Author Topic: No Water  (Read 28347 times)

Offline dogman333

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: No Water
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 08:27:59 am »
I think this information from Dr. Thomas Cowan gives a little insight into AV's recommendation to limit water --- because if you eat right, you may not really need very much water. It seems our ancestors never walked around with a  water bottle all day. Apparently, the body makes water, and in that way pushes the blood through the body. It's water pressure, not the heart pumping.

The below is from "The Heart is Not A Pump. It Listens."

How to get that push? Some might say drink more water. But ingested water doesn’t reach capillaries, at least not very effectively. What does cause efficient water production at the capillary level? Metabolism, and according to biochemistry texts:

* consumption of 10 grams of protein releases 4 grams of water
* consumption of 10 grams of carbohydrates releases 6 grams of water
* consumption of 10 grams of fat releases 10 grams of water.

This release of water comes only when sufficient oxygen is present in the blood., and moderate, regular exercise is the most effective way to release more oxygen into the blood.

Sufficient oxygen plus a metabolism in which cells live predominately on fats results in the most efficient pump, the healthiest circulation, and a healthier heart. Thus the strategy with any “dis-ease” of the heart is to slowly increase the percentage of healthy fats in your diet while at the same time increasing the amount of moderate exercise you do.

Here's the link:    http://fourfoldhealing.com/2005/02/01/the-heart-does-not-pump/

And don't forget to get grounded:    http://youtu.be/1qSAZXjOo9g

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 01:54:39 am »
I've been using an inland sea mineral liquid, low sodium, high in mg. to my water for years.  I love the taste.  Even though I have an exceptional well.   I'm planning on buying a distiller, remove all minerals and start fresh with a balanced source.  Most waters are mostly ca. and low in mg., and of course low in most trace mins, to say the least about having any natural balance to them.  When I say natural, I mean that it would come close to resembling the mins in the ocean.  I've recently found Blue Ocean Minerals, which like the aforementioned product, somehow includes ca.  Usually when they precipitate out sodium, Ca. also drops out.  But Blue Ocean has a different process where the ratio of mg. to ca. is 3/1.  I'll let you know how this works.     To test the idea I bought one of those  pour through water filters that removes everything, and then added the sea mins to that.  I loved that taste, far better than adding them to my well water.  But,  when I went to change the filter and open the old one up, and looked at all the man made little plastic looking beads that collected the impurities and mins from the water, I thought there's no way I'm going to trust that that is not going to leach into my water.  The method of testing the water I believe is from a conductivity test,,,  plastic I don't think will show up on the test meter. 

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 01:59:27 am »
I'm planning on buying a distiller, remove all minerals and start fresh with a balanced source.

I was using a distiller for over a year. I never added anything to it though. I use one from waterwise.

http://www.waterwise.com/productcart/pc/4000.asp

People have told me distilled water leeches minerals. But I've read thoroughly on it and it's been debunked.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 07:03:10 am »
It's true that distilled water leaches minerals. I had a  very frightening experience during my distilled-water experiments. I would drink gallons of the stuff and still feel the need to drink much more as I never ever felt sated. I've since been told that the best way to absorb water is to put a little something in it like salt or lemon etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 07:12:51 am »
I definitely drank a lot of distilled water when I was drinking it. But I never had any problems.

I even had certain minerals tested (calcium, magnesium) and the only thing low was calcium. And the reason it was low is because I was eating a dairy free, very low calcium SCD diet. I added a SCD legal calcium supplement and my levels returned to normal.

So I disagree with the notion that it leeches minerals from the body.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 11:40:51 am »
I recently read a science report that marathon winners drank the least water, and that our metabolic water byproduct is enough (can't find the link).

At the moment I am drinking salty water hoping it will help with detox.

Offline dogman333

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 11:31:32 pm »
Alive, I believe you're referring to the work of Timothy Noakes, especially his book "Waterlogged."

He noticed along time ago that the athletes who drank the least water were the best performers --- sounds like Aajonus again! See my post above about the metabolic sources of water from our foods.

William

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 09:24:23 am »
I recently read a science report that marathon winners drank the least water, and that our metabolic water byproduct is enough (can't find the link).

At the moment I am drinking salty water hoping it will help with detox.

It was drinking water that killed a marathon runner. His blood was so diluted that it no longer had enough minerals in it to keep his heart beating.
The trick is to drink something that contains enough electrolytes.

BTW, Dr. Hal Huggins found that dried seawater is not good for the blood, but pickling/canning salt causes no bad changes. This from blood work done on his patients, and their experience.

I'm drinking distilled + picking salt, at ~1/2 to 1 teaspoon/day.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 10:22:39 pm »
It was drinking water that killed a marathon runner. His blood was so diluted that it no longer had enough minerals in it to keep his heart beating.
The trick is to drink something that contains enough electrolytes.

BTW, Dr. Hal Huggins found that dried seawater is not good for the blood, but pickling/canning salt causes no bad changes. This from blood work done on his patients, and their experience.

I'm drinking distilled + picking salt, at ~1/2 to 1 teaspoon/day.

Omg you have got to be out of your mind, that is so counter intuitive and from everything I have learned and experienced could not possibly be true that salt is healthy and kelp is unhealthy. Did the blood work test for EVERYTHING? How was this kelp dried? Cooked kelp likely may be harmful as it has very high levels of minerals that could lose their cations and become toxic when heated.

Thorvin kelp is the highest quality kelp you can get for livestock. They also have human grade products. It is harvested sustainably in Iceland and dried using geothermal energy at low heat to preserve the quality.

I rarely eat kelp because I probably make better use of the iodine coming out of my animals who are eating kelp than I do, though I do eat pinches here and there when I am feeding the animals.

Seeing the results on my animals first hand by using kelp I have to beg to differ.

Personally I rarely drink water, albeit I drink plenty of raw milk most of the time. Only when it is very hot out and I am doing physical labor do I become to take some small gulps of water. I rarely use salt and when I do it is small pinches of hand harvested sea salt.

I'm pretty into the glass of water, tablespoon of honey, tablespoon of apple cider vinegar which was an idea out of "Vermont Folk Medicine" to go along with a meal. Aids in digestion.

William

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 01:39:04 am »
If you read Dr. Hal Huggins' work you'll find that he is respectable, and no fool. And BTW it is not an opinion, and not mine.

If you read the iodine supplementation forum at curezone.com you shall see reasons not to eat anything from oceans. It's too much to remember here.

"Vermont Folk Medicine" is respectable, but you should keep in mind that it refers to a time before the overwhelming pollution we must cope with now. Note the tiny quantities of iodine.
For only one instance, Fukushima radiation leaks have already make milk too radioactive to drink in parts of the U.S.A.
http://www.amazon.com/Iodine-Bringing-Universal-Medicine-ebook/dp/B00501MTHQ#reader_B00501MTHQ

"Seeing the results on my animals first hand by using kelp I have to beg to differ."
Domestic livestock does not live long enough to show symptoms of the poisons in ocean source stuff. For instance I was in my 60s before the mercury poisoning from 50 years of amalgam fillings caused any apparent problem.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 02:27:10 am »
Totally bogus. Modern domestic herbivores all need more minerals than can be found on land except some extremely rare dry land areas in remote parts of the world. For instance in Great Britain, feral goats don't live more than 15 miles from the ocean or a few rare exposed mineral caches. They have been eating kelp since they have existed. Some parts of the world wild cattle and deer rely on kelp as a main food source during parts of the year. The only reason there aren't gobs of studies showing how good it is is because there isn't any money in funding the research. I assure you, the oceans are far less polluted than almost anywhere on land, because they are protected by the universal brine of life, which is about the same as the mineral composition of our blood, which apparently to you is poison... on land most of the living soil is dead and that compromises the mineral cations in the soil, tying up trace minerals and exposing us to more lead, flouride, aluminum and amonia than can be found in "polluted" ocean water. Yes the ocean is polluted, but not that much more than it ever has been. It is the source of life. You make a mockery of yourself by labeling it as poison.

Not to mention that humanity itself most likely evolved eating a large portion of sea foods and historically almost everyone who could get seafood ate it in quantity, even if other types of foods were plentiful.

I would eat seafood as a large part of my diet along with my partners if I were ever to help conceive a child and a young child also should have access to seafood as a regular part of their diet. Probably the best food for remineralizing bodies, bones and teeth, protecting from toxins and feeding minds. If not the best food of all.

Also, whenever I eat food with any regular salt in it, I get really really thirsty and feel like drinking a lot of water. If I don't drink the water I would feel terrible so I drink up. At a normal restaurant this would probably mean 4-8 glasses of water.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:55:15 am by RogueFarmer »

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 04:28:38 am »
Also, whenever I eat food with any regular salt in it, I get really really thirsty and feel like drinking a lot of water. If I don't drink the water I would feel terrible so I drink up. At a normal restaurant this would probably mean 4-8 glasses of water.

I don't think it matters much whether the salt is regular shit or high quality sea salt, because after eating say 1 or 2 teaspoons of sea salt I get so thirsty that I have to drink 1 or 2 litres of water. So I don't eat any salt anymore.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline primalgirl

• Trapper
  • Love Raw Primal/Paleo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 01:40:12 am »
I don't think it matters much whether the salt is regular shit or high quality sea salt, because after eating say 1 or 2 teaspoons of sea salt I get so thirsty that I have to drink 1 or 2 litres of water. So I don't eat any salt anymore.

Oh yes me too, so grateful to be off salt! I was at an event last night and there was a bowl of potato chips (long time addiction) and I picked one up and held it for a few seconds then tossed it into the trash, it created such a negative feeling in me...blew my mind! And when I do eat cooked/salted food I have to drink soooo much water to flush it out of me and feel better uck.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2015, 06:28:47 pm »
(AV says that one grain of sea salt kills 50,000 red blood cells)

is there any proof of that?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2015, 12:56:03 am »
Nowadays thanks to the; chlorine, fluoride (with fl. water and toothpaste etc) & bromine which is added to a variety of things including flour in some countries, it is necessary to get rid of this stuff, as being a halide it attaches itself to the thyroid in the iodine receptors thus causing your thyroid to not be able to work properly in producing hormones for body temperature regulation etc.

Soooo it is suggested to drink about 1/2 teaspoon of (anything but rock salt) salt in an eight ounce glass of water and then have another glass of water after that to download these halides from the system. It is called salt flushing. Then having some source of iodine, whether it be seaweed, free-range eggs, oysters, seafood, Lugols etc to replenish the system to assist the thyroid.

A natural form of iodine is a personal favourite. Lugols tends to be a bit strong causing a headache in higher doses, but it is useful and was once a very important medicinal, a staple almost cure-all used by Docs until big pharma figured out a way to discredit it with phoney science. No money in curing.

I used to have a lot of trouble with salt, but discovered it was the rock salt variety that was problematic.
Cheers
Al

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2015, 03:00:37 am »
Nowadays thanks to the; chlorine, fluoride (with fl. water and toothpaste etc) & bromine which is added to a variety of things including flour in some countries, it is necessary to get rid of this stuff, as being a halide it attaches itself to the thyroid in the iodine receptors thus causing your thyroid to not be able to work properly in producing hormones for body temperature regulation etc.

Soooo it is suggested to drink about 1/2 teaspoon of (anything but rock salt) salt in an eight ounce glass of water and then have another glass of water after that to download these halides from the system. It is called salt flushing. Then having some source of iodine, whether it be seaweed, free-range eggs, oysters, seafood, Lugols etc to replenish the system to assist the thyroid.

A natural form of iodine is a personal favourite. Lugols tends to be a bit strong causing a headache in higher doses, but it is useful and was once a very important medicinal, a staple almost cure-all used by Docs until big pharma figured out a way to discredit it with phoney science. No money in curing.

I used to have a lot of trouble with salt, but discovered it was the rock salt variety that was problematic.

did you ever read about Sole water?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline Robinlove

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2017, 11:18:25 am »
This is a very interesting topic. Much for my brain to think about.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Is distilled water raw or not?
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 12:04:27 am »
I was just wondering if distilled water was technically permitted on a raw food diet or not. I suppose it's more of a philosophical question than a scientific one.

I drink reverse osmosis water so I suppose it doesn't really concern me. I used to add minerals back into it but started forgetting. I think it's because I been eating a lot of salt and don't need them anymore.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
I suppose tea isn't really raw either.
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 12:11:28 am »
When I stopped drinking coffee the main reason I didn't switch to drinking tea was that it was made from boiling water and I didn't feel like it was raw. I suppose sun tea would be the exception. Maybe I might try that one of these days but for now I'm satisfied with juicing...

Offline Robinlove

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2017, 12:50:41 pm »
I wouldn't need water if I was consuming like half a gallon of raw milk everyday, either. Ha.

Offline Robinlove

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: I suppose tea isn't really raw either.
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2017, 12:52:29 pm »
When I stopped drinking coffee the main reason I didn't switch to drinking tea was that it was made from boiling water and I didn't feel like it was raw. I suppose sun tea would be the exception. Maybe I might try that one of these days but for now I'm satisfied with juicing...
but but... Rivers are from ice and snow which is put there from the water evaporating. So water is always going to be boiled at some point. The leaves certainly are boiled in tea, though. But water is never raw! Haha now I'm poking fun at you 😀

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2017, 03:28:21 am »
Yes but evaporated water is not boiled water. Unless maybe it came from a volcano! Water that has been boiled a million years ago doesn't count in my mind because it's had a chance to be cultured over and over by living organism's. Supposedly some of that remains in water's essence.

Offline Gatsuri

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2018, 01:27:30 am »
If someone drinks a lot of raw milk and blood and tolerates that well probably no need, I just stick to mineral water like Evian but I drink way less than I did when I still ate a standard diet

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2018, 07:05:38 am »
It's true that distilled water leaches minerals. I had a  very frightening experience during my distilled-water experiments. I would drink gallons of the stuff and still feel the need to drink much more as I never ever felt sated. I've since been told that the best way to absorb water is to put a little something in it like salt or lemon etc.

All water will do this. It will not only leech minerals but all nutrients from your body. Yes, it will leech some toxins too, and that's why a little water can be a good idea. But like AV said, it's a solvent. Like soap for the inside of your body. If you go crazy with it, you'll have problems.

Distilled is just worse as it heavily leeches minerals. I'm not sure if adding back minerals chemically extracted from petroleum and the like would help. It certainly doesn't sound very natural.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk