Author Topic: Deleting accounts  (Read 13872 times)

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Deleting accounts
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:55:33 pm »
How does one delete their account?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Deleting accounts
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 05:25:21 am »
Why, have you given up on raw Paleo?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 05:56:09 am »
Sort of. 

I haven't given up on the idea that it's useful to eat raw meat, and raw food in general.  The ideas put forward on this website are getting a little extreme and cult-ish for my tastes, though, so I'd rather not be associated with the site anymore.

Moderators, anyone, how can I delete this account?  Does one of the moderators need to do it for me?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 06:52:56 am »
Eric...once you've joined...you can never....ever...leave...
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 06:57:46 am »

LOL!!!

Thats it man, you're screwed for life  :P

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 07:25:09 am »
Before you leave, you must first have a sip of this refreshing kool-aid!
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 07:31:21 am »
lmao

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 07:39:59 am »
cult |k?lt|
noun
a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object : the cult of St. Olaf.
• a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister : a network of Satan-worshiping cults.
• a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing : a cult of personality surrounding the leaders.
• [usu. as adj. ] a person or thing that is popular or fashionable, esp. among a particular section of society : a cult film.

ya it is a cult i guess, as its a belief in a lifestyle, and we are "strange" to most. just deke once u hear talk off final commitment in form of kool aid :D i am a Christian and another def i found for cult is: "
"When we hear the word “cult,” we often think of a group that worships Satan, sacrifices animals, or takes part in evil, bizarre, and pagan rituals. However, in reality, most cults appear much more innocent. The specific Christian definition of a cult is “a religious group that denies one or more of the fundamentals of biblical truth.”

now as this is not a chat forum about religion/spirituality generally speaking but about health/food, i personally dont see it as such, but my dad does. so i dont balme u
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:45:19 am by andrew89jackson »
The price is wrong Bob

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 07:53:01 am »
There are plenty of religious Christian cults which  actually do follow the fundamentals of the Bible.There are a multitude of different interpretations in the Bible, many of which adhere strictly to the exact words set out in the Bible.  1 man's belief is another man's definition of  cult, basically. Purely arbitrary.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 07:55:19 am »
agreed, just do what feels right and is truth to u.
The price is wrong Bob

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 08:01:27 am »
Most people here are seeking truth and better health.
Call it what you want, but this forum is truly amazing.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 08:03:02 am »
On a serious note, I understand Eric's concern, especially since he used his real full name. I certainly wouldn't want a google search on my last name to show a web page about raw meat eating.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 08:05:49 am »
true. good thing i have a presidents name :D
The price is wrong Bob

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 08:07:01 am »
Sort of.  

I haven't given up on the idea that it's useful to eat raw meat, and raw food in general.  The ideas put forward on this website are getting a little extreme and cult-ish for my tastes, though, so I'd rather not be associated with the site anymore.
Understandable, given that you used your real name, as mentioned. Are you going to post at any other forums?

Another alternative you could do is to add notification to a few reasonable threads you're interested in and only check out the forum when you get an email notification of new posts to those threads, perhaps under a handle.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 08:16:51 am »
especially since he used his real full name

its not a good idea to use your real full name in any forum, cultist or not, especially on facebook its a good idea to use a bastardized version of your name on the Internet at all times...

Perhaps a better plan would be if the moderator agrees and Eric agrees, he can get his username changed to something less obvious, if possible using this software...I suggest "Gerzic" lol

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 08:52:36 am »
Eric - I sent you a message.

Yuli - Why would you not use your real name?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 09:01:23 am »
There's a few reasons...
For example everyone knows about Facebook, lets say I am trying to land a certain job, and my employer searches my name on Facebook, now they can see my pictures, some of my info etc...
Theres other reasons why I wouldn't want my name to be searchable, like people trying to find out information about me for no good reason etc
If I want to tell something about myself I'll tell people myself, no reason for them to hunt for info  :P

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 09:10:17 am »
Thanks SD, I tried your suggestions but was neither able to change the username nor delete the account.  Would one of the moderators of this forum please either tell me how to delete this account or do it for me?

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 09:23:38 am »
we know, we're on it... we've been on it.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 09:26:33 am »
Thanks SD, I tried your suggestions but was neither able to change the username nor delete the account.  Would one of the moderators of this forum please either tell me how to delete this account or do it for me?
An admin account is need to delete a user or change a user's name. Mods can ban or moderate threads and that's about it. GS will perform what he will when he has a chance.
FWIW the mods/admins prefer to not delete accounts if possible as it makes reviewing past threads much more difficult. A name change is much more likely to occur. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 09:28:47 am »
There's a few reasons...
For example everyone knows about Facebook, lets say I am trying to land a certain job, and my employer searches my name on Facebook, now they can see my pictures, some of my info etc...
Theres other reasons why I wouldn't want my name to be searchable, like people trying to find out information about me for no good reason etc
If I want to tell something about myself I'll tell people myself, no reason for them to hunt for info  :P
Different strokes for different folks. I live my life in a way that I want and do not apologize for it or care to hide it.
I wouldn't want the job if they would discriminate against me for something that I do/am/support. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:08 am »
GS is in charge of such things. He will no doubt deal with it when he next visits the forum.

My own observations:-  while it makes sense to change the username(it is a really bad idea to constantly use one's real name online, after all), I do think that  any requests to delete accounts or to delete old posts are unacceptable. Removing old posts would mean that other members would not be able to understand any past threads in which such posts formerly featured. And deleting the account also causes hassles as, currently, the only really  reliable way to check for past threads(searchwords are largely useless it seems) is to check the "past posts" link of a member's profile, and that cannot be done, of course, if the accounts of  prominent posters in the relevant thread are deleted.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 09:48:56 am »
If the best I can do is have my username changed, then I suppose I'll have to live with it.  Perhaps GS can change it to "Sitting coyote" when next he has a chance.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 09:59:41 am »
Different strokes for different folks. I live my life in a way that I want and do not apologize for it or care to hide it.
I wouldn't want the job if they would discriminate against me for something that I do/am/support. :)
Same here

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 10:09:59 am »

Actually I rarely apologize or hide things to people I communicate with in person and online...so I guess its like more about having control of what one can search on you. Also sometimes its useful to not reveal certain things in certain situations.
Also its a bit crazy, but I imagine research companies searching your name and finding data etc. not necessarily bad, but I like my life to remain a little up the imagination of people I don't even know...and I don't care to provide info for any info. gathering that may be going on.

Also sometimes if its a good job or a contract offering excellent pay, who cares if whoever hired you is an asshole, lets say some guy didn't hire me cause I have pics of me at the weed march, and he's one of those weed paranoids, he searches me and then he sees those pics and decides to hire some other prick. So just by not revealing information you can make your money and move on.

Another way to look at it is if you were hired by above mentioned sample, the weed paranoid boss, and you complete your contract and do great work, the boss is happy, then you can reveal info. ie. "by the way I had fun at the weed march"...and he may think "hmmm, maybe I should not discriminate so much"...or if he has a real pickle up his backside...he will get annoyed, you got good money and on top of it either pissed this boss off (fun)...or he used his brain more (cool)....

Perhaps I am over-thinking this but thats why it can be useful to not always use your real full name online.  :o

Or if you think about it its useful in other situations/not online.
For example lets say some girl worked as a nude dancer to make money for college. This is a good time to use a fake name. I knew a girl like that actually, and she made very good money and then went off to college, she was broke/poor before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk