Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228428 times)

CitrusHigh

Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #500 on: January 17, 2012, 01:11:59 am »
Because I have a friend who is part of the RP election campaign I have a wee bit of insight on this part about the delegate math.

It kind of confused me when he explained it but it was something to the effect that ron paul supporters would be getting to know eachother ahead of time so when it's time to vote for delegates they can vote only for other ron paul people, and not waste votes on supporters of other candidates. I don't really get how all that works, but yes, they are in fact taking measures to give RP an edge in that department. Not sure if the supporters of other candidates are doing the same thing though. When I asked my friend, he didn't know either. I would think everyone would be trying to do that unless it's illegal, which to the best of my knowledge it's not.

Oh wait, actually at first he said he didn't know, but then he said that some candidates didn't even have a base in our state.

I have more or less checked out of politics for the last couple years other than to spread as much info as I could about RP, so you'll have to forgive my lack of savvy regarding the pertinent terms.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 17, 2012, 09:40:16 am »
Just heard this. Stunned that he'd endorse Romney.
Is that an ironic joke?  ;) Mormon 2 endorses Mormon 1 (apologies to Mormon folk, I actually like Huntsman, it's the faux-Mormon chameleon, Romney, I can't stand).

I'm still awaiting the Perry comeback.
Yeah, it's a testament to his incompetence that he hasn't been able to capitalize and quickly rebound. Let's see how he does in the actual vote in SC.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:16:42 pm by TylerDurden »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #502 on: January 18, 2012, 01:31:46 am »
Is that an ironic joke?  ;) Mormon 2 endorses Mormon 1

Nah. I really thought he'd stay in longer, but more surprised that the 5th most libertarian governor in the nation (according to Cato) and the guy who was taking HUGE shots at Romney would turn around and endorse him rather than Paul or Perry.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #503 on: January 18, 2012, 01:39:20 am »
Nah. I really thought he'd stay in longer, but more surprised that the 5th most libertarian governor in the nation (according to Cato) and the guy who was taking HUGE shots at Romney would turn around and endorse him rather than Paul or Perry.
Maybe he was bribed.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 18, 2012, 01:46:17 am »
I thought Perry would go first.
I say Perry will be next.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Neil Cavuto: Ron Paul is Obama's Toughest Competitor

Neil Cavuto: Ron Paul is Obama's Toughest Competitor

Lol, i love it. "76 year old dude, treated like a rock star"

Ron Paul is the best contender in this race that could Defeat Obama. Mainly because of his ability to "draw the President's Crowds" to Ron Paul rallies.

Neil Cavuto is speaking truth to power. it's what everyone is thinking but they'er too afraid of the power that the truth has, to say it aloud.

------------

WOW! Ron Paul Exposes the NEOCONS and Their Global Agenda - HE NAMES NAMES!!!

Ron Paul Exposes the NEOCONS and Their Global Agenda - (DROPS NAMES)

This speech was not done while he was running for President. July 10, 2003
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:59:00 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 19, 2012, 10:56:02 pm »
Ok, Perry is finally out.  Now it'll be a long drag (maybe not that long) between Gingrich and Santorum.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #507 on: January 20, 2012, 12:29:51 am »
Ok, Perry is finally out.  Now it'll be a long drag (maybe not that long) between Gingrich and Santorum.

Bizarre. He was starting to move up in the polls. I wonder what prompted his jump BEFORE the SC primary this Saturday?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 20, 2012, 02:19:34 am »
Bizarre. He was starting to move up in the polls. I wonder what prompted his jump BEFORE the SC primary this Saturday?

I think it was yesterday's Rasmussen poll giving him 2%.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #509 on: January 20, 2012, 02:38:29 am »
I was a bit disappointed to see Cain and Perry et al resigning so soon. I was hoping they would stay on and split the vote that would otherwise go to Romney. Well, I suppose I can always hope for a last-minute revelation about Romney having an affair with a gay man or some such. The other scumbags just don't have a chance against Ron Paul.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 20, 2012, 07:08:58 am »
One phenomenon that's interesting is that the Neocons and Theocons rarely refute anything Ron Paul says. Instead, they tend to just get angry and red faced and denounce RP, his followers and libertarians in general as kooks. That tells me that what Ron is saying is probably largely on target. People tend to be upset more by truths they don't like than by lies.

I haven't seen the sort of enthusiasm among the youth that Ron Paul has generated since Ronald Reagan's first successful run for president. The fact that the Republican establishment has decided to dismiss and discourage this enthusiasm is suicidal. I've never seen anything like it in politics anywhere in the world. It spells defeat for the GOP in the general election.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2012, 08:31:35 am »
One phenomenon that's interesting is that the Neocons and Theocons rarely refute anything Ron Paul says. Instead, they tend to just get angry and red faced and denounce RP, his followers and libertarians in general as kooks. That tells me that what Ron is saying is probably largely on target. People tend to be upset more by truths they don't like than by lies.
/quote]

haha that is SO true, PaleoPhil!  It annoys me so much when the other candidates do that during debates...and its so obvious that someone like me, who sometimes doesn't pick up on things like that, can totally tell!!
It is just so refreshing how he has a stance on things that makes sense, and he just sticks to it.  I reaaaaaally hope he makes it!!!! :-)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 20, 2012, 08:41:51 am »
I was a bit disappointed to see Cain and Perry et al resigning so soon. I was hoping they would stay on and split the vote that would otherwise go to Romney. Well, I suppose I can always hope for a last-minute revelation about Romney having an affair with a gay man or some such. The other scumbags just don't have a chance against Ron Paul.
Start one : )
Gayboat him out.
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 20, 2012, 10:23:12 am »
The fact that the Republican establishment has decided to dismiss and discourage this enthusiasm is suicidal.

Repub establishment is not as radical.  Even his son is closer to the establishment than to him.

Why on earth would establishment cheer up for Paul when he does not have many friends in Congress?

And he does say nonsense periodically.  For example in one recent debate he asked why didn't US do to Bin Laden the same thing they did to Saddam?  That's one of the reasons why he supports complete disengagement because he has no clue what's going on overseas.

He does have very strong support from younger voters.  The issue is only small fraction of young people vote during elections.  I remember my college days.  Very few of us cared about politics.  Girls and beer were top priority.  Second priority was not to fail classes.  Everything else did not matter.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #514 on: January 20, 2012, 11:13:36 am »
I'm afraid YOU have no clue as regards foreign policy. Ron Paul made a very good point, that the constant Predator-aircraft attacks on Pakistani territory as well as the assassination of Osama Bin Laden would just inflame anti-American feeling in the entire region and lead to ever greater recruitment for Al-Quaeda. He also makes a further point in that if you behave just like your opponents, then you are no better, morally-speaking, than your opponents.

In actual fact, as Scheuer and Osama pointed out before, Al-Quaeda doesn't need to win by bombing us. All they need to do is have the West exhaust itself economically etc.  in endless foreign wars, and we'll do the rest on their behalf.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #515 on: January 20, 2012, 11:20:14 am »
One thing I find so suspicious re the Osama murder was that it took so long. I got the distinct impression that the US knew all along where he was, and only then killed him when it was politically necessary to do so in order for the Obama administration to gain some credibility.

Whatever the case, the Taliban did, at one point, to stop the bombing,  offer to hand over Osama to a 3rd country so that he could have a fair trial, but President Bush refused. So, Ron Paul made a reasonable point.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 20, 2012, 03:19:55 pm »
One thing I find so suspicious re the Osama murder was that it took so long. I got the distinct impression that the US knew all along where he was, and only then killed him when it was politically necessary to do so in order for the Obama administration to gain some credibility.

Whatever the case, the Taliban did, at one point, to stop the bombing,  offer to hand over Osama to a 3rd country so that he could have a fair trial, but President Bush refused. So, Ron Paul made a reasonable point.
I suspect that you are assigning far too much intelligence to the US intelligence and or military and or presidency, bearing in mind that the Presidency at one point was willing to damage one of it's covert operatives Valerie Plame Wilson (risking other covert operations and who knows how many lives) in order to exact political revenge or should I say deflect the blame for the uber-ridiculous Iraq war. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4356718n

They did go after OBL near the border with Pakistan but even guns/bombs and the almighty dollar being practically dropped off from helicopters (“Helicopter Ben.”) to the locals, produced nothing but a slightly richer and slightly deader populace.

The US military is somewhat like the Maginot Line in France. A waste of money. It's a huge, unwieldy, cumbersome, staggeringly expensive ridiculous joke designed to fight the last biggy ... WWII, probably the only bright spot in (US military) history and even that one they jumped in after it was practically over but for the crying.

All it seems really good at is inflicting collateral damage.

If you fly over even the smallest military airbase in the US you see a virtual sea of airplanes parked there. What the He## purpose is that? It's just that some politician has an airplane factory in their district and since he said "yessiree" to the President for some ridiculous plan/scheme, (to help the Prez. get re-elected) his district was awarded contracts to build a ga-zillion airplanes there so he got re-elected and got some scratch for his/her efforts

It's so funny to hear people talk about "other" banana republics..

The populace just thinks it's better defended.

What the heck good is it to have  medium sized floating cities encircling the globe??? Whilst the country is swimming in debt.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:46:52 pm by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 20, 2012, 03:36:27 pm »

The reason that OBL was not brought to "justice", if indeed that option was ever on the table, was that The US would have found out (in their Saddam Hussein kangaroo court) how inept they truly were in locating one man in one of the poorest countries in the world *and* maybe some of the real reasons why OBL was in the driver's seat in the first place would come to the fore. It's easier to kill someone than to talk with them.

For essentially all the reasons that that Ron Paul has been saying all along, that all the countries in the world (other than the US) want the US to mind their own ******* business. "Go home Yankee" to be polite.
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 20, 2012, 03:53:28 pm »
Fair trial Ha ha.

Old Bin knew too much for US intelligence to ever allow him to speak in his own defense before a fair and impartial jury.

Basically, I view Osama as a CIA run creation of some secretive element of the military industrial complex. Terrorism as it is portrayed by the mainstream media is mostly fabricated or exaggerated, in order to serve an agenda.

During the cold war the entire world was basically terrorized by threat of mutually assured destruction. M.A.D was used for justification to give ungodly amounts of the peoples resources to the military industrial complex. It allowed for an insane waste of resources and consolidation of power; and made it all seem necessary for national security. After the soviet union became bankrupt , and could no longer maintain its role in this global terrorism madness. The western establishment had to invent a surrogate threat in order to keep up business as usual.

The constant  but elusive threat of extreme radical Muslim boogie men was custom made to replace the red terror of the previous generation. Anyone who tries to mention the truth in such matters to the masses will have their access to the mainstream media strictly limited.  To speak against the propaganda will get you ridiculed.

It seems obvious that Ron Paul tempers his own views on the issue of state run terror in order to maintain " credibility" so that he doesn't get blacklisted from the debates as well as completely slandered out of the race by the talking head media whores.   

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 20, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »
I'm afraid YOU have no clue as regards foreign policy.
:)  You are surely entitled to your opinion.  But every other expert, domestic or foreign, agree that Paul's foreign policy is a little too late by about 120 years.  His views are like music to the ears of every other country.

As much as you wish Paul being the president and abolish CIA and such, it is likely not going to happen.  For one single reason - reserve currency status of the dollar.  It pays for everything and there is no alternative to the dollar by a mile.  I remember Russian Prime Minister Putin getting all green with envy when talking about dollar being so special. 

You have no idea how powerful dollar is.  It can easily absorb such blunders as Iraq and Afghanistan and some more.  It can be abused for a very very long time before it'll crash and burn.  US has to learn not to abuse it that often and don't take it for granted and it'll pay for SuperPower plays indefinitely.  And Paul has no idea as well.  Talking about going back to the gold standard is an absurdity.

You can say all you want that I'm wrong.  Facts and reality speak for themselves.

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 20, 2012, 06:52:44 pm »

Yeah, you should be suspicious because Osama died in late 2001 of lung complications. Here is an article from 2001 about his death: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html

The US just used him as an excuse and yet another way to control and brainwash their "livestock".
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 06:58:32 pm by TheBeastWithin »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #521 on: January 20, 2012, 06:52:54 pm »
I'd say China increasingly has the whip-hand economically-speaking. I confidently expect the dollar to be superseded by the yuan and one or two other currencies within a few more decades.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #522 on: January 20, 2012, 11:26:56 pm »
The MSM is ignoring Ron Paul and supporting Mitt because his company owns all the conservative talk shows

Romney’s private equity firm, Bain Capital, owns Clear Channel Communications, one of America’s largest media conglomerates. Clear Channel broadcasts conservative luminaries such as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and many others.

It’s amazing how much you can overlook if your paycheck depends on it. Clear Channel essentially owns the conservative talk radio industry.

And now you know why Mitt is the ``favorite``.

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ent/manhattan_diary/mitt-romney-is-the-epitome-of-corporate-greed-137663463.html#ixzz1juezBbz1
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 21, 2012, 01:07:40 am »
Here is some more on Mint Romney. Read right to the end...

But some political organizations criticized Romney for having some of his money in the Caymans.

“Taking advantage of those types of tax havens has cost the country over $100 million in revenues,’’ said Lauren Weiner of Americans United For Change, a labor-backed group that has been critical of Romney.

Weiner said the Romney campaign could dispel suspicions that the candidate is using the funds to avoid taxes by releasing his tax returns, something Romney has said he plans to do only in April.

“We could have a lot of answers if he just released his tax returns,’’ Weiner said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2012/01/20/mitt-not-alone-investment-funds-often-have-second-home-cayman-islands/3oTW7uOIru8EeHVia2HPtM/story.html
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 21, 2012, 04:28:49 am »
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk