Author Topic: Cavities  (Read 6850 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Cavities
« on: October 04, 2011, 07:48:11 am »
I've created this thread for general info on cavities that is not necessarily 100% raw.

Here is a testimonial from Maria, the creator of The Green Smoothie Challenge website and a former 95% raw vegan:
http://www.curetoothdecay.com/private-lessons/testimonial-maria.htm?awt_l=8I5JN&awt_m=3u9ERc2eiE2pPFS

The raw vegan diet with green smoothies was giving her dental problems and other health issues after some early success. She read Ramiel Nagel's book, Cure Tooth Decay, and added bone broth, raw butter, raw fermented cod liver oil, raw kefir, and organ meats to her diet, with rapid and amazing dental health success as well as overall health success.

I have found some of Ramiel's tips to be beneficial myself.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:55:30 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Cavities
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:00:15 am »
I had a tooth filling come off.
I'll see if my version of raw paleo diet will make my tooth re-grow.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 08:01:33 am »
You should also get it checked out by a dentist to track the progress and make sure it's healing, preferably a holistic dentist.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:07:31 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 08:02:36 am »
You should also get it checked out by a dentist to track the progress and make sure it's healing, preferably a holistic dentist.

It's so big Phil.
If if regrows, it regrows.
I don't need a dentist to tell me that.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 08:09:48 am »
Wait a minute, do you mean you are hoping for the tooth to not just remineralize decay, but regrow larger? I'm afraid that's highly doubtful and even Ramiel doesn't make that claim, though if by some miracle it happens, do let us know.

Here are some raw Paleo foods that Ramiel recommends:
Organic Liver
Grassfed Meats
Vegetables
Bone marrow
Blue Ice raw fermented cod liver oil (centrifuged--some heat possible)
Vegetable Juice (maybe not technically raw Paleo, as Stone Agers probably didn't juice veggies, but close)

His recommended foods that are not raw Paleo:
Bone broth
High vitamin butter oil (centrifuged--some heat possible)
Organic Butter (churned--some heat possible)
Raw Milk
Cheese (probably raw)
Cream (probably raw)

His other recommendations:
Blotting-style tooth brush (I didn't notice any difference with this)
Tooth soap (I didn't care for this--it is literally soap)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 08:34:50 am »
Wait a minute, do you mean you are hoping for the tooth to not just remineralize decay, but regrow larger?

Yes yes.  Let's wait and see.  Probably a long wait, but let's see.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 12:17:33 pm »
I was refilling in my holes from fillings that fell out until the hurricanes hit and my diet took a turn. Ruined years of regrowth and made serious breakdown after that. :(   Infections and pain all gone after getting my diet basically more stabilized and time to start rebuilding (hopefully) once more by going the distance in doing what I know will work but I'm no longer in the same condition from which to start. I did go to a dentist that took pictures and was monitoring the regrowth but then the hurricanes and I left. Dentists back then and for the years before were willing to take out the rest of my fillings because of the miraculous re-growth but now I couldn't find anyone that would probably concede to anything less than pullings and root canals for the teeth that took the hit - which of course I wouldn't think of doing after my previous experiences. Now that life is calmer and less stressful I will see how things go. As far as I'm concerned if there is no infection, no pain and I can still chew - I'm ok even if I don't experience regrowth again.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 11:01:09 pm »
Regrowth isn't any kind of far fetched, it probably requires pretty pure eating but Aajonus has recounted many experiences of regrowth.

So please do keep us updated GS and Dorothy!

I'm still waiting for my fillings to pop out, but my diet is not pristine so I'm not surprised at all. It does look like my front teeth, which became transparent after years of ultraSAD eating are becoming harder and harder like the minerals are seeping down in to them. I can actually see bits of white. That is a good idea to take photos to monitor progress, I will do that too!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 08:59:27 am »
By regrowth, you mean increase in height, not just filling in of holes, right? Does Aajonus have any photos of the regrowth, like the Weston Price photos that show remineralization?

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
How to heal tooth cavities
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 04:13:39 pm »
I had a tooth filling come off.
I'll see if my version of raw paleo diet will make my tooth re-grow.

Healing/regrowth of tooth cavities is possible.

The following conditions must be met:

1. High raw animal fat + high raw animal protein consumption
2. Good mineral supply
3. long-term KETOSIS!

Every piece of fruit will impede the healing process.

I know that you don't want to read this, sorry. But this is my experience.

Löwenherz

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to heal tooth cavities
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 11:47:03 am »
Healing/regrowth of tooth cavities is possible.

The following conditions must be met:

1. High raw animal fat + high raw animal protein consumption
2. Good mineral supply
3. long-term KETOSIS!

Every piece of fruit will impede the healing process.

I know that you don't want to read this, sorry. But this is my experience.

Löwenherz

You regrew your cavities then with those conditions?

I was healing/regrowing my cavities without these conditions. The amount of fruit I ate did not impede the process either. Those were the conditions that you as an individual must have needed. Others might also need it, but they might not.

At the time I didn't even know one could eat raw animal fat and never heard of ketosis. I most certainly was not in ketosis.

But so glad to hear you were successful! 

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: How to heal tooth cavities
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 03:53:34 pm »
I was healing/regrowing my cavities without these conditions. The amount of fruit I ate did not impede the process either. Those were the conditions that you as an individual must have needed. Others might also need it, but they might not.
At the time I didn't even know one could eat raw animal fat and never heard of ketosis. I most certainly was not in ketosis.

So, what did you eat, Dorothy? And how long?

Löwenherz

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 12:51:11 am »
Over the course of a decade or more my teeth were regrowing. I ate as much raw food as I could. I liked to forage in the parks for greens or pick them from organic farms (good deal for the farmer to have me weed their fields for free. :)  I ate vegetables, fruits and sprouted seeds and sea vegetables - but if I had a strong desire for some strange thing I would eat it. No matter how "bad" it was if my body told me at that moment in time I needed that particular thing - I would feel good from it and it would not affect my teeth adversely. I couldn't get raw milk or good eggs and there was no internet. At that time it never even occurred to me that one could eat raw meat. For me the trick was intuitive eating. My thought process was that the stomach meridians run right along the jaw and that as long as my stomach was in good shape my teeth would be able to heal themselves. I just didn't eat anything that didn't digest well or that "felt" bad for me. When the hurricanes hit and I was incapacitated and was eating "healthy dinners" prepared in microwaves for me you wouldn't believe how quickly my teeth deteriorated.

I think I was lucky that my basic needs at the time matched what I had available to me and my knowledge base.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk