Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529528 times)

Offline Bronwen

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Yoga & Wellbeing
Re: Nuts?
« Reply #700 on: February 13, 2011, 01:06:26 am »
Are there fat wild animals in southern Africa available at all?
I am not sure - will have to find out. It will be part of my learning curve in RPD!

What are your experiences with nuts?

Haven't eaten nuts in a while. Used to eat regularly and enjoy them, but never fresh from the shells - just didn't see them around that much. I digested them fine unless I ate more than about 50-60g, depending on how fatty they were (I did better on seeds and raw seed butters, especially tahini...but too easy to overeat on it as I liked it so much). Any more than that made me feel heavy and bloated.
Anyway, I read that because the already shelled nuts are usually heat-treated they can cause teeth problems (encourage decay), as they stick to teeth much like dried fruit. So stopped eating nuts end of November last year, as I have a few teeth showing signs of decay. My teeth certainly feel a lot better, though I have changed other factors as well, like including raw meat and lowering fruit intake to once a day. Also nuts used to be mainly a 'snack' between meals, and I have stopped all 'snacking' and just stick to two meals a day, so that may be making a difference too.

the salt story is interesting - I sometimes used to take a tiny pinch of himalayan salt with my nuts and I could eat more then than the 50-60g, now that I think about it.......
May I always maintain an open mind in my quest for TRUTH - "The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr,Danish Physicist

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #701 on: February 14, 2011, 04:00:09 pm »
I like all sorts of nuts. I eat never more than 150g but that's enough to satisfy me.

Do you eat nuts mono? Or do you mix them with dried fruits? Sometimes digestive troubles arise from a lack of salt and therefore from a lack of gastric acid. Do you eat pure salt or drink seawater?

But maybe your body needs other stuff more than nuts at the moment. I would try different kinds of nuts from time to time and observe if the needs change.

Yes, I usually eat nuts mono (if I eat nuts at all). Somehow I can't digest the fats in nuts. Coconut cream, animal fats and olive oil are ok...

Löwenherz

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 07, 2011, 06:22:30 am »
Slippers AKA "boat shoes"

2-3 pehaps make up the meat of an oyster. you can see it by the tip of the knife.

had to be around 50-60 in this bag all sucked on top of each other. Not bad for 10 bones.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #704 on: March 24, 2011, 06:24:29 pm »
I am ordering some raw  wild boar "stomach-meat" which is supposedly very fatty indeed. It's a lot cheaper too so that's useful. Will see what it's like early next week.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #705 on: March 24, 2011, 09:17:28 pm »
Had coconut meat and coconut juice for dinner.

Late lunch I had juicy sirloin.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 25, 2011, 12:51:02 pm »
Half pound of Mahi Mahi for dinner.  ;D

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 07, 2011, 12:46:45 am »
Ate kale with a large green caterpillar, lettuce with several small brownish caterpillars, as well as tarragon and coriander. Just trying the green stuff out, and the caterpillars came as an extra.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #708 on: April 07, 2011, 12:49:26 am »
1kg of raw moufflon "stewing steak". Plus some tomatoes and oranges.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #709 on: April 08, 2011, 09:12:39 am »
    I walked down to the beach this afternoon and ate fermented hidefat and fermented wildcaught whole mackerel, both never been frozen.  I bought a knife and plate on the way, so it was a little civilized.  I spit out the bones.  I shared my food with seagulls and pigeons too.  The male pigeons seemed to get horny from the food.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:22:49 pm by TylerDurden »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 09, 2011, 12:29:21 am »
Ate kale with a large green caterpillar, lettuce with several small brownish caterpillars, as well as tarragon and coriander. Just trying the green stuff out, and the caterpillars came as an extra.

Greens can be very helpful in cases with candida problems.

What are your experiences with greens so far?

Löwenherz

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 09, 2011, 06:14:36 am »
Greens can be very helpful in cases with candida problems.

Löwenherz

Don't know, only been eating them for 3 days so not long enough to tell.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 09, 2011, 07:53:01 pm »

Ok... I've been eating some green stuff.. lettuce, herbs etc during the day, chewing thoroughly and not eating a vast amount, and leaving quite a lot of hours before eating meat in the evening, but... I've found that the meat is obstructed by the veg, and in the night I will feel sick until I pass the veg, and then I'm ok again.. I don't know if this is because I need to adapt to eating plants, or what.. but I will go back to eating ZC again for now. I also got one small acne pimple on my face related to eating the veg, but again I don't know if this would change if I adapted to eating the veg. I don't know if I should be adapted or not.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 09, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »
Ok... I've been eating some green stuff.. lettuce, herbs etc during the day, chewing thoroughly and not eating a vast amount, and leaving quite a lot of hours before eating meat in the evening, but... I've found that the meat is obstructed by the veg, and in the night I will feel sick until I pass the veg, and then I'm ok again.. I don't know if this is because I need to adapt to eating plants, or what.. but I will go back to eating ZC again for now. I also got one small acne pimple on my face related to eating the veg, but again I don't know if this would change if I adapted to eating the veg. I don't know if I should be adapted or not.

This has been my experience with reintroducing vegetables and greens into my diet, I will feel bloated and uncomfortable until the vegetative matter passes through . I can tolerate an occasional avocado, or tomato, but as for greens and other vegetables I avoid almost completely. I used to eat okra a bit, but even that will make me feel uncomfortably full after eating a few pieces.

It seems like the longer I go without vegetation the more intolerant I become to it. I am in the boat where I feel well enough without vegetables to question if its necessary to even try to re adapt to tolerating more plant foods.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 09, 2011, 09:51:59 pm »
... I've found that the meat is obstructed by the veg, and in the night I will feel sick until I pass the veg, and then I'm ok again..

What do you mean by "meat is obstructed by the veg"?
Constipation? Bloating?

Maybe Aajonus is right. He says that raw veg impairs meat digestion and recommends green juices therefore. If I remember correctly he sees veg juices primarily as a mineral source and not (as mentioned by Tyler) as a carb/fruit substitute.

I have noticed that I can eat lean meats plus fruits plus vegetables without trouble. But animal fats make me very intolerant to any veg including fruit.

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:11:31 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 11, 2011, 08:49:34 pm »
Currently in love with beef tongue!

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 11, 2011, 08:56:30 pm »
I could eat egg yolks all day, but it wouldn't be a great diet. Gonna get started on some high tongue and kidney in a bit.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 12, 2011, 04:30:07 am »
Grass fed beef, about a pound of chuck roast and and half pound of heart.
Had some duck eggs too. Delicious  ;D
Some papaya also!

Klowcarb... I am going to be showing your beautiful picture to a girl I know who is on the fence about eating raw meat.
You should put something in the before and after section!

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 12, 2011, 06:04:59 am »
Inner Skirt of beef; bone marrow.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #719 on: April 12, 2011, 02:18:27 pm »
Half a kilo of raw moufflon plus some tomatoes.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #720 on: April 13, 2011, 02:15:25 pm »
I have just been eating the tastiest raw-meat dish ever. It was raw wild boar but the shoulder, not fillet or stewing-steak. As a result, the meat was very fatty indeed and had a unique taste which absolutely wowed me. I will mostly  buy that kind of cut from now on.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 13, 2011, 02:18:44 pm »
I love shoulder meat! Been eating it with organs for a couple months  ;D

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 14, 2011, 04:31:15 am »
I have just been eating the tastiest raw-meat dish ever. It was raw wild boar but the shoulder, not fillet or stewing-steak. As a result, the meat was very fatty indeed and had a unique taste which absolutely wowed me. I will mostly  buy that kind of cut from now on.

I couldn't agree more!

BTW: Is wild boar considered as red meat or white meat in UK?

According to Aajonus, in US pork is considered as white meat. In Germany it's usually sorted into the red meat department.

Löwenherz

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 14, 2011, 04:44:48 am »
Yeah, the fatty parts of wild boar meat are indeed awesome. I eat lots of them.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #724 on: April 14, 2011, 08:43:41 am »
I couldn't agree more!

BTW: Is wild boar considered as red meat or white meat in UK?

According to Aajonus, in US pork is considered as white meat. In Germany it's usually sorted into the red meat department.

Löwenherz

I suppose that raw wild boar should be considered red meat as it is so dark red. Pork is only considered white meat, as grainfed pork looks so white and pale.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:57:02 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk