Author Topic: Stomach pains from raw beef?  (Read 12961 times)

Offline Adam

• Forager
    • View Profile
Stomach pains from raw beef?
« on: September 12, 2010, 11:23:38 am »
I have no problem eating cooked beef but for some reason when its raw my stomach starts to hurt? Anyone know why or how to stop it?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Stomach pains from raw beef?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:45:14 am »
Try transitioning.
rarer and rarer.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 01:19:41 pm »
 you were focusing on it. I get stomach pains sometimes just ignore them
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Adam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 01:29:06 pm »
But isn't that kind of against the point? Doesn't that make beef a not so ideal food for you and I?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 01:57:20 pm »
Pain is normal it just happens sometimes, your just focusing on it because you don't usually eat raw meat.

Albert Camus

Offline leadahead

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 04:19:21 pm »
Since when did you start eating raw beef?  

Your body needs to adjust from eating raw. Give it time and everything will normalized.

Those good bacteria must have killed the bad ones inside you.  ;D

Live Life. Live Raw.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 06:25:37 pm »
maybe try eating smaller amounts with more meals to start?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 07:29:13 pm »
Is your meat grass or grain finished Wodg?
I never get stomach pains from my meat. If I was to get stomach pains I wouldn't think it was normal. And this is coming from pretty fucked up digestion in the beginning.

As for the OP I agree with GS. It may be your body adjusting. You'd probably notice much less or no discomfort by slowly transitioning.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 09:32:14 pm »
Is your meat grass or grain finished Wodg?
I never get stomach pains from my meat. If I was to get stomach pains I wouldn't think it was normal. And this is coming from pretty fucked up digestion in the beginning.

As for the OP I agree with GS. It may be your body adjusting. You'd probably notice much less or no discomfort by slowly transitioning.

I just get weird pains for no reason. My health problems are often psychosomatic anyway so it's hard to tell whats real.

Albert Camus

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 01:25:46 am »
What did you eat the meat with?  I've never had any discomfort after eating raw meat by itself, but if I've eaten it with a grain-based food or beans it's lead to discomfort.  I attributed it to bad combinations of foods, and generally eat raw my by itself now, separated from any other food by at least an hour.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 11:35:19 am »
It'll go away.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 12:25:51 pm »
for some reason when its raw my stomach starts to hurt? Anyone know why or how to stop it?

I don't know what the reason is beef hurts your stomach.  Beef has never hurt mine, but cooked it made me swell and raw it gave me nightmares.  Is your meat ground?  Was it pre-frozen?  Was it vaccinated?  If you want to stop the pain ... well the pain might be good.  If it's strong pain, of course you don't want your stomach exploding.  Can you go more into detail?  Maybe you should drink some wheatgrass juice and throw up and not keep beef in there.  Or try drinking ACV in the mornings for a few days.  Better yet, try bison. 

I do better with non-beef meat.  It tastes good and raw bison has never given me a problem no matter how, when or how often I try it. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Taste Sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 03:44:32 pm »
Yep, mine hurts too. Don't know what it is but no matter how much grain-fed, hormone laced, low quality, ground and COOKED meat I eat, I don't get any symptoms other than if it's beef then I feel alive and well. But if I consume even an ounce of best quality, fresh, grass-fed, organic beef, I get nothing but a stomachache. It pretty much sits in me undigested along with the raw fat. Go figure...

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 04:10:12 pm »
I am no pro...but perhaps your stomach hurts from raw beef because you don't have the right bacteria balance...your stomach doesn't have the arsenal to digest it maybe because it never had to before and got used to only digesting cooked meats.
Maybe not enough good bacteria?
Maybe try first adding good bacteria to your diet in other ways first, like kefir, saur kraut, apple cider vinegar with "mother" and other probiotics....
Then after, like someone mentioned, start by cooking your beef rarer and rarer over the course of a week or two....
Anyways that's what I'd try to do if I had that issue  -\

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 03:41:00 am »
I would try high meat and see how that feels in your stomach. Also I'd make sure to eat only 1 thing at a time, like 1 meal for meat, 1 for fat, and wouldn't take even supplements with the meal.

I do fine when I eat like that, but when I even ate some coconut butter with my raw meat it just sat in my stomach and I ended up throwing up.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 04:23:33 am »
Yeah, raw coconut products don`t seem to be a good idea for many RPDers.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 04:56:04 am »
I think the problem was that I mixed it with the meat. Because I ate the same meat and the same coconut butter before and after, just separately, and they were fine.

I had a similar but more odd ordeal with eating raw wild & unfrozen mackerel pike with cooked oriental yam. I had eaten both separately before and were both fine, but when I mixed them I broke out in a full upper body rash(after I ate it again I got a full body rash), got a fever, bad headache, and was throwing up. With this fish though I had gotten about 10 of them and had eaten 4 or 5 alone previously without any trouble, then after this I tried eating one alone with nothing else but I got the same symptoms, and I even cooked the rest of the fish and STILL got the symptoms.... I've just had my alternative medicine doctor check for allergies and I have none...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk