Author Topic: Please guys, Pioneer needs your help!  (Read 10068 times)

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Please guys, Pioneer needs your help!
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:32:59 am »
Ok so I was on the RPD for four months in the summer and experienced miraculous results: Strength, muscle, high libido, high mental clarity, focus, more female attention, the list goes on, and sadly had to go back to living in a dorm. It is PA state policy that if you live in a dorm, you must have a meal plan. So I fought it and went to everyone I could to get it removed, but couldnt :(.

In the first week of eating cooked denatured food again I have been experiencing the worst stomach pain ever, accompanied by Zero appetite after a few days of eating the shit. I have lost 10 lbs, probably a lot muscle as well. I cannot think as clearly either. Now I did speak to the chef at school and he can accommodate me with gluten free food, but I dont think that is enough.

I threatened to sue as well. However, it is a state issue and would be my fault.

I have decided that my life/ academics is way more important than $ and am going to say F*#K the meal plan and buy organic, raw food to eat in my dorm. I'll waste about $1000 every 4 months, but it will all be over once I get an apartment next year.

So what I have concluded about me being sick as soon as I got to school, is that no one has any idea what they are putting in the food. I am also allergic to gluten, and even the meat can have gluten in it. Cafeteria food is the worst ever. I feel like I am starving now without eating in days, but just have no appetite whatsoever.

What should I do guys? Help!
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Please guys, Pioneer needs your help!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:52:05 am »
prepare your own food. i'm a 30 yr old male and spend at least 100$ a week on good healthy food, its just part of living well. if i had to choose, food would come before everything except for rent.

as far as detoxing goes, go to your local vitamin store and buy magnesium oxide capsules and take about 6 a night with fresh lemon juice and raw apple cider vinegar. in the morning you will have pleasant liquid poop. do this for a few days until youre sure all the bad food is out of you, then continue with the lemon and acv to deal with the remnants of the bad food thats been digested. in a wek you'll be fine as long as youre eating good real food.

really all you might need is a mini fridge or freezer, bulk grass fed pet food & raw fat, and maybe pastured eggs from a farmers market, and RO filtered water.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 01:06:03 am »
Is there any way you can get one of those 'points' plans that you can distribute towards like toilet paper and things? I think you are right in trying not to dwell so much on the expense of the thing, after all, college is filled with tons of those hidden fees that you can pretty much do nothing about. I've learned myself that part of being an adult means sometimes accepting that money will just disappear and its not the end of the world.

I assume other than the fact that the food is already paid for and therefore begs to be eaten, that living in the dorm makes continuing the same RAF lifestyle quite challenging. If you have your own room, get a mini-fridge for your food if you want to continue eating raw. Short of that, what option do you have other than eating the cleanest food available by your school and other fresh foods you can supplement with? I don't see the legal action or other stuff panning out, but certainly keep fighting to keep your situation the most viable, as long as its not distracting and overwhelming you from school work/socializing or whatever. I would figure that the first few weeks transitioning off of raw would be the most difficult, after that you might not feel as well as before, but it might not be as bleak as your present outlook. I don't think 'its only food' is ever completely correct, but at a certain point there are more important factors in life.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:57:40 am »
In the first week of eating cooked denatured food again I have been experiencing the worst stomach pain ever, accompanied by Zero appetite after a few days of eating the shit. I have lost 10 lbs, probably a lot muscle as well.

I have felt your pain.  When I was nursing my son I was attending college.  I ate food from the school one meal.  My stomach had been good, but not after that.  I got horrible diarrhea.  They were just all messed up about what kind of food is healthy or what they shouldn't really serve. 

Looks like these guys above presented you with sound ideas. 

I hope you feel better soon.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 04:22:34 am »
Thanks for all of your support guys. I thought Id never see the day when I let money come before my health, and that is exactly what I did. I figured I could just stick it out for 2 more semesters till I got an apartment, then go 100% raw. However I always believed the saying that health should not be procrastinated. I do have a job and will be able to afford only the food, which is fine for now. I do have money in savings and plan on not touching that. I have a fridge and a blender, and I guess that's all I need. I am going back to 100% raw now and am thrilled and motivated. I got the smallest meal plan I could get and I guess what I could do is steal fruit from the cafeteria, like bananas and such because bananas can never have pesticides anyway. I'll think of other foods to steal as well to get my moneys worth of the $1000 the school is ripping me off.

I pondered for a long time today of what matters most, and I came to the conclusion that money comes and goes, but why live in hell through college? I hope to gain back 20lbs again and get more looks from the ladies too. But along with girls, and vitality, it all comes down to academics. I am a 4.0 student and can not think clearly without raw food. I am not going to jeopardize my education for saving a little cash.

I think I am going to get involved in school politics and form a group for kids like me. Something like SAFF (students against fake food) and get the organic revolution rolling a little faster in my area. My school already adopted free range eggs (not raw) and a vegan station, but I dint think it is organic. It is only a matter of time til we can change the system even more.
If anyone else has suggestions, please leave them.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- women's health member

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 04:32:40 am »
wait, what? you can get bulk grassfed pet food? thats awesome. Anyone experience eating it? Where do you get it?

- women's health member

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 04:50:43 am »
well, you can order it online - us wellness, northstar bison, texasgrassfed... some others i think. me personally i live in sf bay northern cali, so i get mine from marin sun farms. the bulk thing is basically, if you find a brand you like (taste, results, etc) and get 10 or more lbs at a time, its cheaper per pound.
its called pet food because its fattier and has some organ meats blended in and usually pre-frozen (but not always)
theres usually a farm or butcher nearby (relatively) that you can pay directly. try eatwild.com or your local WAPF chapter for help on these questions - they wont ever need to know if youre eating it, raw or otherwise.

and i looove the taste of the pet food i'm getting. it has a smoky quality that is super tasty to me.

Offline Monty

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 05:59:18 am »
hey i went through the same thing in college...and they insisted that i needed to have a meal plan....so i got my doctor to send in medical documentation..and legally they had no choice but to move me to campus housing with a kitchen and i didn't have to have a meal plan....i wonder if you got your doctor to sign off on special dietary needs if you could move your housing to somewhere were you had access to a kitchen (even though maybe you are raw and don't need it)  and drop the meal plan? worth a try

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 06:03:11 am »
wait, what? you can get bulk grassfed pet food? thats awesome. Anyone experience eating it? Where do you get it?

USWellness has it raw frozen.  It's liver, kidney, heart and muscle mixed I think.  It comes in 1lb plastic bags.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 06:11:01 am »
Pioneer, have you tried asking the cafeteria chefs if you can buy frozen burgers in bulk using your meal card?

Monty, how did you get your physician to approve the diet and what did he approve? Did he write that you have to eat raw meat and veg?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Monty

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 06:31:29 am »
the doctor just showed documentation proving that i had specific dietary needs and could not eat certain things..and that basically it was necessary for my health to be able to cook for myself because of my dietary restrictions..i didn't have to go into detail about what i do eat...just what i couldn't eat (basically everything in that nasty dining hall food)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 06:43:28 am »
Wow this is some good info seeing as Im going to college next year. I was planning on buying as cheap of food as possible (grass-fed beef stew or briskets) and eat a lot more suet instead of getting more expensive cuts. Ill probably also have to stop buying organic produce but anything is better than going back to SAD.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 10:44:13 am »
Kurite, honestly I think I had such an adverse reaction to SAD in cafeteria because I got used to and loved the RPD. Trust me going to cafeteria food is the last thing you want. Get an apartment. I cant wait to get one next year.

- women's health member

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 09:50:47 pm »
I cant believe anyone here still trust the Establishment enough to eat the food served form a state school cafeteria, Don't you know that the food is being dissigned to cull and weeken you, as well as to save on cost.
We have such technology that even SAD food could be produced much better than what is served to the future leaders of this world, it make you wonder were our priorities are. I'm sure they aren't serving grass fed slow roasted meat with organic farm fresh produce and pastered eggs and such.How can we grow strong young minds and health bodies on processed school food.

I wonder about the Quality of Ivy league food compaired to state school cafeteria food(I smell a conspiracy)

Its all SAD and should be avoided if possible, I understand money is the root of the evil on this subject, good food cost too much money and colleges would have to scale back the elegant designs of their multimillion dollar facilities if they wanted to feed their students better. Don't be a slave to the money powers, drive down the highway and find a fresh deer carcass, bag one yourself, find a cheep source of fat scraps, do whatever it takes to avoid playing their games, bad food is the enemy and you must not surrender to it.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:57:12 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 12:23:46 am »
I wonder about the Quality of Ivy league food compaired to state school cafeteria food(I smell a conspiracy)

I was in public schools and private ones.  The public school food sometimes tasted like cardboard, was unpredictably cooked, sometimes upset my stomach, sometimes had non-human and non-cow non-pig looking hair in it etc.  It was better than starving, but it wasn't good.  The private that did serve food had better than home, what little of their food I could afford and when I could.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 04:12:21 am »
Private schools in the UK usually have very poor food on offer, perhaps because they are not as well endowed with legacies by old pupils. I used to get awful  things like "pavement pudding", "frogspawn/aka "tapioca"), bread-and-butter pudding etc., much of which the teachers forced us to eat against our will. All highly processed crap, except for the occasional strawberries and cream in the summer from the school gardens. UK State schools are even worse with McDonald's-like fodder.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 04:28:21 am »
Private schools in the UK usually have very poor food on offer, perhaps because they are not as well endowed with legacies by old pupils. I used to get awful  things like "pavement pudding", "frogspawn/aka "tapioca"), bread-and-butter pudding etc., much of which the teachers forced us to eat against our will.

That food sounds awful.  At the private school that served food, the mothers came in and cooked and made salads and served in the lunch line.  All the food was organically grown.  The students had to pay for the lunches.  It wasn't for a tray of food, it was like a restaurant as far as you picked each item, different price for each thing.  It was a long trip to school, no breakfast or snack either there.  Our teachers didn't care if we ate anything, so I usually didn't. 

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 09:20:55 am »
I was allowed back behind the scenes at the cafeteria today and saw what they cook with. Gross :P. They use hydrogenated soybean oil for all their food, frying, cooking, etc... everything! Well guys I've come to a conclusion here on what I am gonna do but need your input. I have the option of either eating 2lbs of raw meat/organ a day, or 1 lb raw meat/ organ plus 4 cups of raw milk a day. I can not afford more than that. My instinct tells me to eat the 2 lbs of raw meat a day, but it is a little more pricey. Other than that, the cafeteria people agreed that I can come in and take a lot of fruit and vegetables. They may not be organic, but they are raw, and I can attempt to rid them of pesticides via an ozonator. I know they are not as nutritious, but thats the best I can do.

Tyler has kind of convinced me to not drink any milk at all because I have the same issue of a clogged nose 24/7 every day of my life and always wondered what it was. Must be the casein.

So whatta you guys think of 1 kg of meat/ organ daily, 1 cup suet, plus veggies and fruit? Also, how much fruit and veggies are optimal? I may need to experiment for myself but is there like a limit to fruit? Why does Aajonus condemn fruit to only 1 serving a day? He claims fruit is bad, but that leaves me suspicious because it obviously was part of our ancestors' diet, just not large quantities.

Im trying to recover properly from intense BJJ workouts so that is the reason for so much meat.
How much eggs should I be eating? Thanks guys

Oh and what are good healthy meat sauces to add some variety?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:33:16 am by pioneer »

- women's health member

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 04:41:19 pm »
The key thing is the raw meat re 2lbs a day. Eat raw  fruit and raw eggs in moderation.They are not as necessary. My only reason for eating raw fruit, really, is to  avoid eating cooked animal foods at certain occasions and also to avoid the negative symptoms I get from being raw zero carb for too long. Oh , and raw fruit is sometimes a better option than just drinking mineral water, but not always.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 08:22:59 pm »
Looks like you've got all you need!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 10:28:24 pm »
thanks again for your help guys. One more question is what fruits are the best to eat, the ones with the least pesticides? I think bananas and oranges are good with their protective layers, but what else? And honestly I dont like eating raw veggies whole at all, is juicing them fine? What are the best vegetables to eat? Before I was pretty much ZC, but now want to incorporate some carbs into my diet.

- women's health member

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 12:27:45 am »
When I can get hold of them I munch cactus fruits. They are delicious, but some find it a turn off that they are filled with rock hard seeds. Also they are a bit tricky to handle. It is fairly obvious that the cactus dont want you to eat its fruits.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 01:29:08 pm »
thanks again for your help guys. One more question is what fruits are the best to eat, the ones with the least pesticides? I think bananas and oranges are good with their protective layers, but what else? And honestly I dont like eating raw veggies whole at all, is juicing them fine? What are the best vegetables to eat? Before I was pretty much ZC, but now want to incorporate some carbs into my diet.
I would eat the fruits with a layer like you said. All melons are great. What fruits and veggies are available to you? Definately try going without milk. I don't have any issues breathing through my nose anymore when I cut out dairy.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 01:15:03 am »
I got pretty much most fruits available. Bananas, honey do, watermellon, melons, pinapple. Those are the ones that have a good protective cover on them.

- women's health member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk