Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529497 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #1200 on: January 24, 2013, 08:58:38 pm »
Wow Jessica, you need to open a Paleo bed and breakfast room!

+++++++++++++

Fancy raw paleo lunch

- raw beef
- fermented and salted tiny fish (padas bagoong) from Lingayen, Pangasinan province
- fermented pink ginger from the korean store
- raw big eye tuna

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1201 on: January 24, 2013, 09:34:15 pm »
I love the yellowness of the meat in the above pictures. Very tasty-looking.

Can't stand the taste of salted fish, though, or indeed anything salted.

I had raw beef kidneys the day before yesterday, raw pig's liver the day before, and now I'm having raw wild boar muscle-meat from the shoulder.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 25, 2013, 03:39:46 am »
ha! i barely have my own bed! maybe in the summer i can attract some folks who would like to rest in the orchard in front of my house. 

i tried the lamb "dog food" (meat, livers, heart) IT IS SO AMAZING.  way better then the lamb meat along, and its very finely ground so its almost like pate...very bright red.  i am going to try an order 10 pounds :)

today i am trying to rescue some raw cream that i let get kinda gross tasting...i added some raw whole milk yogurt and wrapped it in a cloth and set it above my crock pot full of chicken feet.  it got pretty warm and now has this nice crust and is separated curds and whey...i am going to let it sit a full 24 hours being warm

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 05, 2013, 02:20:30 am »
Donkey fat and liver.  :P
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 12, 2013, 09:51:27 am »

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/r90/31888_10200616640556243_131383972_n.jpg

alright well this was a particularly delicious meal.... clockwise from the:  prefect avocado with local pastured egg yolk, two castelvetrano olives(the only kind I like :)!), some stewed knee tendon from a grassfed cow is the white stuff in front of those, omg its delicious, a nice little medallion of  deer meat aged 2 months in the "old shoe" style with a nice piece of deer fat and some three months high ground lamb that was disgusting to me after I defrosted it, but amazing now that it has been sitting in the fridge forever, it smells so good, and the meat part has transformed and its very very fatty, really like a good cheese ! i honestly wish people were into high meat...its so amazing but I have a hard time figuring out any way to make it  acceptable, its seriously the antithesis of our "culture"
also celery, I eat a lot of celery :) and kelp granules, and sea salt.....yum!

wow I just realized I ate 4 different kinds of animal at one meal, I am spoiled.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:36:45 am by jessica »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 15, 2013, 02:43:12 am »
I just ate most of a cock and then some hazelnuts.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 15, 2013, 07:20:49 am »
I've mainly been eating grass fed raw beef fat, chuck roast, beef liver, heart, kidney, duck and chicken eggs, salmon. Apples, bananas with brown spots, avocado, oranges, strawberries, blackberries.

I might order some raw almonds to see how I like them.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1207 on: March 16, 2013, 07:00:22 pm »
I am about to start a / day fast tomorrow.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1208 on: March 31, 2013, 09:05:14 am »
Traditional raw beef brain recipe from the northern Ilocos province.

- 1/4 raw beef brain
- 5 to 6 calamansi or 1/2 a lemon
- a small onion chopped
- half a teaspoon of freshly chopped cayenne

Mix in a bowl, I just cut up the mushy gel like brain in roughly 1 inch cubes. The brain will keep for 1 week or more in the refrigerator. I eat just 1/4 to 1/5 of the brain each day. The purpose of the calamansi or lemon is to kill the sharp taste of fresh brain blood.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline primalgirl

• Trapper
  • Love Raw Primal/Paleo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 01, 2013, 09:53:53 am »
Cod cut up with half of a small Meyer lemon chopped up rind and all, raw honey, olive oil and basil pesto mixed in. I'm finally off all salt woohoo! so proud of myself. Also chicken thighs cut up with basil pesto and raw honey. Two or three tiny tomatoes with raw cheese that I've soaked to get the salt out, it works!

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 01, 2013, 09:58:53 am »
i had cod with basil pesto too! :)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 01, 2013, 10:01:27 am »

i tried the lamb "dog food" (meat, livers, heart) IT IS SO AMAZING.  way better then the lamb meat along, and its very finely ground so its almost like pate...very bright red.  i am going to try an order 10 pounds :)

where do you order this from?

edit: ah, found it, from the farm you're on presently. i was wondering why you would 'order' when you're living off the land ;) 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:18:31 am by Ioanna »

Offline primalgirl

• Trapper
  • Love Raw Primal/Paleo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 01, 2013, 10:33:33 am »
i had cod with basil pesto too! :)
Looks soooo good! I want to eat more!!! :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1213 on: April 01, 2013, 07:59:25 pm »
Raw wild boar. Tomorrow I will be eating  a raw wild hare carcass.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1214 on: April 01, 2013, 08:58:57 pm »
Traditional raw beef brain recipe from the northern Ilocos province.

- 1/4 raw beef brain
- 5 to 6 calamansi or 1/2 a lemon
- a small onion chopped
- half a teaspoon of freshly chopped cayenne

Mix in a bowl, I just cut up the mushy gel like brain in roughly 1 inch cubes. The brain will keep for 1 week or more in the refrigerator. I eat just 1/4 to 1/5 of the brain each day. The purpose of the calamansi or lemon is to kill the sharp taste of fresh brain blood.

Been eating parts of this beef brain the entire week.  Finally finished it this evening.

Other times of the day I had raw cheese: Brie de Meaux ... not paleo but primal diet a la Aajonus.

Also had papaya, and an organic duck egg yolk.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: April 02, 2013, 12:04:03 am »
by some odd twist of fate, I have cod in my freezer and pesto in my fridge.........:)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 02, 2013, 10:36:42 am »
That brain looks awesome gs. I haven't been eating brain because the only farm that will sell me it is hay feeding since it's winter.

I've been eating a lot of wild shrimp and cod. Grass fed beef chuck roast, organs, and beef fat. Chicken eggs.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 04, 2013, 03:30:53 am »
where do you order this from?

edit: ah, found it, from the farm you're on presently. i was wondering why you would 'order' when you're living off the land ;) 

actually not totally correct, I get it from the food co-op I work from, but its local pasture raised.  unfortunately they don't ship it anywhere, I am just really lucky they sell it at the coop! wish I had a source for you.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 04, 2013, 10:38:41 am »
ah, you are lucky, i think lamb organ mix would be very good!  our farmers market starts up again mid-April, so i'm looking forward to getting my organ mix again. i'm not sure if they have lamb, but now i'm going to ask  :D

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1219 on: May 10, 2013, 08:00:47 am »

Some few nights ago I just needed a raw paleo diet dinner for myself and just raided the refrigerater for whatever was in there. First I saw we had some 4 day old hasa hasa fish filet ceviche using some sweet Japanese vinegar. Then I saw we had raw sea urchin. As I was eating these two items, I thought there was something missing and remembered I bought some organic tiny cucumbers from our organic farmer Gil Carandang. These tiny cucumbers tasted delicious, way way better than the big ones. Then I thought, I had all the fun ingredients for a sushi roll and brought out some Nori. Well, Nori is not raw, but hey, we can’t be perfect all the time. It’s fun and totally delicious and satisfying. 6 rolls were enough for me. Get your kids to eat raw food for a change.

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2013/05/10/sushi-ideas-hasa-hasa-ceviche-sea-urchin-tiny-cucumber-rolled-in-nori/

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 19, 2013, 05:00:29 am »
The easily accessible  beaches nearby are crowded now, so I went to a wild beach 10 km away from my home: 6 km of black top road and 4 km of a rather rocky dirt track. There was only three vehicles of surfers camping there plus a pretty woman with children in a Portuguese car - who drove away just after I came. 

The tide was apparently at its lowest point and I ate plenty of delicious true limpets (Patella vulgata). There’s plenty left on the rocks, enough for all of you… Mussels also. I completed my meal in my car on the beach with an avocado, a lot of green peas and a small red pepper. Back at home I had two plantain bananas, peaches and finally dried mulberries. The oceanic fresh air makes me very hungry.

Now I just had two large fresh figs... when will I stop eating??

Me and my car on the same beach about two weeks ago:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:10:57 am by Iguana »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 19, 2013, 10:22:52 am »
Beautiful beach Iguana, sounds like some excellent food finds!  this time of year is so excellent .  true limpets (Patella vulgata) what do these taste like?

i recently moved to southern Oregon state, there are many rivers full of wild salmon, I was camping and lucky enough to met some men who had just caught four 30 pound salmon, they pulled into a spot by the river where I was having some rest and I hung out with them while they cleaned the fish and they gave me a huge steak off the tail, they had a ton of roe but were saving it for bait, if only I could have got my hands on some!  very nice folks though, true rednecks but luckily I speak their language

Here at the house we have a large fig tree, they are really starting to get some great size and color! i have never had truly fresh off the tree figs.  there are also abundant black berries, plums, mulberries, basil and green beans.  I have stayed away from the fruit for the most part, eating less then 10 berries a day, really not craving them much and mostly eating egg yolks, liver, beef, olives, greens. some non starchy veg and cheese.  there is excellent raw cheese in this area, a very large selection, I go with gouda since paleo phil mentioned it high k2 content :)

heres my big hunk of fish on the bank of the river it came out of.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:36:28 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 19, 2013, 10:31:24 am »
Wow 30 lb-ers! Makes me want to go fishing! Were they nice enough to share some of the guts? What a shame to let those delicious eggs go back to other fish. >: Ah well, beggars cant be choosers.

If you make it up to WA you can enjoy some organic apricots/peaches/nectarines and visit some alpacas on my friends farm.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 19, 2013, 10:47:02 am »
Completed first day instincto.

Three dandelion leaves for breakfast. Two green apples a few hours later.

Coconut creme for snack.

Ground Elk 4 oz It was my first time and I found it to be delicious. It was pre frozen though :/

Hour later was desert. Dried Bison Liver about 3 weeks old. 3 oz. Very strong tasting almost sour. Feel great though. Very clear.
Gnawing on bones.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 19, 2013, 02:02:01 pm »
Francois can I come and visit you...? I think you live in heaven or something.. wow..!!! And Jessica.. you too BTW. That sound just amazing, your meet with the strangers. Wild salmon is some of my favorite fish for sure. I get it very seldom here.. but when they have it, I always buy!
GS, your sushi rolls sounds delicious! Those are great for children for sure.

I have been eating mostly wildcaught pollock.. because it is so cheap. Prefrozen. Not ideal, but the best I can afford now.. with some oysters thrown in...lol Now I am gorging on wild berries too.. rasperries and blueberries. Yum!
This was my lunch the other day. Salad from own garden, with dirty carrots + some good raw EVOO and natural balsamic vinegar, green smoothie with wild greens and water only, and oysters.

Jessica, I love celery too.. my favorite veggie for sure! Jessica, I have to tell you I am amazed at how much you have gone forward since I first read from you here. You had so many issues.. and now you are doing so well! I am sure the low carb high fat diet did you some good things. <3 And you not being dogmatic either, but having the courage to try new things. I also love high meat, and aged meat and fat. I have not had high meat in many months now and I miss it. I really do. Just no possibility to get meat in that good quality, unfrozen. But soon I will and then I will make me lots of it for sure!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:07:57 pm by Inger »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk