Author Topic: prevent cancer with apricot seeds  (Read 12872 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
prevent cancer with apricot seeds
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:46:44 am »
Hi everyone!

I'd like to suggest a great addition to raw paleo. I suggest everyone do their own research of course.

I regularly eat all the seeds from the fruits I eat. Even from things like mango's, peaches, apples, strawberries (I chew hard).

There's web sites selling apricot seeds. I'm actually buying a bag now.

If you're interested. Feel free to watch the world without cancer documentary on youtube.

If that interests you there's a book.

Cheers.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: prevent cancer with apricot seeds
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 09:36:42 am »
Seeds contain minute portions of toxins/antinutrients.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 10:36:28 am »
Does that include all of them?

Like strawberries and kiwis?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:14:54 am »
Seeds are pretty indigestible.  My guess is that you're mainly just wearing down your teeth.

Some seeds do have medicinal uses, though, like apricot kernels, mango seeds, and papaya seeds.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:33:10 am »
If you are on a raw paleo diet and you watch your pollutants around you as in practicing a paleo lifestyle, you are probably going to be free of cancer anyway.

I'd wager the apricot seeds address some nutritional deficiency of some people.  What does it taste like? 

Any instinctos try eating apricot seeds?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 12:33:29 pm »
Any instinctos try eating apricot seeds?

When I was little I broke one open and ate it out of curiosity. It was very bitter and somewhat astringent.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 01:50:44 pm »
Does that include all of them?

Like strawberries and kiwis?
Yes. Just swallow the fruit without chewing. If the seeds/kernels are large, spit them out.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 11:08:49 pm »
I eat the seeds of all my fruits because I find they have nutrients I need. Turns out vitamin B17 is a necessary nutrient!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 11:11:39 pm »
I eat the seeds of all my fruits because I find they have nutrients I need. Turns out vitamin B17 is a necessary nutrient!

Deffinitely! I. Just ordered a bag of apricotseeds.

It's my understanding that if it's not killing cancer, it's converting into a sulphur and provides health benefits.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 11:46:47 pm »
Deffinitely! I. Just ordered a bag of apricotseeds.

It's my understanding that if it's not killing cancer, it's converting into a sulphur and provides health benefits.

Is it not better to just eat ripe apricots with the seeds in them?
That way it is more balanced.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 12:47:18 am »
Different types of apricots have different seeds.
Usually seeds from domesticated trees are not bitter at all and very edible.
Seeds from smaller, wilder apricots on the other hand are very bitter; I remember my grandmother was boiling them nine times until all the antinutrient/toxic stuff comes out and they become edible.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 01:20:04 am »
It's deffinitely better buying them and eating them.

But it's not in season, and I like eating a lot of them.

Like 15-25 daily

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 02:38:53 am »
Different types of apricots have different seeds.
Usually seeds from domesticated trees are not bitter at all and very edible.
Seeds from smaller, wilder apricots on the other hand are very bitter; I remember my grandmother was boiling them nine times until all the antinutrient/toxic stuff comes out and they become edible.
"Not all apricot kernels are effective. They must have the characteristic bitter taste indicating that the B-17 ingredient is present."

Supposedly they have to have the bitter taste to be even worth eating.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 03:33:37 am »
"Not all apricot kernels are effective. They must have the characteristic bitter taste indicating that the B-17 ingredient is present."

Supposedly they have to have the bitter taste to be even worth eating.

Do you know of any places that sell just the seeds?

I buy online, but some places claim they're bitter and they're not.

I saw a website that sold "extremely bitter organic apricot seeds." But the prices are horrnedous

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 05:09:21 am »
Wow B17.. this is what's written on wikipedia about it:
Since the early 1950s, a modified form of amygdalin has been promoted under the names laetrile and "Vitamin B17" as a cancer cure. In reality, neither amygdalin nor any derivative such as laetrile is in any sense a vitamin.[3] Studies have found such compounds to be dangerously toxic as well as being clinically ineffective in the treatment of cancer. Taken by mouth they are potentially lethal because certain enzymes (in particular, glucosidases that occur in the gut and in various kinds of seeds, edible or inedible) act on them to produce cyanide.[4][5][6][7][8] The promotion of laetrile to treat cancer has been described in the medical literature as a canonical example of quackery,[9][10][11] and as "the slickest, most sophisticated, and certainly the most remunerative [ profitable ] cancer quack promotion in medical history."[3]
The Jews (they are known as Jewish seeds when boiled like that to death) or my grandmother wouldn't have boiled them for nine times, each time changing the water if this stuff was any good to be eaten straight as it is.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 05:20:39 am »
I've eaten plenty of bitter apricot seeds with no problem.

It's also found in all fruit seeds, from peaches to strawberries.

If you check quackwatch they bash it too.

Either way I've downed 10+ daily with no problems.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 05:29:06 am »
It's detoxified by sulfur compounds in the body like the cystine/cysteine amino acids, but the body stores of these get depleted fast if you eat some more of it.
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/pmidlookup?view=long&pmid=219680

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 06:46:52 am »
Since the early 1950s, a modified form of amygdalin has been promoted under the names laetrile and "Vitamin B17" as a cancer cure. In reality, neither amygdalin nor any derivative such as laetrile is in any sense a vitamin.[3] Studies have found such compounds to be dangerously toxic as well as being clinically ineffective in the treatment of cancer. Taken by mouth they are potentially lethal because certain enzymes (in particular, glucosidases that occur in the gut and in various kinds of seeds, edible or inedible) act on them to produce cyanide.[4][5][6][7][8] The promotion of laetrile to treat cancer has been described in the medical literature as a canonical example of quackery,[9][10][11] and as "the slickest, most sophisticated, and certainly the most remunerative [ profitable ] cancer quack promotion in medical history."[3]
The medical literature regards anything that is not the highly ineffective chemo and radiation, as quackery. VERY ironic profit was mentioned there.

I think seeds are harmless, as long as they are eaten in natural amounts.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 07:19:07 am »
The medical literature regards anything that is not the highly ineffective chemo and radiation, as quackery. VERY ironic profit was mentioned there.

I think seeds are harmless, as long as they are eaten in natural amounts.

Exactly. Raw paleo, The Specific Carbohydrate Diet, The Gaps diet. It's all viewed as innefective, and typically quackery.

If it's profitable medicine, chemo, sugery, etc. Then it's view as "medically professional" lol

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 12:36:38 pm »
I'm not chiming in on the toxicity or lack thereof with apricot seeds in particular, because I don't know. I do know that not all plant toxins will immediately make you feel bad or give you obvious negative reactions. There are plenty of toxins that slowly and quietly impair and damage organs to the point of seemingly sudden organ failure after weeks to years of repeated exposure. So don't just judge by how you feel now whether something you're eating is dangerous. Do lots of research, and don't discount studies from more mainstream sources as definitively bogus or just profit motivated out of hand.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 06:38:24 pm »
I'm not chiming in on the toxicity or lack thereof with apricot seeds in particular, because I don't know. I do know that not all plant toxins will immediately make you feel bad or give you obvious negative reactions. There are plenty of toxins that slowly and quietly impair and damage organs to the point of seemingly sudden organ failure after weeks to years of repeated exposure. So don't just judge by how you feel now whether something you're eating is dangerous. Do lots of research, and don't discount studies from more mainstream sources as definitively bogus or just profit motivated out of hand.
I agree that one should not rely on how they feel to determine whether something is good or bad, but instead to research and most of all use their own mind to THINK. I tend to never trust mainstream sources because it's mostly always biased, and instead take it with a grain of salt.

To me, it makes no logical sense to worry about ingesting seeds. Of course, if one consumes too many, it can be toxic...just like consuming too much water is dangerous.

I think a big reason medical literature is making a big deal out of seeds is because there is alternative cancer treatments that involve them. That threatens their business, so they scare you into not getting the treatments by claiming you will die.

I know you're not claiming anything, so what I wrote is not aimed at you. Just sharing my thoughts.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 01:39:14 am »
I agree that one should not rely on how they feel to determine whether something is good or bad, but instead to research and most of all use their own mind to THINK. I tend to never trust mainstream sources because it's mostly always biased, and instead take it with a grain of salt.

To me, it makes no logical sense to worry about ingesting seeds. Of course, if one consumes too many, it can be toxic...just like consuming too much water is dangerous.

I think a big reason medical literature is making a big deal out of seeds is because there is alternative cancer treatments that involve them. That threatens their business, so they scare you into not getting the treatments by claiming you will die.

I know you're not claiming anything, so what I wrote is not aimed at you. Just sharing my thoughts.

I've been eating seeds for some time, never experiencing ill effects.

Something to look into would be high b17 foods.

A lot are seeds. But some are grains, beans, blackberries and strawberries.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 11:03:13 am »
If I haven't said it already I have tried a great many cancer cures on my dog and me and my mother to try to help them both and with other people as well. Apricot seeds made my dog ill and me ill (I tried everything on myself before trying it on my dog or my mother). I have eaten very clean for a very very long time so I often could tell if something was not good quickly. Just a small amount of the seeds taken for not very long put my dog back into symptoms of inflammation and made me feel badly - beagle pain syndrome. I eat a great many seeds and nuts every single day and they do not make me feel like that. Just want to put that out there in case anyone cares. If you are not really sick or really healthy from eating really clean a very long time you might not notice the affects. I bought a ton of them because there was legislation possibly coming down the line to outlaw them - but I never gave my Mom even one after seeing what they did to my dog and to me. I repeat myself at the risk of being rude -  I eat almonds, brasil nuts, macademia nuts, hazel nuts, walnuts, pecans, pistachios and other seeds every single day - and they only make me feel good. They are probably my main source of protein and fat. I will not however eat more than one or two apricot kernels a week. Apricot kernels are not the same as the rest of the nuts and seeds to me. They are of a different order.

And still - after saying that - I still have tons and they were really expensive. If you want to buy them from me at a discount I'll sell them to you. They are the real bitter ones that are used specifically to heal cancer. I'll even soak them and dehydrate them for you if you don't have a dehydrator. They are in the original sealed bags and have been under refrigeration.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk