Author Topic: Living in the wild  (Read 67386 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Living in the wild
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:26:52 pm »
I think I am heading to the wild eventually. It's inevitable.

I want to go right now. Anyone interested in the same?
Killing that goose so easyy really opened my eyes a bit on how I could live off the land so easy.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Living in the wild
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:57:20 pm »
I want to go right now. Anyone interested in the same?
Yeah, definitely!
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Living in the wild
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:05:43 pm »
Yeah, definitely!

I'm gonna do it probably in Europe somewhere.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
Living in the wild
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:08:44 pm »
Anyone interested in the same?

of course! we got to. will be awesome

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Living in the wild
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 10:40:36 pm »
That's an idea....

It might be a cool. We have a few 20 something year old guys, my self included who really want to go out into the wild and live off the land for a while.

I was thinking canada or alaska at summer or perhaps try to join an indigenous tribe somewhere, africa, australia.. Although that might prove difficult

So far I'm thinking Sully, me, Miles, Hannibal, YonYonson or something who are all similar age and find this interesting.

I know for a fact that me, Sully and I think Hannibal are in pretty great shape, so hunting is definitely possible.

I'm also studying filmmaking, so I could document the process and make a documentary. Could be fun.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:49:16 pm by ForTheHunt »
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Living in the wild
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 12:25:23 am »

So far I'm thinking Sully, me, Miles, Hannibal, YonYonson or something who are all similar age and find this interesting.

I know for a fact that me, Sully and I think Hannibal are in pretty great shape, so hunting is definitely possible.

haha. In that case i'll be Mrs. Howell.
Someone will have to carry around my foot massage tank, lounge chair and sun umbrella, and Prada suitcases filled with all the latest outdoor fashions.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Living in the wild
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 01:43:00 am »

That's my shape.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Living in the wild
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 03:45:14 am »
That's my shape.
You look fit miles, you look ready to hunt, build shelters, and make tools.

I know some of you guys are in Europe which sucks.

This is getting off topic, is there a way you could move it to a new thread "living in the wild"

isn't there an exising thread?

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Living in the wild
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 03:50:33 am »
What about me?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:57:17 am by Hannibal »

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Living in the wild
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 04:16:19 am »
Nice build Hannibal, next time crop it above your underwear LOL  ;D

But I like the idea of this to be honest. I've always wanted to do this, but the plan has always been to go alone. Wouldn't be shabby to have a few like minded people coming along. Is anyone genuinely interested?
And as you can see I'm fit for fight aswell and I've hunted since I was kid, although always with a firearm

My idea has always been to survive in some abundant wood area for a few months.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 04:29:39 am »
it sounds like a great idea but without women it'll suck big time.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 04:35:25 am »
Nice build Hannibal, next time crop it above your underwear LOL  ;D

No next time wear smaller underwear! LOL

Is that you in the pic FTH? If so you look really fit, awesome!

I am probably going to be staying in the nature around Quebec for the next summer (not sure how long yet) and I was thinking I would try and live off the land there too. But it may be difficult to track down deer and rabbits for me there, there is so much trees and rocks, the land is very uneven lol, I am imagining it would be hard to run after those things in that environment. So I am going to probably fish instead, well most of the time, I'd have to bring a canoe and a fishing rod, and then I am set! There is lots of lakes there, there are also mussels, lots of mussels, and lots of frogs which are easy to catch, not to mention berries and mushrooms depending on the season.  :)

EDIT: oh and lots of ducks and other water birds, I could bring a bow and have some tasty Quack! for dinner, mmm fish, duck and frog for dessert  :D

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 04:40:18 am »
it sounds like a great idea but without women it'll suck big time.
Ioanna, Yuli, Cinna, Raw... needed!  8)

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 04:40:49 am »
Ioanna, Yuli, Cinna, Raw... needed!  8)

Yeah that'd be nice =>

Yeah Yuli that is me

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 04:46:20 am »
Is that you in the pic FTH? If so you look really fit, awesome
That's definitely me, in the flesh :)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 05:19:18 am »
I'm gonna do it probably in Europe somewhere.
miles will be in US jungle
bugs or country chickens

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 05:23:23 am »
this sounds fucking awesome. I would be sooooo game for this, and was pondering what i wanna do for a career the most (i am 21) and it keeps coming back to this lol (aka no career). I can hunt and run with the best of em, though i am a bit underweight atm (6'0/140), but that can easily be changed if i decide to start working my upper body, (all i focus on is legs and core cause i bike/play soccer/raquet sports/ju jitsu so no real need for huge shoulders atm).

I am like those lanky lean african bushmen u see in national geographic (cept white lol)
The price is wrong Bob

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 05:37:29 am »
I am like those lanky lean african bushmen u see in national geographic (cept white lol)

LOL...I am the female version of exactly that, tall & tiny but strong legs, a whiteafrican, even my hair is curly/frizzy but its light color, on a humid day I can put it as a Fro pretty easy...ha ha  O0

Edit: what is your background?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 07:08:05 am »
miles will be in US jungle

I need to marry someone in the USA then, or I will become an illegal after 6months and they'll hunt me down! Or maybe they would forget?

Is anyone genuinely interested?

Wherever I go, I'm going to start by/in the Spring of 2011.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:16:52 am by miles »

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 08:31:48 am »
I've considered the idea of living in the wild. But I don't want to completely remove myself from society. As a first step, I would like to take a vacation from society, and live in the wild for a short while. But this isn't practical for me right now. I'm a student. Maybe in the summer I can take a month off, but not much longer.

I think that living on a farm is a good compromise between nature and society.

I'm too shy to post a photo, but my build is somewhere in between that of Miles and Hannibal.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 08:52:15 am »
We will need some women of course.
It may be wise for the men to get adjusted, then have women come.
I am sure it could work either way.

If your going to be only eating wild foods, away from domestic breeds of fruit. It would be wise to adjust to zero carb before setting off into the wilderness. Or start during the time when a fruit is in season, to make sure transition is easy.

I'm up for, fully in the wild, or even part farm too. Either or, I would be happy.

For a farm we will need investors, the only investment I can make is my ability to work etc.
It can be hard for someone when they first do it.

I am in school bt really, I would leave now if someone had some land and said lets do this.
School is useless for my goal in life, I am poor now, I am going to be poor with a degree too.

If your on skype add me, suleiman abu qdairi. I am down to relocate too. It's about makeing life better and healthier.

Also if anyone is addicted to modern exercise, benches etc, that obviously won't be there. I am preparing myself. I only do these exercise now along with martial arts, climbing trees, and I do the exercises bare footed now too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsPBRjQXbFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qc4u1EcARU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU5BO2ubOhI
I need no equipemnt for exercise. Its in nature.
My physique is changing, but actually for the better. I feel its tuned for living in the wild

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 09:00:07 am »
Has anyone killed an animal with just simple tools or with hands?
That goose was the only thing I hunted primitivly. It was amazing. I feel truly connected with my food. The meat taste like pure blood.

A paleo farm sounds nice too. All I need is a place to lie my head. I would share a house with 10-15 people or even more. That actually sounds awsome. As long as they are raw paleo etc.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 09:01:38 am »
my arms and grip are definitly stronger, from my exercise, spear making is makeing me a beast

Edit: i hope we can do this in some way shape or form, you all sound like great people, it might be like meeting a clone, haha, finally meeting someone who eats raw meat and to share a meal,

i might start crying if i actuall get to do that,

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 09:21:00 am »
this is romantic, but not serious.   maybe short term but you can't make decent living out of it long term.

first of all you need private land, you can't live on federal land.  or you can move to siberia, no one will ever be looking for you there.

second,  remote places like these have no phones, hospitals, etc., even minor accidents can be deadly.

third, living primitive lifestyle, hunting and gathering, there is no entertainment whatsoever, unless you can dance and sing.

and lastly, even if you manage to find a woman who would be willing to go into such seclusion manage to have children, what kind of future is there?  are you going to start a new tribe?  those primitive tribes in amazon or similar, they don't do well when they meet civilization. and you can't hide forever.

there was a story of russian family that fled to siberia and lived there for 50 some years or something like that. when they got discovered they weren't doing too well.

cmon guys, be serious.

ask Ted Kaczynski if he had much fun living in the wild.

the right approach is to have lots of money, that way you can have any lifestyle you want and can have means to fall back to in case of emergencies or other needs.  otherwise this is not doable.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 09:34:39 am »
this is romantic, but not serious.  
I once read something that an explorer wrote I think. He said that the Eskimo/Inuit were one of the happiest people he came across, but they lived in the harshest of climates.

We all know its because of their diet.

People who know that they can survive off of raw meats and fats will definitly fair better as hunter gahterers.
It's not like I will be out there saying, "oh man, I wish I had a cheeseburger."

Although I'll admit, whats one to do if society discovers your tribe?
I guess, this is why having a community farm seems like the best option.
Entertainment? Hunting, gatherering, talking, connecting with the people in front of you. Like you said, singing, dancing, etc. A group of healthy people will ahve stronger minds than someone who eats sad and says, "oh gee, I want to live in the wild"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk