Author Topic: Raw Dairy? Who embraces it?  (Read 25285 times)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Dairy? Who embraces it?
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 06:47:21 pm »
But that still doesn't prove that having an occasional raw dairy treat without ever gorging will poison you
Of course not.
But couple of months ago, probably in June, I ate some raw butter and next day when I was working on my meadow I had a hay fever (I've got allergy towards grass). Not eating any dairy results in the lack of symptoms of my allergy. That's so simple.
It isn't poisonous, for sure, but the life is less comfortable.
Eating zero neolithic foods, zero dairy, makes my life much more better. :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 06:50:57 pm »
The above is, as before , nonsense. After all, it is not just babies who are particularly susceptible to raw dairy but adults too, even those who did not indulge in junk foods. I am thinking of those with genetic dieseases like galactosemia, among many others.  The idea that raw dairy allergies can solely be explained by the previous eating of junk foods or the overeating of raw or pasteurised dairy is just  ridiculous, therefore.

For the record, I was given raw buffalo milk as a child, and not in vast quantities at all.

As far as raw dairy is concerned, many people experience negative symptoms from it immediattely  as soon as they drink even a tiny bit. I get euphoric soon afterwards, plus experience frequent urination ( or chronic constipation in the case of raw cheese).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 07:27:36 pm »
I am thinking of those with genetic dieseases like galactosemia, among many others.  The idea that raw dairy allergies can solely be explained by the previous eating of junk foods or the overeating of raw or pasteurised dairy is just  ridiculous, therefore.

Well I was thinking of people with no genetic diseases that I can't pronounce or other problems whatsoever, no allergies or weird problems, what about these people, or do these people not count because they are not special....if they enjoy things occasionally without gorging, things like raw dairy, they can do so until very old age with out problems if they do it right, is that so hard to imagine or even just consider, considering they eat a very healthy diet and are healthy physically.

Stop putting words in my mouth, I never said that dairy allergies are SOLELY explained by previous eating of junk food, some people just have certain problems and can't eat things, so what! Like I said kids are born and have unexplained allergies, many things can affect your ability to eat something, humans don't completely understand everything and that is evident.

I experienced no negative effects from the occasional eating of raw dairy, just like I experience no negative effects from having some occasional glass of wine or piece of cooked meat (on a daily basis it is problematic obviously), I don't wake up with a hangover, I don't keep urinating, and it does not make me euphoric. Period.
I do experience negative effects from eating bread, pastries or processed foods, and after realizing that I no longer even think of eating them, and have lost all my craving for these foods, never mind gorging on them. I do experience positive effects from eating a diet high in raw meats.

Not everything is black and white, good and evil, things a little more complex then that.

But couple of months ago, probably in June, I ate some raw butter and next day when I was working on my meadow I had a hay fever (I've got allergy towards grass). Not eating any dairy results in the lack of symptoms of my allergy. That's so simple.
It isn't poisonous, for sure, but the life is less comfortable.
Eating zero neolithic foods, zero dairy, makes my life much more better. :)

If you can control allergies using a healthy and superior diet then thats awesome! I have never had any allergy to anything, all my problems that I was particularly annoyed with (sluggish digestion, being tired/low energy after eating, sugar cravings, being too hungry and occasional pimples) have been completely fixed by eliminating a cooked diet and grains, and that made my life better. Why should I completely remove dairy if its not causing me problems and I never want to gorge on it (I never gorged on it in any point in my life, except when I used to eat an occasional large amount of ice cream, which my body would make me regurgitate 2 minutes later), just because that has helped other people, that not a good reason for me. If I had allergies and problems after this, then I will try removing further things from my diet. I doubt that removing my occasional consumption of small amounts of dairy will will fix.....fix what? Besides exercising more and getting more muscles I don't want to fix anything else currently (at least not diet-wise), and exercising and gaining muscle is not in any way impeded by my occasional cheese treat thats for sure.

Anyways I am sick of this dairy argument, this is becoming like "mental masturbation" rather then discussion, eat a little or don't eat it, I think thats something that at least some people should be able figure out on their own, especially when they are at the point that they are successfully eating a diet of raw meat....

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010, 09:13:49 pm »
My brother and I drink a decent amount of milk and eat plenty of butter.  I have removed milk and dairy from my diet many times and re added it many times, often for up to years at a time.  I have never experienced addiction to dairy, when I was vegan I really wanted cheese but I also really wanted hamburgers and other treats.  I consume dairy in the quantities I do because it is affordable and keeps me healthy, I've done tons of experimentation with diet and I still continue to experiment.  So far dairy has treated me very good.

From what I've read regarding other peoples trials with dairy I'm one of the lucky ones.

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 11:18:42 pm »
all dairy from New Zealand, unless you live there, is pasteurised for sale in other countries.

The dairy in the experiment with the mice, was , on assumption was, pasteurised milk.

Raw milk can only be bought from a local farm etc, rarely shop brought.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 07:21:13 am »
I added raw milk to my raw paleo/primal diet this past spring. I buy 12 litres a week. I find it very beneficial, and don't experience any negative effects.

I think that in general, raw milk is a beneficial food for adult mammals, and that adult mammals who can't tolerate raw milk are the exception, not the rule. I know that such a view won't be very popular here. I came to it after thinking about the Pottenger cat feeding experiment, which demonstrates that raw milk has no negative effects on cats:

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/primal-diet/av-on-radio-on-the-web-link/msg43742/#msg43742

Tyler says that Pottenger can't be trusted. I'd be interested to know what others think.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 07:56:40 am »
Beyondveg.com has cited certain problems with the Pottenger study.More to the point, Pottenger's study did not attempt to determine if cats fed on raw meats but no raw dairy were healthier than cats fed on raw meats plus raw dairy.In other words, the studies were deliberately biased in order to make raw dairy seem a healthy food for humans. Not only did the study NOT prove that raw dairy was as good as raw meats for cats, but it also failed to prove that raw dairy was good for humans, given no human test subjects involved.

Also, the whole point of raw dairy is that it is species-specific. So, raw human mothers milk contains substances needed by human babies that no other milk has, while raw cows' milk is designed to help baby calves grow to adulthood within 2 years and so on. So, other kinds of raw milk invariably create problems for other species as a whole.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 08:19:48 am »
I added raw milk to my raw paleo/primal diet this past spring. I buy 12 litres a week. I find it very beneficial, and don't experience any negative effects.

I think that in general, raw milk is a beneficial food for adult mammals, and that adult mammals who can't tolerate raw milk are the exception, not the rule. I know that such a view won't be very popular here. I came to it after thinking about the Pottenger cat feeding experiment, which demonstrates that raw milk has no negative effects on cats:

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/primal-diet/av-on-radio-on-the-web-link/msg43742/#msg43742

Tyler says that Pottenger can't be trusted. I'd be interested to know what others think.

That's an interesting take, the theory that bodies with problems can't handle milk.

Me and another member couldn't stand milk (Swollen lymph nodes, ears getting stuffy, immediately after drinking dairy) then in both cases we did a long fast which improved our health greatly, and after that had NO problems what so ever with milk.

In fact I think I've drunk around 2-3 liters of milk today and I feel smashing.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 08:34:56 am »
I heart butter :).

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 03:15:02 pm »
I should have put this thread in hot topics long ago. Done so now.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Laddox

• Forager
  • Bone daddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2010, 04:25:16 pm »
Wow, got a little hot around here since i last posted....  8)

I only go through 2 litres every 4 days or so, so i don't think that is overdoing it....but i think i may cut it out for a month or 2
 (after reading all the 'hoo harr' earlier on in this thread) and see how that feels.

The milk is from jersey cows, and tastes pretty dam good. I eat the shit out of raw butter too, so maybe my total load of dairy is getting up there..? 
I also get a bit of no salt added raw goats cheese, which i hook into a bit ....hmmmm

I do crave dairy, so maybe there is a connection with some of the constipation i've been having on and off of late.

Forthehunt How long did you fast for?? , and how did you break you're fast? Juices? milk? ha ha ...
In reading the lives of great men, i found that the first victory they won was over themselves...Self discipline with all of them came first. -Harry S Truman.
I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work. -Thomas Edison
Time that you enjoyed wasting , is not wasted time. -Bertrand Russel
All the knowledge in the world is useless, without the wisdom in which to use it.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2010, 05:15:08 pm »
I do crave dairy, so maybe there is a connection with some of the constipation i've been having on and off of late. 
Aajonus said that in order to prevent constipation it's good to add equal amount of butter to the cheese that some eats.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 05:27:52 pm »
Aajonus said that in order to prevent constipation it's good to add equal amount of butter to the cheese that some eats.

But cheese already has so much fat in it... ???

Offline Laddox

• Forager
  • Bone daddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 05:30:19 pm »

Yeah, i got his books and i was doing that....plenty of each. But i still get the odd bout of constipation....sort of every 3rd or 4th BM.
I'm sure there is something i'm having too much/little of.....just gotta find it. I have noticed i don't have as many BM's as when i was on standard Aussie diet, which i think Lex explained in another thread....
 I'm pretty new to the raw primal/paleo thing so i guess i'm still experimenting/refining things that do and don't work for my system.
In reading the lives of great men, i found that the first victory they won was over themselves...Self discipline with all of them came first. -Harry S Truman.
I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work. -Thomas Edison
Time that you enjoyed wasting , is not wasted time. -Bertrand Russel
All the knowledge in the world is useless, without the wisdom in which to use it.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 05:32:25 pm »
But cheese already has so much fat in it... ???
Probably too little. Adding extra amount of butter is helpful.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 09:55:42 pm »
Wow, got a little hot around here since i last posted....  8)

I only go through 2 litres every 4 days or so, so i don't think that is overdoing it....but i think i may cut it out for a month or 2
 (after reading all the 'hoo harr' earlier on in this thread) and see how that feels.

The milk is from jersey cows, and tastes pretty dam good. I eat the shit out of raw butter too, so maybe my total load of dairy is getting up there..? 
I also get a bit of no salt added raw goats cheese, which i hook into a bit ....hmmmm

Forthehunt How long did you fast for?? , and how did you break you're fast? Juices? milk? ha ha ...

I've done multiple fasts. My longest one on nothing but water was for 12 days. Very beneficial but too long. I don't recommend fasting longer than 4-6 days actually.

The fast I'm talking about was a 5 day apple and applecider vinegar fast. Also very beneficial for my health.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2010, 10:58:30 pm »
I've done multiple fasts. My longest one on nothing but water was for 12 days. Very beneficial but too long. I don't recommend fasting longer than 4-6 days actually.

The fast I'm talking about was a 5 day apple and applecider vinegar fast. Also very beneficial for my health.
Out of curiosity would you consider yourself to be one who gains weight easily?
Cheers
Al

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:25 pm »
Out of curiosity would you consider yourself to be one who gains weight easily?

Yes and no. On RPD I don't gain weight easely. But I'm starting to think that's the way nature intended it.

On a grain SAD diet I can gain weight and muscle mass fairly adequately. Why do you ask?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2010, 01:10:30 am »
If by constipation you mean discomfort/bloating etc then I'd think increasing fat is more likely to exacerbate it.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2010, 01:17:01 am »
If you're getting bloated (or constantly constipated) by something do NOT eat it (I thought we learned that from SAD guys)...I think eating something that bloats you with tons of butter is just masking the problem, bad bad bad. So if dairy is bloating and constipating you, you're either:
A) Eating too much of it
B) Should not be eating it at all

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2010, 03:29:05 am »
So if dairy is bloating and constipating you, you're either:
A) Eating too much of it
B) Should not be eating it at all
That's very true.
One point I would add is too little pectins from fruits, which are the best kind of fiber for proper digestion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk