Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529351 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #325 on: October 27, 2010, 11:52:53 am »
fresh goose meat and organs, goose fat and bison back fat

Edit: i believe these must have been sought out by hunters,

the fat is delicious, the meat is amazing, the organs are fantastic, far from what i expected, 1,0000 times better than chicken

i guess that's wild game for ya  ;)

i'm also getting wild goose from a hunter from my country home. my son has already experienced some wild and exotic raw animals.
bugs or country chickens

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 27, 2010, 12:01:33 pm »
how'd you get the goose sully?

i had duck today. really dark red and good. tasted much closer to venison than chicken. also a little lamb fat and venison jerky. and a cucumber. and some figs.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 27, 2010, 01:16:41 pm »
how'd you get the goose sully?

i had duck today. really dark red and good. tasted much closer to venison than chicken.
Yes , the goose is like red meat too.

I killed it the goose myself. I ran after a flock and hit one with a stick. It fell and was stmbling.
I pounced on it and ripped its head off with my bear hands. It was moving around even when the head was gone. Just like chickens.

How's that vegans?! I guess we don't need "advanced" hunting tools after all. TSK
Just hands a stick and strength.

Edit:Like this: but i used a stick to stun/injure it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG80f3VsCRE
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:32:04 pm by Sully »

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 28, 2010, 04:03:15 am »
The last products that I've eaten this day were 2 large ram's testicles and almost a full tablespoon of Blue Ice.
Yeah!  8)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 28, 2010, 09:14:19 am »
i so wish i could enjoy meals with all of you!.. how much more fun, and braver i'd be :)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 28, 2010, 01:56:06 pm »
i so wish i could enjoy meals with all of you!.. how much more fun, and braver i'd be :)
That's very very very true, Ioanna. :)
I think about this quite often.
That's not because I'm not brave (I'm hecka brave ;)), but because it would be much more pleasant to share these kind of delicious morsels with some other people, see them smiling, laughing. It would really make my day.

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 28, 2010, 02:12:01 pm »

Ditto, girl... to the infinity-th power (I wasn't good at math, I hope that makes sense). That's why I want you to move here - I think together we'd be able to make ourselves braver. :D

That's very very very true, Ioanna. :)
I think about this quite often.
That's not because I'm not brave (I'm hecka brave ;)), but because it would be much more pleasant to share these kind of delicious morsels with some other people, see them smiling, laughing. It would really make my day.

Haha! You are def hecka brave, Hannibal! ;D  Yes, sharing RPD meals with rad-ass people would be super awesome. :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #332 on: October 28, 2010, 03:47:48 pm »
I am eating raw wild boar and raw stagmeat currently. May diversify towards raw quail eggs and other such stuff.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2010, 02:58:20 am »
I am eating raw wild boar and raw stagmeat currently. May diversify towards raw quail eggs and other such stuff.
that's on thing I def. want to try, wild boar. I never had raw pork. I want to get some boar for my first raw pig meat.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 29, 2010, 03:15:48 am »
I had raw belly of wild boar, very nice.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #335 on: October 29, 2010, 03:26:15 am »
I had raw belly of wild boar, very nice.
In the UK, there seems only farmed wild boar available(ie grainfed). The only truly wild wild boar were helped to escape from certain farms a few years ago by some wonderful animal rightists, and nulber only a few hundred or so, so far.

Fortunately, the Austrians still have plenty genuinely wild boar available.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #336 on: October 29, 2010, 03:27:24 am »
that's on thing I def. want to try, wild boar. I never had raw pork. I want to get some boar for my first raw pig meat.
Raw pork is too bland. Raw wild boar meat has an excellent gamey taste. Only trouble is that my local sellers in Austria make sure to get the blood out first before sale.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2010, 01:12:59 pm »
Raw pork is too bland. Raw wild boar meat has an excellent gamey taste. Only trouble is that my local sellers in Austria make sure to get the blood out first before sale.
I bet grain fed pork can be bland, but free rang pork may be a little better. Agreed, gamy taste is better. Wild goose is amazing compared to chicken btw.
There is wild boar here, if you get a small game license you can hunt as many as you want because they are considered a nuisance to farmers and a threat to native animals.

I'd love to hunt me some boar.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 29, 2010, 04:13:04 pm »
Lately my meat has gotten monotonous but it ok because its tasty, just beef beef and more beef (all grass-fed), cut up in many different ways...
Last night I had a meat porridge - ground raw beef mixed with some marrow and pieces of calf liver, yum.
I am thawing a huge grass-fed beef heart now, I wonder if I can eat that thing in one day.  -\

Its hard to get wild animals here unless you're a hunter, even the 'wild' ones are farmed, like buffalo etc, thats why I am also heavily considering getting my hunters license next year. I wonder if there are boars around Ontario, the hunters license here allows you to kill moose, deer, black bears, turkeys, grouse and waterfowl. Doesn't say anything about boars though.

Would you hunt the boars with a bow? I think I'd want to hunt with a bow or crossbow, a rifle is too modern and I am not a samurai/ninja enough to chase deer with a sword or spear lol...

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 29, 2010, 06:11:06 pm »
I am not a samurai/ninja enough to chase deer with a sword or spear lol...
You don't have to be ninja to chase the wild animals.
People are the best long-distance runners on the Earth.
If you're in good shape you are capable of chasing the deers, boars or horses down. :)
Have you read "Born to run"?

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 30, 2010, 05:14:19 am »
You don't have to be ninja to chase the wild animals.
People are the best long-distance runners on the Earth.
If you're in good shape you are capable of chasing the deers, boars or horses down. :)
Have you read "Born to run"?

I haven't read that book but I do know humans are the best long distance runners, its just that I have to train up my endurance to run down an animal effectively. Boars and goose will probably be way easier to run down then a deer! The way the deer jump through the forest you can loose them very easy and I think is such an environment there are way more chances of me loosing my pray then making the kill. It would be a waste to go to a hunting resort for the weekend and not bring back any food because I got to tired or lost sight of the deer, ha ha
In an area with lots of open ground it may be easier but with a dense forest and uneven grounds it will get really confusing.

Also even after running the animal down you still have to kill it when it collapses, thats very stressful for an animal, not that its wrong, many predators kill that way, but I actually like the idea of stalking and shooting with a crossbow, a surprise kill which the animal did not foresee  :P Thats the way that jaguars do it, and snakes...I don't mind killing animals but I may not want to kill it when seeing it get so tired after fleeing in agony, and end up sparing its life...when its done with stealth its a different process for me mentally I guess, I'll have to try both ways and see what I like best I guess! But if I am going to pay the hunting fees I want guaranteed food on my damn table LOL ....
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:31:31 am by yuli »

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 30, 2010, 05:45:40 am »
I wanted to add that I watched the videos of the guy persistence hunting an antelope and even he had trouble guessing which direction the antelope ran to. If you looked at the land he was hunting in, it was a lot more open and even ground, some trees and shrubs. Now if HE had trouble THERE, I can only imagine the trouble of getting an agile deer in a dense forest with hills.
In many forests here there is no open ground, no flat ground, so many trees, it seems persistence hunting is good in one area, but for lush forests stealth and weaponry are almost essential. Also dragging the deer back over mountains and dense forest after you ran it for 5 hours may be impossible in some areas.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 30, 2010, 07:06:54 am »
Eating a big plate of small chunks of fatty lamb meat, I forgot that I left it on my bookshelf for over a day, lol (it was a little old even before that)
Its a kinda dried up on top and a little slimy on the bottom, and it smells kinda funky, but the taste & texture is gorgeous.
Its nice finding meat in your house that you forgot about, kinda like finding a $20 in your jeans pocket, a happy surprise  :P

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 30, 2010, 07:40:44 am »

Would you hunt the boars with a bow? I think I'd want to hunt with a bow or crossbow, a rifle is too modern and I am not a samurai/ninja enough to chase deer with a sword or spear lol...

you could use a modern spear. It's not to difficult with a dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeii7r_ySiA

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 30, 2010, 07:55:31 am »
I just watched some of those boar hunting videos, it takes quite a while for the boar to die  :'(
There is one where the had the kid spear it and they were just holding the boar by the legs and the dogs were holding it by the face while it was screaming still, and then they watched it die slow, I would just slit its throat with a big knife after that so it dies quick, I don't know why they didn't do that. It's pretty easy to slit the throat with a sharp knife and then you put it out of its misery quick.
All I know is if I hunt I'd want the animal to die as quick as possible! A fast moving projectile seems to be the best way to do that. Either that or you must have someone slit the throat as the other person spears it. Obviously if I had no choice I wouldn't care how I kill it because I am starving, but if you have a choice why not kill it the fastest way.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 30, 2010, 07:58:07 am »
aww mom, lambs tongues again!

[also marrow]
 earlier I had a big ole bowl of organ dog food with my dairy fat.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #346 on: October 30, 2010, 08:06:53 am »
Breakfast with the family:
coconut juice
lanzones
papaya
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 30, 2010, 08:07:03 am »
Watch some bow hunting videos yuli, they don't always die quickly then either.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 30, 2010, 08:20:13 am »
Watch some bow hunting videos yuli, they don't always die quickly then either.

Yep its true  :'( , but it seems less stressful/scary for the animal...(maybe I am just imagining things!!! lol)...it seems like the animal is more stressed when there is people and dogs holding it down before stabbing it and then not even slitting the throat.
One shot may not kill it but will bring it down, then in that case you can do a second shot right away to finish it off.
Or if you get good you can just shoot it in the head, that should kill it immediately!  :D
Shooting a bird or smaller animals will probably bring them down immediately...

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 30, 2010, 08:41:23 am »
although this was done with a gun (which I don't think is bad)...this is a quick kill:

http://www.youtube.com/v/eVI3y29UYWw?fs=1&hl=en_US

and so is this...

http://www.youtube.com/v/CPNBynsVHAc?fs=1&hl=en_US

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk