Author Topic: cooked meat is addictive  (Read 9971 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
cooked meat is addictive
« on: December 25, 2010, 04:56:04 am »
I have a personal observation that proves cooked meat is addictive.
My 11 month old has been eating raw pieces of meat and fat for the last 3 months and loved it. Just recently my wife has been giving her cooked eggs and bacon for breakfast, and now she will reject raw meat and eat cooked, she still likes raw marrow but wont eat raw trimmings. It surprised me how fast her taste for food has changed within just a couple of weeks of eatting cooked.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: cooked meat is addictive
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 05:02:02 am »
Kids are very habit forming with eating and if they find a strong taste they like they will stick to it, one of the reasons they become candy junkies. Is there a reason you started feeding your kid cooked if he/she was already loving raw?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 05:06:17 am »
I don't  know maybee I jumped to conclusions she is gnawing on a hunk of lamb and seems very happy, perhaps she just didn't like the Deer and suet I was feeding her earlier, I agree the lamb belly is far better tasting.  Although her appetite for cooked foods does worry me, I will try to be less obsessive.

It is more convienient for my wife to make meals for all three and my son likes cooked eggs and bacon so its a matter of maternal care, she does so much for me that I dont want to bicker about a little home cooking. I have managed to get him to eat seared meats which is a hallmark moment for me.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 05:14:03 am »
Don't worry, cooked meats have a very strong taste, this is why a lot of kids love them, to your kid thats like the "candy" version of the raw meats meats, so I would say handle it as a treat...ie. "eat your meal of marrow and raw deer and tonight mom will make you a sunny side up egg for desert"....something along those lines. Also I think their taste will change many times as they get older, just keep feeding her healthy food and she will make better choices then other SAD kids, thats for sure.
I think by treating raw meats as food and cooked meats as treats your kid can learn what to eat right but not feel deprived of treats which may make her frustrated.
PS. I find kids go crazy for fried eggs or salmon....even my friend's SAD sugar addicted kid goes nuts when I sleep over there and make her salmon or eggs...

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 08:34:40 am »
Don't worry, cooked meats have a very strong taste, this is why a lot of kids love them, to your kid thats like the "candy" version of the raw meats meats, so I would say handle it as a treat...ie. "eat your meal of marrow and raw deer and tonight mom will make you a sunny side up egg for desert"....something along those lines. Also I think their taste will change many times as they get older, just keep feeding her healthy food and she will make better choices then other SAD kids, thats for sure.
I think by treating raw meats as food and cooked meats as treats your kid can learn what to eat right but not feel deprived of treats which may make her frustrated.
PS. I find kids go crazy for fried eggs or salmon....even my friend's SAD sugar addicted kid goes nuts when I sleep over there and make her salmon or eggs...
Kids go crazy for fish...? Not the ones that I know.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 10:18:58 am »
My kids like fish and my son really loves steamed shrimp (its one of his favorite foods, I wish I could get it for him more often), as well as scallops soaked in butter with a squirt of lemon juice. He was already 3 when I started this diet so his first foods were cooked. I will cook his eggs in lamb fat (I slow render my own and soak a lot of their food in it).

I believe children with pristine constitutions can thrive off of a mixed diet as long as it is done wisely and problem foods and junk foods are strictly limited and raw animal food made available.

I have been able to shift my sons tastes so that now he loves to eat things rare or even just seared. It's a big step for him. My girls will eat what I eat with no complaints, I believe because they were much younger when I began this diet (newborn and 15 months). 

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 10:36:27 am »
I personally get addicted to any food I eat that tastes good. Raw meat is no exception.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 10:51:22 am »
I had cooked roast beef a few days ago, i had not touched any cooked meat in about 3 months and as a result, i got diarrhea. I never had diarrhea when i was Cooked-ZC last year. Seems like my stomach can't handle cooked meat anymore. Has this happened to anyone?

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 11:10:03 am »
I had cooked roast beef a few days ago, i had not touched any cooked meat in about 3 months and as a result, i got diarrhea. I never had diarrhea when i was Cooked-ZC last year. Seems like my stomach can't handle cooked meat anymore. Has this happened to anyone?

yes!, and i don't get it  :'(  it's not like i'm eating oreos or something.. i'm entirely frustrated!  i've actually never even eaten oreos in my life, but i'm beginning to wonder what would happen if i did.  why do i have to get so f'ing sick????  and why can't i just get fat  instead??? makes me feel like i'm not not even human.  i mean, isn't everyone else here eating raw meat as a choice?.. eating cooked meat may not be ideal, but it's not like it would set you back considerably?  argh!.. i'm so frustrated! 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 02:11:24 pm »
Make the experiment and check if the addiction is more to condiments rather than cooked.

Feed your baby some cooked UNCONDIMENTED meat and see.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 05:16:40 pm »
I have a personal observation that proves cooked meat is addictive.
My 11 month old has been eating raw pieces of meat and fat for the last 3 months and loved it. Just recently my wife has been giving her cooked eggs and bacon for breakfast, and now she will reject raw meat and eat cooked, she still likes raw marrow but wont eat raw trimmings. It surprised me how fast her taste for food has changed within just a couple of weeks of eatting cooked.

Yeah, that's just what happen to the entire human race after they were clever enough to master the fire and start grilling the food. It's an irreversible process until we finally understand what happened.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 02:15:30 pm »
Is it possible that it has to do with free glutamic acid? Cooking probably increases free glutamic acid contributing to that savory taste. Think about processed foods nowadays with MSG. They are addictive.

Free glutamates = bad :P

It's just a hunch so maybe or maybe not. :)

All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 03:26:25 pm »
Yeah, that's just what happen to the entire human race after they were clever enough to master the fire and start grilling the food. It's an irreversible process until we finally understand what happened.
Does make you think, however. Maybe intelligent species are supposed to cook their food. If not, then why would everything work out so well, including tasting so much better? (I am in no way challenging a raw meat diet or anything, I am just thinking and all)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 03:27:19 pm »
Does make you think, however. Maybe intelligent species are supposed to cook their food. If not, then why would everything work out so well, including tasting so much better? (I am in no way challenging a raw meat diet or anything, I am just thinking and all)

To me, raw meat tastes better...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 03:46:31 pm »
To me, raw meat tastes better...
Okay, maybe I am wrong. But at least for me. Might be that way because I always ate cooked meat when I was younger.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 06:15:55 pm »

Okay, maybe I am wrong. But at least for me. Might be that way because I always ate cooked meat when I was younger.

The experience shows that it's that way as long as our body is in a state of overload of some nutrients contained in the raw stuff. It's not appealing till that overload is gone. In most cases, if the raw meat is not appealing, it’s probably due to an overload of proteins from dairy or any cooked food containing proteins.

We can explain why the whole humanity fell into the cooking habit once we understand that cooked and seasoned food can be eaten in excessive amounts (overriding the instinctive stop),  while raw unseasoned food cannot.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 06:40:32 pm »

I always ate cooked meat when I was younger, and I ate cooked meat paleo with ~800-1200g cooked meat per day for somewhere between 1 and 2 years prior to switching to raw meat ~11 months ago. I always enjoyed cooked meat, but then I had raw meat and I enjoyed it much more.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 07:15:42 pm »
Actually, taste habits are  built up from decades of past consumption and also are dependent on what the mother is fed during pregnancy. There was this study I referred to a while back which showed that babies whose mothers had previously fed on aniseed during pregnancy, had a greater liking for aniseed than babies whose mothers had not eaten such fare while pregnant.

There is also the point that cooking creates addictive opioids which affect the brain, raising dopamine levels in the brain etc., thus affecting mood etc. That would increase the appeal of cooking.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 08:45:37 pm »
Was reading up on Wai and found this
"HCAs originate by heating protein, and are also addictive and appetite enhancing, amongst other things."
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 09:30:04 pm »
Is it possible that it has to do with free glutamic acid? Cooking probably increases free glutamic acid contributing to that savory taste. Think about processed foods nowadays with MSG. They are addictive.

Free glutamates = bad :P

It's just a hunch so maybe or maybe not. :)

If that's true it might have something to do with it. Makes intuitive sense.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 04:22:38 pm »
Don't worry, cooked meats have a very strong taste, this is why a lot of kids love them, to your kid thats like the "candy" version of the raw meats meats, so I would say handle it as a treat
High meats have got much stronger taste so the Inuit children consider them as mouth-watering. :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk