Author Topic: im doing well.. heres what im doing =)  (Read 12061 times)

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
im doing well.. heres what im doing =)
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:33:50 pm »
i figure this post my help someone.. Ive been eating raw for 3 weeks now and i feel great.. my face is almost clear.. i dont even need much sleep to feel good.. my mood is 100% better.. Im also working out and i actually im now 174lbs.. my original weight was 167lbs.. i thought i would lose weight but i didnt lose any weight when i moved to high fat.. heres what im doing...

Basically, i wake up, take some probiotics before meal
2hr later - 12 egg yolks(fertile eggs), mixed with honey, raw liver powder, lemon
few hrs later - grassfed steak(either new york or ribeye), with around 600-800 calories worth of backfat
few hrs later - 100g carbs(sweet potato)
Later another grassfed steak with backfat/marrow
b4 bed - 12 egg yolks again(the same mixture)

Out of this, i know the honey might not be ideal, and the sweet potato might not be ideal either.. But i found out i do better with little carbs.. I do weightlift, and instead of doing carbo loading or any of that, i just eat around 100g of carbs daily and my lifts have gone up, and my weight is going up, while my waist is going down...

SO if anyone is strugging with what to eat, just eat a lot of raw meat with good fat(i order fat from northstarbison), and throw in some carbs to make u feel better.. I was always dizzy without the carbs, so i figured id take some... taking the carbs also spares the protein/muscle, and i know my muscle gain has to do 100% with the carbs..

Ive done zero carb before and i kept losing weight and couldnt even gain 1lb in 2 weeks, but throw in some good carbs and there ya go... ALso im not drinking soda or anything, i picked sweet potatoes because it takes me 20mins to lightly cook them in the pan, plus its all glucose.. im not a big fan of fructose..

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: im doing well.. heres what im doing =)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:41:26 pm »
are you eating 100g of potatoes or 100g of carbs from potatoes?

100g of sweet potato contains about 20g of carbs.

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:44:00 pm »
well i dont weigh it really, but i eat a whole sweet potato, and if i were to weigh it, it'll probably clock in at 400g, so around ~100g of carbs from the potatoes

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 11:48:10 pm »
Interesting...
Since this isn't completely raw paleo, nor zero carb, it should go to Hot Topics.

? liver powder ?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 11:58:00 pm »
Well, its almost raw paleo.. the only thing i cook is potatoes.. but 90% of my calories are from, raw beef, fat, raw honey..

yeah liver powder is good stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Liver-Powder-12-Ounce/dp/B000CFMQ32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293638104&sr=8-1

It is made via low heat.. im guessing they basically get the liver, dry it, and then ground it up.. i love this because i cant eat liver on its own, the taste/texture gets to me.. but with the powder i can down tablespoons of it in one shake.. and it has no preservatives or anything, just 100% grass fed argentinian beef liver,

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 12:13:45 am »
Thanks for the liver powder link.
I never knew such a thing existed.
Could be interesting to help heal B12 deficient people who have no access to clean raw liver.
Just don't know how potent liver powder is compared to really raw liver.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 12:44:53 am »
I eat a smoothy of eggs, milk and wild reindeer liver a few times a week. Does the body good.

Although it taste absolutely horrid.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 01:13:01 am »
I'm in the same boat, here, besides the weight gain (I don't have anything to weight myself with). I think I've been on the diet for at least 3 to 4 weeks now and am feeling what you're feeling, plus no more acne!

Since I don't have so many sources for high quality animal fats at the moment, I've been drinking shots of organic extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil throughout the day when it is ideal according to what I eat and when I eat and also I eat uncured and un-smoked organic bacon. The fat specifically from the bacon gives me so much energy, I know I need more raw animal fats..

I wish I could eat eggs.. I wonder if I still have a sensitivity to them when eaten raw..

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 01:57:49 am »
regular raw eggs were messing with me.. until i found and upgraded to fertile eggs.. feels so much better :-)

also raw liver powder is good stuff. they process it with low heat to make sure the nutrients are kept in tact... and yes this diet is an acne killer =)

my face is clear, sans one little bump..

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 02:04:51 am »
Thanks for the liver powder link.
I never knew such a thing existed.
Could be interesting to help heal B12 deficient people who have no access to clean raw liver.
Just don't know how potent liver powder is compared to really raw liver.

im sure it isnt AS potent as real raw liver, but heck its close.. the fact the company doesnt use high heat, shows they know what they are doing.. top it off with the fact i can easily take more of this.. its def helping.. i feel an energy boost when i do take it..

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 02:31:29 am »
Why potatoes when you can get good amount of carbs and nutrients through fruits!!!

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 03:01:27 am »
because i dont do well with fructose sugar.. makes me break out.. also glucose feeds muscles better than fructose..

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 06:59:26 am »
I wish I could eat eggs.. I wonder if I still have a sensitivity to them when eaten raw..

My driver says he has problems with regular factory chicken eggs.
I had him drink raw fertilized DUCK eggs and he had no allergic reactions whatsoever.

Try DUCK eggs.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 07:33:21 am »
My driver says he has problems with regular factory chicken eggs.
I had him drink raw fertilized DUCK eggs and he had no allergic reactions whatsoever.

Try DUCK eggs.
The duck eggs I get in the UK are, however, often substandard, in some cases worse than chicken eggs(although none were fertilised, admittedly). I have also heard that duck farming is even more intensive and low-quality than chicken-farming on the whole. I'm sure that duck eggs are fine in the Phillipines, though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 08:35:24 am »
get fertile eggs.. i switched and they r great. they sell em at whole foods..

im eating 24 egg yolks everyday  O0

Busgrw

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 02:45:11 pm »
get fertile eggs.. i switched and they r great. they sell em at whole foods..

im eating 24 egg yolks everyday  O0

Anyone know where to get fertile eggs in the UK?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 04:13:05 pm »
Anyone know where to get fertile eggs in the UK?
Well I've searched around and, unfortunately, things like genuinely pastured pigs or fertile raw eggs seem unknown in the UK. If anyone knows of any sources near London, I would be most grateful to hear about them.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:46 pm »
also glucose feeds muscles better than fructose..
That's oversimplification.
The best ratio between glucose and fructose is 1:1.
Honey is an ideal builder of glycogen stores because its sugar is composed of a 1:1 ratio of glucose to fructose. The fructose unlocks the proper enzymes in the liver to allow the glucose to store as glycogen. This can profoundly increase recovery time as well as provide an ideal pre race fuel. Furthermore there has been research done with athletes to ascertain if honey could be used as an ergogenic aid (athletic performance aid). The athletes who consumed protein shakes with honey had more stable blood sugar, glycogen restoration, faster recovery, and more sustained energy than the group who consumed sugar or maltodextrin with protein shakes.”
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/primal-diet/why-honey%27s-good-for-you-aajonus-explains/msg26176/#msg26176
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline BlueEyedDevil

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 12:17:20 am »
I've been making liver powder myself. (I just put raw organs meats in a dehydrator and then pulverize it in a Vita-Mix)

Beef liver is the most protein rich and nutrient-dense food there is gram for gram. 100g of it is more than enough of the RDI of the fat-vitamin A, so it's a issue of overdosing and toxicity I guess.

Now my question. How to remove the fat from liver? Like the dessicated liver tablets. So I can use raw beef liver powder as a protein powder and my main protein source?

Does anybody know? Please help!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 01:26:28 am »
Why bother making powder?

Eat it raw.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 01:54:48 am »
Why bother making powder?

Eat it raw.

My thoughts exactly
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 04:57:38 am »
I am doing great on RPD. I see some people wherethey raise simple animals like goats, ducks and chickens in their backyard and sell them $300 dozen. Unbelievable! But myconcern is these are not wild game, these people keep their backyard shaddy with big big trees and these animals deprive to have enough sunlight even the eggs are fertyle.Anyway, I also  keep myself off from any type of potatoes including sweet potatoes.eat entirev animal and you will get entire nutrients from it.
bugs or country chickens

CitrusHigh

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 08:28:46 am »
Well I've searched around and, unfortunately, things like genuinely pastured pigs or fertile raw eggs seem unknown in the UK. If anyone knows of any sources near London, I would be most grateful to hear about them.

I've not been able to confirm any benefit from fertile eggs, though all of our truly free range eggs we produce on our farm are fertile. Anyone have some solid evidence? Becaue I've not be able to find much and it's mostly anecdotal for or neutral.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 12:02:36 pm »
I've not been able to confirm any benefit from fertile eggs, though all of our truly free range eggs we produce on our farm are fertile. Anyone have some solid evidence? Becaue I've not be able to find much and it's mostly anecdotal for or neutral.
  "Biotin deficiency, associated with the feeding of unfertilized, uncooked chicken eggs, has been reported in helodermatids, some varanids, tegus, and larger skinks. Anorexia and weakness are the primary signs. Avidin, an antibiotin substance, is found in ovalbumin. Feeding fertilized eggs reduces the amount of avidin in the egg, and biotin supplementation reduces the frequency of the condition."

The Merck Veterinary Manual
http://merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/171406.htm

However, the anecdotal evidence re raw eggs and humans is that biotin deficiency is extremely difficult to get unless one is eating 24+ raw egg-whites a day. The yolk contains enough biotin for the avidin issue not to matter.

My main concern is that chickens come from birds with a mutated gene that got them to lay eggs all year round, instead of annually for a few weeks like most birds. So I don't view even eating raw, pastured eggs as ideal.

" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 12:31:30 pm »
"My main concern is that chickens come from birds with a mutated gene that got them to lay eggs all year round, instead of annually for a few weeks like most birds. So I don't view even eating raw, pastured eggs as ideal."

Forgive me, but aren't you a darwinian evolutionaut? I thought that kind of mutation would be considered a good thing evolutionarily speaking? That is separate from how it affects us dietarily speaking, but you don't hear the snake bitching when her prey mutates an advantage to become more abundant.

Unless you know something about the mutation that definitely impacts us negatively healthwise.

And thank you so much for looking that up! Really appreciate it Ty!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk