Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529488 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: My Groceries for the week Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #375 on: November 10, 2010, 07:47:44 am »
seed:
- pumpkin!

oh... *facepalm*

I'm not interested in juicing, I'd rather cook. Though I wouldn't mind doing some sprouting or that kind of thing. If I bought some sweet potato and liked it raw, but felt like I could improve it by cooking then I wouldn't mind doing that. I wouldn't want to start by cooking something.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:54:36 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #376 on: November 10, 2010, 07:52:38 am »
ffs lol, I was just about to go back to meat only after eating anything since june, trying everything I can before the winter... I've fasted today in preparation.. Now I find out all this new stuff I can eat!!!! I feel I must try everything.

In the winter I decided I'll eat meats and winter vegetables, like things that are roots, and can be stored for a long time over the winter...
I do need variety in my food, not for health reasons so much as psychological ones   l)

ps. yeah the quinoa cannot be eaten 'raw' but it can be sprouted then its more alive, I was gonna try mix those sprout with the winter veggies, it may not work but I like to try stuff, it is close to a grain but is technically a seed, so if I can digest it well or not that is the question  -v

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 10, 2010, 07:54:23 am »
Who is that guy in your avatar?

it's sean connery. from the movie zardoz. highly recommended even though i had no clue what was going on most of the time as evidenced by sean's red overalls and thigh high boots... and a gun... and a ponytail

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: My Groceries for the week Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #378 on: November 10, 2010, 08:06:21 am »
I'm not interested in juicing, I'd rather cook. Though I wouldn't mind doing some sprouting or that kind of thing. If I bought some sweet potato and liked it raw, but felt like I could improve it by cooking then I wouldn't mind doing that. I wouldn't want to start by cooking something.

I don't like juicing either, it feels I am consuming an unnatural amount of veggies if I juice, I just use a food processor to mince it finely, that way you can create good flavors but still eat the whole vegetable, so you'll know when you had enough or if you shouldn't eat a particular veggie!
The sweet potato is really good both ways, I had it raw and cooked and it was tasty, it tastes very much the same raw except its harder and more starchy, I notice after cooking it its just as good but the starchy-ness is gone, if that makes any sense...
All the other roots (parsnips, turnips, daikons) are WAAAYY better raw! The sweet potato is the only one I found improves much.
I am a fan of 3 types of foods now:
- raw red MEAT
- raw ROOTS
- raw HONEY (or as raw as I can buy it)
Those seem to be the foods I am inclined to eat in the winter
In the sumer I love raw fish and fruit...interesting

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 10, 2010, 09:10:23 am »
My Groceries for the week!

meats:
- tons of grassfed beef muscle (i love that brand so I bought a lot this time)
- young calf liver (mmmm)
organic veggies:
- red cabbage
- purple turnip
- sweet potato
- daikon
- parsnip
- avocado
seed:
- pumpkin!
not very paleo but still good, and raw:
- raw cheddar
- unprocessed red quinoa (gonna sprout this and see if I can make anything funky)

The only thing thats missing in my groceries is FAT and FRUIT, however I was pigging out on honey for a few days so I think I'll skip the fruit for a little while.  :P
As for fat, I couldn't get any good fesh marrow bones so I will live on avocado, flax oil, cod oil and dairy fat until I find some marrow  :D
Unfortunately I don't really like eating suet or any other pure animal fat unless its a part of the meat/attached to the meat, other then marrow. Usually I get some fatty lamb or salmon but I couldn't find...damn why is wild salmon so expensive, I hate it.

That is some nice food. Do you eat it all raw? How does that work out for you

Also miles, I'm pretty sure that other picture was just something she found off the internet. Although I like this one more. :)
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 10, 2010, 09:39:35 am »
That is some nice food. Do you eat it all raw? How does that work out for you

Also miles, I'm pretty sure that other picture was just something she found off the internet. Although I like this one more. :)

Yes all raw! Except the sweet potato which I am probably going to lightly cook...
I just tasted that beef I bought and its really splendid, when its good un-aged then its really good  :)

No the other picture was me too, I swear, it was just a professional photo...

here is a compilation of me...do I really look that different in all the pics? lol (in the shiny dress photo I am as drunk as can possibly be so I do look different there)
PS, I do notice I looked the same at 20 as I do at 27, thats cool, hopefully by eating a (for the most part) raw diet I will look good in older years  ;D

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now!
« Reply #381 on: November 10, 2010, 10:46:08 am »
5 lambs tongues, lamb suet and some rb.
earlier had some buffalo meat and the remaining suet (somewhat packed into a 16 fluid oz jar..not sure how much that is by weight..but pretty filling)

never knew you could change the topic headings..

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #382 on: November 10, 2010, 10:59:09 am »
Yes all raw! Except the sweet potato which I am probably going to lightly cook...
I just tasted that beef I bought and its really splendid, when its good un-aged then its really good  :)

No the other picture was me too, I swear, it was just a professional photo...

here is a compilation of me...do I really look that different in all the pics? lol (in the shiny dress photo I am as drunk as can possibly be so I do look different there)
PS, I do notice I looked the same at 20 as I do at 27, thats cool, hopefully by eating a (for the most part) raw diet I will look good in older years  ;D

I'm the dumb guy who can't recognize models in a woman's magazine and I can't pin down your real look in the photos.  Maybe have to stare at it longer.

Is that your baby?  What's her name?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 10, 2010, 12:02:15 pm »
I'm the dumb guy who can't recognize models in a woman's magazine and I can't pin down your real look in the photos.  Maybe have to stare at it longer.

Is that your baby?  What's her name?

All of those are my "real" looks, I have a lot of styles/clothes and I like to be like chameleon lol - i guess keep staring at it and you'll get it -  O0
That's my friend's kid, she is awesome, for Halloween we took 2 of our friend's little girls Trick or Treating, they're both so cute, one was dressed as a princess and the other was a cow...she had the real cow body suit, lol...the girl in the pic is named Dakota
Kids are fun at that age...

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 10, 2010, 12:23:15 pm »
"..."+(Pictures)

............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must admit I have a crush on Yuli xD

Ha I can see they're all you but they still look really different! But the new avatar looks SO different! Your old avatar looked so 'smooth' it was almost like CGI, like out of final fantasy or something. Your meat-eating pics reminded me of Uma Thurman, but you looked better ofc! Your butcher shop one and the bottom middle kind of look similar to the meat-eating ones, but then the bottom middle kind of looks like the top right one, but that top right one looks a lot like the bottom right one. The top left one only looks like the bottom middle one, and kind of reminds me of the girl from 'space channel 5'. So in none of the pictures do you look the same as in all of the pictures, but in all of the pictures you look the same as in some of the pictures =p If you were working under-cover you would have to change your looks in the right sequence so that they couldn't be linked.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:34:08 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now!
« Reply #385 on: November 10, 2010, 12:27:13 pm »
5 lambs tongues, lamb suet and some rb.
earlier had some buffalo meat and the remaining suet (somewhat packed into a 16 fluid oz jar..not sure how much that is by weight..but pretty filling)

never knew you could change the topic headings..

are those chikn' legs? I can never eat those raw...but those do look nice and reddish compared to the freaky yellowish-white chicken.
whats the yellow stuff? and whats "rb."?

yes you can not only change the heading but the message icon too, woohoo

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 10, 2010, 12:34:07 pm »
are those chikn' legs? I can never eat those raw...but those do look nice and reddish compared to the freaky yellowish-white chicken.
whats the yellow stuff? and whats "rb."?

yes you can not only change the heading but the message icon too, woohoo

its individual lambs tongues. check out the file name as well :)

I do eat chicken legs sometimes. kind of fun. I'm partial to being able to take repeated bites off something while just using one hand without a plate. I'd like to get one of those whole mutton bones like a caveman stereotype.

your pic with the kid (Is that the newest?) looks great.  less blood in it but more life. The old avatar was pretty ethereal, but you look like a nice looking human here.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 10, 2010, 12:52:46 pm »
its individual lambs tongues. check out the file name as well :)

wow they are shaped like drumsticks! Nice filename, lucky lamb... -\

your pic with the kid (Is that the newest?) looks great.  less blood in it but more life. The old avatar was pretty ethereal, but you look like a nice looking human here.

EDIT: yep that ones from this Halloween...the youngest one is the final fantasy one, the rest is mixed ages in between

I think its just different types of photography, lighting & makeup can change a lot...looking human is definitely something to strive for  :D

...........Your butcher shop one and the bottom middle kind of look similar to the meat-eating ones, but then the bottom middle kind of looks like the top right one, but that top right one looks a lot like the bottom right one. The top left one only looks like the bottom middle one, and kind of reminds me of the girl from 'space channel 5'. So in none of the pictures do you look the same as in all of the pictures, but in all of the pictures you look the same as in some of the pictures =p If you were working under-cover you would have to change your looks in the right sequence so that they couldn't be linked.

wow, what a paradox, reading that made my eyes go crossed...makes me want to work undercover, maybe in my spare time?  -\
As you said I have to figure out the correct sequencing, maybe I'll be like the alien from American Dad, you know, pretend undercover (just kidding)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 10, 2010, 01:06:34 pm »
wow they are shaped like drumsticks! Nice filename, lucky lamb... -\

EDIT: yep that ones from this Halloween...the youngest one is the final fantasy one, the rest is mixed ages in between

I think its just different types of photography, lighting & makeup can change a lot...looking human is definitely something to strive for  :D

lamb(s)
 it was an orgy.
I had the same thing a little bit back..heres a better shot I guess of what they look like:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/off-topic/what-are-you-eating-right-now/msg51511/#msg51511

I used to work in fashion stuff in NYC. you are a pretty girl obviously, but it looks like you can maybe kick some ass now too
and make a kid smile.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2010, 01:23:31 pm »
Hey KD,

How about posting some of your muscle bound pics a la Yuli so we can make raw meat eating cool.

Something like: Raw meat is good for you (pics of KD below), Raw meat is good for you (pics of Yuli below)

Or others out there who want to be raw paleo diet models.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 10, 2010, 01:43:50 pm »
Hey KD,

How about posting some of your muscle bound pics a la Yuli so we can make raw meat eating cool.

Something like: Raw meat is good for you (pics of KD below), Raw meat is good for you (pics of Yuli below)

Or others out there who want to be raw paleo diet models.

heh, I have some absolutely horrendous RV pics I could post but I dunno something tells me no good would come of this for me. I certainly have posted many pics already throughout the site for people to find..some new ones on hunter gather physiques thread...but I dunno. Specifically being a posterboy for any WOE at the moment kind of freaks me out I think right now, but yeah maybe. Its a flattering idea to be matched with yuli but I would probably be more interested in participating with others involved as well. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of fit, healthy looking people here. Isn't there another shy-ish girl here that does modeling? :) :) and a triathlete? I think on top of the before after thing..there could just be a single thread for people to post photos. called sexy meatheads or something.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:22:44 pm by KD »

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 10, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »
you know who looks the EXACT same in every photo i've seen?

hannibal

every single picture, ha. just something i noticed. it's the same face and always a self-shot. i like it. he's consistent
yeah he always had one eye bigger than the other and head leaning in to the camera I think.
haha ;)
what about my new avatar?
do I look also exactly the same? :)

Re food that I'm eating right now - Jonathan apples from my orchard; about 1 kg
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2010, 06:40:17 pm »
Nice pic Hannibal,

Maybe you can compose a collage of pics like Yuli's.

We can have a mr. and ms. raw paleo dieter.

P.S. I had horse muscle and fat at lunch.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2010, 07:19:45 pm »

Sweet potatoes (pink variety) are tasty and very sweet raw.

I do notice I looked the same at 20 as I do at 27, thats cool, hopefully by eating a (for the most part) raw diet I will look good in older years  ;D

Yes, sure, I know a few women long time instincto RPDers who look amazingly young for their age: it seems they don't age at all, or very slowly. And in one month only of RPD, my ex-wife got at least 6 years or more younger, back from 31 to 25 or rather even less.

You are beautiful and lovely, even when drunk... wow!  :-* :-*

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 10, 2010, 07:56:28 pm »
Maybe you can compose a collage of pics like Yuli's.
OK ;)

with my two younger cousins

and that's a pic, which Ioanna likes ;) -

and last but not least...
almost half a year old Hannibal ;)

with my aunt
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:51:02 pm by Hannibal »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 10, 2010, 08:49:42 pm »
Not what I'm eating right now, but what I'm gonna eat very soon:

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:07:26 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 10, 2010, 09:06:29 pm »
Iguana, is it wild boar meat?
Are you gonna keep it all in the fridge? Meat with the bones will become high quite quickly ;)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2010, 09:11:36 pm »
I'll eat it first.

Yes, wild boar and moufflon (bighorn).

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2010, 09:17:39 pm »
I'll eat it first.

Yes, wild boar and moufflon (bighorn).

Damn even a brain. Nice.

Although I'm pretty sure this will be high as hell once you get around to finishing it
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2010, 09:21:05 pm »

Yes, but I like it high! And since I've been without meat for the last few days, I think I'm gonna eat quite a lot of it quickly!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk