Author Topic: Inclined Bed Therapy (formerly Elevating the head of your bed)  (Read 79624 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Inclined Bed Therapy (formerly Elevating the head of your bed)
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2012, 01:46:36 pm »
raw - that won't work. You have have the bed straight with the whole thing at an angle.

Attached is a diagram that illustrates the inclined bed therapy so there will be no mistake about its interpretation.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wilson57

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2012, 02:12:32 pm »
obviously your points are appreciate, you know one of relation told me the same problem like, he could able to stop her snoring when changing the sleep position, but she could not able to sleep for at least half an hour , once she return back to her favorite position then again she started snoring. She explained that she could not completely changed fer position. Okie i will try to give you some better option in my next reply.

Offline wilson57

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2012, 02:14:08 pm »
hello martin welcome,

and really awesome work that you are attache image over here and it should definitely useful for viewers to understand simply.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2012, 02:52:43 pm »
Can we rename the subject of this thread to:

Inclined Bed Therapy (formerly Elevating the head of your bed)  ?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2012, 07:47:01 pm »
My bed has been elevated 18cm for a while now. I don't think I've noticed any differences in my sleep or otherwise so far.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2012, 08:38:44 pm »
Can we rename the subject of this thread to:

Inclined Bed Therapy (formerly Elevating the head of your bed)  ?

Sure
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2012, 08:53:06 pm »
Subject changed to: Inclined Bed Therapy (formerly Elevating the head of your bed)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:35 pm »
So you still haven't told us how many inches your head is elevated above your feet at this point GS. The diagram shows what I described as the max - 8 inches higher.

I can not determine from your picture how many inches the head is above the feet - maybe some people can - but I'm not good at determining angles/inclines by looking.

I think I might have been the only person to start directly at max incline and I would be interested to know if you have done so as well. Are you sleeping on this bed every night? Is your wife also on the incline?

There have been several people that have had bad results doing too much incline at once. I'm curious what percentage of people here will have that difficulty.

IBT is still going well for me. Since I didn't have much if anything in the way of symptomology to reverse I'm not a very good test in some ways. I just like it and it feels like it's a good thing for me. I know that it can have a powerful affect from what happened to Brian and from the massive amount of water we were drinking at first. Now, if I recommend this to anyone, I want to figure out a safe number of inches to suggest to raise the head of the bed at first and how fast (or slow) to go in continuing the elevation over time.

So, I would greatly appreciate it if people add how many inches they raise the heads of their beds in relation to the feet and over what time periods they raise it along with any affects.

Thanks.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »
obviously your points are appreciate, you know one of relation told me the same problem like, he could able to stop her snoring when changing the sleep position, but she could not able to sleep for at least half an hour , once she return back to her favorite position then again she started snoring. She explained that she could not completely changed fer position. Okie i will try to give you some better option in my next reply.

Huh?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2012, 09:15:53 am »
I'm at a 4" incline and holding because I keep sliding off the low end of the bed. I wake up several times per night with my feet dangling and have to crawl back up. I'm sleeping in the buff on a cotton sheet, which covers a three-inch foam on top of a board. No smart-alecky suggestions, please... I've already thought of everything from suction cups to tar paper.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2012, 09:40:52 pm »
Im lucky it turned out 8 inches higher at the head.

So for the past 4 nights ive been sleeping inclined.

My sleep every night and including this afternoon is a deep healing sleep.  Its like my body suddenly went into overdrive repairing everything.  I have experienced healing sleep before.  Maybe this ibt will take my health to a new level. 

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2012, 09:50:24 pm »
Excellent GS!, I'm glad it worked out for you.

As a side note for any of you that have pets it works for animals also.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2012, 10:02:23 pm »
I'm at a 4" incline and holding because I keep sliding off the low end of the bed. I wake up several times per night with my feet dangling and have to crawl back up. I'm sleeping in the buff on a cotton sheet, which covers a three-inch foam on top of a board. No smart-alecky suggestions, please... I've already thought of everything from suction cups to tar paper.
Do you have you any bedsheets that are rougher like maybe cotton flannelette?

Another choice might be to put the headboard at the base of the bed.

I sleep in the buff on cotton, but my mattress is a camping mattress, which is a semi-air/rubber thing. It's not the most comfortable, if you sleep on your side and I am not suggesting it. http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/SleepingBags/SleepingPadsInflating/PRD~5021-438/therm-a-rest-luxury-map-sleeping-pad.jsp
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2012, 11:08:43 pm »
The base / foot of my bed is against a wall so when i slide down my feet touch the wall i just push up again.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2012, 10:43:02 am »
Ugh! At 2:30 a.m. last night, I removed the blocks to get a good-night's sleep, which I do not get when I'm slipping off the bed all night. Bracing my feet against the wall was a logical idea, but it gave me pain in my hips. As soon as I un-inclined the bed, I fell into a restful sleep until it was time to get up for work. I like the feel of a gentle incline of about 2" because it gives my neck, back, and shoulders a gentle traction without the feeling of slipping.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2012, 01:00:59 pm »
I'm thinking Eve that you might have to go very slowly to let your body, subconscious get very gently used to it over time. The fact that 2 inches feels good I'm sure is already doing something positive at that angle too. You might have to increase it only a quarter of an inch at a time over years to get there but who cares? You might get more out of your two inches than I get out of the 8 inches!

Sounds like 2 inches might be the right place to suggest starting for people I'm thinking. I'd be curious to know if Jessica and/or ionna would have troubles with only 2 inches.

GS - So glad it's working so well for you and that you just happened to have something that was perfect for the job.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2012, 07:51:20 am »
I'm not so sure that the Egyptians and Andrew K. Fletcher are the ultimate authorities on degree of incline, so I'm not planning on working up to a specific degree of incline. What appealed to me most is the observation that sleeping surfaces in nature are not necessarily level, and that on finding a sleeping surface, a human would naturally rotate to an inclined-head position. I'm just not the type of cavewoman who would go around checking the incline with my paleo-protractor.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2012, 08:05:11 am »
Well, I'm the kind of "not-so-cave-woman" that sleeps in a bed so doesn't get all sorts of different inclines naturally so have to figure out what's best for such an unnatural thing and taking into consideration all the other highly unnatural things I do and don't do in my modern lifestyle. This "not-so-cave-woman" also trusts someone that came up with the idea in the first place and did studies on it and has a forum where people tell all the problems they've cured. When enough people say that they get increased results up to a certain height but not beyond it - I'm going to take it into consideration because that's the best I have next to living a completely different kind of life than I'm leading now - which I don't want to give up. Anything that actually helps - that's what appeals to me. I don't mind modern protractors if they are useful.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2012, 11:22:07 am »
Here is a post from another group from a MT. I tried attaching the picture from it but this site seems to be allergic to my attempts at adding .jpg files...

"Yes, the benefits of Incline Bed Therapy are beyond awesome.

When we sleep at night, even in a normal horizontal position, we remove the compression aspect of gravity on our spinal discs. They will rehydrate and absorb fluid and become slightly plump again. A bit like putting air into a deflated balloon.

To understand how this is important to us, and why IBT works so well, to the effect of curing wheel-chaired patients with nerve injuries requires us to understand a little about the spine and nerves.

The spinal nerves exit the spine via half circle openings in the top and bottom of each vertebra call Intervertebral foramen. The distance between the top and bottom foramen is regulated by our spinal discs.

As we age the spinal discs that manage this most important task for us loose their ability to rehydrate as well as they did when we were in our youth. When we are in an upright position, gravity is compressing these discs, and by the end of the day they have lost a little of their hydration and plumpness and the space in the foramen narrows, thus risking putting stress and pressure to the exiting spinal nerves.

When we sleep inclined, not only is the pressure reduced so the disc can rehydrate, it is reversed and a slight traction comes into play opening the spine up. IBT will gently pull the vertebra apart which means more fluid will enter the spinal discs and far better cushioning and distance is maintained between the vertebra.  Over time, (6 months +) its a bit like getting a new backbone.

The body can heal and rebuild the nerve system much easier in this state of spinal lengthening. It can even help rebuild damaged discs and damaged nerves (no surgery needed). Thus we see some reports of wheel-chaired patients seeing their back and spine heal to the point they can throw out the chair and get a normal life again.

And to think we get all this for free :-)))

Enjoy your new back and spine! So long as you keep yourself inclined 4 inches to 8 inches your entire body and all the functions in it will continue to serve you well past your 100's

And we haven't even gone into the detox and heart value and the many other almost miraculous aspects IBT provides.

Professional health services aren't going to push IBT. I puts many health services out of work for its ability to restore health to the entire body and also helps to optimizes all system of the body.

I can't think of anything more important or valuable for people to know and utilize.

We don't want to go too high an incline with IBT otherwise we loose the myofascial trauma reduction effects IBT provides.

While the spinal traction is low and mild, it posses no threat or stress to the body, and the body can relax and "let-go" very easily. If we incline our beds too much, then the traction increases and a level of stress is introduced to the body and muscles have to slightly tighten to maintain skeletal integrity. We loose much of the benefits of the zero stress traction.

I have found 4 to 7 inches is perfect for my damaged back (nolonger damaged, it repaired itself :-) ...  8 inches and above is getting a bit too much for me and very slight stresses come into play. Currently my bed is set to 4 inches and this is where I have left it for over 12 months now.

Like most "real" healing arts, we are all going to be a little different and will find our own level of best comfort."
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2012, 01:06:27 pm »
Traction is also mentioned online by chiropractors and physical therapists who heal frozen shoulder-type complaints. For the shoulders, traction needs to involve the neck, clavicles and shoulder blades as well as the shoulder joints. I've seen shoulder-traction appliances for sale online, but I think that IBT offers the same benefit without the "contraption-ness" of these appliances. On a flat bed surface, a sufferer (like me) wakes up feeling maximum shoulder pain because of lying "scrunched" all night.  On an incline, I feel like "ahhhhhh!" the minute I lie down, and the feeling in the morning is great.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2012, 09:23:14 pm »
Eve,
Sounds great that the IBT is working for you.

You'll have to excuse my complete ignorance on the subject. Have you ever tried the inversion tables? I almost bought one till I realized it would be just one more thing in the house. I do Yoga anyways and I hang from my arms on a bar in my garage to loosen my shoulders.

Kite surfing helps also as my arms are extended and almost hyperextended  almost all of the time
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2012, 08:11:43 am »
Have you ever tried the inversion tables? I almost bought one till I realized it would be just one more thing in the house. I do Yoga anyways and I hang from my arms on a bar in my garage to loosen my shoulders.

I'm with you on the "one more thing in the house" aversion. I do inversion postures in yoga, but they are not done on a slant board. In addition, there are many postures that work the shoulders along with the rest of the corresponding lines of the body, so I never "do" my shoulders in isolation, only as part of a stretch or a twist. The genius of IBT is that it engages every part of the whole body. I think the whole-body approach is key when one wants to let the body heal itself.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2012, 09:46:07 pm »
Ok, so it's been about 5 months since I sleep inclined and I noticed a couple of things:

- still cant get used to sleeping without the pillow (this was also before ibt)
- initially, I had intense visualizations as I was falling asleep and eventually they reduced, but dreams are more vivid than before anyway
- same thing is true about fat eating vs water drinking (if I dont eat fat, I drink a lot more water and go at least once per night to the toilet)
- resting and sleep time seems to be, mostly, the same as before
- going to sleep right after a big meal doe not seem to be so taxing
- it does seem to help me recover faster from injuries

Now another really interesting thing that I would like to measure is the brain activity/waves during sleep. If any of you have portable devices that can measure that and make a comparison it would be nice.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2012, 09:51:39 pm »
Majromark - why do you want to sleep without a pillow?

My husband reports reduced trips to bathroom from at least three to just one per night.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk