Author Topic: water controversy  (Read 10995 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
water controversy
« on: January 29, 2012, 02:57:45 pm »
Iv been drinking very little water later because aajonus says water is bad and soaks up nutrients like a solvent. Lately iv been craving water though even though he says u should get all of your water requirements from within the raw foods you eat.

I understand that if you are drinking dairy thats plenty of water but im taking a break from it right now, so should i therefore replace it with mineral water or just continue eating tomatoes when thirsty like aajonus says?

What are peoples personal experiences with water?
-----------

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: water controversy
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 06:01:35 pm »
Iv been drinking very little water later because aajonus says water is bad and soaks up nutrients like a solvent. Lately iv been craving water though even though he says u should get all of your water requirements from within the raw foods you eat.

I understand that if you are drinking dairy thats plenty of water but im taking a break from it right now, so should i therefore replace it with mineral water or just continue eating tomatoes when thirsty like aajonus says?

I think you should stop listening to things some other guy says, rather than listening to what your own body says. You should drink water if you want to. I hardly drink water because I don't really feel the desire.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:50:23 pm »
Agreed that's very stupid, if you're thirsty just drink water.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 12:15:53 am »
The thing is the water does satisfy me right away but a little bit later its like i didnt have any and I just need more and more so what aajonus says may be true.
-----------

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 01:02:31 am »
I understand that if you are drinking dairy thats plenty of water but im taking a break from it right now, so should i therefore replace it with mineral water or just continue eating tomatoes when thirsty like aajonus says? ...What are peoples personal experiences with water?

I think it's too bad that you didn't ask, "What are people's personal experiences with Aajonus?" However, I'll confine my remarks to your actual question.

I eat according to appetite and drink according to thirst. Water is my preferred beverage.

Your post made it sound like you have have consulted with Aajonus, so I would suggest that you go back and ask him what he recommends for your thirst since he told you to take a break from dairy. I can hardly imagine that Aajonus recommended that you take a break from dairy without mentioning an alternate source of hydration. He also probably told you to drink fresh vegetable juice until it pours of your ears. Does all that juice not quench your thirst?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 01:37:30 am »
I never had a personal consultation with him since i dont have the money right now.  Im taking a break from dairy right now on my own accord. Im still eating plenty of butter though since im pretty sure its not causing me any problems.

So much of what he said has proven very true for me so what he says carries a lot of weight with me but im not extremely dogmatic. Id like to hear other peoples experiences with aajonus and maybe I should start a new thread about that. From what I gather, the only thing people on here really have a problem with him about is the dairy issue.
-----------

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 03:50:01 am »
Still, the claim that you shouldn't drink water because "water is bad and soaks up nutrients like a solvent" is nonsense. Milk is 80-90% water, how come this water isn't bad and isn't soaking nutrients? Or are they already soaked? What does it even mean soaks up nutrients and why is it bad? Doesn't make much sense at all.

Getting dehydrated is really bad, so if you're thirsty just get water, in whatever way you prefer..

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 07:59:54 am »
Water is an interesting subject. I've wondered the same as you as I have found that AV does seem to come out with stuff that holds true with me "often", but not always. Some of what he says is clearly not accurate.

It's quite fun to listen to AV as he sounds so darned positive of his correctitude. Additionally he proceeds to give a plausible explanation, with names and where the bodies are buried LOL. It's really hard to tell.

I find water tastes good at times and at other times it is not appealing. This is what I use as my guide. If I crave it, then that is my immune system sending smoke signals.

Water quality is another can of worms. City water generally tastes 'orrible. It has been beaten and tied and dragged down by chemicals, over processing and passing through a variety of supply system pipes that render it pretty bad generally. I have had excellent success with a filter system (I am travelling so I can't tell you the name) but of course natural spring water is generally the best.

As far as it taking minerals out of the body, hmmmm well, maybe, yes because faeces is quite likely to contain minerals, as is sweat, urine, tears, snot and even occasionally a fart will contain minerals... and water.  ;D ;)

I do know that hot water is not a good idea since I've gone raw. Tea blows. I get that people have tea because it's more complicated and thus more intelligent.

Lastly each person is different. There is no one human body type. There are infinite combinations and permutations and to think that what is good for one is good for all is delusional.

This is AV's downfall and his insistence that getting sick periodically is natural normal and to be encouraged.
Cheers
Al

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 08:19:06 am »
Or are they already soaked? What does it even mean soaks up nutrients and why is it bad? Doesn't make much sense at all.

Yes that is his point. He says that the water in raw foods is good because it is already attached to nutrients. One of his points is that water dries you out whereas fats moisturize and lubricate. His example is soaking your hands in water and them becoming pruny and dry vs soaking them in a fat and them becoming more moisturized and lubricated.
-----------

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 08:25:34 am »

I as a rule do not drinking plain water.
At worst I will squeeze a calamansi, a lemon, orange juice in water to make it organic absorbable.
My self experiments time and time again shows how plain water is just horse drink.

I'd rather eat and drink hydrating fruit like watermelons, citrus, melons, mangoes, other stuff like cucumbers, etc.

But when there is NOTHING else to drink... I will drink water.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 08:28:55 am »
Dehydration and chronic dehydration are serious and should be avoided at all costs.

Still, the claim that you shouldn't drink water because "water is bad and soaks up nutrients like a solvent" is nonsense. Milk is 80-90% water, how come this water isn't bad and isn't soaking nutrients? Or are they already soaked? What does it even mean soaks up nutrients and why is it bad? Doesn't make much sense at all.

Milk has structure; is nutritious; and hydrating. Water generally is polluted; is tainted by man (either distilled or destroyed by pressure), and is not hydrating because it requires more energy for the body to overcome the pollutants, and lack of structure and incorporate into the blood. That water lacks structure or vitality is one of the reasons that water hardly feels hydrating, in my opinion.

Options for hydration include:
  • artesian spring water
  • re-structed water (a la vortexing [Daniel Vitalis], flow forms [Rudolf Steiner and Biodynamics], and through positive affirmations [Dr. Masaru Emoto])
  • blood
  • fats
  • vegetables
  • fruits
  • vegetable juices (but, be forewarned that pure vegetable juices are often damaging due to the high amount of sugar which rushes into the body without the buffer of fiber to slow the process)
  • milk
  • eggs (eggs are mostly water like milk)
  • hydrogen peroxide
  • urine (a la uropathy)
  • fermented vegetable juices (such as the brine of sauerkraut)
I've felt the need to hydrate myself as I've increased the amount of red meat I consume and I found a water distillery that provides spring water but the water is most likely of low quality. I find milk, blood, and eggs to be the best form of structure and hydration.

I've only yet to begin with uropathy but for the adventurous I would argue that this is a great way to hydrate oneself with structured liquid.

Here is an excerpt that describes urine in order to help one overcome the repulsion to drinking urine:

Urine is not, as many believe, the excess water from food and liquids that goes through the intestines and is ejected from the body as "waste". It is much different and much more. When you eat, the food you ingest is eventually broken down in the stomach and intestines into extremely small molecules. These molecules are absorbed into tiny tubules in the intestinal wall and then pass through these tubes into the blood stream.

The blood circulates throughout your body carrying these food molecules and other nutrients, along with critical immune defense and regulating elements such as red and white blood cells, antibodies, plasma, microscopic proteins, hormones, enzymes, etc., which are all manufactured at different locations in the body.

As the blood circulates, it passes through the liver where toxins are removed and later excreted from the body in the form of solid waste. Eventually, this now purified "cleaned" blood makes its way to the kidneys. When blood enters the kidneys it is filtered through an immensely complex and intricate system of minute tubules called nephron through which the blood is literally "squeezed" at high pressure. This filtering process removes excess amounts of water, salts and other elements in the blood that your body does not need at the time.

These excess elements are collected within the kidney in the form of a purified, sterile, watery solution called urine. Many of the constituents of this filtered watery solution, or urine, are then reabsorbed by the nephron and delivered back into the bloodstream. The remainder of the urine passes out of the kidneys into the bladder and is then excreted from the body.

The function of the kidneys is to keep the various elements in your blood balanced. When your body doesn't need something at a particular time, it is excreted - not because it is toxic or poisonous or bad for the body, but simply because the body does not need that particular element at the time.

Medical researchers have discovered that many of the elements of the blood that are found in urine have enormous medicinal value, and when reintroduced to the body, they boost the body's immune defenses and stimulate healing in a way that nothing else does.

(http://biomedx.com/urine/)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:51:37 am by zeno »

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 11:25:36 am »
Just an observation of mine--when we were drinking reversis osmosis water, my husband would say he always felt thirsty, like he could just drink and drink and not be satisfied.  I never felt like that, but did drink at least a few biiiig waterbottles full per day. 

Now that we get spring water (found a spring about 40min away, on findaspring.com...I get about 18 gal at once, and store it in a low, cool, dark cupboard) it is SOOOO much more satisfying.  My husband even noticed right away, and I drink probably about 1/2 the amount of water that I used to and feel thirsty way less often.

It makes sense to me that RO, distilled and city water isn't good or hydrating...the first 2, there's nothing in them (like there would be in nature--for ex. spring water, watery fruits and veggies, milk etc...all have nutrients and stuff along with the water)!  And the last one, there's too much CRAP in!  For a great description of the best water to drink, look up a podcast Daniel Vitalis did on water (can't remember what site, but you can probably find it if you google Daniel Vitalis + water + podcast or something), he's very knowladgeable about the subject. 

I remember when I was in nursing school, some classmates did a project where they looked up contaminents in city water...apparently there are detectable levels of almost every sort of prescription drug, birth control, pesticides, not to mention chlorine and flouride in most city water!!!! ICKKKKK!!! XP

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 11:11:44 am »
Just an observation of mine--when we were drinking reversis osmosis water, my husband would say he always felt thirsty, like he could just drink and drink and not be satisfied.  I never felt like that, but did drink at least a few biiiig waterbottles full per day. 

Now that we get spring water (found a spring about 40min away, on findaspring.com...I get about 18 gal at once, and store it in a low, cool, dark cupboard) it is SOOOO much more satisfying.  My husband even noticed right away, and I drink probably about 1/2 the amount of water that I used to and feel thirsty way less often.

It makes sense to me that RO, distilled and city water isn't good or hydrating...the first 2, there's nothing in them (like there would be in nature--for ex. spring water, watery fruits and veggies, milk etc...all have nutrients and stuff along with the water)!  And the last one, there's too much CRAP in!  For a great description of the best water to drink, look up a podcast Daniel Vitalis did on water (can't remember what site, but you can probably find it if you google Daniel Vitalis + water + podcast or something), he's very knowladgeable about the subject. 

I remember when I was in nursing school, some classmates did a project where they looked up contaminents in city water...apparently there are detectable levels of almost every sort of prescription drug, birth control, pesticides, not to mention chlorine and flouride in most city water!!!! ICKKKKK!!! XP

I am still from the opinion that distilled water has amazing benefits for the body and that we have to flush our system from toxins, heavy metals, as well as excess nutrients and calcifications whilst also re- introducing new minerals and nutrients whether organic or not.

As for structuring the distilled water, perhaps that can be done by brining the water close to its freezing point. Not necessarily freeze it just cool it down enough to re-structure it.

Is there a study of how much a person loses minerals when he flushes his system from old ones?

I think not much. That is a personal opinion which at the moment makes sense to me. We lose excessive salts, we can reintroduce more through our diet, meat and veggies and their juices are rich with minerals. Chances that u will get deficient are pretty low IMO as compared to the benefits of maintaining a lean body and muscles and getting rid of all the urea and uric acids and calcifications.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 03:59:35 pm »
I too found that drinking distilled water just made me drink vast amounts without feeling properly hydrated. It would just quickly pass out the other end, as though my body didn't want it.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 12:02:09 am »
Options for hydration include:
    • fruits
    • vegetable juices (but, be forewarned that pure vegetable juices are often damaging due to the high amount of sugar which rushes into the body without the buffer of fiber to slow the process)

Hey Z you should probably qualify this statement because most veggies (excluding root veggies which should be juiced in very limited amounts) have miniscule amounts of sugar/starches compared to most modern fruits. In spite of the fiber, eating an orange or an apple would introduce way more readily absorbable sugar (because chewing essentially juices these foods in your mouth) than a veggie juice of say, cucumber, parsley, cilantro, celery, cabbage and green pepper. Also these veggie juices are so potent, and so nutrient dense that a reasonable dose is but a few sips at a time, not a big (6 oz + unless you are trying to do some acute medicinal dosing) glass of it.

"As water may dissolve the lead from pipes through which it flows, it should be allowed to run several minutes before using if it has not been recently run off (as after standing over night) to avoid the risk of lead poisoning."

If water can pull metal from pipes, it can certainly do so from your body, but as you've said maybe that's a good thing. But is distilled water only able to do this, or is the more natural spring water able also? Probably you can get the benefits of detox with spring water, without the harms of distilled water.

"Distilled Water

This is water in its purest state. It is said by many authorities to be unsuited for a beverage because of total absence of mineral matter and gases, on account of which mineral matter is greedily abstracted from the walls of the stomach, thereby causing congestion and irritation. It is generally used for medicinal and chemical purposes. If employed as a beverage it should be aerated to improve the flavor."

This would make sense as the water, devoid of anything but itself, will be looking to bind with whatever it can.

Also if you're looking to pull toxins out of the body, I would guess that your fats and vegetable juices would do this healthfully and as a matter of course by their nature (this diet, theoretically is constantly detoxing your system), whereas distilled water would be fairly indiscriminate, pulling large amounts of all kinds of minerals as it flows though your body, while replacing nothing. Would be interesting to see lab assays of urine mineral levels while drinking unprocessed mineral water, and distilled water, each individually over a prolonged period of time. Anyone know of studies?

My source for the above quotes is.... http://chestofbooks.com/health/nutrition/Dietetics-3/Classification-Of-Varieties-Of-Drinking-Waters.html

Obviously this comes from a dietetics book which is part of mainstream medicine and not entirely trustworthy, read critically.

Here is a .pdf from the world health organization, which is one that I have a lot of criticism for, but it can be read critically for it's studies on 'demineralized water' or basically distilled water. I highly recommend this informative piece, at least give it a skim, it talks about studies done in rats with demineralized water and how they resulted in a net loss in certain minerals if not compensated for in diet..

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutdemineralized.pdf

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:58:38 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Abner

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 07:18:23 pm »
Benefits of Water:

The human body, which is made up of between 55 and 75 percent water,
Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your
body to carry on normal functions....

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 04:49:37 am »
There are all kinds of mineral balances that different spring or well waters have.  Some can cause mineral imbalances when water is the main source of liquid.  Most waters have an over abundance of Ca.  I've been adding a low sodium liquid sea mineral supplement to my water for several years now, and it really improves the taste of almost any water I add it to.  (it has low Ca. and high amounts of ionic Mg.)
   I'm wondering if for those of you who claim to be better hydrated using citrus, mangoes and melons... aren't confusing a sugar rush or slightly elevated blood sugar and hence insulin spike with the feeling of hydration. 
   Having 'too much' sodium in my foods will also leave me with the feeling that no amount of water is going to help. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 06:06:07 am »
I agree with van. I suspect that those who live off solely from distilled water or just from raw fruits and the like, will eventually suffer, healthwise.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:48:16 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 08:49:25 am »
I'm thinking of buying a cheap distiller. I don't like distiled water, but I don't see a better option right now. I was getting my water from a lake then masses of ducks moved in for the winter and the duck poop everywhere made me quit drinking from the lake. There is also a golf course up hill from the lake and lots of run off would wash in when that was in use. I'm going to contact the park and see what they use. I have a water ionizer. I haven't used it in a long time. It was from 

[url]www.hiddencures.com/url]

I don't like the plastic, but I thought after I distil my municipal I could add Van's mineral supplement (Van please share the name) and the ionizer, and have an improvement. I just don't know what is better to do. I can't stand to work so hard for my health and be poisoned by my drinking and bathing water. Nothing I know of to do about bathing, that is short of whole house RO  >:
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 09:59:06 am »
I'm thinking of buying a cheap distiller. I don't like distiled water, but I don't see a better option right now. I was getting my water from a lake then masses of ducks moved in for the winter and the duck poop everywhere made me quit drinking from the lake. There is also a golf course up hill from the lake and lots of run off would wash in when that was in use. I'm going to contact the park and see what they use. I have a water ionizer. I haven't used it in a long time. It was from 

[url]www.hiddencures.com/url]

I don't like the plastic, but I thought after I distil my municipal I could add Van's mineral supplement (Van please share the name) and the ionizer, and have an improvement. I just don't know what is better to do. I can't stand to work so hard for my health and be poisoned by my drinking and bathing water. Nothing I know of to do about bathing, that is short of whole house RO  >:

go to findaspring.com

im pretty sure theres one in your area.
-----------

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 11:12:50 am »
Distilled water cleanses the body, the slightly higher acidity of distilled water flushes calcium deposits from your system leaving you with a perfectly lubricated mechanical joints and lean muscles.

How much minerals will the water steal from your body? Not much... And you can recompensate for it through diet.

Restructuring cooked water can be done by cooling the water to its near freezing temp.

What else? After erasing the existing water memories by cooking it, you can install new happy ones the way you like.

First bullet point about cleansing is extremely important if you re looking forward to enjoying a youthful body at an older age.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 11:44:38 am »
Adora it's called Concentrace.  I buy it in an eight ounce container.  It comes from the Great Salt Lake.  There are also low sodium concentrated sea waters coming from Australia to look at.  I also find that drying sea weed bought from Larch in Maine (I dry what water remains from the dried product in the freezer) and then blending it to an almost power like consistency and then storing that power in a small jar in the fridge is a great way to get the balanced minerals of the ocean.  Digesting by eating seaweed is next to impossible (in my opinion) unless you cook the heck out of it.  Breaking it down to ultra small particles i think works well.  I have tried juicing it, but even with a green star, it simple appears to be just wasting it, except that the ducks get that.  I take up to a teaspoon a day, which seems small, but actually is a good portion considering how much goes into a teaspoon when ground.  I intend to add it to homemade saurkraut in the future.  And ultimately to harvest my own and juice fresh seaweed.  I think the ultimate health food super-food will someday day be freeze-dried seaweed juice from seaweeds out of very pure mineral dense waters.  Many people write about the mineral balance of ocean plants vs. land plants,, especially the ca. / mg. relationship, which is reversed in land plants due to the high amounts of ca. in most soils. 
    I have thought about distilling water again, and controlling the minerals by adding sea mins, but haven't gone there yet. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 04:28:10 am »
I agree with van. I suspect that those who live off solely from distilled water or juts from raw fruits and the like, wil eventually suffer, healthwise.

I agree, unless they are taking some kind of mineral supplement, like Terramin or bone meal.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 12:03:44 am »
Hey Z you should probably qualify this statement because most veggies (excluding root veggies which should be juiced in very limited amounts) have miniscule amounts of sugar/starches compared to most modern fruits. In spite of the fiber, eating an orange or an apple would introduce way more readily absorbable sugar (because chewing essentially juices these foods in your mouth) than a veggie juice of say, cucumber, parsley, cilantro, celery, cabbage and green pepper. Also these veggie juices are so potent, and so nutrient dense that a reasonable dose is but a few sips at a time, not a big (6 oz + unless you are trying to do some acute medicinal dosing) glass of it.

Thank you for the input, Citrus!

Offline awesomeame

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 01:40:06 am »
I found an interesting documentary on water:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/water-great-mystery/

Not really much to do with this thread, but it's pretty neat anyways

Matt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk