Author Topic: a strong mother...  (Read 62750 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: a strong mother...
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2012, 09:23:59 pm »
Hows your dog doing?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2012, 03:21:51 am »
We took her to the vet for her allergies, she is allergic to flea bites and certain bugs that can bite her in taller grass. For now she has to avoid grass, which sucks for a dog.
We have been feeding her meat scraps, which she loves, but she still gets dog food too since we cant always afford meat for her.
I hope eventually her allergies will resolve with a better diet.
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2012, 04:47:59 am »
Here some stats from my iPod food journal 'my fitness pal"....

Wednesday Aug. 29, 2012

Breakfast 702 cal
Lunch 937 cal
Dinner 742 cal
Snacks 1039 cal

My estimated goal to gain by the app was 2100...yeah right. So I went 1320 over.
If I don't gain on this, something is severely wrong. I increased my butter and olive oil intake. Before I was probably eating around 2200.

Typical foods

Eggs
Tiger Nuts (ground)
Coco Nut (ground)
Raw Butter
Avocado
Honey
Carrot
Sweet Potato
Cold pressed olive oil
Meats

And I add different veggies and fruit if I have room. Often onion, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2012, 08:04:51 am »
We took her to the vet for her allergies, she is allergic to flea bites and certain bugs that can bite her in taller grass. For now she has to avoid grass, which sucks for a dog.
We have been feeding her meat scraps, which she loves, but she still gets dog food too since we cant always afford meat for her.
I hope eventually her allergies will resolve with a better diet.

We can get ground chicken carcasses where we are for $1.50 a kilo. That has to be cheaper than dog food. I can get hamburger meat for $2 a kilo.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:27:28 pm by TylerDurden »

Albert Camus

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »
That is very cheap, we would pay about 8 bucks here and it is not even a kilo.

Chicken - I heard the bones are not suitable for dogs because they can break into little sharp pieces?

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 04:11:05 am »
As long as the bones are raw it is OK - its cooking the bones that makes them dangerous

CitrusHigh

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 04:19:53 am »
I don't know what to think about the whole chicken bones thing.

Coyotes and foxes in the wild will eat pheasant and consume all of the animal except for some feathers. All of my dogs I have fed whole chicken carcasses for the first year of their lives, but they seem to grow to dislike them after a while and I'm wondering if maybe they're not chewing the bones down small enough. I know that one year my dog, the mom of the dogs I have now, ate a chicken carcass and then when we were walking at the park had trouble defecating. She was yowling and seemed to be in terrible pain as if a bone had gotten lodged in her colon or rectum. She would pretty much never touch chicken after that unless it was lightly cooked and just meat. It was weird. And then her pups ate our chickens for the longest time but most of them reject the carcasses now, possibly for the same reason.

Furthermore, my stepdad said he fed his dog cooked chicken bones for over a decade without issue, but I have no clue if that is true or not.

I would say maybe limit the bones, so your pup isn't gobbling down more than the gut can handle.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 04:42:23 am »
That is very cheap, we would pay about 8 bucks here and it is not even a kilo.

Chicken - I heard the bones are not suitable for dogs because they can break into little sharp pieces?
8 bucks in Germany? I buy Kleinfleisch for 1 euro or so. You can slow cook it and then the bones get very soft.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 06:02:55 am »
8 bucks in Germany? I buy Kleinfleisch for 1 euro or so. You can slow cook it and then the bones get very soft.

Where do you get it? We buy from local farms, hunters and ebay.

Thoth
Yeah, I would be worried about that. My dog is a Shih tzu, so not exactly a wolf, and she has a flat face and underbite. Not sure she is the perfect breed for that? She LOVES sheep bones though, and bone marrow...

I read somewhere Shih Tzu are closely related to the wolf...haha, hard to imagine. She is more like a Gremlin than a dog.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2012, 03:29:33 pm »
the carcass is just the left over skeleton of the chicken. Not the meat.

Albert Camus

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 05:07:52 pm »

That's what I thought, but at least with some meat? No?

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »
What I buy is pretty much all meat with some small bones here and there. Some farms will give you a whole carcass which has a lot more bones but still has plenty of meat.
Suiren, I get it from the local farmers market.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 08:08:37 pm »
So where do you get your foods in general? We have been having a hard time finding grassfed meat. We found one seller that is affordable, but she is not shipping our order for some reason... -\

I wanted to update my progress:

Yesterday I ate 3700 cal, my weight is unchanged. At least I did not lose any more. It has not went up even the slightest bit either though, but maybe I need to wait longer to see ANY changes?

I combine a lot of potent foods, a typical lunch is:

2 eggs
40 grams of tiger nut
50 grams of butter
2 table spoons of olive oil
1/2 avocado
30-60 grams of meat

1 carrot or 1/2 sweet potato, with onions or bell pepper at the moment.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 10:07:04 pm »
yeah some meat suiren.

Albert Camus

CitrusHigh

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2012, 10:09:14 pm »

I was using carcass mostly in terms of an entire bird, only dead. And that is the definition you'll find if you google it. It can refer to a mostly de-fleshed skeleton as well.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 10:56:31 pm »
So where do you get your foods in general? We have been having a hard time finding grassfed meat. We found one seller that is affordable, but she is not shipping our order for some reason... -\
Mostly at the farmers market, where local farms come to sell their products 2-3 times a week. Isn't there some Wochenmarkt around your place?
There is a farm that carries grass-fed beef at my market, it's about 1.5x more expensive than regular beef from the supermarket.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2012, 06:06:54 am »
yeah some meat suiren.

I'll second this opinion to help push it up a little louder.
30-60 grams of meat is too little.
I would consider eggs to be more of cleansers or fat substitutes while the real meat you need is not available.

The lunch is complicated. I'm not a fan of food combining in that mush.

How about a lunch that is just a 200 gram slab of fatty meat... and nothing else?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2012, 06:11:36 am »
If you are into recipes because you have to get over taste issues, I have a recipe for LAMB.

Say 200 gm fatty lamb for lunch without the bones.

- add some extra virgin olive oil
- add some freshly pounded garlic
- some salt and pepper to taste

(then some newbies will sear this for 10 secs each side, like my own 11 year old boy)

Of course you expect eventually to just eat the lamb with zero condiments.

--------

If you are going to eat meat, it should be the star of your main meal, and it is enough to make you gain weight.  Meat as a side dish in those small amounts (in your typical lunch) mean you will not gain weight.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:26:26 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2012, 06:16:43 am »
I have another recipe for BEEF barbecue.  You can put this on sticks for full effect:

- Cut the beef in barbecue slices... make sure you got a lot of good fat slices
- Add in: raw honey, fresh garlic, fresh lemon, some salt and pepper
- mix in the mush and taste and adjust
- Put in sticks... have some 2 fat slices with 3 meat slices each stick.

enjoy as is... or again, sear for that newbie get started feeling for 10 secs smell.

--------

If you are going to eat meat, it should be the star of your main meal, and it is enough to make you gain weight.  Meat as a side dish in those small amounts (in your typical lunch) mean you will not gain weight.

in my personal experience, and I'm 5' 5" to gain weight I ate starting with around 150 grams at first of animal food total a day to around 700 grams of total animal food a day.   I even did the ridiculous experiment of trying to reach a kilo of animal food a day, but that would have meant cutting down on fat and too much protein as fat makes me limit my appetite.  I did try it until my kidneys hurt.  So I cut down to 600 grams per day estimate.  I think for 2 years in my year 2 and 3 I was eating 600 grams a day and loving it.  I got variety of land and aquatic creatures.

The tapering down of the animal food consumption comes after you've filled up your body stores.  By then you'd have gained significant weight.

Eventually when you stop CONDIMENTING... your body will tell you what it is hungry for... instincts come in.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:28:43 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:09 am »
Thank you for the recipes! It makes sense that I was eating too little meat. Trying to save money and grass fed is hardly affordable, but maybe partly cooked Paleo for weight gain for now, so we can buy cheap meat.

Once I get my hands on good quality meat raw is fine. I did not really find seared meat to be any easier.

Well I have lots of things to do, find better sources of meats and add more carbs and more meat.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2012, 04:19:36 pm »
I also saw your other thread.  And there was the issue of carbohydrates.  Honey and durian do it for me for weight gain.  A cheap source of good carbs may be ripe raw squash.  It is delicious raw and ripe if you haven't tried it, it's like eating a heavy melon.  I remember raw vegans making raw squash and raw zuccini spaghetti I think as they played around with their food processors.

I would also avoid nuts, in my experience, nuts interfere with meat digestion.  That was first reported by Aajonus I think.  Nuts are just minor treats some once a month for me.

If you follow the book of aajonus, there is the issue of eating frequent meals.  Every 2 hours. Just stuff yourself.  Your body will get used to it.  Aajonus likes it when people gain weight.  You've read Aajonus?

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2012, 05:14:09 am »
I do eat honey twice a day with butter. So I guess that's good.

Nuts - what about ground coco nut? (I know it is a nut, but I seems to be different) I have been using the nuts to mask the fattiness of the butter (+meat)...otherwise it will just be a mouth full of oily butter  :(.

Lately I have been eating less frequent, 4 times a day.
I always stuff myself, since I was a kid...not sure I will ever like it :/

Updates September:

Weight 46.6kg (that's a 0.4kg increase...so nothing really)
Meals: More meats, carbs, large infrequent meals, no snacks
Energy: Great
Hypoglycemia: No recent problems
Other: I noticed my son does not sleep very much at all for a one year old. It says the average is 14 hrs with naps. His average is 10-12 and he does not nap...he stopped taking naps, it is weird. I was thinking since my diet gave me more energy, it might do the same for him. I have been needing less sleep, I am okay on 6, little tired at the end of the day, and 6 1/2 or 7 seems perfect, more is too much...I felt crappy with 8 hours recently. That feeling when you slept too long.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 05:19:38 am by Suiren »

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2012, 03:54:51 am »
More updates, because there are changes...

Weight: I haven't weight myself in a while, I usually never weight myself, just recently did do it more often to see if I gain. I assume I haven't gained but not lost either.

Strength: I noticed I haven't had any back pain in a while, and I can carry my son for long, long periods at a time. He is 24lbs and so far I have held him for up to two hours, or had him in the wrap. That may not sound like much but I received a lot of amazement from other moms.
Plus, whenever I think my arms had enough, they keep adjusting, it is like that with overall strength too, and was the same in pregnancy. I was always able to handle the big belly and was pretty active.

Skin: I keep looking into the mirror, because I am somewhat in disbelief, but my skin just keeps changing...Like I mentioned before, the first changes I noticed was clearer skin, but now I notice things improving that I never even felt were bad. It is hard to describe but my skin is finer in texture, the glow seems healthier, like more "dewy", my skin is less dry and less oily and my pores are tiny now. My eyes also seem fresher, not sure how, I never felt aged and I don't have wrinkles (yet), but overall I seem to be looking younger *shrug*.

But, I noticed that if I only cheat a tiny bit on my diet, like something with milk or rice, or potato, I will break out badly. Not very fun...and I would only do that very rarely.

Baby:
Going to weekly play dates now to meet other moms and babies. We had a good time, even though none of the moms parent like me really. No one breastfeeds, or not anymore (stopped at 6 months), co-sleeping sounds like a nuisance to them and two only do it because their babies don't sleep in their crib.
However, they seemed positive about me still breast feeding and co-sleeping. They also did not bother me too much about my diet. I was not completely honest though, I said we have food intolerances, which is only half true, but I don't want a discussion about our diet.

My son is the oldest, and the only one walking, but he likes to play with the 11 and 12 month old babies that can crawl. He is not very interested in the 7-8 months olds.... ;D big boy.
Most mothers are a little older than me (mid-late 30's) and just had their first and last child. I am the only one that wants more children... :o they feel it is a hassle. I don't find parenting hard at all really, but I suppose I have a much easier time because of me parenting more natural.
I respect their choice, but it did surprise me to hear this.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2012, 04:17:53 am »
suiren i admire you for having the courage to be a mother like you do
you are indeed a strong women, i feel like the other mothers are really missing a connection to womenhood and motherhood, what a better way to connect then to breast feed.  i think that and cosleeping are important as long as proper boundaries are made at so that the parents are not at the will of the child.  the folks i am living with are bad about that and while i am still glad to hear they breast feed and cosleep (hes 13 months) they havent really set appropriate boundaries are are suffering with loss of sleep.  hes the brightest child though:) and its wonderful to see a mom pretty similar to yourself so in love with her child and being a mother :) glad to hear you are feeling physical strength as well as better skin.  i think that the sensitivity to foods will definitely decrease overtime as your endocrine system strengthens and balances, although you may choose to abstain from certain foods indefinitely

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2012, 04:28:00 am »
Thank you Jessica!  :)

You know, it often surprises me how so many parents don't like this type of parenting. Everyone is just all about books and methods.
I just started parenting this way naturally, I was not really intending to co-sleep, it just happened naturally. I enjoy it, but most parents want the bed for themselves.

The boundaries you are talking about with your friends child, might be impossible to keep. Many toddlers wake often and nurse more at night, because they are just going through so much learning and developing. My son slept great at 10 months and only woke once, yet from 12-13 1/2 he woke up to six times at night.
All I do is pretty much cater to his demands. He is all instincts, he knows what he needs. Turned out he was teething too (molars). Now he is back to his normal sleeping habits. I do not suffer loss of sleep really, because whenever he wakes, he gets to nurse and all is good, we just doze off again. I can hardly even remember how often he wakes up  ;D.
Not sure if your friends do that, but if not it will help a lot!

Now for the October updates:
I learned a few things...

Weight gain: I got tired of eating 3500 cals a day and not gaining. I stopped and barely ate, only when I was actually HUNGRY. I did not lose any weight...now that is weird! I don't think I ate more than 2000 cals. Probably around 1300.
Anyhow, I am slowly increasing the calories, to see if my body gains weight better after this low calorie phase.

My bodies reaction to SAD foods:

I had a short period of cheating a few times. Mostly because I needed to buy food on the go, but I also pigged out on my birthday (Pasta, cake).
I don't think I should do that anymore though. Because not only did I break out like cray...I don't even have words for it, I have never seen this...
I also felt sick, hypoglycemia, stomach aches, digestive pains, bowel problems, fatique, headaches and all over body aches, even back pain.
My back pains had mysteriously disappeared a few months ago...I figured my body adjusted to my fat baby ;), but I guess that was not all.

Last but not least - my wisdom teeth that were pulled twelve years ago are regrowing...not what I wanted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk