Author Topic: is this a raw food forum or a raw meat forum  (Read 8157 times)

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
is this a raw food forum or a raw meat forum
« on: October 15, 2010, 08:55:30 am »
 theres a difference. i know many raw meat eaters (3, to be exact) who emphasise eating raw meat but eat cooked vegetables and other cooked food, saying some foods are better cooked, like potatoes, but foods like meat, should be eaten raw

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: is this a raw food forum or a raw meat forum
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 09:03:27 am »
i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

people come from a variety of backgrounds (raw veg, cooked ZC etc...) so some raw is of most importance, others eating animals foods is most importance and don't sweat cooking as much. Yeah there are probably a third kind which pick and choose which things they believe represent either a traditional diet, or just a plain prefer a mishmash either for lifestyle reasons or possibly different nutritional beliefs.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 03:09:54 pm »
The main aim of members is to eat foods raw. The only people interested in eating cooked potatoes and the like seem to be a very few people doing heavy amounts of exercise and who want to bulk up and don`t think fruit does the  trick.  Naturally, others feel obliged to eat cooked foods with SMD-eating acquaintances, from time to time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 03:16:04 pm »
theres a difference. i know many raw meat eaters (3, to be exact) who emphasise eating raw meat but eat cooked vegetables and other cooked food, saying some foods are better cooked, like potatoes, but foods like meat, should be eaten raw

This a RAW PALEO forum.
RAW.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 09:08:27 pm »
    The three raw meat eaters, are they on this forum?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 10:04:29 pm »
potatoes are poisonous raw.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 06:28:06 am »
potatoes are poisonous raw.
The most poisonous part is any green spots and the spuds. But they are no more toxic than cooked, alkaloids (the toxin in potatos and other night shades) are not affected much by heat.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 06:37:48 am »
Not to mention, potatoes are mainly starch for carbs.

Raw starch is hard to digest and can make you sick if you eat too much of it.
Which is why people cook grains, green bananas, and potatoes etc.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 07:02:19 am »
Mmmm potatoes....fried in butter with the skins on...that used to be my fave starchy food -d
Whoever says they don't like cooked potatoes is a big liar  :P
Funny I used to get bad digestion from cooked grains, sugars, pasteurized dairy but NOT from potatoes, the only reason I am not still eating potatoes is because I don't want to consume starch and the fact that they only are good cooked and I want to consume 95% raw food only. But if I was forced to choose between having a large bowl of brown rice, or whole-grain pasta or fried/baked potato I'd definitely have to choose the potato. Eating a lot of rice or pasta now would definitely kill me, but I doubt the potatoes would have much effect except giving me starch overdose  -v

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 07:25:01 am »
Grains have been highly modified by man in the last few thousand years. Not so much with roots. I enjoy a lot of raw beets, turnips, carrots, radish, etc. Don't think they are altered much by cooking but still like them better raw.

This forum seems to emphasize the RAF raw animal food aspect and push omnivor to the back burner.
Naturally, Don

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 09:45:12 am »
I think this forum tends towards talking about eating raw meat because it's relatively novel. There are many raw vegan/vegetarian forums and websites and very few raw meat eating ones.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 10:34:02 am »
This forum seems to emphasize the RAF raw animal food aspect and push omnivor to the back burner.

Not really emphasizing, it's just a novelty for people to see raw meat being eaten.
I doubt anyone would be interested if we posted pics and videos of us eating raw fruit or raw veggies.
Besides, many of the moderators are omnivore.
And since we are all human, none of us are ever 100% carnivore all our lives.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 11:50:45 am »
Grains have been highly modified by man in the last few thousand years. Not so much with roots. I enjoy a lot of raw beets, turnips, carrots, radish, etc. Don't think they are altered much by cooking but still like them better raw.

Perhaps thats why I don't react as badly to potatoes then I do to grains.
I have to say I also love roots, salads with minced radishes (especially the big white Daikon's), carrots, brocolli and parsnips are one of my favorites. Its true except for the potatoes most of the other roots are delicious in their raw state. I do like to put fats like flax oil with the roots salads though.

It sure does, because general public has no issues eating veggies, fruit and nuts but they do have issues with raw meat, the fools!  l)
So this forum is one of the places where raw meat eaters can be open hence why subjects emphasize meat I think.
Personally I greatly enjoy being an omnivore! I can enjoy a meal of beef and fat, then later enjoy a big yummi salad, totally different sensations and tastes, this keeps variety in my diet and why I love eating this way.

Some people like the simplicity of eating just meat and fat every day in the same type of meal. Although this definitely works for some it does not for me, I like to rotate from red meat to eggs to fish to nuts to fruits to veggies (in no particular pattern). I don't find I think too much about what I want to eat, when I crave protein I know I definitely don't want a salad, when I start craving salads its because I have probably had my protein and fat fill from the last meal, when I crave oily fish and eggs I know I want some of that good omega-3 fats, if I start craving too much fruit its always because something went out of balance, which is simple to fix.... easy.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 01:29:55 pm »
Omnivore has its perks.

Yesterday I got along will with a vegetarian parent in my kids' school.  In the pot luck I ate her salad and commented that it was really good, and it really was good.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 01:51:22 pm »
    I love the colors, flavors and juiciness of fruit.  I feel less healthy after eating it.  I feel so healthy eating raw meat and fat, especially raw white meat.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 03:27:54 am »
This is a raw food forum, not a raw meat forum. From "What exactly is a Raw, Palaeolithic Diet?" (http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/what-exactly-is-a-raw-palaeolithic-diet/):

"RPD(Raw Palaeolithic Diet) forbids the consumption of Neolithic foods such as legumes,dairy or grains, whether raw or cooked. It also forbids the consumption of all cooked or processed foods.

Foods allowed/included on a raw, palaeolithic diet include raw muscle-meats, raw organ-meats, raw aged(ie “rotting”) meat,raw fruits, raw vegetables, raw nuts, raw fungi,  raw honey and  raw eggs. Such foods are invariably expected to be of high quality(eg:- raw meat must come from animals raised on organic/free-range status or come from wild animals). There are various, different factions within the raw, palaeolithic diet varying from Instinctos who favour a high-carb(c.80%(?) plant-food) rawpalaeo-approach to a raw, zero-carb(all-animal-food) approach."
[I think Tyler wrote this, though I'm not sure.]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:05:07 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 04:55:00 am »
There are various, different factions within the raw, palaeolithic diet varying from Instinctos who favour a high-carb(c.80%(?) plant-food) rawpalaeo-approach to a raw, zero-carb(all-animal-food) approach."

It’s contrary to the very principle of the instincto theory to state that it favors any percentage of carb, fat and proteins. Paleo hominids didn’t even know both what is percentage nor carbs, fat and proteins and they couldn’t care less about that. So do we, instinctos…  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 05:51:30 am »
When Yon and I were together we discovered we were more instinctive.
We would always ask one another what raw omnivorous food we felt like eating at the moment.
We were always near the wet market and were spoiled by choice.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 05:53:17 am »
Funny I used to get bad digestion from cooked grains, sugars, pasteurized dairy but NOT from potatoes,
Same here, I def do better with potatoes over grains, but do better with sweet potatoes over white potatoes, and squash over potatoes etc., cooked tubers were prob before grains which can explain this.

Wild raw meat, veggies and fruit before all of the above of course ;)

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 08:55:38 am »
If you pick up old National Geographic magazines around the 1920 or 1930 era whenever the expeditions encounter people eating raw animal foods in primitive areas they describe it in great detail and take lots of pictures. It was an everyday occurance for the indigenous people but strange & unique for the civilized explorers.

The eskimos were really good at the raw food thing. Birds, eggs, seafood, marine mammals. It's hard to start a fire and cook things on a glacier.
Naturally, Don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk