Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 530580 times)

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #1175 on: October 12, 2012, 04:19:32 pm »
Had asparagus and macadamias for lunch.... maybe I shouldn't have too many macadamias in the future, a few gut squiggles a few hours later.

Just ate some duck eggs, and some duck livers covered in soft butter for dinner. Was delicious! Not very filling though....
I was going to have a few whitebait but decided against it, I will have that tomorrow morning for breakfast.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1176 on: October 12, 2012, 08:09:22 pm »
Jess I just found out you guys have legal retail sales of raw dairy in Idaho, I almost rerouted my trip slightly to swing in to that state for some provisions on the way out to cali, but dairy is usually so expensive I don't think I will bother.

Anyway, we are wrapping up the farm here for the month and a half I will be gone to cali for work, I sold out cows yesterday :(  , and though I'm sad to see them go I know they will love the farm they're going to which is an all grassfed, raw milk farm with way better resources than we have here. (just found out I have less than 3 acres to graze on due to a forestry management program that was put in place a long time ago, and I was already struggling to keep enough green grass under our brown swiss, fuck that!)

So, with wrapping up the farm came a butchering day, which equaled 5 geese and about 6 chickens. Then today I have to do the ducks, another :(  , . 

Even though I don't like to kill, it was ceremonious (not solemn, but grateful) and each death was accomplished quickly and cleanly. I felt spoiled though because I was able to gorge on all the organ meats I wanted as we cleaned these animals out, imagine big bright yellow gobs of free range, grain-free fat, hearts, livers, and organs I couldn't even identify but were delicious none the less. In some of the hens, the developing eggs were attached to their spinal cords, apparently and it looked like caviar, the eggs were in different states of development, some were just yolks with no whites and no shells, others had shells but very thin, I ate them fresh and it was one of the most decadent things I've ever had, a true delicacy and so grateful to the animals for this nourishment!

My uncle and a friend from the philippines came down for the day, I'll post pics of it some day here, took us the better part of the day because my philippino friend was teaching my uncle how to do this stuff since he's never gutted or plucked before.

That friend had never done geese though and they wanted to pluck the birds (I don't ever pluck, I skin only because it's faster and I have animals who will eat the skin so it doesn't go to waste) , But I processed two of them, and to give you an idea of how much longer it takes to pluck, even with scalding, I had skinned and gutted two geese before each of them had fully plucked one, and I've never butchered geese either. The meat from the geese is wonderful, very irony though and reminded me of the Mourning Dove I ate a week or two ago. These birds were born this spring, so not very old, but about as big as the adults and they were so tender, compared with the chickens (layers) who were tough as nails! lol

Thank you for birds!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:08:57 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 13, 2012, 04:18:04 am »
uhm......yer coming out here on your way back please.  i can hook up free dairy....

"In some of the hens, the developing eggs were attached to their spinal cords, apparently and it looked like caviar, the eggs were in different states of development, some were just yolks with no whites and no shells,"

this is my favorite part....its so beautiful, like a string of pearls.  you now have massive amounts of bird juju....migrating bird juju, nesting bird juju....

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 17, 2012, 02:41:22 pm »
I've been eating raw, fertile, pastured eggs. The chickens munch on raw pork, beef, bugs, and an organic soy free feed.

I've also been drinking grass fed, organic raw milk.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 18, 2012, 12:47:24 pm »
Fresh Possum offal
Trapped this possum last night and ate the lungs, liver, kidneys, and heart. Hung the carcus up in an old fridge to age (not turned on). This was my first time skinning an animal. The liver was very large and tasted of the forest.
These creatures are introduced and considered a pest because they destroy the native forest. Unfortunately there is a poisoning program in the area, so I had to assume that since it was well enough to make it to my property that it wasn't poisoned (humans can be so wasteful):

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 03, 2012, 04:25:07 pm »
Does anyone know the name of this fruit? It tastes somehow like soursop and this one was grown around Malaga, Spain. It's ripe when its skin can be easily taken off and in this case only its upper part was ripe, so that I'm waiting for the rest of it to ripen...
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 03, 2012, 11:08:01 pm »
It's called a Monstera Deliciosa

Here's the wikipedia on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monstera_deliciosa

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 04, 2012, 04:55:03 am »
Thanks !  :)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 13, 2012, 12:25:02 pm »

i definitely chomped on a few raw smelt today.  the fleshy part of the fish is delicious, and so easy to chew, skin, bones and all.  the head though...that took some courage! i just imagined i was doing inger proud and munched down on the heads without thinking about it too much.  it was NOT the most pleasant taste, kind of bitter/fishy? but i feel excellent and satiated.  i will be eating some raw oysters next week.  i am really excited to have a good and inexpensive source for seafoods!  also been eating lots of cooked chicken feet, they are soo weird and good.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1184 on: December 13, 2012, 03:45:12 pm »
Hi J! I'm hoping to have my car fixed and ready to go in the next week or so, if that's the case then I'd swing through ID on my way back, I would SO be down for some oysters! I've been craving them but don't buy them much back home due to crappy quality/price.

I ate some raw cannabis yesteday, it tasted like starbursts, it was a mexican sativa, a landrace. It was the ripe inflorescence, and had a strange texture due to the resin glands, but the flavor was incredible! I was not expecting it to be half as delicious as it was!

Adora, I think you may be on to something with the weed eating! 

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: December 14, 2012, 10:46:43 am »
Hi Jessica, if you want to make Inger really proud, you'll eat your seafood by candle light with plenty of raw fat, and have a cold face dunk, before you turn in early.

Funny, I always think of making Inger proud too, so there Inger, your a down right inspiration for health.

I had a sardine, for dinner, it was still frozen after scaling  So, I put boiling water over it to defrost it. The water stayed pretty warm, so I put bone marrow, coconut oil, and seaweed into it, with a small shallot. The sardine was 4oz and I loved it. There was one bitter bite, and a couple of bones were past my chewing ability, but the entire head was wonderful.

For breakfast and lunch I had 5shrimp/meal. I'm enjoying adding hot water to cold foods. Especially fats. Today, it was butter and a few small hunks of suet with the shrimp, with salt and pepper, to make a little quick broth.

Hi Thoth, was the cannabis the type that is high in cannabinoids and low in thc? Was it juicy? Was the leaf like a salad green or tougher? Did you feel any different after? Can you keep eating a little each day and report?

California isn't in my future for another year, but I haven't had any inflammation for 2 weeks : ).  I started jogging in minimalist shoes, no problems, but Im going slow.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 14, 2012, 04:03:44 pm »
Aren't we in a raw paleo forum?  :( :o

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1187 on: December 14, 2012, 04:59:11 pm »
Lighten up Francois, it meets criteria if it includes raw food and doesn't promote cooked foods as a healthful way to eat.

Keep up the great work Adora and Jessica with the fish/heads! You will be even more superwomen than before!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 14, 2012, 05:11:28 pm »
All standard modern and neolithic diets have included some raw food, AFAIK ! Some Polynesians still eat raw fish and fish heads nowadays.

BTW, the title of tis topic is "What  rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?" Members are free to tell what cooked, neolithic, modern or whatever crap foods they are eating right now, but it should be done in an appropriate thread in the "Off topic" or "Hot topic" sections.  ;D

Cheers
François
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:07:33 pm by Iguana »

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 14, 2012, 09:43:19 pm »
Hi Iguana,
   I'm not trying to cramp your style. I get a lot from your "purest" approach to diet and life. I was really stressing myself out trying to avoid heat at all costs. I didn't cook the seafood. I added a little hot water to still icy fish. It didn't even boil, just to be clear.
    Still I'm not intending to promote cooking, only showing how in my life, for now, I find ways to enjoy raw foods, when fresh isn't easy for me.
    But readers make no mistake. I would trade my current situation, and I am working for a day when I can provide the freshest foods possible, that I capture, raise, hunt, bla, bla for myself.
    I have zero desire to rumple anybodies panties, so if you'd like me to stop posting here, please be clear.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:40:06 am by TylerDurden »
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 14, 2012, 10:42:13 pm »
No problem Adora, please keep on posting!

It's just that I find it frustrating that so many members can't stay on a completely raw paleo nutrition, which has proved to be by far the easiest, safer and much more stable way in the long run. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:34:43 am by Iguana »

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 16, 2012, 05:04:13 am »
Iguana I enjoyed all raw  ;D and I'm proud to post

Mixed bone marrow with olive oil and a drop of ACV until creamy. Added salt, pepper, herbs (I used marjoram, oregano, sage, thyme, and tarragon), shallots, and garlic. Then, I used this as a dipping sauce for melt in my mouth tender sirloin, but I imagine it would be lovely with pork, scallops, salmon - oh so good.

....garlic breath was strong, but didn't linger after brushing.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 12, 2013, 03:23:57 am »
Pollen.

It's a short name... but extremely tasty and fulfilling, especially since I didn't have any for a very long time. Of course, I ate other foods as well today!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 12, 2013, 03:48:14 am »
Not to creative. But I just had 8 oz of grass fed lamb shoulder, very fatty. With 1 oz suet, and a banana with brown spots. Pretty filling.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1194 on: January 12, 2013, 05:19:32 am »
Pollen.

It's a short name... but extremely tasty and fulfilling, especially since I didn't have any for a very long time. Of course, I ate other foods as well today!
I loathe pollen. I got hold of organic, sundried pollen(presumably all-raw etc.) and it just made me feel ultra-hot inside, as though I had swallowed some chilli.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 12, 2013, 08:35:26 am »
Greenish & slimy grass fed lamb shoulder chops, tastes good and leaves nice slimy smile  (best before 7 Jan, now 12 Jan plus left it out of fridge for a day, which would be like 1 week past use by at fridge temperature).
I better go wash up before guests arrive !  O0

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1196 on: January 12, 2013, 04:16:38 pm »
I currently eat raw wild boar shoulder or raw moufflon shoulder, most of the time. The benefit is that it's all raw wild game, no mere grassfed meat. On the other hand, I am unable to get hold of raw organ-meats at all, and that worries me a little.

I also eat nonorganic fruits and very occasional veg. For some reason, low quality, raw plant foods don't affect me in the decidedly negative way that low quality raw animal foods do.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 12, 2013, 04:52:36 pm »
I currently eat raw wild boar shoulder or raw moufflon shoulder, most of the time. The benefit is that it's all raw wild game, no mere grassfed meat. On the other hand, I am unable to get hold of raw organ-meats at all, and that worries me a little.
I was in the same situation in Switzerland: never had any organs (the Swiss hunters eat the liver themselves and I don't know what they do with the other organs). It lasted from the start in 1987 until I moved here in 2008. I had to overcome a psychological blockage (advised by GCB himself when he was staying here) but now I like liver very much. Still have to get used to other organs. But as I've always eaten a lot of shellfish - and eggs when I could obtain some - I don't think I've got any deficiency. 

I also eat nonorganic fruits and very occasional veg. For some reason, low quality, raw plant foods don't affect me in the decidedly negative way that low quality raw animal foods do.
Yes, same here. The reason is certainly that animals, even more so big predators, are at the end of the food chain and bio-concentrate the toxins while there is no such concentration in plants — except in mushrooms which concentrate radioactivity, for example.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:06:27 pm by Iguana »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1198 on: January 12, 2013, 06:25:38 pm »
I don't generally thrive on (most) raw eggs and raw seafood is way too expensive for me this far inland. Up to 2 years ago, I had access to many different kinds of raw organ-meats like raw tongue etc. which I actually found to taste better than raw muscle-meats. Still, raw wild game is so much better/nutritionally superior than raw grassfed meats, that it may not matter.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 23, 2013, 11:15:08 pm »
i have finally got my taste back for red meats! so i ate some of the deer i got in december, hung it for a few weeks and even after being frozen it has that wild aged taste.  when i butchered it i made sure to keep a lot of the fat from the loins, luckily this deer had a big fatty butt! and also a ton of fat around the heart.  its really tasty, kinda dry and flaky but smooths out in the mouth. 

i also cut out some sections of ribs, i don't know what to do with em though? i might pop them in the crock pot and lowlowlow cook them and then make broth. 

i am also excited to try some lamb "pet food" that contains meat, heart and liver.  i don't like the lamb so much from this farm, it has a bitter taste to me, so have about a pound of ground lamb that is improving with the months it is sitting on the shelf in the fridge.  the older it gets the more cheesy/savory it tastes.  i hope the pet food is more immediately palatable.

next week i hope to get some lamb and pig fat.  i feel dumb because i passed up on these things a few times.  i remember reading that often times vitamin d is made from lanolin, which is fat from lambs. 

i feel really lucky where i live.  i have access to excellent quality eggs, raw milk, a good variety of meats, wild game, and it is all at a decent price.  there is even quite a bit of seafood, although its pretty expensive.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:20:19 pm by jessica »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk