Author Topic: Gabriel Cousins about fruit and fructose  (Read 22825 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Gabriel Cousins about fruit and fructose
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2011, 05:10:56 am »
What made you first think that you could eat meat raw Zi? Butter I always assumed we could eat raw (if I could ever have gotten it) and milk products in general because until fairly recently and still on farms people did that all the time and I saw Rocky eating raw eggs (so it had to be ok LOL) - but raw meat for such a very long time has been taboo in our country. What made you realize that you could eat it?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 08:56:22 am »
    Because my carefully made seed yogurt was the first protein that put muscle on me and raw meat is similar, but i was afraid of parasites.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline DrLongevityCode

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 09:14:24 am »
I tell my patients to avoid excess fruit. Clearly, flora (flowers leading to fruit) are terribly rare in the wild and while fruit offers excellent nutritional value it is at the cost of fatty liver. Excess fructose causes this just as excess alcohol does. So, How much is too much? Generally, as a physician, I recommend less than 30 grams a day. It's harder than you think with all the crap these days, but usually you can eat 2-3 servings of fruit a day and be within this as long as everything else is more veggie/protein.  The fructose goes straight to the liver for storage. Or, if you eat too much, it spills out of the tank as triglycerides. Bad LDLs anyone?  O0

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 09:29:05 am »
I tell my patients to avoid excess fruit. Clearly, flora (flowers leading to fruit) are terribly rare in the wild and while fruit offers excellent nutritional value it is at the cost of fatty liver. Excess fructose causes this just as excess alcohol does. So, How much is too much? Generally, as a physician, I recommend less than 30 grams a day. It's harder than you think with all the crap these days, but usually you can eat 2-3 servings of fruit a day and be within this as long as everything else is more veggie/protein.  The fructose goes straight to the liver for storage. Or, if you eat too much, it spills out of the tank as triglycerides. Bad LDLs anyone?  O0

Do we have an MD amongst us?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 09:29:29 am »
    Because my carefully made seed yogurt was the first protein that put muscle on me and raw meat is similar, but i was afraid of parasites.

What got you over that fear Zi?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 09:43:51 am »
    Reason to live.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 10:07:43 am »
I'm confused - do you mean that without meat you thought you would die so tried it even though you were frightened of parasites, or that you thought it might give you a reason to live?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2011, 11:52:20 am »
do you mean that without meat you thought you would die so tried it

I don't choose fear.  I was afraid of parasites.  I chose to eat meat, even if it meant parasites.  It was a lot more than dying at stake.  Dying I can handle.  I apologize for the confusion.  Live was not the only important word there.  Try reason.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2011, 09:06:23 pm »
So, How much is too much? Generally, as a physician, I recommend less than 30 grams a day. It's harder than you think with all the crap these days, but usually you can eat 2-3 servings of fruit a day and be within this as long as everything else is more veggie/protein.
That corresponds to my personal experience with fruits.

On fruitarian forums like www.vegsource.com/talk/raw you can find many reports about high triglycerides. If I eat a lot of fruit my blood tests show also high triglycerides, but most doctors here in Germany aren't interested in this blood parameter. It seems that most people (on typical high carb diets) have high triglycerides today..

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 02:25:58 am by Löwenherz »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 11:25:49 pm »
Lowen - my Mom had astronomical cholesterol levels for about 60 years, but it wasn't until her triglycerides went up that her 2 holistic physicians got concerned - and it was then that she had her heart attack. I'm no doctor - but I trusted those two.

Maybe the new MD in our group would be so kind as to chime in here on triglyceride levels vs. cholesterol levels and their meaning and significance?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 02:02:32 am »
It seems that most people have high triglycerides today..

I don't.  I don't know what it was like when I was eating similar to Cousens.  It had to have been low because my body fat was for all physiological purposes non-existant and my tsc was extremely low.  My cholesterol is good now, but my triglycerides are low.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2011, 02:27:55 am »
My cholesterol is good now, but my triglycerides are low.

I guess you follow a low carb paleo diet? Or do you eat much fruit?

Löwenherz

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2011, 02:42:15 am »
Or do you eat much fruit?

Too much sugar always tasted grotesque to me.  I try to keep it high fat low fruit now.  I have done close to zero carb (raw).  That was beyond great :). I've been finding it hard to do that now.  I hope to again soon.  So yeah, I was eating some fruit than I feel is ideal when last tested and levels wonderful, and it may be better if I ate almost zcr again, but I'm in no rush or competition.  I just appreciate not being sick, which cooked etc makes me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk