Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228402 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #675 on: February 25, 2012, 07:38:39 am »
...they admit that neither Santorum or Romney have the slightest chance against Obama and that the GOP are considering a 3rd candidate.
How refreshing to see some honesty for a change.

Needless to say, no one mentions Ron Paul in the article:-
Of course, the one candidate who could inspire zeal is the one they refuse to consider, because he would try to cut off the politicians and lobbyists from the feeding trough.

Names frequently proposed include Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor and brother of President George W., Chris Christie, the New Jersey governor, and Sarah Palin, the 2008 Vice-Presidential nominee. All have previously ruled themselves out of this year’s contest.
Egads, NOT PALIN! She's the only Republican who makes Romney look good. Do they take Americans to be blithering idiots?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #676 on: February 25, 2012, 07:49:52 am »
Palin's grasp of world geography and foreign policy was as bad as Cain's.

As regards the above various comments:-

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
    H. L. Mencken
    US editor (1880 - 1956) " paraphrased from:-

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

No wonder I'm against modern democracy(though not ancient democracy).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #677 on: February 25, 2012, 10:05:39 pm »
See how the 2012 presidential candidates vote on real important issues.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #678 on: February 25, 2012, 10:23:18 pm »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 26, 2012, 03:29:04 am »
See how the 2012 presidential candidates vote on real important issues.

did you make this graphic?
-----------

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 01, 2012, 08:44:54 am »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 11, 2012, 03:28:54 am »
Nassim Taleb will do a bit of campaigning for Ron Paul, though unfortunately probably too late to have much impact:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150626681963375&id=13012333374

Ron Paul earned a decent second place showing in my state of Vermont, but it seems to be time for some realistic appraisal. Unfortunately, his lack of a single outright victory seems to be causing interest to decline in his campaign and he hasn't accumulated enough delegates to be an influence at the convention. Even his polling among the youth has reportedly started to decline (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-201203081144usnewsusnwr201203070307whisper3mar08,0,3090503.story).

The frightening long-term problem for Republicans is that at this late point in the primary, none of their candidates is drawing much youth support. The GOP more and more seems to be becoming a party of old white men, which admittedly is a longtime caricature of the party, but it seems to be becoming even more the case than usual.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 22, 2012, 09:38:02 am »
The Romney "Etch-A-Sketch" campaign:
Senior adviser Eric Fehrnstrom gave Romney rivals Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich grist for criticism in his reply to a question during a CNN interview on whether Romney has had to tack so far to the right it could hurt him in a general election match-up against Democratic President Barack Obama.

Fehrnstrom said Romney's situation is much like an Etch A Sketch, a popular children's toy used for drawing that can simply be shaken to erase the image scrolled onto it.

"Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It's almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all over again," Fehrnstrom said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/sns-rt-us-usa-campaign-romneybre82k1mg-20120321,0,626524.story
Such honesty from a political operative. Quite refreshing, and on-target.

Offline bonita

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 22, 2012, 10:16:18 am »
I support Ron Paul! He's a smart man.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 23, 2012, 09:57:40 pm »
New Ron Paul ad-DESTROYS Obama and Romney.mp4

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 24, 2012, 06:10:12 am »
"they have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do. Government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulation low and that we shouldn't get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn't get involved in cultural issues, you know, people should do whatever they want. Well, that is not how traditional conservatives view the world...." --Rick Santorum

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 24, 2012, 07:10:23 am »
honestly you guys are blowing me away by thinking that any of these politricks are valid

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 24, 2012, 07:13:35 am »
I believe that most politricks is bogus and wicked, but Ron Paul is less unvalid than most politicians. Do you not see that? Do you vote or participate actively in the process in some other way?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:30:39 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 26, 2012, 08:18:37 pm »
Ron Paul has a proven record of strict constitutionality and has never been caught in a lie as far as I know. This is good enough for me.
-----------

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 26, 2012, 08:54:56 pm »
Jessica,

I completely understand your cynicism, given the track record of politics in general, but if you read his books and look at his record, you will see he is one in a million. An actual honest politician.
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: March 27, 2012, 05:23:15 am »
Yeah, it's rather refreshing that a politician should be seemingly as honest and consistent as Ron Paul. I actually expect politicians to lie and flip flop--it's basically part of their job, though Romney has taken it to a new level, to the point where even his campaign staff think of him as an Etch-a-Sketch, and the Republican Party rank and file is finally figuring that out too late and shifting to Santorum, who some wise folks here say is little or no better, unfortunately. It's so frustrating, because I knew this was coming but was basically helpless to warn Republicans about Romney, as I'm a nobody that no one's going to listen to. Republicans unfortunately had to find out the hard way. Romney is like the sirens that drew sailors to their deaths. He looks and sounds good, but watch out, he'll bring everyone down.

If it weren't for the libertarians I might become even more cynical myself and be tempted not to vote, except the local elections would probably keep me voting.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:30:47 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 27, 2012, 06:32:48 am »
Cynicism has lead me into all types of delusional beliefs and conspiracy theory's to try to explain why we elect such horrible politicians.

My current theory is that Obama represents the American front of the New World Order. He is their man and the establishment republican candidate is just a ringer, as McCain was.

He will pass anything the money men want him to no matter how devistating or overreaching. Bailouts, Healthcare enslavement act, austerity measures, phony environmental fascism bills. He basically has guaranteed that the cost of energy will skyrocket, and our standard of living will decline, if all goes to his plan. Yet he still maintains credibility with much of the controlled media, and the fools who still believe in hope and change.

Obama personally told the Russia president that he would be re-elected, when he thought the microphone was off.

Either he is being cocky and arrogant, or he knows the fix is in.

You decide

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/politics/30759723/detail.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:50:02 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 27, 2012, 10:16:57 pm »
Either he is being cocky and arrogant, or he knows the fix is in.

You decide

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/politics/30759723/detail.html

Ha-ha! That is insane!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 08, 2012, 03:11:33 am »
Wow!

What a contrast!

Go Ronny go!
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 11, 2012, 02:15:20 am »
Santorum is out.  Game over.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 11, 2012, 06:22:37 am »
There is precedent for a candidate who bows out requests that his delegates support another candidate. I wonder if Santorum will make such a request of his delegates, and if so who he'll give them to? If he gives them to Gingrich or Paul, the game might not be over.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 14, 2012, 04:52:44 am »
I'm actually hoping Romney gets elected. The reason? He's gonna drive this shindig into a hole so deep it'll come out the other side all brown and sticky. There will be a handful of rich people and 300 million poor. Then maybe a few more of us will understand that money + politics = fuckover, every single time.

Seriously, why does anyone think any of these dickheads would spend MILLIONS (arguably, millions that aren't theirs) on a job that only pays about $500k a year? These guys get that much for playing with themselves for ten minutes.

It's all about control. That's why I just can't fathom even bothering to vote.

I think Einstein's definition of stupidity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, sums it up nicely.
insert signature here

CitrusHigh

« Reply #699 on: April 14, 2012, 05:51:42 am »
lol I thought that was his definition of insanity? But I concur on all points, including romney, if we can't have Paul. If it's got to get worse to get better, then let's get it over with, I'm excited to rebuild!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk