver is the tops.

When I asked a butcher for calve's liver he claimed it wasn't used anymore and suggested lamb's liver instead. Said it was milder and I found that to be true.

goodsamaritan, your bit on this subject has inspired me.

I have a blood disorder of sorts that no one has quite figured out. Since childhood cuts have always taken a long time to clot and stop bleeding. My red blood cells are immature and malformed. I am always borderline anaemic but not so much that any doctor has volunteered the fact- or some did and it didn't make an impression. I only found out when I was moving back to Alberta and an old time doctor printed out all my specs to give to my new doctor at which point he then mentioned the borderline anaemia. I think I had heard about the malformed cells years ago but being young I didn't think anything more about it. I have always eaten a good portion of red meat so iron shouldn't be a factor though my iron is low, as far as I can remember. I will have to check with my doctor next visit.

I suspect I have always been slightly lethargic or at least have low stamina but I believe I have always pushed myself to compensate. I always blamed it on smoking and my weight or lack of exercise. Changing all three has not improved my stamina. Now that I am classified as elderly, 61, I find it harder to make do on such low energy.

I wonder if my poor memory could be due to this problem, too.

I am gong to try to eat an ounce or two of raw liver a day for the next few weeks and then visit my doctor to see about blood tests again. At this point, half my daily calories are from raw beef tallow and meat  and I have just started to add raw celery juice and pulp and more greens will follow. By the end of the month I am hoping to be eating 100% raw. I do so enjoy it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I just noticed this is under culinary creations so it might not get the traction and support I may need.

Namaste,
mhikl
• When I find time to rewrite the laws of physics there will finally be some changes made round here.
• The stupid are cocksure; the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell
• However the dice be tossed, we are ultimately responsible for our own death, unless that preverbal piano hammers us on the head.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 02:57:29 am »
mh - sounds to me like you might have found the perfect post for you!

I think if I were you, since you have lived with this problem so long and you are enjoying raw so much, I would go all raw and then stay on it for a few months before trying more testing - giving your change in diet a real chance to do some healing for you. If you get tested too early you might get discouraged when it could have possibly worked if you just did it for a longer time. Healing with food tends to take longer but be a longer more solid solution. 

Thanks for bumping GS's suggestion because I just can't get myself to eat liver. Maybe if I try blending it with different seasonings I might be able to create something edible. It's worth a shot!

mh - you might want to experiment with eating blood too I would think if you can access any from grass-fed animals. If you bleed easily make sure you don't eat too many foods that can exacerbate that condition! Here's a link but there are many others that talk about foods and how they affect blood viscosity. http://www.livestrong.com/article/502684-foods-bleeding-disorders/

Please do post how eating the liver affects you! Anemia really can wipe you out and if you have been living with anemia all your life then you have been running on 3 cylinders. If liver can get you that 4 cylinder firing that would be wonderful. You can be our real-life test case for the liver pate treating anemia. Anemia can be caused by many things of course. Your particular cause sounds a bit unique - but again - worth a shot!

GOOD LUCK!

Offline mhikl

• Egg Thief
  • Know History, not just your folklore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 03:58:45 am »
Dorothy, you made my day! ;D
I'm a worrier but I am now going to roll my full raw diet up to Friday. I have a family outing this Thursday and then it's off to the races.

The only problem with raw is that I won't eat raw chicken. I don't particularly like chicken unless it is deep fried or in a curry and the bacteria is scary. I also don't eat pork anymore, except home made lard, since reading in W Price Foundation about red blood cells clumping together unless the pork has been soaked in a brine (forget term-curing?). All I am left with then is bovine, fish and eggs. But that was good enough for the Inuit, eh?

Thanks for the link. I know I am supposed to get vitamin K. I try to eat a lot of spinach. I love garden kale but store bought is like eating grass. It's been close to an hour since I ate the pate and I can't believe how good I feel. Might just be exuberance, or that I hadn't had breakfast or lunch yet.

I just had my first liver pate. It was very liquify so I must work on that. Fortunately, two professional chefs share this domain so I will get some pointers from them. But, it was scrumptious, regardless the texture, I broke out in song and the dogs joined me.
- the raw liver was frozen lamb. 46g
- raw beef marrow, from frozen bones 23g
(For the mathematicians out there, the weights were just what I pulled from the freezer) Everything is raw save for god-knows-how they make the sauces.
- a tiny clot of oyster sauce <1/8 tsp
- a tiny amount of fish sauce (for salt) <1/8 tsp (can't have soya sauce because of wheat)
- 1 red shallot- small
- 1/2 pip garlic (nb: should be smashed prior to being ground. Chopping doesn't do it.)
- end of tsp chill garlic sauce
- one favoured prayer "Please Don't Be Awful"

As I said, it was very liquidee. Next time I will just try the oyster sauce, sea salt, pepper (or powered chilli), shallot (maybe dried ones) and whole pip garlic smashed (maybe powdered). Maybe I should slice the liver very thin and lay it out on a cotton cloth to soak out some moisture?

I'm also thinking of whipping an egg yolk to see if it will stiffen- I don't think yolks do. (Maybe whipping too long in the coffee grinder is the problem?) Possibly if I let it rest in the fridge for ten minutes, it might set. Maybe frozen liver is less firm- but what choice do  I have if I want to eat it daily.

I am sold on this puppy. It was ambrosia. I may add a sprinkle of vitamin C power as I find I like a little tart every now and then. Maybe I could add some of the thick gelatine I render from from bone broth. Maybe the vitamin C will help preserve it and I could make this pate in batches . Will also do a google search to see how it is made.

Good idea not being in hurry mode for checkup as suggested, Dorothy.

Namaste,
Mhikl
• When I find time to rewrite the laws of physics there will finally be some changes made round here.
• The stupid are cocksure; the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell
• However the dice be tossed, we are ultimately responsible for our own death, unless that preverbal piano hammers us on the head.

Offline DopeDivinity

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 03:07:04 pm »
I am going to try this with the Lamb Liver I have in the fridge. I am going to use RawZi's suggestion and do it with my Greenstar Juicer!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 10:58:48 am »
Michael - I don't eat chicken or pork either.

I find that duck eggs whip up and stiffen better than chicken eggs if you have the option.

Thanks so much for the detailed recipe!

Offline l0rdcha0s

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 11:04:53 am »
Made this the first time today. Came out great. I feel I might have used a little too much onion. Mine also weren't red, maybe that makes a difference. Any other spices you can use besides just salt and pepper? I've seen some sights with garlic and nutmeg.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 02:25:19 pm »
try hanging it in the fridge for at least a week, then put through a meat grinder with small sieve (holes) along with back fat, or eat with shaved coconut oil that has hardened due to temp. being below 70 or so.   

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 01:30:25 pm »
van, good point about drying the liver out some, before trying to work with it...  this is a bit i'd love to try!
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

moringa82

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 09:53:10 pm »
is beef liver the most nutritious?

what do you guys think about how much liver(beef or chicken etc) can be consumed?

i read 1 oz 2- 3 times per week... or 1 oz 5- 6 times per week...

what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:44:36 pm by moringa82 »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 10:57:42 pm »
There is only a possibility of toxicity if you eat the raw livers of arctic animals. Otherwise, if you eat too many  raw livers from other animals,  you will likely experience a bit of diarrhea. That is what happened with me. I used to eat only raw liver every alternate week, after some months,m my body refused to absorb any nutrients from raw liver and it just came out the other end rather fast.
" Ron Paul.

moringa82

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 11:45:56 pm »
There is only a possibility of toxicity if you eat the raw livers of arctic animals. Otherwise, if you eat too many  raw livers from other animals,  you will likely experience a bit of diarrhea. That is what happened with me. I used to eat only raw liver every alternate week, after some months,m my body refused to absorb any nutrients from raw liver and it just came out the other end rather fast.

so just eat how much one wants and how often one wants? from which animal is the most nutritious?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2014, 12:59:37 am »
so just eat how much one wants and how often one wants? from which animal is the most nutritious?
Yes, though I have no idea what animal provides the most nutrients.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 02:10:41 am »
When it hangs in the fridge,, it becomes a little tart, not much.  That's when I really like it.  Probably the carbs converting into lactic acid, or something happening with the carbs..   Lately I find I really enjoy and use it well by adding an ounce or so with another larger meat portion.  I don't get the loose effect in the stools and I seam to do quite good off of it by continuously eating small amounts. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 04:54:38 am »
I have read that chicken liver is less nutritious than beef, lamb, or bison liver, and I think that was in terms of vitamin A content. I like lamb liver best, partly because I can get whole lamb liver. I eat about 1/2 pound every week. Beef and bison are sold pre-sliced where I shop, and I don't buy them because my personal preference is to buy un-sliced meat.

BTW, the way I figured 1/2 pound per week is this: A whole lamb provides a month of food... and a whole lamb liver weights about 2 pounds... so if I eat ~1/2 pound a week, it all comes out even.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 02:28:22 am »

you ate beef liver? grass fed? or conventionally raised? thanks
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk