Author Topic: Is it dangerous to eat too much meat?  (Read 71242 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: Is it dangerous to eat too much meat?
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2011, 02:13:19 pm »
GCB,
my own experience with this is, when I ate beef (organic, grass and grainfed) I could not eat it for long and it started to taste disgusting to me. After that I could only get it down slightly fried in the pan with salt an pepper. Yeah, stupid of course.
But now I eat elk every day, raw without spices. It is my staple food (I do eat fresh wildcaught fish and oysterz etc. for variation - some fruits (Orkos) too at times). I just love the elk - also the organs. Makes me feel so good. I cannot imagine I will never get tired of it. It so belongs to here (Finland). I guess long long ago when no agriculture existed here, that was the staplefood of people living here. Also reindeer. There are no fruits growing, berries yes, but you cannot live from them only. You could get some fish also - except the Sea is quite polluted here because of Russia.
How comes hat tribes living on mostly mammal-meat do not became cancer? As long as they ate it the natural way, not smoked and salted and fried..
I just cannot get it out of my head, as I have been thinking exactly the same thoughts as Van.
How could the Indians survive on mostly mammals meat?
If your hypothesis is, meat from mammals might give cancer - how do you explain people who healed from cancer eating raw meat from mammals?
I am just so confused.
Are you sure you have not mis-impreted the cause of your wife's cancer? Maybe it was stress, causing it? Cancer often have also psychological causes. I am sure your wife was eating lot of delicious fruits along with the 200 grams of mammal-meat.. who knows if that was not so good? Too much sugar? From domesticated sources? It would be intresting to know what else your wife ate, in addition to the beef.
 Was she stressed out, or harmoniously happy? Was your marriage happy and fulfilling for both of you?
I guess all these things have to be shed light on to really know more about the causes of her cancer.
I am sorry if I go too close with all these questions, it must have been a terrible loss to loose your wife that early. -[
But I ask cause I have the feeling you also want to clear up misunderstandings.

Just wanted to add, I do not believe it is good to eat meat only. The Indians, and every tribe that ate lot of meat also ate wild berries (that are known to have great anticancer properties) as also wild herbs, mushrooms etc. Might be, that these were needed to eliminate the possibly negative consequences of eating that much mammal meat...?
Could that be? So that is why they stayed healthy?
I do eat a lot of wild berries and greens (in summer)... it feels just so good to eat them. Like they were needed somehow.

Inger
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:23:30 pm by Inger »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 02:38:18 pm »
MUSHROOMS!!!

I just heard Daniel Vitalis talk at oneradionetwork.com and he said that wild humans probably ate a good amount of wild mushrooms. 

So which mushrooms should I try?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2011, 03:00:09 pm »
MUSHROOMS!!!

I just heard Daniel Vitalis talk at oneradionetwork.com and he said that wild humans probably ate a good amount of wild mushrooms. 

So which mushrooms should I try?

I suspect this nonsense was dreamed up by the pro-drugs-lobby. Their idea is that palaeo man spent his life stoned on hallucinogenic mushrooms.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2011, 03:10:22 pm »
I suspect this nonsense was dreamed up by the pro-drugs-lobby. Their idea is that palaeo man spent his life stoned on hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... probably.
Must remember not to take mushroom eating too seriously.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2011, 04:03:26 pm »
No no no.... I am NOT talking about psychedelic mushroom's now. >D

I talk about other mushrooms like the Chaga-mushroom;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inonotus_obliquus

Inger

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2011, 05:16:23 pm »
So two years is not enough time to rely on the alliesthetic mechanism? This is quite surprising after reading your published materials and forum posts. When does the alliesthetic mechanism finally become reliable? Only after 20 years, or any sooner?

It looks like there’s a severe misunderstanding here. Our alliesthesic mechanisms can always be relied upon, ever since birth. It’s just that they are fooled by food processing, mixing, cooking;  in short by any new stuff or process appeared or made available too recently for the natural selection to adapt them, if ever possible.

In practice, our alliesthesic mechanisms work well enough from the very first day of instinctive raw paleo nutrition because they had already always been working with all raw paleo stuff.

I think GCB was speaking about something else, such as scientific conclusions.

So red meats are OK as long as they're wild or nearly so?

Yes, that’s what I understand.  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2011, 05:53:50 pm »
GCB,
my own experience with this is, when I ate beef (organic, grass and grainfed) I could not eat it for long and it started to taste disgusting to me. After that I could only get it down slightly fried in the pan with salt an pepper. Yeah, stupid of course.
But now I eat elk every day, raw without spices. It is my staple food (I do eat fresh wildcaught fish and oysterz etc. for variation - some fruits (Orkos) too at times). I just love the elk - also the organs. Makes me feel so good. I cannot imagine I will never get tired of it. It so belongs to here (Finland). I guess long long ago when no agriculture existed here, that was the staplefood of people living here. Also reindeer. There are no fruits growing, berries yes, but you cannot live from them only. You could get some fish also - except the Sea is quite polluted here because of Russia.
How comes hat tribes living on mostly mammal-meat do not became cancer? As long as they ate it the natural way, not smoked and salted and fried..
I just cannot get it out of my head, as I have been thinking exactly the same thoughts as Van.
How could the Indians survive on mostly mammals meat?
If your hypothesis is, meat from mammals might give cancer - how do you explain people who healed from cancer eating raw meat from mammals?
I am just so confused.
Are you sure you have not mis-impreted the cause of your wife's cancer? Maybe it was stress, causing it? Cancer often have also psychological causes. I am sure your wife was eating lot of delicious fruits along with the 200 grams of mammal-meat.. who knows if that was not so good? Too much sugar? From domesticated sources? It would be intresting to know what else your wife ate, in addition to the beef.
 Was she stressed out, or harmoniously happy? Was your marriage happy and fulfilling for both of you?
I guess all these things have to be shed light on to really know more about the causes of her cancer.
I am sorry if I go too close with all these questions, it must have been a terrible loss to loose your wife that early. -[
But I ask cause I have the feeling you also want to clear up misunderstandings.

Just wanted to add, I do not believe it is good to eat meat only. The Indians, and every tribe that ate lot of meat also ate wild berries (that are known to have great anticancer properties) as also wild herbs, mushrooms etc. Might be, that these were needed to eliminate the possibly negative consequences of eating that much mammal meat...?
Could that be? So that is why they stayed healthy?
I do eat a lot of wild berries and greens (in summer)... it feels just so good to eat them. Like they were needed somehow.

Inger
I would also like to know about this. Please reply!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2011, 07:51:41 pm »
I also think these are very relevant points that should be fully addressed and clarified. GCB wrote a long article about it in Instincto Magazine n° 62, June 1994. I can’t translate it all, but here is an extract of his conclusion:
One should not infer from all this that meat is harmful in itself. Experience has also shown it can play a vital role in the reconstruction of the body weight as well as in the recovery and healing of diseases, including cancer. What is harmful is imbalance.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:57:04 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2011, 08:04:38 pm »
It looks like there’s a severe misunderstanding here. Our alliesthesic mechanisms can always be relied upon, ever since birth. It’s just that they are fooled by food processing, mixing, cooking;  in short by any new stuff or process appeared or made available too recently for the natural selection to adapt them, if ever possible.
I was talking about raw wild red meats when I spoke of my taste preference for red meats, not  processing, mixing, cooking or any new stuff or process.

As for obtaining a properly functioning alliesthetic mechanism that one can rely on, it's not possible for me to eat only wild meats, and if it takes more than two years before one can draw any conclusions, that's rather disappointing and would make it difficult to know what to do. If it takes 20 years, that's even more daunting.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:10:13 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2011, 04:45:09 am »
But now I eat elk every day, raw without spices. It is my staple food (I do eat fresh wildcaught fish and oysterz etc. for variation - some fruits (Orkos) too at times). I just love the elk - also the organs. Makes me feel so good.

Elk must be really delicious! I have never eaten it. I found a shop in Berlin where I can get prefrozen ground elk meat from Sweden and (if I remember correctly) from Finland. The sellers say that elk meat is always wild. Can I trust them?

Is Elk meat always wild game meat?

How would you describe the difference to grass-fed beef?

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:33:27 am by TylerDurden »

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2011, 05:23:31 am »
I was talking about raw wild red meats when I spoke of my taste preference for red meats, not  processing, mixing, cooking or any new stuff or process.

As for obtaining a properly functioning alliesthetic mechanism that one can rely on, it's not possible for me to eat only wild meats, and if it takes more than two years before one can draw any conclusions, that's rather disappointing and would make it difficult to know what to do. If it takes 20 years, that's even more daunting.

Again a misunderstanding:  I said two years would be insufficient not to set up the allesthesic functions, but to see the links between overload of animal proteins and immune diseases.

If raw wild meat smells and tastes attractive, you certainly need this food at the moment. But it would be wrong to conclude the same quantities may remain attractive and sane for twenty years. This is the difference between Instincto and conventional dietetics reasoning: the needs are always varying and unpredictable. Thus, it is always a delusion to believe we could apply rules about what and how much would be healthy or unhealthy.

Sorry, I’m very busy at the moment: I’ll answer to the other posts Sunday or Monday.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:43:27 am by Iguana »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2011, 08:41:29 am »
Again a misunderstanding:  I said two years would be insufficient not to set up the allesthesic functions, but to see the links between overload of animal proteins and immune diseases.
So I can go by my alliesthetic mechanism after all? Great! It tells me lots of high quality red meat for me, including plenty of my nephews' wild venison (they got two deer this year).

If raw wild meat smells and tastes attractive, you certainly need this food at the moment. But it would be wrong to conclude the same quantities may remain attractive and sane for twenty years.
Don't worry, I'm not making any forecasts, though I've liked high quality red meat my entire life quite a bit, so the odds are good that I'll like it long into the future.

This is the difference between Instincto and conventional dietetics reasoning: the needs are always varying and unpredictable.
I don't find that so much in my experience when I'm eating 100% raw Paleo and frequently utilizing my alliesthetic mechanism. I find the food generally more satisfying and nutritive than the Standard Industrial Diet, so that I don't have to vary it a lot if I don't wish to, though I sometimes do vary it some for additional pleasure and adventure, as well as to avoid potential theoretical deficiencies.

Thus, it is always a delusion to believe we could apply rules about what and how much would be healthy or unhealthy.
Wonderful, that's reassuring. So I don't have to abide by any rule that artificially limits intake of high quality mammal meat or favors fowl over mammal meat of equal or greater quality?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2011, 03:45:23 pm »
Löwenherz,
Elk must be really delicious! I have never eaten it. I found a shop in Berlin where I can get prefrozen ground elk meat from Sweden and (if I remember correctly) from Finland. The sellers say that elk meat is always wild. Can I trust them?

Is Elk meats always wild game meat?

How would you describe the difference to grass-fed beef?

Löwenherz

yes, in Scandinavia / Estonia where I get my elk from, it is always wild.
There might be some hunters who put out food for them in the winter, vegetables and hay and maybe some grains (?). I am not concerned about that though, it is so little anyway. Remember, wild game eat from the agricutured fields too. Sure it is best to eat game from places with no agriculture. Almost impossible today, but better the more north you travel I would say.

I have heard about farmed elk in USA. But here, no.

Elk tastes.. hmm. Some says it has a gamey taste but I find it quite mild tasting? Sure it has a stronger taste than Beef. Maybe the taste is a little iron-like? More complex that beef though. Complex and rich. :)

Inger

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2011, 12:07:21 am »
Thanks Inger!!

Löwenherz

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2011, 11:24:16 pm »
To Paleo Phil

GCB : Thus, it is always a delusion to believe we could apply rules about what and how much would be healthy or unhealthy.
W onderful, that's reassuring. So I don't have to abide by any rule that artificially limits intake of high quality mammal meat or favors fowl over mammal meat of equal or greater quality?
This stands true only with non domesticated animals (as already mentioned several times, instinctive stop is very hazy with beef, mutton, pork…) and furthermore if you have a sufficient choice at your disposal. If you mentally restrain your choice to red meat, your body will cope with it to find calories and other nutrients, and the taste will remain more or less attractive. That is then the danger, the need of nutrients goes over the immune problems, and you can eat and eat meat as though it were necessary to your organism. But in the long run severe problems may arise.
As a matter of fact, meat seems then necessary (and so not repulsive) because you don’t have anything else than meat at your disposal. To find out if you need something else, you must at first have a large choice of products, stop eating meat for a little while and by every meal try all products to see which one will help you to come out of the vicious circle.
You can’t know if you really need great quantities of meat without trying regularly other foodstuffs in sufficient variety. Within the above conditions, I never saw people who still ate instinctively very large quantities of meat for more than some weeks – or a few months in the most extreme cases.

To Inger

But now I eat elk every day, raw without spices. It is my staple food (I do eat fresh wildcaught fish and oysterz etc. for variation - some fruits (Orkos) too at times). I just love the elk - also the organs. Makes me feel so good. I cannot imagine I will never get tired of it. It so belongs to here (Finland).
Elk tastes... hmm. Some says it has a gamey taste but I find it quite mild tasting? Sure it has a stronger taste than Beef. Maybe the taste is a little iron-like? More complex that beef though. Complex and rich.
Exactly so: I noticed, as part of instincto that red meat taste slightly iron-like when we become overloaded with it. When I read you, my first reaction would be that you eat too much meat, perhaps because you force yourself mentally to consume it in priority against other foods. I myself was a victim of this type of bias: knowing by nutritional science that it provides important elements, I had from the beginning (from about 1966) a favorable a priori for meat, so that I regularly forced somewhat the instinctive stops. As I ate mainly beef at the time, whose taste veers only very slightly to stop, I found myself overloaded to the point of a tumor in my left knee (in 1988), which recurred after surgery and then faded spontaneously simply by adjusting the protein intake correctly.

I guess long long ago when no agriculture existed here, that was the staplefood of people living here. Also reindeer. There are no fruits growing, berries yes, but you cannot live from them only. You could get some fish also - except the Sea is quite polluted here because of Russia.
How comes hat tribes living on mostly mammal-meat do not became cancer? As long as they ate it the natural way, not smoked and salted and fried…
Of course there is not much else to eat in these latitudes. But we cannot think like you do, because the human body isn’t genetically adapted to such climates. It is through the fire, hunting and perhaps cooking that our distant ancestors left the tropics to settle in the cold regions. Moreover, data are missing on how their body reacted, what their illnesses, their rates of cancer, their lifespan, etc. were and what exactly they ate. Fortunately you have a more varied diet, but your wording resonates sometimes like the one of people who don’t apply the rules of instinctive regulation.

I just cannot get it out of my head, as I have been thinking exactly the same thoughts as Van. How could the Indians survive on mostly mammals meat?
Beware of claims boasted in lack of any reliable data: AFAIK there have been no studies that determines the amount of meat consumed by the Indians or the quantities of other food they could find, nor their lifespan and diseases. BTW, they were decimated by the smallpox brought by the Europeans. The only thing we can say is that they lived long enough to breed, but here in Europe, with the awful nutrition of the Middle Ages, people could also reproduce - otherwise we would not be here. In lack of sound scientific data, I prefer to trust my own observations.

Beware of reasoning: I don’t say that meat of mammals always gives cancer! I say that an overload of proteins, especially of mammals, can cause certain cancers in the long run. The cases you're talking about may be about people who ate a lot of cooked meat, cheese etc.. and have dropped below the overload threshold by eating raw meat. We must also see how long these "cures" lasted. In addition, stories of healing make more noise than those of people who die of their cancer as the norm is...

Are you sure you have not mis-impreted the cause of your wife's cancer?

It’s the hypothesis that is the most likely in view of my own case given above and a few others cases.
Maybe it was stress, causing it? Cancer often have also psychological causes.  Was she stressed out, or harmoniously happy? Was your marriage happy and fulfilling for both of you?
I am personally convinced that stress also played a role. My wife very poorly endured a tax adjustment as the French administration is so expert in, something which threatened to totally wreck us. But I don’t think the psychological pressure alone has been enough to disrupt her immune system. The psychological cause does not preclude the physiological cause.

I am sure your wife was eating lot of delicious fruits along with the 200 grams of mammal-meat.. who knows if that was not so good? Too much sugar? From domesticated sources? It would be intresting to know what else your wife ate, in addition to the beef.
She did not eat more fruits and sweet foods than other instinctos, rather less precisely because she compensated for it with meat, always consumed at the beginning of the meal. I have never seen a correlation between large portions of sweet fruit and tumors. But it is true that I have no experience of people eating a lot of meat and nothing else, as when we obey to our instinct it automatically prevents unilateral diets.

The Indians, and every tribe that ate lot of meat also ate wild berries (that are known to have great anticancer properties) as also wild herbs, mushrooms etc. Might be, that these were needed to eliminate the possibly negative consequences of eating that much mammal meat...?
We don’t use such ways of thinking in the instincto context: it’s not the anti-cancer properties of vegetables that prevent cancer, but rather the fact that these plants prevent imbalances that would result from a too one-sided consumption of meat.

You follow your instinct here and you’re spot-on!

To Goodsamaritan

If wild birds' proteins are remote...
...then wild ocean fish / clams / oysters / shrimp / crab must be remote from us as well?

Indeed, it is probably better to focus in order, on: plant proteins (nuts, lentils, peas...), shellfish (oysters, clams, mussels ...), arthropods (shrimp, crabs, crayfish, insects ... ), wild ocean fish (sardines, mackerel, herring ...), eggs, poultry (goose, duck, chicken... or better: wild birds), and if nothing in the above is satisfying, wild mammal meat. These kind of intellectual preferences seems a priori contrary to a purely instinctive choice but we should take account of the fact that, if we exclude the relatively recently mastered hunting techniques, meat of large mammals is somewhat difficult to obtain in nature and leftovers from predators are relatively rare. So, over some weeks or months, your’e sure to cover your needs in the best conditions.

I have this same experience as Iguana.
Such talk of anti-fruit makes me believe the fruits you get are far different from mine.
You’re right: I could see in America how fruit tasted, even 50 years ago. I think they are much more fade and boring now with all the advances in agricultural industry… Even here in Europe, instincto is hardly praticable with the commercial fruits. That’s why I created a predecessor of Orkos in Switzerland in the 70s. BTW I have no longer any interest in Orkos...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:26:23 am by Iguana »

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2011, 02:12:08 am »
AFAIK there have been no studies that determines the amount of meat consumed by the Indians or the quantities of other food they could find, nor their lifespan and diseases.
At least it seems to be generally accepted that even the Lakota (Paleophil´s "buffalo people") were originally farmers.

"Before they adopted a nomadic lifestyle, the Lakota grew corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes and other crops. After they acquired horses and gained the ability to travel quickly, they traded buffalo hides and other valuables for corn and other vegetables they needed."
http://www.ehow.com/info_8748309_did-lakota-indians-eat.html

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2011, 12:02:58 pm »
To Paleo Phil
This stands true only with non domesticated animals (as already mentioned several times, instinctive stop is very hazy with beef, mutton, pork…) and furthermore if you have a sufficient choice at your disposal.
Please note that I was careful to specify "equal or greater quality." If better than domesticated is available and I can afford it, I assure you that I choose that. I select the best that I can afford of everything when it comes to food, and I use the alliesthetic mechanism to choose the best tasting foods of all that are available and not exorbitantly expensive for me.

If you mentally restrain your choice to red meat
I haven't the slightest inclination to do that. As I have explained, it is instead my alliesthetic mechanism that urges me to eat the highest quality red meat. You're not suggesting I should ignore that mechanism, are you?

To find out if you need something else, you must at first have a large choice of products,
Not everyone has such a choice, so you may wish to warn them about this important factor. Luckily, I am favored with better-than-average choice in America. While the meats and seafood choices available to me at my income level are not sufficient to eat only wild, they are very high quality indeed as compared to what's available to the average American and do include a fair portion of wild flesh.

stop eating meat for a little while and by every meal try all products to see which one will help you to come out of the vicious circle.
What is a little while and why do you assume it is a vicious circle?

You can’t know if you really need great quantities of meat without trying regularly other foodstuffs in sufficient variety.
No need to fear, I most assuredly do. Variety, spice and adventure are my middle names.

Within the above conditions, I never saw people who still ate instinctively very large quantities of meat for more than some weeks – or a few months in the most extreme cases.
Not even the traditional Inuit, Ache, Masai, Chukchi, Nenets, or Samburu? If so, then you are at odds with Aajonus Vonderplanitz on this. I know that eating a lot of meat is not necessary for many people (the Kitavans spring to mind), but surely you aren't arguing that no one can instinctively eat plentiful quantities of high quality meats?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2011, 04:29:41 am »

Not even the traditional Inuit, Ache, Masai, Chukchi, Nenets, or Samburu? If so, then you are at odds with Aajonus Vonderplanitz on this. I know that eating a lot of meat is not necessary for many people (the Kitavans spring to mind), but surely you aren't arguing that no one can instinctively eat plentiful quantities of high quality meats?
I think Phil has the right of this one. 

My hypothesis is that GCB's wife got cancer because she was eating grain-fed meat, or meat that was from cows eating some type of unnatural diet.  Certainly plenty of traditional groups eat lots of meat, and don't get cancer. 

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2011, 04:42:57 am »
Please note that I was careful to specify "equal or greater quality." If better than domesticated is available and I can afford it, I assure you that I choose that. I select the best that I can afford of everything when it comes to food, and I use the alliesthetic mechanism to choose the best tasting foods of all that are available and not exorbitantly expensive for me.
That’s fine, Phil!
I haven't the slightest inclination to do that. As I have explained, it is instead my alliesthetic mechanism that urges me to eat the highest quality red meat. You're not suggesting I should ignore that mechanism, are you?
No, I’m not. I was speaking in general, for all the readers and not specifically for you – and this is valid for the whole of my answer.
What is a little while and why do you assume it is a vicious circle?
A few days, perhaps. The vicious circle is what I described so: “If you mentally restrain your choice to red meat, your body will cope with it to find calories and other nutrients, and the taste will remain more or less attractive. That is then the danger, the need of nutrients goes over the immune problems, and you can eat and eat meat as though it were necessary to your organism.” Again, this wasn’t specifically directed to you.

Of course I’m not!

I wrote “Within the above conditions”. This meant I was referring to what I observed as part of instinctive raw paleo nutrition in my Center, where a lot of different foods were available so that everyone, including sick people, could quickly find the most suitable nutrients for their case and their health recovery.

I wasn’t referring to traditional hunther-gatherers who eat also cooked food, have harsh environmental constraints, a limited food choice and a good health from the start because their group has not been shielded from natural selection as most of us have been since a few generations.

At least it seems to be generally accepted that even the Lakota (Paleophil´s "buffalo people") were originally farmers.

"Before they adopted a nomadic lifestyle, the Lakota grew corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes and other crops. After they acquired horses and gained the ability to travel quickly, they traded buffalo hides and other valuables for corn and other vegetables they needed."
http://www.ehow.com/info_8748309_did-lakota-indians-eat.html
Thanks for that account, Hanna.

Best regards to all of you !
GCB 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:51:37 am by GCB »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2011, 05:50:05 am »
I think Phil has the right of this one. 

My hypothesis is that GCB's wife got cancer because she was eating grain-fed meat, or meat that was from cows eating some type of unnatural diet.  Certainly plenty of traditional groups eat lots of meat, and don't get cancer. 

What was her form / type of cancer? How old was she then?
It's also quite possible she was stressed out by the mere diagnosis being branded as "cancer".

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2011, 06:21:13 am »
What was her form / type of cancer? How old was she then?
It's also quite possible she was stressed out by the mere diagnosis being branded as "cancer".
Yeah, people that I've known have died very shortly after the doctor told them they had cancer and that they were going to die. I find that strange. I bet if the doctor didn't tell them that they would've lived longer or period.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2011, 11:33:11 am »
Thanks for the clarifications, GCB.

“If you mentally restrain your choice to red meat....
Good heavens, no. That thought never crossed my mind. My alliesthetic mechanism tells me that red meat is delectable, that's all. The only restraint I employ is actually to consciously limit my intake of meat, as I find that too much constipates me, for whatever reason. If I only employed my alliesthetic mechanism I would actually eat MORE red meat, not less.

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2011, 06:04:42 pm »
To Cherimoya Kid

There could barely be someone more careful about food quality then me! We meticulously eliminated every food that might be affected not only by molecules of the chemical industry, but also by thermally degraded molecules as in commercial animal feed. The presence of abnormal molecules from grain was also strictly prohibited throughout the whole instincto experiment. All our meats were very strictly from exclusively grass fed cattle or from wild game without any access to corn fields nor garbage.

To Goodsamaritan

Nicole had a carcinoma of the uterus at 56 and deceased at 58 years old.

We can obviously search all kinds of possible explanations. Only overlaps with other cancers cases can allow to see what are the most relevant explanations. My wife had been remained very confident in the instincto, to which she added the Hamer method and prayers. By the way, it is for these reasons that she didn’t agree to reduce her high consumption of meat, even though I had seen on myself the occurrence of a tumor after a very carnivorous phase and its disappearance after restoring my balance – thanks to wild game which doesn’t "deceive" the aliesthesic mechanisms, unlike meat from domestic animals.

It was after this tragedy that I could make the connection with a certain number of cancers cases cured by the instincto who relapsed (or developed a new cancer) in "falling" also into meat overload.

Best regards,
GCB

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2011, 09:32:14 pm »
Thank you for sharing your experiences GCB, very much appreciated! Super duper thanks!

In my short experience helping people with cancer, the liver is usually impaired and this makes the quality of the digestive bile poor, whereby the cancer sick needs to temporarily lessen raw meat and fat consumption.  Cancer usually involves a LIVER impairment problem component. When the liver's cleanliness and nutrition are slowly built up, only then will the consumption of raw meat and raw fat can be increased.  And then raw meat and raw fat can work its magic to heal people.

I myself in 2005 was liver impaired and large quantities of meats would have been a poor choice for that stage in my illness.

In my very recent healing experience with my 10 year old boy, Aajonus Vonderplanitz' opinion on candida and digestive system was correct for my boy's case (that digestion of beef / red meat may be impaired during this time).  My boy was on raw paleo diet with only raw duck eggs and various raw sea food for his animal food.  I tested his digestive system's health by trying raw beef.  At first his skin reacted badly.  We continued treatment red meat free for the next 3 weeks and then tried red meat beef again, by this time, my boy was able to digest it trouble free and was actually getting to be beneficial. 

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:41:06 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2011, 04:26:56 am »
We can obviously search all kinds of possible explanations. Only overlaps with other cancers cases can allow to see what are the most relevant explanations.
Yes, thanks a lot.

I can testify that you are an extremely meticulous experimenter and observer as well as a strict follower of the scientific methodology.

When we read your article about it in Instincto Magazine n° 62, June 1994, I think that most of us, instinctos, thought that you had to provide an explanation, whatever it might be. Personally, I have never thought that instinctive raw paleo nutrition render us bulletproof against cancer because we can’t avoid various carcinogenic substances spread all over the air, water and food chain on this planet. I also thought that Nicole, just like most of us, had eaten cooked food and dairy during several years in her youth and that there are some substances (such as asbestos, for example) that can trigger a cancer decades latter.

At least in Switzerland, we didn’t change our habit to eat a lot of meat. But we had access to wild game such as chamois, venison, deer and even sometimes ibex, while in your Center of  Montramé the most commonly consumed meat was beef. That probably accounts for the divergence, as you assume.

Nevertheless, it seems that some instinctos, particularly in France, were destabilized by Nicole’s death and returned to cooked nutrition. Some others overreacted and switched to an inopportune almost vegetarian (but still raw) nutrition, eating meat only once in a way.

After talking with you, listening to and reading your explanations, I finally think that you’re probably right. At least, I’m sure you’re really convinced that your assumption is the most likely. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk