Author Topic: Raw Vegan vs Paleo  (Read 36600 times)

Offline Stancel

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Vegan vs Paleo
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2011, 08:09:52 am »
Sometimes small lizards come into the house. I am very good at catching them with my hands. I haven't eaten them, though, just using it as an example...and of course insects are very easy to catch. The eating of small animals likely extends far back in primate evolution, way before the eating of large animals. This would suggest that omnivorism is much more rooted in our biology than we think.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2011, 08:23:28 am »
Where can i read the history of those members you are referring to?

Check out the journals.The ones I read were Lex Rooker's and Actionhero's.They both have had good success.

"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2011, 08:46:34 am »
Sometimes small lizards come into the house. I am very good at catching them with my hands. I haven't eaten them, though, just using it as an example...and of course insects are very easy to catch. The eating of small animals likely extends far back in primate evolution, way before the eating of large animals. This would suggest that omnivorism is much more rooted in our biology than we think.

All modern mammals are descended from small insectivorous ancestors, likely further descended from carnivorous reptiles that depended on large prey. The fact that humans evolved recently from omnivorous apes probably explains the omnivore-like anatomy.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2011, 03:09:00 pm »
Hi Caveman,

i would just like to point out that i am not a vegan. I am just debating and asking questions.

Another thing that vegans claim, and again one more time with a feeling, science smiles at them, is that there is nothing that meat provides from nutrients that you cant get from vegetable sources or fruits only in a cleaner state.

Did you know that by putting our bodies and minds under such tension during the hunting, we are secreting more and more adrenaline which is a poison in greater amounts than normal. When we hunt down an animal, the animal which is slaughtered also secretes large amounts of adrenaline due to fear and that's what we get when we eat its meat.

The vegans say that. And science confirms this.
First of all David, aren't you an active member on 30 bananas a day? I read up on that site every now and then and Im pretty sure Ive seen you. The truth is a lot of the members here have tried the fruitarian lifestyle, we followed the "rules" of eating that way and it failed us so we turned to raw paleo.

I love how vegans say theres all of this proof about things like the adrenaline in meat, some are true but most are absolute BS. Even your adrenaline in meat statement, if you try to google it Im pretty sure all your going to find is a bunch of vegan and vegetarian sites saying this but no actual study confirming this. Not to mention the fact that any natural hormore in foods would most likely simply digested instead of utilized directly.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 03:19:43 pm »
One of DurianRider/Harley
's stooges? Well, his attempt was rather pathetic. Why they even
bother is puzzling, when they must know by now that at least half of us are ex-raw vegans/fruitarians.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2011, 04:28:18 pm »
So, it is reasonably certain that Intelligence dropped when the Neolithic era came about.

For sure, the proportion of morons in the actual human population is huge – probably even greater than that of sick and obese ones. As you say, all those would have been eliminated by natural selection. Intelligence helps to survive in the wild.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2011, 04:36:39 pm »
bother is puzzling, when they must know by now that at least half of us are ex-raw vegans/fruitarians.

Well I have no idea on his status in the community, just that hes an active part of it. The funny part is that they started a discussion about if anyone has been on the paleo diet and none of them have. I dont understand how they honestly can say that our diet sucks when they haven't even tried it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2011, 04:56:10 pm »

he tried to give his dog a banana in a video lmao. It didn't eat it. I commented, and said hopefully our feeding them raw meat. He blocked me. He tries to comment on my video directed towards him. I won't block him, he is ridiculous

Offline David Howe Returns

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »

Tylar, Kurite
I was exiled from there (30 BAD), for the same reasons i was exiled from here with my first account; asking too many forbidden questions.
This place is flooded with moderators, super moderators, global moderators and God knows what. I am asking you guys to give me a chance to stay with you on the forum. I am not a vegan, and i am still experimenting with diets. I have been on a raw diet for only one month now. I thought i made this clear in my brief intro thread.

I am an inquisitive man, i ask alot of questions. I address you with my doubts so that i hear your best and most sincere answers. I have been reading those answers and i must say i havent thought about the whole thing from your perspective. You guys say you were vegans; tried it and found it to be bad; well i am saying i was never a vegan and i only ask to be given a chance to learn from the best. You guys obviously have years of experience ahead of me, and i d rather learn from the mistakes of others than let my body pay the price.

I dont know why i was banned, i hope i am not banned again and if i were, i ll not bother and register again, you can have my word on that. I thought this section was for debates / threads like that.

Thanks,
David

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 06:22:40 pm by David Howe Returns »

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2011, 06:53:14 pm »
Not sure why you were banned David, but still back to the topic, do you have any actual data about the adrenaline in meat idea? What evidence is there that it has any negative effect on our health? I already know the answer just kinda wanna show you that vegans really make up a bunch of sh!t that makes sense enough that other vegans agree with them and then the idea with no scientific basis spreads. If you actually dig deep and find the real research on meat you will find it to be healthy, even though you should really just experience it for yourself, your body knows.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 07:58:17 pm »
We don't even need to chase animals 8hours to hunt...
I am in shock that nobody Mentioned the fact that we could hunt in groups...

Imagine that surround an animal with humans who have weapon and slowly get close to the animal NO WAY TO RUN!! the animal is DOOMED!!

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2011, 09:54:24 pm »
We should NOT ban people who have dissenting opinions. The extreme vegan community would do that to anyone that questions their way of life. If we do the same, we look really bad to neutrals. This forum should have open debate. It should not be a "circlejerk". :P

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2011, 11:57:29 pm »
Vegans do a better marketing job, my family was raw vegan - untill we ran into serious health issues. Paid heavily with lost money and time. You will find it strange that i was visiting this site & vegan sites couple of years back. But i eventually choose "vegan". My final theory is that lies are more seductive.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 12:10:00 am »
Vegans do a better marketing job, my family was raw vegan - untill we ran into serious health issues. Paid heavily with lost money and time. You will find it strange that i was visiting this site & vegan sites couple of years back. But i eventually choose "vegan". My final theory is that lies are more seductive.
This is what Hitler said: ""The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."

Sadly, this is true. :( Unfortunately, he was able to take advantage of this fact.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 01:13:05 am »
We don't even need to chase animals 8hours to hunt...
I am in shock that nobody Mentioned the fact that we could hunt in groups...

Imagine that surround an animal with humans who have weapon and slowly get close to the animal NO WAY TO RUN!! the animal is DOOMED!!
I killed a wild goose in the amtter of seconds, i used a stick I picked up randomly.  :-*

Yeah, imagine hunting in a group!! How our ancestors did. Too easy at times.

Edit: I actually killed it bare handed. I jus stunned it with the stick out of the air.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 05:16:04 am »
We should NOT ban people who have dissenting opinions. The extreme vegan community would do that to anyone that questions their way of life. If we do the same, we look really bad to neutrals. This forum should have open debate. It should not be a "circlejerk". :P

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

Once you've been a Mod for a while you realise people who are here to cause trouble. They are unbelievably easy to spot and the formulaic controversy making then personal attacks. As David Howe did.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2011, 05:07:33 am »
This man, a vegetarian and PETA advocate, is scheduled to fight the #1 pound-for-pound fighter George St-Pierre April 30th. If he were to win, the top fighter on the planet would be a vegetarian.

Meet Jake Shields.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2011, 06:35:35 am »
This man, a vegetarian and PETA advocate, is scheduled to fight the #1 pound-for-pound fighter George St-Pierre April 30th. If he were to win, the top fighter on the planet would be a vegetarian.

Meet Jake Shields.

All the top fighters do eat meat. Jake is prob. going to lose that one. Lets also keep in mind he is a cooked vegan, not a fruititarian. ;) I did better on cooked vegan over raw as well. But I the best on a diet including meat.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2011, 06:38:54 am »
He is also not a low fat low protein vegan like many rawvegans/fruititarians.

Hah, says here he is a lacto ovo vegetarian. He eats dairy and eggs!!! lmao

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2011, 06:46:42 am »
http://www.themmadigest.com/2007/08/veggie-power-jake-shields-interview/
far from low fat raw vegan....

What are your main protein sources?
Probably eggs and I eat beans and a little bit of soy nuts and milk and a little bit of tofu, and usually that’s enough but if I feel I need more protein I might make some protein shakes with whey protein.

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2011, 10:33:02 am »
I don't get the fighter picture... hes not muscular, or lean, and just by looking at the picture I can also safely say pretty weak. I am sure he can run for awhile and knows lots of great fighting moves and all though...

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2011, 11:48:09 am »
Nah hes strong as hell, its hard to tell strength from size. It just depends on how you train your muscles.

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2011, 01:49:58 pm »
Sure its not a linear relationship between size and strength, but the relationship exists. I don't doubt hes stronger than the average Joe off the streets or someone who does not train specifically for strength, and I don't mean any disrespect towards him because I know that is not his goal to be super strong or super muscular or lean.

I just was wondering if I missed what was shocking about him being vegetarian. I mistakenly am mixing the strength training realm with the real world and comparing apples to oranges I suppose.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2011, 01:56:53 pm »
How can a vegetarian eat eggs? lacto-ovo veg. That's an omnivore to me. Then there are thos ethat just eat fish. Give me a break.

BTW Jake looks leaner at 170, in the photo Nation posted he is training to fight at middleweight 185.

Here he is at 170, he is fighting back at 170 now. His last fight he did, now he is fighting for the title. He is a good athlete. He primarily does grappling though.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IWeDtOd7wHA/TMRPMUk-EmI/AAAAAAAACwg/bgVezOJEVi4/s1600/ufc121-shields-vs-kampmann.JPG

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/assets/images/articles/jake-shields11.jpg

Edit: I guess a vegetarian is someone who doesn't eat fowl or mammals. Can they eat insects, reptiles? What the hell is a vegetarian nowadays. Just no red meat?

And by primarily does grappling, I mean that's what he mainly uses in his fights. He calls it american jujitsu.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:03:13 pm by Sully »

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2011, 02:10:38 pm »
If he were to win, the top fighter on the planet would be a vegetarian.

I disagree entirely. The top figher on the planet is a Russian named Fedor. He is bad ass concentrate.

Meet Fedor Emelianenko

His diet is everything except white sugar. Given the choice between fighting him or a honey badger. Id opt for the badger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77QoN2P90b0
(Typical opponent comment after the fight; ZOMG haX!!1one!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk