Author Topic: 'girly' Meat & Liver 'salad'  (Read 23090 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
'girly' Meat & Liver 'salad'
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:06:59 pm »
I had this for breakfast and really enjoyed it...
It's grassfed beef chunks, grainfed organic calf liver which tasted like chocolate, in the middle a ball of marrow (all had left today)
and 3 of my current favorite veggies, 2 of which are fruits lol...tomato, avocado and green onion.
I used no condiments as it was already perfect on its own.
Bon apetit!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 'girly' Meat & Liver 'salad'
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 12:16:07 pm »
liver looks fresh! nice!

sometimes i come across liver of different textures and taste from the same grass fed company, which depend on age of the animal, feed, and how old the meat is

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 12:33:22 pm »
This was my first raw liver and it seemed to taste very right...I never thought it would be so sweet though...I almost feel bad eating it like I am eating sweets lol, I bought 2 of them so I'll be enjoying it for a few days.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 01:04:40 pm »
yuli, my husband always ask me to make meat looks yummy :P!! your creations are awe and rawsome....love your every creation... :-*
bugs or country chickens

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 01:18:44 pm »
Thanks raw, I enjoy making these quick creations as I enjoy quickly eating them!  :D

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 01:44:20 pm »
Do you eat veggies with your meat and fat?
I never mix that stuffs with each other.
I prefere "sequential eating" - http://www.drbass.com/sequential.html
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 01:48:32 pm »
sometimes I eat meat with plants, sometimes just plants, sometimes just meats...I am somewhat of a random eater  :P
as long as its not too many plants with the meat it doesn't seem to bother me.
but I don't like fruits and berries with anything but themselves or with nuts maybe

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 01:54:39 pm »
OK. I practically do not eat any veggies. The main sources of my carbs are fruits and I eat them 1-1,5 hour before meat and fat.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 02:03:41 pm »
This was my first raw liver and it seemed to taste very right...I never thought it would be so sweet though...I almost feel bad eating it like I am eating sweets lol, I bought 2 of them so I'll be enjoying it for a few days.

It looks so pretty, Yuli!  But better yet, I know it tastes good.  Lamb liver has less sugar than calf liver.  I like that.  It doesn't get sour.  Calf liver tastes like vinegar to me if the store had it too long, and chicken liver gets bubbly, which is cool and pleasant, but I'd rather just the pure meat protein when keeping liver.  If you haven't tried lamb's, give it a try.  Liver tastes like chocolate to me too.  I know of a restaurant that serves chocolate liver shakes, but I'm sure it's all cooked.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 03:37:57 pm »
Looking good Yuli. Another fine 'girly' presentation!  :)  I'm impressed at how quickly you've fully taken on this WOE.

I'd second RawZi's comments that if you haven't tried lamb's liver yet it's well worth it.  It's the only liver I don't mind eating.  Sadly, mine doesn't taste like chocolate but, when aged, can resemble a fine aged cheese.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 12:35:03 am »
OK. I practically do not eat any veggies. The main sources of my carbs are fruits and I eat them 1-1,5 hour before meat and fat.

I can see how veggies can become less and less important the longer you do this RPD, for example when I started RPD I was making big salads and a week later had to stop the salads as it was too much roughage, I no longer eat big salads. In the picture I just had a small tomato, few green onion sprigs and a quarter of a small avocado...all together not a lot of veggies compared to what I was eating b4, I think with time I might not even like veggies anymore.
I do still love herbs, like green onion, dill, coriander and raw garlic...I think I may keep those in my diet for a long time, especially garlic since it keeps any parasites at bay, and I am not yet ready for high meat yet.
My 2 fave veggies now, avocado and tomato, are actually fruits though, and I do like to have them separately blended into a creamy soup a couple times a week.  :)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 12:40:11 am »
rawZi and Michael... lamb liver sounds pretty good, if its less sweet I'll def. go for that next time.
I bought a lamb heart and kidneys and will try it soon (I forgot to ask them for the liver, duh), they look so small (cute) compared to the giant cow heart and kidney I had before!

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 12:22:44 am »
I can see how veggies can become less and less important the longer you do this RPD.....

Valid observations Yuli.  I've been a member of this forum pretty much since it began a couple of years ago and have been eating this way for many years.  Initially, I could never understand how other members could eat little to no fruit/veg as I was still eating good quantities of each along with my meats etc.  This slowly decreased to simple condiments of onion, garlic, sweet pepper, fresh herbs, tomatoes.  Now, I eat virtually none!  It's incredible how ones taste does change.  Also, the more I've learned about the anti-nutrients in most fruit/veg, the more I've decreased my consumption with compounding improvements in my digestion and health.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 02:26:41 am »
Valid observations Yuli.  I've been a member of this forum pretty much since it began a couple of years ago and have been eating this way for many years.  Initially, I could never understand how other members could eat little to no fruit/veg as I was still eating good quantities of each along with my meats etc.  This slowly decreased to simple condiments of onion, garlic, sweet pepper, fresh herbs, tomatoes.  Now, I eat virtually none!  It's incredible how ones taste does change.  Also, the more I've learned about the anti-nutrients in most fruit/veg, the more I've decreased my consumption with compounding improvements in my digestion and health.

I still have fruit binge fits at times (usually if I am up late) and gotta cut that out...last night I stupidly ate 5 peaches and 2 apples...ugh that really didn't feel good after, I don't get diarrhea but I get gas like crazy from that (not to mention the yucky sugar rush) ...so no plants for me today gotta recover  :'(

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 04:15:41 am »
Don't worry Yuli - I still indulge in a little fruit myself every now and then! :)  Although, I'm glad to say, I would no longer consider inflicting 5 peaches and 2 apples on myself!! :o  I'm not surprised you suffered the described consequences!  Difficult to abstain when you have a tempting abundant supply in your garden I'm sure.

I would expect the fruit binges to slowly decrease in frequency and level if you stick with this WOE.  I tend to just eat a controlled amount of berries occasionally now with the odd indulgence on special occasions eg my recent birthday which included, shhh, organic mango, unpasteurised ewe cheese and raw honeycomb!   -X

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 05:07:43 am »
Don't worry Yuli - I still indulge in a little fruit myself every now and then! :)  Although, I'm glad to say, I would no longer consider inflicting 5 peaches and 2 apples on myself!! :o  I'm not surprised you suffered the described consequences!  Difficult to abstain when you have a tempting abundant supply in your garden I'm sure.

I would expect the fruit binges to slowly decrease in frequency and level if you stick with this WOE.  I tend to just eat a controlled amount of berries occasionally now with the odd indulgence on special occasions eg my recent birthday which included, shhh, organic mango, unpasteurised ewe cheese and raw honeycomb!   -X

I think my fruit binges stopped after consuming those four bananas which made me sick all night (I did that a few days after the 5 peaches binge), I really learned my lesson, now even thinking of bananas revolts me.

Your birthday feast must have been scrumptious! I love good mangos, what a treat... I recently got my hands on some good raw cheeses but I am not indulging in them (I only bought them because I was so happy to see raw cheeses being sold in Ontario), just having a little slice every now and then. Last night I had a piece of raw Emmental wrapped in nori, it was such a nice combo.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 05:42:54 am »
I think my fruit binges stopped after consuming those four bananas which made me sick all night (I did that a few days after the 5 peaches binge), I really learned my lesson, now even thinking of bananas revolts me.

ha ha :)  I find that it's often good to learn things the hard way.  The thought from reading of your peaches and bananas revolts me!!  :)

Your birthday feast must have been scrumptious! I love good mangos, what a treat... I recently got my hands on some good raw cheeses but I am not indulging in them (I only bought them because I was so happy to see raw cheeses being sold in Ontario), just having a little slice every now and then. Last night I had a piece of raw Emmental wrapped in nori, it was such a nice combo.

Yes, I must say that I enjoyed the feast immensely!  :)  Sliced chunks of raw cheese topped with sliced chunks of raw honeycomb and washed down with freshly cut mango was some treat!  That's incredibly disciplined of you to pick at your newly found cheese in such a manner.  I'm impressed!  Also impressed that you managed to buy it in Ontario - I thought raw dairy was completely illegal in Canada?!

Where are you in Ontario?  Great country!  I have fond memories of Thunder Bay, Ontario as part of my 1995 coast to coast backpacking trip.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 05:44:06 am »
Also impressed that you managed to buy it in Ontario - I thought raw dairy was completely illegal in Canada?!

Where are you in Ontario?  Great country!  I have fond memories of Thunder Bay, Ontario as part of my 1995 coast to coast backpacking trip.

Raw dairy IS illegal in Ontario, however many stores are allowed to sell fully-raw aged cheeses for SOME reason (I have seen it in a few supermarkets, many healthfood stores, and at Costco lol) :o I already had one from Switzerland (emmental) and one from Quebec (strong cheddar)...both were great. It's cool because I hate milk in any form anyway (so it wouldn't make me want to buy it even if it was raw) but although I don't like to consume a lot of dairy, I really really enjoy some good aged cheese it can be the best, especially if you want to have some type of comfort-food you can't beat a chunk of good aged cheese yummm!

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 05:51:21 am »

I am in Toronto, its a concrete jungle but I live on the outside of it so I have 2 huge parks on either side of my house each a five min walk away, with deer foxes etc. so I have the privilege of having some nature and being close to my beloved concrete jungle lol (I actually enjoy biking on busy streets and downtown it can be very mentally stimulating for me and fun, like a video game, go fast and between the cars and race with cars and other bikers, sense of danger too lol)

I think Ontario has some beautiful nature around, we always drive down various lakes to swim on the summer weekends.
However for nature vacations we usually head to Quebec and Nova Scotia, where the nature can be just breathtaking to say the least... I never get why Canadians go to Cuba for the summer or something like that, wtf, there is such beauty around here nature-wise, and I prefer the ruggedness of it as a pose to a tropical beachy-banana place anyway.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 04:46:18 pm »
Raw dairy IS illegal in Ontario, however many stores are allowed to sell fully-raw aged cheeses for SOME reason (I have seen it in a few supermarkets, many healthfood stores, and at Costco lol) :o I already had one from Switzerland (emmental) and one from Quebec (strong cheddar)...both were great. It's cool because I hate milk in any form anyway (so it wouldn't make me want to buy it even if it was raw) but although I don't like to consume a lot of dairy, I really really enjoy some good aged cheese it can be the best, especially if you want to have some type of comfort-food you can't beat a chunk of good aged cheese yummm!

I didn't realise that raw cheese was permissible.  That's great!  I agree that aged cheese can be one of the finest foods on occasion.  Some of the European artisan cheeses are quite wonderful.  Do you have access to any French or Spanish raw cheeses?

I am in Toronto, its a concrete jungle but I live on the outside of it so I have 2 huge parks on either side of my house each a five min walk away, with deer foxes etc. so I have the privilege of having some nature and being close to my beloved concrete jungle lol (I actually enjoy biking on busy streets and downtown it can be very mentally stimulating for me and fun, like a video game, go fast and between the cars and race with cars and other bikers, sense of danger too lol)

I stayed in Toronto for a couple of weeks as I actually really enjoyed the City.  I think it's a wonderful compromise to live on the edge of a City as you do so one gets to enjoy the best of both worlds.  I live in a similar location.  I'm surrounded by fields, woodland, off-road cycle tracks, wildlife etc yet am just a 30 min cycle ride from the City Centre and a 45 min drive from some heritage coastline.

I think Ontario has some beautiful nature around, we always drive down various lakes to swim on the summer weekends.
However for nature vacations we usually head to Quebec and Nova Scotia, where the nature can be just breathtaking to say the least... I never get why Canadians go to Cuba for the summer or something like that, wtf, there is such beauty around here nature-wise, and I prefer the ruggedness of it as a pose to a tropical beachy-banana place anyway.

You're certainly surrounded by far more breathtaking scenary than I am in my particular region of England.  I didn't see much of Quebec or Nova Scotia unfortunately but hope to on a return trip one day.

Although I, too, wonder at the attraction of 'beach holidays' I would very much like to visit Cuba for political and musical reasons.  But, I think Canada offers a lifetime of travel, adventure and discovery on it's own and there's probably little reason to ever leave! :)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 05:00:12 pm »
  But, I think Canada offers a lifetime of travel, adventure and discovery on it's own and there's probably little reason to ever leave! :)
Yes, definitely. The northern Canada is so marvelous and breathtaking...

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 06:39:12 pm »
Yes, definitely. The northern Canada is so marvelous and breathtaking...

Sadly, I didn't make it into the Northern territories during my visit but would love to do so on a subsequent trip.  Have you ever been to Canada Hannibal and, if so, visited the Northern territories?

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 08:20:08 pm »
  Have you ever been to Canada Hannibal and, if so, visited the Northern territories?
No, I've never been to Canada. But I've seen some movies, pics.
I hope that in the future I'll visit not only Canada, but also Alaska and some other interesting places. :)

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 03:49:19 am »
No, I've never been to Canada. But I've seen some movies, pics.
I hope that in the future I'll visit not only Canada, but also Alaska and some other interesting places. :)

I hope, too, that you manage to make it!  I haven't managed to return for 15 years but it's long overdue.  I'm sure you'd absolutely love the country and the people.  There sure are some interesting places in Northern Canada and Alaska.  We just need Yuli to invite us all over for a raw paleo get together?!  ;)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 04:38:31 am »
I have never been to Alaska yet, I can't wait to explore its rugged beauty!

A raw paleo get together would be awesome, especially in the summer in the nature of course  ;D

Here are some landscapes I took pics of in my time in a little town called Tadoussac in Quebec this summer...
If you like swimming in lakes, taking hikes, running barefoot on a long beach and climbing on rocks of all sorts this place is for you  :)
Also I saw lots of whales there just from the shore while climbing on the rocks, it was cool...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk