Author Topic: New Daniel Vitalis interview about raw food, evolution..  (Read 40737 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: New Daniel Vitalis interview about raw food, evolution..
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2011, 07:06:51 pm »
There is no way for anyone to "prove" anything to you or me or anyone else.
Studies don't mean a damn thing. People are only capable of sharing interpretations.
Take it for what it's worth, there is nothing to accomplish in arguing about someone else's interpretation/claims. I eat raw meat because I love it, not because I am convinced by someone else's research. I have no obligation to provide my reasoning or "proof" to anyone.
Why does it bother you TD? Because people are trusting him and following him word for word. Sheep will be sheep. At least those people are not guzzling fluoride for all of it's "health benefits"
  I agree that DV is "less worse" than many other gurus. What I dislike is the notion that DV is flawless or offers a better diet than ours as several ideas of his would have wrecked my own health if I had tried them in the past. As for studies, I find them very useful actually. Sure, some studies are too vague or focus on the wrong aspects but we have a hell of a lot of decent studies backing  a raw, palaeolithic diet, albeit mostly inadvertently.  And I loathe the sappy New-Age, largely evidence-free approach of people like DV.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2011, 10:13:53 pm »
I think that the real danger in people like DV and AV hogging all the spot light is the fact that they may be the only resources that some people will have to base their diets on , and if those people happen to be intolerant to milk or have other serious issues , then the protocol they try to follow may not give them the best results.

From the mountain view that the people of this forum share, the antics of people like DV seem quaint and novel, but heaven help the fools in the valley that take him too seriously, and have no other resource to balance out the new age nonsense with down to earth proven effective protocols. Thats why its important to build up a thriving paleo culture that is much larger and complete than the visions of the particular gurus.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:37:13 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2011, 11:24:17 am »
I think that the real danger in people like DV and AV hogging all the spot light is the fact that they may be the only resources that some people will have to base their diets on , and if those people happen to be intolerant to milk or have other serious issues , then the protocol they try to follow may not give them the best results.

From the mountain view that the people of this forum share, the antics of people like DV seem quaint and novel, but heaven help the fools in the valley that take him too seriously, and have no other resource to balance out the new age nonsense with down to earth proven effective protocols. Thats why its important to build up a thriving paleo culture that is much larger and complete than the visions of the particular gurus.

Then I guess thank you baby jebus   ;D >D for this site as i think most people in their beginning "newbie" phase of this diet would easily take everything AV or DV says for fact
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:37:51 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2011, 11:37:16 am »
IMHO, Geoff Purcell aka GP aka Tyler should be enshrined like DV and AV.

Enshrined for OPENNESS.

people may not like his criticisms or comments sometimes, but Geoff is a lot more open minded because this open minded forum was his idea, his steering,  his pushing.... wai diet is here, AV primal diet is here, weston price is here, zero carb is here...

And Geoff has been preaching the gospel of raw paleo diet for FREE for a long time.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:46:56 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2011, 04:57:41 pm »
There is nothing more frustrating or embarassing than to be thought of as a guru or a saint after years of criticising gurus   -[ -[ l) :o. I don't even have a philosophy/info of my own, even, as it's all borrowed  from a dozen different gurus like Cordain or Weston-Price or Aajonus etc., or taken from the RVAF dieter masses as a whole.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2011, 08:08:29 pm »
I am kind of surprised not to have more health gurus at least visit here as a resource for personal growth and to learn how to participate in more open minded discussions so as to better spread the word. Are we really that far out in the boondocks that people like Dr. Mercola, or other top ranking nutritional talking heads can't find this place. Or perhaps they have heard faint whisperings of the raw paleo diet underground, but are not willing to seek it out for themselves.

Should we have someone send out some invitations to influential people to take these discussions to a different level?

Or are we content to have a quiet corner with a forum based on regular people who wish to seek out truth of this diet for themselves , without being sold out by shady characters with financial agendas, and wacky ideas. I like the general tone of the forum here and think there are plenty of checks and balances by which one can use to keep from falsely believing that one person has all the answers.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:27:45 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2011, 08:53:24 pm »
I suspect a lot of these diet gurus do come here.  They probably don't sign up to post, they just lurk, or if they do sign up it's not under a name we'd be able to associate with them. 

Think about it.  Their name is their brand name.  If their brand name is associated with a free website, it's lost a lot of its earning potential.  Even if they mine websites like this for their wisdom, they can't be associated with it and still make a living.   

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2011, 10:22:21 pm »
Sitting Coyote is right on the money about the gurus and the authors.

We are not regular people.
We are special people.
Collectively we make this forum a world treasure.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2011, 10:28:40 pm »
So how can I turn my specialnessess in diet into success into other areas GS?

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2011, 10:36:48 pm »
So how can I turn my specialnessess in diet into success into other areas GS?

I just recently got on rpd (3 years) and being healthy has helped me:

- become more intelligent.
- have the energy to do much more work trying to run my business and my family.
- not get sick
- cure other people, especially my family.

The holy grail is really about how to make tons of money.
Well, we figured out the health puzzle, you and I will figure out the money puzzle... eventually.

Maybe I can export skilled workers to your country?
Since we are an international forum, we could get into import and export.
Business....

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2011, 10:40:33 pm »
I'm with you there GS, you know I'm working on it ;)

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk