Author Topic: Creativity  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Creativity
« on: December 12, 2010, 08:30:12 am »
Raw Paleo makes me feel healthy and positive, but to be quite honest I have had much more creativity when I've fucked things up...hungover, caffeinated, carbed up...I seem to write and compose more easily and pull together ideas better.

Is this something that changes as you get into 1 year plus of raw paleo, or is it simply that modern vices give you an abuse-fuelled creativity that you simply can't get from being healthy?

Offline Hannah

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Creativity
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:43:46 am »
I'm no expert, but I would think that the only thing that the drugs are doing for you are clearing away all of the excess so you can tap into your creativity. You might try sensory deprivation. Lower the lights, float in water close to your body temp, play white noise,breathe deeply and meditate. then get up and focus on the colors you saw during meditation instead of the daily distractions. Then see what happens. I heard cannibis was ok under paleo if nothing else works. :)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:20:07 am »
My work depends on my creativity so if I feel low on creativity cannabis gives me a great creative boost, I am and will always be a cannabis user till the day I die because it works so well with the left side of my brain, sometimes I will use coffee for that effect as well.
I do know if you end up OBSESSING about raw paleo then your creativity will go down, thats exactly what happened to me on this diet and for a short while it discouraged me, so try to not obsess over your diet if you do.
If I think too much about my diet and health I do forget to use my creative side to its fullest, thats why I like what I call "friendly vices" lol
Tribes have used similar "friendly vices" and poisons for similar reasons.
I try to keep myself at 90% health, never 100% health though, because that requires obsession and stops other interesting brain processes, a little toxins seem to be useful in some circumstances, but not bad to the point that I suffer, its hard to know the maximum level so some assembly required.
It also helps to empty your mind of everyday worries and things like that, whatever helps to empty your mind, whether its taking a hot bath, sleeping a long sleep, yoga, weed, sex, some alcohol, I say go for it!
But I do realise that this sounds like bad advice feel free to disregard  :o

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:30:33 am »
Cooked foods contain opioids which affect the brain. Having said that, from what I've heard from previous drug-users, in most cases, they get great ideas, but they hardly ever carry them out properly as they lose any kind of drive/initiative  from the drug.

I actually get greater creativity when I am doing whole-day fasts or consuming "high-meat". My mind becomes more alert , concentration-levels soar etc.  Eating raw or cooked foods in great quantity makes my mind more sluggish.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 10:03:09 am »
Cooked foods contain opioids which affect the brain. Having said that, from what I've heard from previous drug-users, in most cases, they get great ideas, but they hardly ever carry them out properly as they lose any kind of drive/initiative  from the drug.

Ha of course ex-drug users will say that, you think they'll say anything positive about something that they did to the point they had to quit completely....Ex-drug users were likely abusers not regular users (they certainly did not have respect for their health at the time) hence why they could not take their "great ideas" to completion. Instead of being obsessed with health they became obsessed with drugs, IMO both are equally bad for CREATING. Instead become obsessed with your idea and finishing it to completion, then you will find ways to do it and to get your mind working on it, no matter if you do some drugs or are 100% raw clean, it really doesn't matter when its time to work on creating a work of art, what matters is putting the right brainpower to work on that idea and not being distracted. Whatever else you do matters little, take a look at some of the best creators, they ate cooked food and did some drug or other, it didn't stop them.
Personally when I work on an idea I get extreme pleasure from working on it and seeing it completed, not just from having the idea as I get ideas all the time so thats not exciting lol.

I actually get greater creativity when I am doing whole-day fasts or consuming "high-meat". My mind becomes more alert , concentration-levels soar etc.  Eating raw or cooked foods in great quantity makes my mind more sluggish.

Me too, I don't fast but eating too much of anything will make my creative side sluggish like everything else. I'd do better being creative having a beer and smoking a joint all day and not as good if I ate 6 pounds of raw meat, but usually I do best if I just have enough HEALTHY food but not too much lol

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 10:19:40 am »
Fasts pump up my creativity, especially when paired with physical exertion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk